Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Found the GCU cards in my Cali store. They were in the xbox one aisle next to a bunch of xbox live cards. Just in case anyone else had problems finding the cards in store like myself. They were listed at 120 but I hope they ring up for 60 Sunday.

For those who`ve been buying games from BB for a while you probably remember we used to get $10 credit for every $150 spent on gaming & this was in place well before BB charged for GCU. Since they`re struggling to sell subs at $120 & removing/downgrading existing perks/benefits there`s a good chance they`ll really consider adding some newer benefits to GCU.

This is also a way to basically score another $5 credit per $48 title even ones that come with $10 pre-order credits which keeps moving the gauge closer to $20 per title which is what everyone wants.

$15 credit per every $150 spent on all gaming products & possibly a way to get the $15 in an instant giftcard vs waiting 15 days for points to post.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/15-credit-for-spending-150-on-gaming-an-added-Gamer-s-Club/idi-p/811658#M4968

Man....everythings coming out in October this year....gonna be a busy gaming time for sure.
There's not enough time to play all the classic shit coming out that month.

Alien: Isolation
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Arkham Knight
Evolve
Shadow Of Mordor
NBA 2K15

And then I wouldn't be shocked if Sunset Overdrive comes out that month too. Arrrrgghh

Conan's reviews are always hilarious to watch even if the only reason he does them is for the paycheck.

Game looks pretty good on the PS4, hopefully the Xbox One version isn't much different. 

Can someone explain to me how GCU 20% off works when pre-ordering? I put the $5 down and it came to 54.99 and they employee told me my GCU will apply when I pick it, but it took her 15+mins to get my preorder and she seemed confused, basically I want too know how much I should be paying after GCU and $5 down. This is my first time preordering with GCU.

Can someone explain to me how GCU 20% off works when pre-ordering? I put the $5 down and it came to 54.99 and they employee told me my GCU will apply when I pick it, but it took her 15+mins to get my preorder and she seemed confused, basically I want too know how much I should be paying after GCU and $5 down. This is my first time preordering with GCU.
with placing the pre order in store she correct. The price will adjust it self once you pick the item up and pay the rest.
And if you ever pre order for shipping or even in store pick up through the website it will show the gcu discount right away but placing the pre order in store a different process for some reason.

I love that they added a lot more games to the list, but they need to get dragon age inquisition on that list pronto so I can get that deluxe edition ordered.

Looks to me like half of my Wolfenstein points cleared plus another 500 pending.    Had 612 + 500 (wolfy) = $20 issued.  112 leftover with 500 pending.  Kind of weird seeing the 1000 point split into two 500's and them processing at different times.  No sign of my $5.00 eGift card yet....

Yeah it comes off at pick up time.  As long as your Rewards card is on the pre order receipt (and even if isn't it probably won't be an issue at time of pick up).

I had the same question the first time I put $5 down on a game.  

$47.99 minus the $5 is $42.99 plus tax.  

Wow.  I'm surprised.  My 1000 pts posted already.  That was fast.  Usually I do wait the 15 days and then I have to ask them to give me the points because they never show up.  This is the first time they showed up early.

Haven't seen the $5 though.  Should be 250 points...

Wow. I'm surprised. My 1000 pts posted already. That was fast. Usually I do wait the 15 days and then I have to ask them to give me the points because they never show up. This is the first time they showed up early.

Haven't seen the $5 though. Should be 250 points...
I think the $5 will be in the form of an e-Gift Card that'll be emailed to us.

Wow. I'm surprised. My 1000 pts posted already. That was fast. Usually I do wait the 15 days and then I have to ask them to give me the points because they never show up. This is the first time they showed up early.

Haven't seen the $5 though. Should be 250 points...
I think the $5 will be in the form of an e-Gift Card that'll be emailed to us.
Yea I just recieved my $5 code about 10 minutes ago

Lucky you. My BBY sucks big ones. I'm in SC and people really don't give a shit about gaming.
Really well that suxs but yeah my BestBuy wasn't gonna have a midnight release either but am guessing the manager saw lots of preorders and decided to do one. Might also be that there is a GameStop super close by it and didn't want to lose competition lol

Really well that suxs but yeah my BestBuy wasn't gonna have a midnight release either but am guessing the manager saw lots of preorders and decided to do one. Might also be that there is a GameStop super close by it and didn't want to lose competition lol
There's that too. I'm super lucky that my bestbuy is a 10 minute walk, or 2 minute drive, but the nearest gamestop is 60 miles away -_-

holy shit, you weren't kidding. i decided to look it up on gamestop for the nearest location near you. it is like the middle of no where
Yup. Had to drive a half hour today to go to the nearest mall JUST to get work pants.

If I do a pick-up in store (pre-order) for Watch_Dogs today, will I still get the $10 certificate?

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that it works but a best buy rep told me Sat was the last day.

best Buy Updated a Pre-Order Bonus:

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor Pre-Order Bonuses
Receive access to the in-game Flame of Arnor Rune with a high combo count, available only at Best Buy when you pre-order for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, or PC. You'll also receive The Dark Ranger in-game skin and Test of Power challenge mode.

Wish Best Buy's support would contact me I've tried Twitter and the regular reward zone website. Made a $55 certificate and quickly realized they won't let you redeem them on purchases under that amount which makes it useless towards any game buying. Been trying to get them to help and refund points with no luck.

Wish Best Buy's support would contact me I've tried Twitter and the regular reward zone website. Made a $55 certificate and quickly realized they won't let you redeem them on purchases under that amount which makes it useless towards any game buying. Been trying to get them to help and refund points with no luck.
Buy something else with the game and return the other unwanted product.

So the next game with a $10 reward certificate is going to be Madden, which comes out 3 months from now?
****(Pure Speculation)*****

But I have a gut feeling BB is up to something with GCU. I don't if it's the backlash from @Gamer or the massive BB forums presence regarding GCU as a whole but they just are "acting" different than normal. Phase 2 of GCU I don't know what it is but with the $60 sales they're just not going to be as idle like they used to be.

most of the battlefield games been part of the promo haven't they? if so I wonder if the New Battlefield Hardline Game will be added after E3 when it will probably be officially confirmed since the game hasn't been officially confirmed yet. Hopefully it is good since instead of being a military game it going to be a police Swat game and instead of being developed by DICE Studios it will be developed by Visceral Games instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back