Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

DOOM Release Date: 05/13/2016

Overwatch Release Date: 05/24/2016

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens  Release Date: 06/28/2016

Battleborn Release Date: 05/03/2016

Receive 5 Gold Skins with the "Firstborn Pack" when you Pre-order Battleborn now!

Friends and foes alike will know you were one of the first to take up arms with the Battleborn when you show up to the fight in your exclusive gold regalia.

Pre-order your copy of Battleborn and deck your heroes out with an exclusive in-game title and golden character skins for Thorn, Reyna, Montana, Marquis, and Rath.

[customspoiler=Expired]

Madden NFL 16
Release Date: 8/25/2015

Pre-Order Madden NFL 16
Give your Ultimate Team a head start with 10 Pro Packs and the Playmaker Pack.

Disney Infinity: 3.0 Edition Starter Pack

Release Date: 8/30/2015

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Pre-Order Bonus
Receive a free Toy Box Takeover game when you pre-order and purchase a Disney Infinity 3.0 edition starter pack.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Jump into the action with this Day One Edition, which additional game content, such as Adam-ska Special, a silver personal ballistic shield, a Wetland cardboard box, a blue urban fatigues outfit and a Metal Gear Online boost.

Mad Max

Release Date: 9/1/2015

Pre-order Mad Max at Best Buy, and get the in-pack Ripper, an additional fully upgradeable Magnum Opus car body.

Forza Motorsport 6

Release Date: 9/15/2015

Pre-order Forza Motorsport 6 and receive access to an in-game 2014 BMW M4 coupe. The new twin-turbo inline six is a spectacular performer that is grippy and transitions like a trooper. Experience the power of the smaller, lighter motor that offers enhanced handling. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

FIFA 16

Release Date: 9/22/2015

Pre-order FIFA 16 Standard Edition now and get up to $15 worth of FUT Gold Packs over 15 weeks.*
*Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

Pre-order FIFA 16 Deluxe Edition now and get up to $50 worth of FUT Premium Gold Packs over 20 weeks.* Start your Ultimate Team season with Lionel Messi on your squad for 5 games and use the new "KO" and "BAILANDO ROBOT" celebrations when you pre-order today. *Redeem code before October 11, 2015 and login to FUT each week to receive full value. Grants are not retroactive.

NBA 2K16

Release Date: 9/25/2015

NBA 2K16 Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order NBA 2K16 to receive your game Friday, September 25, before the standard Tuesday, September 29 release. Plus, get 10,000 virtual currency (VC), and MyTEAM VIP package. While supplies last.

Guitar Hero Live

Release Date: 10/20/2015

Guitar Hero Live Pre-Order Bonuses
Pre-order and purchase to experience what it's like to play with Avenged Sevenfold on the big stage. Bonus content includes premium shows, custom note highways and more. Only at Best Buy: You'll also receive an additional pre-order bonus of a Guitar Hero Live microphone.

Bonus content available from October 20 to November 2, 2015. Internet connection required. For more information, visit www.guitarhero.com/bonus.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Release Date: 10/23/2015

PRE-ORDER NOW AND GET THE DARWIN & DICKENS CONSPIRACY MISSION
Embark on two pulse-quickening missions that will take you into the inner sanctums of London's most influential men. Defend Charles Darwin's discoveries from those who would kill to silence him. And help a friend of legendary writer Charles Dickens to keep a secret that could get him killed. While supplies last. Online and in-store customers will receive their code packed with the game.

:ps4: PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVE CONTENT  :ps4:
Includes 10 exclusive Dreadful Crimes missions.

10,000 BONUS CREDITS FOR THE JOIN THE FAMILY REWARDS PROGRAM*
Pre-order to receive 10,000 Bonus Credits. Join the Family to earn a wide range of Assassin's Creed rewards. Earn credits for being a fan and cash in your earnings for rewards, prizes, and even bigger giveaways. Sign up anytime at assassinscreed.com/rewards. * Code to redeem your 10,000 bonus credits will be delivered via email within 72 hours.

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date: 10/27/2015

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.

Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians and receive tokens to redeem the in-game multiplayer Longshot Assault Rifle with Recoil Compensator and Athlon Iccus Armor.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Release Date: 11/6/2015

Players who pre-order will receive the NUK3TOWN Bonus Map*, available on PS4, Xbox One and PC via in-box redemption code.

Fallout 4

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Free Fallout 4 Perk Poster
Pre-order Fallout 4 today and get a physical Vault-Tec Perk Poster, fully colorized retro fun for the ultimate Wasteland survivor.

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Release Date: 11/10/2015

Preorder Rise of the Tomb Raider for Xbox One at Best Buy and receive a token to redeem The Sparrowhawk Pack. The Sparrowhawk Pack contains the in-game Sparrowhawk Outfit, White Wood Recurve Bow skin and Master Hunter journal pages. Only at Best Buy. Alone and without precious resources in the Siberian wilderness, Lara crafted an outfit from the furs and hides of animals she has hunted. The outfit will boost Lara's hunting ability, causing animals to scare less easily.

Rise of the Tomb Raider Pop-Up Art Sleeve.
Get a unique and exciting pop-up packaging when you pre-order the game.

Star Wars Battlefront 3

Release Date: 11/17/2015

Star Wars: Battlefront Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order Star Wars: Battlefront and be among the first players to experience the Battle of Jakku, the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronts key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet in the Outer Rim. While supplies last. Download code will arrive via e-mail on or around release date. Valid e-mail address required. If you choose Store Pickup, the code will also be printed on your store receipt when you pick up the game.

Rainbow Six Siege

Release Date: 12/1/2015

Pre-order now and get the gold weapons skin pack.

:xb1: Includes Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for free.  :xb1:

fg_thedivision.jpg
Tom Clancy's The Division
Release Date: 3/8/2016

IzjBSGp.png

Redeem this code, "AGENTORIGINS", to unlock your 4 Free Division Agent Gear Sets inspired by the video series! Each gear set will give your in-game Division Agent a unique look and includes skills that will help you take back New York!

agent-origins-gear_rewards_sets_235317.j
GUARANTEED BETA ACCESS
Pre-Order your copy of Tom Clancy's The Division for guaranteed Beta access. E-mail delivered within 72 hours of pre-order with registration instructions for the Beta.

Hazmat Gear Set with Pre-Order
Your gear includes a hazmat suit, backpack with increased health, and a POF P416 assault rifle.
[:xb1:]  Play it first on Xbox One in December 2015. [:xb1:][/customspoiler]

FAQ
What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U or PC (platform availability varies by title). Not valid with any other offers. No dealers. No rain checks.

• Best Buy Stores: $5 deposit required to pre-order. Pre-order game by 5:00 p.m. CT on day before street date. Present member ID at time of pre-order and pickup. Purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Store: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Pick up game within 7 days of street date.
  • BestBuy.com — Ship to Home: Payment in full required to pre-order. Present member ID at time of pre-order. Purchase is processed and shipped on or about street date.
Please Note: If you are not a My Best Buy member or do not present your member ID at time of pre-order, street date and/or store pickup as described in these FAQs, this offer is void.

When will I receive my $10 reward certificate?
For each qualified purchase, you will receive 500 My Best Buy points (worth $10 in reward certificates) credited to your account approximately 20 days after street date or store pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of a qualifying game and get multiple awards?
There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.
Authorization Process
When you place an order online, Best Buy authorizes your credit card to make sure sufficient credit is available. A hold is placed on funds equal to your order total until the order is fulfilled.

Last edited by a moderator:
what's the standard TIV for games launch week at BBY. I'm tempted to pick up Homefront, play it for like a week and then trade it in until it eventually tanks in price. I think thanks to the $10 gc I could probably break even but I'm not really sure what they give. Also is case/booklet/stuff required when trading in at BB or is disc only okay? I know they used to accept disc only but not sure that's the case anymore. If I could keep the steelbook too that would be doubly nice.

what's the standard TIV for games launch week at BBY. I'm tempted to pick up Homefront, play it for like a week and then trade it in until it eventually tanks in price. I think thanks to the $10 gc I could probably break even but I'm not really sure what they give. Also is case/booklet/stuff required when trading in at BB or is disc only okay? I know they used to accept disc only but not sure that's the case anymore. If I could keep the steelbook too that would be doubly nice.
$35 is the standard now, it used to be $40. Tho Homefront could be lower because it there isn't much hype behind it. You can still do disc only, I just throw mine in a dvd case when I do that. Keep that steelbook, you don't have to trade it in.

