Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy closed off the Ghost preorders in-store. When trying to enter the SKU's in, the system brings up a message window stating "DO NOT SELL." I thought the in-store registers would be good through the end of today at least but I guess not. Tried it for the PS4 and Xbone and neither were successful.
unless you had preordered in store during the period, before it sold out on bestbuy.com. that was what was reported.

Can u put more money towards your games after u put the $5 before the game comes out or do I got to wait for the game to come out now? I pre ordered Destiny Limited Edition and Nhl 15 ultimate team edition and they both come out the same day. Going to be expensive...

Can u put more money towards your games after u put the $5 before the game comes out or do I got to wait for the game to come out now? I pre ordered Destiny Limited Edition and Nhl 15 ultimate team edition and they both come out the same day. Going to be expensive...
I've never had a problem putting more money down.

When you pre order with bestbuy do they do that pre approval charge to your credit card? If so how long does it generally stay on your card?

Question: If i preorder online or instore would I still be able to get them at the GCU unlocked price if it expires before release?

EXP: expires 9/4, if I did NBA online would I get it at the 47.99 price or would it bump up?

Question: If i preorder online or instore would I still be able to get them at the GCU unlocked price if it expires before release?

EXP: expires 9/4, if I did NBA online would I get it at the 47.99 price or would it bump up?
I'm pretty sure it would work online since their system doesn't seem to re-run pricing after the order is placed. I'm not sure about the in-store pre-order since you aren't paying for it (most of it) until pickup.

Battlefield hardline got delayed until 2015 , no set date yet. Good news as far as I'm concerned , it will give them time to make improvements on the game and add features from feedback during the beta. More importantly it's one less game I'll be picking up in October.

Battlefield hardline got delayed until 2015 , no set date yet. Good news as far as I'm concerned , it will give them time to make improvements on the game and add features from feedback during the beta. More importantly it's one less game I'll be picking up in October.
I think that game was destined to tank pretty hard. It felt like a mod or expansion pack. With all the other stuff coming out this fall, this is probably good for everyone. I just hope they are able to improve it enough to make it feel more unique. To be fair, maybe the beta wasn't a good representation of everything it had to offer. Either way, i'm always happy to see stuff get delayed (with the assumption that it's going to be improved).

Figured I'd update this thread with some GOOD news about Pre-ordering games online.

I was one of those people who would constantly have $600-900 charged on my debt card from all my Bestbuy pre-orders.   It became a huge issue because my bank would constantly call me about having multiple/repeating charges for the same amount.

Anyways, seems that now Bestbuy Charges/Refunds the amount at the same time.   Might make a difference to those who don't want their funds tied up constantly.

*Here's hoping my bank stops calling now*

Figured I'd update this thread with some GOOD news about Pre-ordering games online.

I was one of those people who would constantly have $600-900 charged on my debt card from all my Bestbuy pre-orders. It became a huge issue because my bank would constantly call me about having multiple/repeating charges for the same amount.

Anyways, seems that now Bestbuy Charges/Refunds the amount at the same time. Might make a difference to those who don't want their funds tied up constantly.

*Here's hoping my bank stops calling now*
This was never a problem on credit cards, right? It's an issue with how debit cards work iirc

This was never a problem on credit cards, right? It's an issue with how debit cards work iirc
Actually they used to do revolving charges on credit cards as well. Depending on your credit card company, they may have flagged it as fraud depending on how many and how often the authorizations came up. I know Chase called me several times a few weeks ago because BB did multiple authorizations for the same items within 3-4 days of each other and that looked to their system like fraud.

I have a preorder up on bestbuy.com with a mastercard and there was an initial preauth for the full amount but it dropped off and hasn't been applied again since, I assume they have changed CC's to wait until shipment and charge then.

interestingly target.com acts like the old best buy, an order for super smash bros I have on there (b2g1 free) is constantly keeping a preauth rotating on a credit card.  pretty annoying.

unrelated: anyone know if you can buy steam, Nintendo eShop, or PSN cards with best buy reward zone certificates?

I just preordered the limited edition copy of Destiny. I noticed after that that page doesn't have a link for the $10 rewards. Am I going to still get it or did the nix the deal for anything that wasn't a regular copy?

I just preordered the limited edition copy of Destiny. I noticed after that that page doesn't have a link for the $10 rewards. Am I going to still get it or did the nix the deal for anything that wasn't a regular copy?
The $10 is on any version of the games including system bundles as long as the game is here that`s all that matters
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/My-Best-Buy-quot-Get-10-quot-Gaming-Pre-Order-Offer/td-p/695766

Crap, I'm working during the midnight release.  This is the first game I'm hyped about since...  MGS4?  To the point of doing a midnight launch anyway.  I didn't even care about Destiny until I played the beta and realized it is exactly like PSO with Halo gameplay.

Some of these states feel like they should be getting more launches then that, like 1-4 in the whole state? Usually one of the ones near me has one when Best Buy has a midnight launch for a game, but not a single one is close to me currently. Hope that they do add more stores before it is out!

Sweet my store finally is doing a midnight release , they better be releasing the console bundle at midnight as well .

Just had a problem with BestBuy, I had preordered the last of us when it was $59.99. They were telling me they cant give it to me for $49.99 because its been over 15 days since I placed the order and because it is $49.99 for the "Black Friday" sale

Just had a problem with BestBuy, I had preordered the last of us when it was $59.99. They were telling me they cant give it to me for $49.99 because its been over 15 days since I placed the order and because it is $49.99 for the "Black Friday" sale
then cancel and reorder

Need to get Ace Attorney Trilogy on this list, but I know the odds.
The odds are better that you will win the lottery on this one.
A niche visual novel handheld game that isn't getting a physical release, no chance in hell. If any one of those adjectives that I used for AA ever gets a RZ bonus it will be a miracle.

The certs work on preorders in store right?  Was going to use GCU, Movers Coupon, and some reward certs on the destiny limited edition.

Quick question. I have three RZ certificates, two expire on August 9th and one on August 16th. If I use them to pre-order Diablo 3: UEE which releases on the 19th am I going to run into any issues when I go to pick up the game?

It would work because the My Best Buy certificates are processed and paid at time of order. If you cancel an order the points are reissued a few days later. So you're good! 

Thanks for the heads up about the midnight launch event for Destiny. Called in and had my Limited Edition switched to store pickup, didn't want to cancel and re-order due to using rewards. Was a painless process over the phone. So excited for this game!

Can reward certs be used by other people? Like if I pre-ordered Destiny, could my GF use the reward cert when she picks up her per-order with her own MYBB account? And still get her own $10 bonus?

I hardly ever pre-order anything, and it shames me to say it...I am not very familiar with Best Buy's system.

#fakecag

Can reward certs be used by other people? Like if I pre-ordered Destiny, could my GF use the reward cert when she picks up her per-order with her own MYBB account? And still get her own $10 bonus?

I hardly ever pre-order anything, and it shames me to say it...I am not very familiar with Best Buy's system.

#fakecag
it can take up to 15 days after picking up game for the reward points to show up so if you both getting the same preorder game it won't matter either way since the $10 wouldn't be available to you yet.

#fakecag
Mybb accounts/certs are linked the system wouldn`t allow it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back