Best Buy 10% off coupon (Regular: 1/05-1/10 & Premier Silver: 1/05-1/16)

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
10% off all regular-priced music, movies, games (any combination, limit 3)

Regular: 1/05/11 - 1/10/11

Mobile Coupon - Other Coupons
Show your phone & this code to cashier: 1664141
Premier Silver: 1/05/11 - 1/16/11

Mobile Coupon - Other Coupons
Show your phone & this code to cashier: 1472849
Best Buy Coupon FAQ Version 1.0

Q: How to received this text?
A: Text SAVE for regular member or PREMIER for silver premier member to 332211.

Q: Does this work with PSN, XBL, Wii Points Card?
A: No but YMMV.

Q: Does this work with Playstation Move or Xbox 360 Kinect?
A: No these are excluded in the fine print because they're classified as Video Game Hardware.

Q: Can I combined with any offer or discount?
A: No, this cannot be combined with Released/Sale, BOGO/B2G1, Gift Card Offer, Price Match or Best Buy Gamer coupon as mentioned in the fine prints. Either this or the other but not both. You can also use your Reward Zone Certificate or Manufacturer's Coupon if available.

Q: Does this work with online?
A: No.

Q: How do I show this coupon without a phone?
A: Write down the code # on a piece of paper or print out the web page.

Q: Does this work with clearance sale?

Q: Does this work with pre-order?
A: Yes but you have to pay the difference when you pickup your item.

Q: Can I use this coupon after ordering online with in-store pickup?
A: Yes, bring this coupon before picking up your item.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I'm a Silver member and they mail me the coupons that expire the 10th. Guess it's more convenient to use my phone anyway.

Thanks OP!

Is there a restriction on using Reward Zone certificates with these coupons? I didn't see anything on the coupons, but Best Buy tends to have unwritten restrictions when it comes to stuff like this.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Is there a restriction on using Reward Zone certificates with these coupons? I didn't see anything on the coupons, but Best Buy tends to have unwritten restrictions when it comes to stuff like this.[/QUOTE]

nope, not at all, this coupon/sku number will scan in on the ledger before they hit total. Once they hit total, the RZ cert is a form of payment. so you're all good!

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Is there a restriction on using Reward Zone certificates with these coupons? I didn't see anything on the coupons, but Best Buy tends to have unwritten restrictions when it comes to stuff like this.[/QUOTE]The only issue you have with using one of these coupons is trying to use another coupon with it or do a PM. Supposedly they don't work on sale prices, though the only way to know is to try it.

As token2k6 mentioned, RZ certs are payment and work regardless, as long as you're buying something worth more than the value of the RZ cert(s).

[quote name='Kaiser499']Anyone think they will work today?[/QUOTE]

LOL, I got ambitious with the last round of coupons and tried a day before they were supposed to be live, and they didn't work, but if you're going there anyway today..

I remember the good ole day when Circuit City was around, you could use these on cards and sale items. Then again, those were also the days of the $5 off gift card. Ahhh, the memories.

The new XBL Points and PSN cards are considered gift cards to the BB register, so if the exclusions state gift cards then you will not get a discount on PSN cards. I have yet to get a coupon to work on PSN cards, but did back in the day when the XBL points were not activated at the register.

I'm hoping to get a sound bar on these coupons. Those flat screen TV's have horrible sound quality/volume.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Anyone think they will work today?[/QUOTE]

can always get the 10% off mover's coupon. It's on Slickdeals, just print it out, or load it on your phone. I used it yesterday to get a razer mouse. they typed in the sku and all was good.

I didn't check the fine print yet, but I'm assuming this is no-go on hardware? Specifically, the stand alone Kinect for $150?

Best Buy Coupon FAQ Version 1.0

Q: How to received this text?
A: Text SAVE for regular member or PREMIER for silver premier member to 332211.

Q: Does this work with PSN, XBL, Wii Points Card?

Q: Does this work with Playstation Move or Xbox 360 Kinect?
A: No these are excluded in the fine print because they're classified as Video Game Hardware.

Q: Can I combined with any offer or discount?
A: No, this cannot be combined with Released/Sale, BOGO/B2G1, Gift Card Offer, Price Match or Best Buy Gamer coupon as mentioned in the fine prints. Either this or the other but not both. You can also use your Reward Zone Certificate or Manufacturer's Coupon if available.