I'd say get a Gamefly account and rent it. Personally, that's what I do with games I'm interested in but unsure about.

Or hell, there are YouTube videos out right now that people can see and get a feel for it.

$35 is the standard now, it used to be $40. Tho Homefront could be lower because it there isn't much hype behind it. You can still do disc only, I just throw mine in a dvd case when I do that. Keep that steelbook, you don't have to trade it in.
hmm. Is that $35 before or after the GCU boost? If it's before then I can get $38.50 back from trading it in, plus the extra $10 gc. If I play and trade after a week or whatever I'll theoretically get $48.50 back. Plus I can keep the steelbook. That's not a bad deal for shelling out like $50.... hmmm

hmm. Is that $35 before or after the GCU boost? If it's before then I can get $38.50 back from trading it in, plus the extra $10 gc. If I play and trade after a week or whatever I'll theoretically get $48.50 back. Plus I can keep the steelbook. That's not a bad deal for shelling out like $50.... hmmm
$35 is before 10% boost.

It's almost E3 time, so no surprise so many new games being added to the promotion.

BTW anyone's Doom preorder ship? Mine has been in "preparing" status for a couple days.

It's almost E3 time, so no surprise so many new games being added to the promotion.

BTW anyone's Doom preorder ship? Mine has been in "preparing" status for a couple days.
Yeah, it shipped a few hours after I ordered yesterday. Depending on how close you are to a DC, they might wait until the night before to make sure you don't get an early copy.

Just got an email telling me the OverWatch Release date was changed to the 23rd instead of the 24th

"We were just informed that the release date for the item listed below has been updated to Monday, May 23, 2016. 

You don't need to take any action at this time. We'll keep you posted if anything else changes, and we'll let you know as soon as it's ready. "

Just got an email telling me the OverWatch Release date was changed to the 23rd instead of the 24th

"We were just informed that the release date for the item listed below has been updated to Monday, May 23, 2016.

You don't need to take any action at this time. We'll keep you posted if anything else changes, and we'll let you know as soon as it's ready. "
I think someone goofed at Bestbuy as PR just came out about over 9 million people played beta today and it says coming out Tuesday, 24th. This was just a few minutes ago. Plus even the commercials say that.

Bestbuy website does show 23rd though but sure it be fixed as its obviously a mistake.

I think someone goofed at Bestbuy as PR just came out about over 9 million people played beta today and it says coming out Tuesday, 24th. This was just a few minutes ago. Plus even the commercials say that.

Bestbuy website does show 23rd though but sure it be fixed as its obviously a mistake.
It's not a mistake. The game is coming out on Monday (at Best Buy at least) and the servers will be up Tuesday.

It's not a mistake. The game is coming out on Monday (at Best Buy at least) and the servers will be up Tuesday.
Hope that's true. It's an online only game, so it would make sense to let people get it the day before to play when the servers go up at midnight.

Wonder if they will also do a coupon for trading in the previous years madden like they did before. Guess I'll wait and see.
I hope so. One of the best deals of the year. $20 for a trade in plus a $10 coupon towards purchase plus $10 in rewards certificate plus GCU? Amazing.

Best Buy really sucks the big one. The way they handle charging on pre-orders is atrocious. I did my order on 4/30 with gift cards. It still hadn't shipped as of this morning. Granted, my dad did his on 4/24, and it shipped on Monday (but still isn't arriving until Friday). The real stupidity is in how they do that authorization charge crap.

