Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I will be cancelling my pre-order at GS and get it at BB. Was wondering why it wasn't on the list to begin with.

The only console exclusive on the list is a 'bone game? Bad form, BB. Where's inFamous: Second Son to balance things out?
Put in for my order of Titanfall now. :) I hope they add infamous to there also. Also I noticed they put metal gear solid 5: ground zero up for $39.99 pre order. I may get those but with no pre order bonus I'm going to wait.
Edit: these are most the games I wanted this year. I hope this promo is still up a little closer to the release date of the others until I can decide for sure.

Put in for my order of Titanfall now. :) I hope they add infamous to there also. Also I noticed they put metal gear solid 5: ground zero up for $39.99 pre order. I may get those but with no pre order bonus I'm going to wait.
It's a $40 title, no way would they offer a $10 cert on that...

I knew that but if they had some DLC character or custom skin I'd pre order. Without that I'll get it when I feel like it. Lol

Looks like Best Buy is the place to get Titanfall! Of course if you are GCU, you'd probably get most of your games there.

Is Watch_Dogs $10 or $20? I cant recall if it was on the original list before they changed games to $10. And of course there was the delay

Splinter Cell is still full price used (40$), so no transfer there. New looses money, or with the WiiU barely breaks even, but they are hard to find. Plus Wherehouse.com is giving 25$ for all 3 versions :)

Doesn't say anything about the $10 certificate on Titanfall's product page, but does on Watch Dogs...am I missing something? Looking to get both for XB1.

:cry: come on Witcher 3, where you at.  but then again, i guess if you're a lock for game of the year, no need to give incentives to persuade purchases. :lol:  

BAM.  Titanfall pre-ordered.  I even let them ship it Expedited for free for me :)

My Elite Status ends in Feb. 2014, so I should pre-order a few more so I can get the FREE expedited shipping

BAM. Titanfall pre-ordered. I even let them ship it Expedited for free for me :)

My Elite Status ends in Feb. 2014, so I should pre-order a few more so I can get the FREE expedited shipping
Did you happen to see if they had the $10 RC offer on the product page yet? I imagine they'll retroactively add it to existing pre-orders, just wondering though...

I seen the games listed in the $10 rewards points my best buy page and that was good enough for me so I preordered.

Almost preordered Titanfall at gamestop because of that giant poster, glad I saw this post. $38 for a new game. Hells yeah.

I was getting Titanfall from Best Buy anyway due to GCU but this is a nice bonus. Would love for them to add Dark Souls 2 to the $10 reward cert list as well.  That'll be a good week of gaming...already have a vacation scheduled for it. :D

I assume when other games (WItcher 3, Halo 5, Uncharted etc) get solid release dates then they will be added to this.  Thoughts?

Going to use mine as an everlasting credit for 2014.

Preordered

Dying Light (3/31/2014)

Using the $10 to preorder
Watch Dogs (6/30/2014)

Then using the $10 for

Destiny (9/9/2014)

Then using the last $10 for any Holiday releases that prob got announce during e3.

I think this plan gives me time to play the games I buy and also save money. This way I dont have a huge backlog this gen.

I understand the backlash with this but seriously.. people with GCU's 20% off plus this is still the best deal you are ever going to really get on new releases.

Only $48 after the 20% and then a $10 cert? Sounds still pretty good to me, so much so that I do not see why I would preorder anywhere else at this point. At least until this cheap GCU account runs out down the road.

I dont understand this. can someone explain it to me please?
Really? You get a $10 Best Buy certificate for preordering Titanfall there.

I didn't realize TitanFall, and Dying Light came out in the same month.
I am fairly certain the official Dying Light release date has not been announced. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but March 31 is just a placeholder date.

[quote name="BrolyB593" post="11464340" timestamp="1390402910"]I understand the backlash with this but seriously.. people with GCU's 20% off plus this is still the best deal you are ever going to really get on new releases.

Only $48 after the 20% and then a $10 cert? Sounds still pretty good to me, so much so that I do not see why I would preorder anywhere else at this point. At least until this cheap GCU account runs out down the road.[/quote]

This is the only place I'll be pre ordering from. $40 for a new release. Makes complete sense. The only thing that bums me out is the trading rules changes. I was getting games for free, but o well changes happen.

With the limit being set to 3 I can help my brothers out as well.

This is the only place I'll be pre ordering from. $40 for a new release. Makes complete sense. The only thing that bums me out is the trading rules changes. I was getting games for free, but o well changes happen. With the limit being set to 3 I can help my brothers out as well.
Which trading rule changes are you referring to?

I get the whole allure of getting a new game for $40 (well, kinda...technically you get the game for $48 and then a $10 certificate to spend in-store), but why not wait until reviews come out in case it's a flop? You can almost always find a used copy of any game within a week after release for around that price somewhere online. Plus you pay $120 on the front end, so I wonder how much someone really saves over the course of the membership.

Like I said, I kinda get it...but I can wait on new releases typically. One instance I could see it being worth it is for limited or collector's editions.

...Plus you pay $120 on the front end, so I wonder how much someone really saves over the course of the membership.

I think most people here are "grandfathered" and are not paying the $120 up front. They were given the option to renew for 2 years for only $30. At $30, that's a good deal. For $120, no way.

I get the whole allure of getting a new game for $40 (well, kinda...technically you get the game for $48 and then a $10 certificate to spend in-store), but why not wait until reviews come out in case it's a flop? You can almost always find a used copy of any game within a week after release for around that price somewhere online. Plus you pay $120 on the front end, so I wonder how much someone really saves over the course of the membership.

Like I said, I kinda get it...but I can wait on new releases typically. One instance I could see it being worth it is for limited or collector's editions.
It's worth it because I can usually resell it for the same price I paid or a few bucks less so there's little risk.

As for reviews, most reputable sites have there's up ASAP when the embargo lifts, which is usually pre-release. You're not locked into a purchase until you actually pick up the game and open it. If you're wary of how it'll review you have a week to pick up.

Throw in some sellable (or cool) pre-order bonuses and a lot of the times new releases make sense.

Oh ok I

Really? You get a $10 Best Buy certificate for preordering Titanfall there.

I am fairly certain the official Dying Light release date has not been announced. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but March 31 is just a placeholder date.
Thanks. I didnt understand on how it worked because I just found out about how you get redeem codes from cash receipts, i always thought it had to be credit. like i said in the other thread, i wasnt sure how BB worked with all their promotison

thank you

Gamestop has Dying Light listed for 8/26. I don't know how accurate that is either, but I'd be more inclined to believe that date.

Gamestop has Dying Light listed for 8/26. I don't know how accurate that is either, but I'd be more inclined to believe that date.
I hope so. With Titanfall and infamous coming out right then I'd need a few weeks to play those before I can get another one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back