Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Equip all your best weapons with gross-out and bleeding effects. Keep your PP meter filled throughout the fight and use Jimmy or Butters. Jimmy is great for defensive purposes, take advantage of his sleeping spells. then once you've knocked out a couple of agents switch him out for Butters and spam Captain Chaos til victory. Don't fightvhim until you're near level 15 or you'll probably get rocked every time.

South park went through fine under the Gamers Club Unlocked Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus
1000 points.

People this isn't a Southpark gameplay thread. Some people (like me) do not want any type of spoilers of enemies in the game. Please take that talk to the Southpark threads under the corresponding console.

My 1000 points were posted (and pending) today for :ps3:South Park. I've been a member for a while now. Getting the game for $48 with $20 back plus the preorder DLC isn't bad at all.

My 1000 points were posted (and pending) today for :ps3:South Park. I've been a member for a while now. Getting the game for $48 with $20 back plus the preorder DLC isn't bad at all.
Nice. Mine just showed up today as well. To be honest, I wasn't sure I have been a GCU long enough to get the $20. Works for me though!

Ugh, if people are really getting $20, I would've jumped on this had I known. I joined GCU in September. Would've def. done ~$50 for the game with a $20 certificate. Oh well. 

Ugh, if people are really getting $20, I would've jumped on this had I known. I joined GCU in September. Would've def. done ~$50 for the game with a $20 certificate. Oh well.
Same here. And I was so close to pre-ordering it when I was at the store Sunday. All the great reviews have me really wanting to play this right now.

Yeah despite just preordering SP last week and not being a continuos GCU member in any way I now have $20 pending. I was a member when this preorder was first available, so I guess that's the only criteria along with being a member when you actually preordered it. Sweet!

Same here. And I was so close to pre-ordering it when I was at the store Sunday. All the great reviews have me really wanting to play this right now.
Same here : /

Oh well now I will just wait for a <$10 Steam copy haha

Yeah despite just preordering SP last week and not being a continuos GCU member in any way I now have $20 pending. I was a member when this preorder was first available, so I guess that's the only criteria along with being a member when you actually preordered it. Sweet!
Same here. I preordered maybe a couple weeks back, and my membership dropped last year around Oct. until they auto-extended everyone. Wasn't expecting the $20, but very happy to be getting it. Now to beat the game so I can trade it in this weekend & get that $44 credit. :D

AWWW YEAH!!!! My $20 cert is pending. Glad I pre-ordered it last minute. I might pre-order Watch Dogs, but it looks like a major downgrade took place. Might just wait for $20 on that one, and guys chill with the fucking spoilers.

My points finally showed up as pending today ("Gamers Club Unlocked Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus"). Of course, it's a day after I emailed them to find out where they were (but haven't gotten a response yet). Also a day after I posted here about not getting them...coincidence?

When did you preorder? I did mine in December, and while the purchase points showed up, the preorder bonus ($20/GCU) hasn't yet.

I remember with one of the games in the "Gamers Club Unlocked Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus", I did not pre order and purchased the game after it released and still received the $20 rewards bonus. I wonder if this will be the case with this game. Did anyone purchase after release and see additional points pending?

I remember with one of the games in the "Gamers Club Unlocked Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus", I did not pre order and purchased the game after it released and still received the $20 rewards bonus. I wonder if this will be the case with this game. Did anyone purchase after release and see additional points pending?
If that's the case I might buy it just to get the $20 then trade in and make a profit.

I know it doesn't list PC but has anyone ever pre-ordered on PC and gotten the credit?  The in-store flyer at Best Buy even has a pre-order UPC for the PC Version of Titanfall.

Ok after seeing people here confirm... I went to check to see if my thousand points were pending as well, they are technically... as I have THREE thousand points pending... 3,347 to be exact...  o.0 WHAT? That... isn't right but I will take it?

There is just like 2000 points pending that I can't account for. The $20 cert for pre-ordering, yes, about 300 for recent trades and some purchases I made.

I am wondering if, in the past when the system didn't bother to give me the $20 cert for a game or two, it somehow finally located them? Or various other promos. Honestly, there is no reason I can see for the extra 2000, I hope it isn't a glitch as a free $40 would be awesome XD.

I was a member when this preorder was first available, so I guess that's the only criteria along with being a member when you actually preordered it. Sweet!
Nope, I told a number of people on a few threads, only two things, be a GCU member, and have had it pre-ordered. They have trouble with the most basic promos, the system is not as advanced to be able to check all the criteria, there was no "locking in" to the old $20 promo, it was always there, they just stopped talking about it, and didn't advertise it.

Does no good now but, you could have signed up for GCU two weeks ago for the first time EVER, and you would have gotten the $20.

All those weird "criteria" were reps who are new and had no knowledge of the promo, so they guessed, nobody was going to instruct them on the criteria for an old promotion. They couldn't find anything about it so they would claim "It was only for a short time" or "It is no longer offered" or any of the other things I had heard the past few weeks.

One thing to remember with best buy, things are pretty darned simple.

1000 points pending today without having to contact Best Buy. Which would of happened anyways, because I'm not impatient.

My 1000 showed up currently pending as well.  Whats funny is it's listed with the South Park transaction but the purchase points for that already posted to my account on Monday.

I can't help but feel a little guilty right now, I had e-mailed Best Buy before my points were pending asking when I would be able to expect them to post. The next day 1,000 Points posted then today they e-mailed me another $20 code. $40 bonus for preordering plus $12 of the price at purchase? Can't beat that.

Heading to Best Buy now to pick up a chat adaptor and a PSN code with my certs!