At first, I thought that was only if you paid with a credit/debit card. I found out Thursday that's not true. My friend decided last-minute he wanted the game, and I offered to have it ordered on the same account so he got the GCU benefit. So, set up the order with more GCs (because I've got, like, 5 with BB from multiple trades, and I'm too lazy to have them combined). This morning, my dad texts me that he got an e-mail saying my order had an issue. After 2 Best Buy calls (the first which incorrectly told me the order was fine) and 2 e-mails (that were fundamentally useless), I found out that they do the pre-auth garbage on GC pre-orders as well. That seems like an intentional move to confuse and screw customers, seriously. So, I had my order fail to go through because I ordered my friend's game, in part, with the same GC I ordered mine through. Naturally, since my order was first, they rejected THAT one. No warning until this morning, because they hate simple purchases.

Second call, I got it resolved. What's nice is that I just had to go online and update the payment info. What's the exact opposite of nice is that when you do this, you can't put in a different GC. Nope, I have to pay the $5 and change it's missing with my debit card, despite having about $150 in GCs in-hand. Oh, and even better, it's some garbage where they're doing an authorization charge of $34 for the $5, then having a second transaction refund the extra amount. Why? Because Best Buy's doing hardcore drugs with its billing, I guess. I'll be keeping an eye on the bank account to make sure that stuff goes through correctly, that's for damned sure.

I'm confused, did you order online or in-store?

If you ordered online and used a GC Card then the WHOLE amount is charged right off the bat (it's so you don't "accidentally" use it for another purchase and not have the funds available when readily shipped) 

If it's a pre-order in-store then I understand your frustration cause their system is stupid....and also high illegal to do an unauthorized pre-charge on a GC...plus more work on refunding it to apply on the eventual purchase.

But you mentioned shipping and also updating your payment online. So either way something went wrong. If you didn't have enough funds on the gift card you used on both orders then yeah your order (the 2nd one for your friend) shouldn't have gone through in the first place. The ability to only put down a $5 for a pre-order is an in-store only option. 

If you aren't renewing your GCU asap then you're doing it wrong
Of course Im looking to renew it but Im not that desperate, so far Im only buying Battlefield after mine expires and wanted to know if I could preorder it fully now and still get the 20% off even tho my sub will be expired then.

Of course Im looking to renew it but Im not that desperate, so far Im only buying Battlefield after mine expires and wanted to know if I could preorder it fully now and still get the 20% off even tho my sub will be expired then.
I'm not sure about in-store but if you do it online, i assume the GCU price will be there.

Best Buy really sucks the big one. The way they handle charging on pre-orders is atrocious. I did my order on 4/30 with gift cards. It still hadn't shipped as of this morning. Granted, my dad did his on 4/24, and it shipped on Monday (but still isn't arriving until Friday). The real stupidity is in how they do that authorization charge crap.

At first, I thought that was only if you paid with a credit/debit card. I found out Thursday that's not true. My friend decided last-minute he wanted the game, and I offered to have it ordered on the same account so he got the GCU benefit. So, set up the order with more GCs (because I've got, like, 5 with BB from multiple trades, and I'm too lazy to have them combined). This morning, my dad texts me that he got an e-mail saying my order had an issue. After 2 Best Buy calls (the first which incorrectly told me the order was fine) and 2 e-mails (that were fundamentally useless), I found out that they do the pre-auth garbage on GC pre-orders as well. That seems like an intentional move to confuse and screw customers, seriously. So, I had my order fail to go through because I ordered my friend's game, in part, with the same GC I ordered mine through. Naturally, since my order was first, they rejected THAT one. No warning until this morning, because they hate simple purchases.

Second call, I got it resolved. What's nice is that I just had to go online and update the payment info. What's the exact opposite of nice is that when you do this, you can't put in a different GC. Nope, I have to pay the $5 and change it's missing with my debit card, despite having about $150 in GCs in-hand. Oh, and even better, it's some garbage where they're doing an authorization charge of $34 for the $5, then having a second transaction refund the extra amount. Why? Because Best Buy's doing hardcore drugs with its billing, I guess. I'll be keeping an eye on the bank account to make sure that stuff goes through correctly, that's for damned sure.
Why order your friend's game with the same gift card that you placed your order? Did it have enough funds for both games or were you just surprised it worked and thought you'll come up with a free game?