Q: Does this work with online?
A: No.

Q: How do I show this coupon without a phone?
A: Write down the code # on a piece of paper or print out the web page.

[quote name='shrike4242']The only issue you have with using one of these coupons is trying to use another coupon with it or do a PM. Supposedly they don't work on sale prices, though the only way to know is to try it.

As token2k6 mentioned, RZ certs are payment and work regardless, as long as you're buying something worth more than the value of the RZ cert(s).[/QUOTE]

the coupons WILL work on sale items that are new releases...like the movie Machete or a cd that released 2day. Something about it not being in the system b4 "glitch".

Also PM CAN b done but not stacked with BB offers/coupons takes 2 steps. First use the coupon or buy the items needed to fulfill the current offer like the buy 2 get a $_____ gift card and then PM the items @ CS. Always get the promo/coupon offer done 1ST.

[quote name='SleepyInsomniac']Looking to buy a PS3 headset... Is it excluded like the Move and Kinect? Or does it fall under a separate accessories label?[/QUOTE]

i think you're better off with the mover's coupon, (if ur headset is bluetooth you might be able to argue phone accessory/computer accessory, both on list) but you could always have both ready (literally google 'slick deals best buy mover coupon 2011' and its there.

Anyone know how they qualify the :ps3: Controller + Greatest Hits bundle? If i tried to use the 10% off coupon with that, think it will fly?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Controller+Greatest Hits Bundle should work fine.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man! :lol: i'll keep you all posted on how it turns out!

:D:D:D As ever, YMMV.

Thanks so much Incredipinoy...I just got back from the Fox Hills/"Westfield Culver City South" location where I managed to use the 12% off coupon on the standalone Kinect, so $131.99 AC (+ tax), thus $81.99 (+ tax) AC and the $50 GC from the 250gig holiday bundle I bought on Monday.

Cashier didn't even bother looking at any of the details of the printout...I just handed the 2 page printout to her and told her I got it from the Best Buy rewards zone website. But it just took her and another employee about 5 minutes to get the register to take 12% off...thankfully the manager never showed up when she called him/her over a couple minutes in, although that particular printout doesn't mention anything about it not applying to the Kinect, unlike the 10% media coupon which specifically states videogame hardware and Microsoft Kinect.

[quote name='Enuf']the coupons WILL work on sale items that are new releases...like the movie Machete or a cd that released 2day. Something about it not being in the system b4 "glitch".

Also PM CAN b done but not stacked with BB offers/coupons takes 2 steps. First use the coupon or buy the items needed to fulfill the current offer like the buy 2 get a $_____ gift card and then PM the items @ CS. Always get the promo/coupon offer done 1ST.[/QUOTE]Not always. I've seen CS reps shoot down PM after the fact because the sale price or the promotion is "any other offer" that the coupon specifically states it doesn't work with.

[quote name='karkyco']:D:D:D As ever, YMMV.

Thanks so much Incredipinoy...I just got back from the Fox Hills/"Westfield Culver City South" location where I managed to use the 12% off coupon on the standalone Kinect, so $131.99 AC (+ tax), thus $81.99 (+ tax) AC and the $50 GC from the 250gig holiday bundle I bought on Monday.

Cashier didn't even bother looking at any of the details of the printout...I just handed the 2 page printout to her and told her I got it from the Best Buy rewards zone website. But it just took her and another employee about 5 minutes to get the register to take 12% off...thankfully the manager never showed up when she called him/her over a couple minutes in, although that particular printout doesn't mention anything about it not applying to the Kinect, unlike the 10% media coupon which specifically states videogame hardware and Microsoft Kinect.[/QUOTE]
lucky bastard! congrat buddy! :applause:

[quote name='Justin42']They don't work on any sort of points cards. They used to until sometime last fall... :([/QUOTE]

Will they work on a 12 month xbox live gold card?

Dumb question, but are clearance items excluded? Would love to skip the sales tax on the GT5 CE if I can find one.

Thanks Op!
10% off my fancy call of duty!
Just printed the code (and it helped being silver).
It would not take 10% off some manager over ride clearance games but worked fine and all games not requiring an over ride...
dammit forgot to look for the dj hero case/stand...lol...