Cool I already for my points for South Park today. Preordered in Jeniary of this year during B2G1. Got 1000 points. It's good to use ! Good luck everyone haha

I can't help but feel a little guilty right now, I had e-mailed Best Buy before my points were pending asking when I would be able to expect them to post. The next day 1,000 Points posted then today they e-mailed me another $20 code. $40 bonus for preordering plus $12 of the price at purchase? Can't beat that.

Heading to Best Buy now to pick up a chat adaptor and a PSN code with my certs!
I really like Best Buy, but they really do deserve to go out of business for how poorly they manage things.

Got my $20 cert today for south park. Are "we" thinking this will happen to the other preorder games with the advertised $10 promo?
I certainly don't. This was the last remaining game (due to all the delays) from when they originally offered $20 for preordering it, so it kinda makes sense this happened.

alrighty.....that makes sense.

No, because Sourh Park used to be under the $20 promo whereas all new games in the promo are for $10 only.

Also, for anyone curious as to why Watch Dogs was delayed and what was updated, check out this article.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/6/5477236/watch-dogs-hands-on-video-interview-release-date
makes sense.......also I watched that recent watch dogs trailer and thought it looked good. Apparently some people are concerned with the game after watching. I guess I need to be more critical:)

Really glad I ended up pre-ordering this one. $48 paid up front thanks to GCU (paid in gift cards), $20 back in certificates, played it and it was a lot of fun, and now to trade it back in for $44 this weekend (which will also net another 88 My Best Buy points). Made $16 in credit to play a game on release.

Reminds me of the good old days at Best Buy.

And guys, I apologize for the "spoilers" but I promise, the talk was of a minor side quest that I got around to probably an hour or so into the game. There's plenty you're still going to be surprised about. 

Had to call to get my $10 RZ for Thief PS4 but used it on this deal..............

If anyone needs a XBOX ONE or PS4 controller here is a good deal that I did today.  Best buy has 15% off accessories if you buy a new game, so I bought.......after using my $10 RZ pts from Thief preorder

The GIG (360)- 2.10

Xbox One controller-41.28

total was 43.38 before tax

My South Park points have already cleared. Nice! It still says I have over 1000 points pending, but I expect that will go away (but maybe it won't and I'll end up with $40 in certs like Bioshock Infinite!).

I don't know why, but I have 0 points pending for South park. I pre-ordered it with store pick up and got it yesterday; would that effect anything? I also paid for it with a gift card.

I don't know why, but I have 0 points pending for South park. I pre-ordered it with store pick up and got it yesterday; would that effect anything? I also paid for it with a gift card.
If you picked it up barely yesterday then that why give it a couple days mine took about 4 days to post after shipping notification it doesn't post immediately

Slightly off topic but can I use a RZ certificate from my old account on my new account that has GCU?
I believe no, unfortunately the certificates are tied to the account. If you haven't redeemed the certificate yet and just have points in one account you can always ask a mod on Best Buy's forums to merge your accounts. Just be warned, if they do this it will automatically reset your preferences on when to redeem certificates. I have mine set to bank and when I had an account merge a while back it set them to automatically release certificates so I had to call and get those voided and then wait two weeks for the points to come back (after a very helpful rep pushed them through when they didn't get applied the first time).

So I have 1000 points pending for South Park. I also got a $45 certificate this morning. I've only spent $320 at Best Buy in this calendar year. I have no idea why I have this certificate.

asked this in the pre order bonus thread got no answer, so im asking here:

what did the BBY south park pre order come with? I thought both the Gamestop and BBY gave the ultimate fellowhip pack as someone quoted further up on this page. I got my ps3 version from gamestop and the receipt says Super Samurai pack or something. I got nothing from BBY. Aren't they supposed to email you a code or something? They did offer a pre order bonus didn't they?

Im also a bit confused if im supposed to get a  $20 or $10 certificate for it

I got a $25 certificate as well, but to my logic that's because I had my goal set to $20 when I already had $5 worth of points, so my preorder credit kicked in from South Park and issued me $25 instead of $20.

asked this in the pre order bonus thread got no answer, so im asking here:

what did the BBY south park pre order come with? I thought both the Gamestop and BBY gave the ultimate fellowhip pack as someone quoted further up on this page. I got my ps3 version from gamestop and the receipt says Super Samurai pack or something. I got nothing from BBY. Aren't they supposed to email you a code or something? They did offer a pre order bonus didn't they?

Im also a bit confused if im supposed to get a $20 or $10 certificate for it
the ultimate fellowship pack is the bonus from best buy and it will be a download voucher with a code inside of the game case with the game. also on the $20 or $10 issue it depends how long have you been a gamers club unlocked member for? the paid membership not the free one is what im referring to

And people will still hate on BB/GCU lol

I can't help but feel a little guilty right now, I had e-mailed Best Buy before my points were pending asking when I would be able to expect them to post. The next day 1,000 Points posted then today they e-mailed me another $20 code. $40 bonus for preordering plus $12 of the price at purchase? Can't beat that.!
Really glad I ended up pre-ordering this one. $48 paid up front thanks to GCU (paid in gift cards), $20 back in certificates, played it and it was a lot of fun, and now to trade it back in for $44 this weekend (which will also net another 88 My Best Buy points). Made $16 in credit to play a game on release.

Reminds me of the good old days at Best Buy.

And guys, I apologize for the "spoilers" but I promise, the talk was of a minor side quest that I got around to probably an hour or so into the game. There's plenty you're still going to be surprised about.

I didn't preorder South Park until late February after signing up for GCU the last week of January. I got the 1,000 pts ($20) for some reason. No complaints, but didn't expect that.

Do you think I will be safe for the $10 reward certificate if I renew my GCU on Monday with the $30 coupon and also pre-order Titanfall?

I got another $10 posted to my account that I don't understand where it came from. I already got the $20 from south park so not sure whats going on. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back