I wanted to know this as well and I called Best Buy customer service. They told me you'd still get the GCU discount after your membership expires on pre-orders that were made when your membership was active. So, make all your pre-orders for the next year before it expires. :)

I wanted to know this as well and I called Best Buy customer service. They told me you'd still get the GCU discount after your membership expires on pre-orders that were made when your membership was active. So, make all your pre-orders for the next year before it expires. :)
Thanks fot the answer :)

Why order your friend's game with the same gift card that you placed your order? Did it have enough funds for both games or were you just surprised it worked and thought you'll come up with a free game?
I didn't know that they would charge, then refund the gift card amount. I kept the GC because I still had credit on it, and I used it on the second order without knowing they put the original charge back on. I just thought that it charged the amount, then what was on the GC was what was left after the first order. It didn't say anything to me at the time of the order, and it was more than 12 hours later before my dad said he got the e-mail about it. Even if I had known it, I wanted to use the rest of that GC, because it should have had, like, $15 left, if it had processed correctly. I didn't want to use a GC with more than the game amount, then end up with 2 GCs sitting around $10-15 when I could use the smaller amount, then the larger, and just have 1 GC left over.

Of course, this crap never ends with them. I'll have to call them again after work because I went to check the order, and it says the taxes have been updated. The taxes are now almost 10.3% when our tax rate is 8.5%. Nice that they do this dumb pre-authorization junk on a GC, then hold the order, then refuse to let you pay the difference with a GC, then make up random taxes and charges without telling you. I haven't had this much trouble since I tried to buy Smash on the Wii U and it took 3 employees to get my GCU working at the register.

Sorry you have to go through all this trouble, but your situation seems like a one-off complicated transaction.  You have GC issues, taxes, etc.

There's no reason they will keep "re-authorizing" your gift card (unless it's a BB credit card that looks like a GC).  As soon as you spend the GC funds, they are gone.  Even if you use the card for another transaction, only the remaining balance can be used.  It shouldn't affect your other orders.  (Unless it's something new they just started doing...)

There's probably something else going on that you/we are not aware of.

I didn't know that they would charge, then refund the gift card amount. I kept the GC because I still had credit on it, and I used it on the second order without knowing they put the original charge back on. I just thought that it charged the amount, then what was on the GC was what was left after the first order. It didn't say anything to me at the time of the order, and it was more than 12 hours later before my dad said he got the e-mail about it. Even if I had known it, I wanted to use the rest of that GC, because it should have had, like, $15 left, if it had processed correctly. I didn't want to use a GC with more than the game amount, then end up with 2 GCs sitting around $10-15 when I could use the smaller amount, then the larger, and just have 1 GC left over.

Of course, this crap never ends with them. I'll have to call them again after work because I went to check the order, and it says the taxes have been updated. The taxes are now almost 10.3% when our tax rate is 8.5%. Nice that they do this dumb pre-authorization junk on a GC, then hold the order, then refuse to let you pay the difference with a GC, then make up random taxes and charges without telling you. I haven't had this much trouble since I tried to buy Smash on the Wii U and it took 3 employees to get my GCU working at the register.
Call 612-291-1000, which is BB's corporate office. Ask to speak with Executive Customer Relations, which should get you in to speak with the people that can best assist with the dumbassery you're dealing with and need to tell someone about.

Damn I can't decide on Overwatch, Madden and COD Legacy. But I'm all in on Battlefield 1 on day 1 despite the stupid name.

GCU for online preorders: you need active GCU membership when you place the preorder -- the price shown when preordering is the price you pay (they cant charge you more later on)

GCU for in-store preorders: GCU status doesn't matter since you just put the min $5 deposit down -- you'll need active GCU membership when you pickup the game for the discount to apply (GCU price is calculated during pickup)

Be careful with this. Any adjustments you make to that order (like if you need to update your payment info) will recalculate the order and charge you full price for anything that will be shipped and anything that has been shipped. This happened to people that got in on the 50% glitch. It's best buy's shitty software and they are not trying to screw you, but it will happen. Live by the glitch, die by the glitch.

It looks like Doom's "pre-order exclusive" Demon Pack is included in pack so seemingly no much of a pre-order exclusive (time limited exclusives suck anyway). 

Hey guys can we check how much time left we have on our GCU? I think mine should be expiring soon but dont know when.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back