[quote name='doubledown']Can you use these coupons if you are NOT a silver RZ member?[/QUOTE]

Yes. The codes work without any sort of member status validation. So as long as you have an item or items that qualify for the discount, it will take off the percentage automatically (or sometimes require a physical override/entry). I used it on Fable 3 LE last night with no problems. 10% discount came off automatically.

I had a humorous exchange while I used my 12% off coupon off of my phone today on a 600W power supply.

I hand the phone to the cashier, and a manager walks over and says... "You have to print these. I'll let you use this just this once... but you need to print it in the future."

I say, "How exactly am I supposed to print a coupon off of my Blackberry? Look at the top of the page, it says... 'Show this code to the cashier to enter on the register.'"

The manager looks at the phone and says... "Ohhhh. I've never seen this before. I guess you can use it."

Ugh.

[quote name='karkyco']Yes. The codes work without any sort of member status validation. So as long as you have an item or items that qualify for the discount, it will take off the percentage automatically (or sometimes require a physical override/entry). I used it on Fable 3 LE last night with no problems. 10% discount came off automatically.[/QUOTE]

What about that 12% one a few posts up?

[quote name='M3wThr33']What about that 12% one a few posts up?[/QUOTE]

The 12% isn't supposed to work on video games, just home theater type stuff and appliances and the like. How that poster got it to work on a Kinect is extreme YMMV and probably a little shady.

[quote name='mrosnwo']The 12% isn't supposed to work on video games, just home theater type stuff and appliances and the like. How that poster got it to work on a Kinect is extreme YMMV and probably a little shady.[/QUOTE]

Hey now, it wasn't shady! I just handed the printed out sheet to the cashier, I even asked as I presented it, "I'm not sure this coupon works on this, but I got if from the Best Buy rewards zone site", and she and another employee did the rest. From the vaguely worded descriptions of items it's supposed to cover, the Kinect could fall into a few of those categories (audio and video accessories, etc.). It certainly wasn't explicitly excluded, as it is on the 10% off video games/media coupon.

If I was going to be denied I would have been fine with it. Shady, LOL.

Grabbed a Call of Duty Black Ops Prestige Edition for $71.99 after the 10% off mobile coupon for Reward Zone Silver Members. I am not silver but I handed the cashier my iPhone and she typed the code with no issue. I did not really think it was going to work since she scrolled and read it.

BTW if you have an iPhone you can pull up the mobile coupon and the page break is just above the part that says you have to be a silver member. Might come in handy if you don't hand your phone to the cashier. Good luck to all non-silver RZ members.

[quote name='karkyco']Hey now, it wasn't shady! I just handed the printed out sheet to the cashier, I even asked as I presented it, "I'm not sure this coupon works on this, but I got if from the Best Buy rewards zone site", and she and another employee did the rest. From the vaguely worded descriptions of items it's supposed to cover, the Kinect could fall into a few of those categories (audio and video accessories, etc.). It certainly wasn't explicitly excluded, as it is on the 10% off video games/media coupon.

If I was going to be denied I would have been fine with it. Shady, LOL.[/QUOTE]

LOL, no disrespect, if you can get away with it I applaud you! That's what this is all about, getting the best deal. Just to clarify a little what I meant about it maybe being a little shady is that it wasn't supposed to work and you probably had to know if wasn't supposed to work, but you tried anyway, which is kinda cheating the store a little, but what the hell, it was only a whopping 2% more than the valid coupon code. Good job anyway! :applause:

I bought EA Sports Active 2 and The Social Network (Blu-Ray) today and used the code. No discount…. sad face.

It is because they are on sale?

[quote name='miriamleo']I bought EA Sports Active 2 and The Social Network (Blu-Ray) today and used the code. No discount…. sad face.

It is because they are on sale?[/QUOTE]

Yup, all BB coupons exclude sale items. Sometime you'll get lucky and the cashier will manually change the price for you but that's rare.

Q: Does this work with pre-order?
A: Yes but you have to pay the difference when you pickup your item.

Pardon me for the dumb question, what do you mean by "pay the difference" when you pickup your item? You mean the discounted difference after the initial pre-order deposit? How does it really work? It's intriguing...

bread's done
Back