Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I guess they should update the site, because I don't have the time to check every thread in the best buy forums, lol.  Ever since I started my new job I hardly have time to check this forum as much as I want to.

They should update our pre-orders too.  I hope I don't get screwed on that.  Had it pre-orderered and paid off for almost 3 months now.

Well I guess they should update the site, because I don't have the time to check every thread in the best buy forums, lol. Ever since I started my new job I hardly have time to check this forum as much as I want to.

They should update our pre-orders too. I hope I don't get screwed on that. Had it pre-orderered and paid off for almost 3 months now.
I've been wondering where you have been. Now please disappear again.

Dude, seriously, whenever they add something to a pre-order you ALWAYS get it no matter when you pre-ordered it.
I've had it happen a few times when I didn't get the certificate (Stick of Truth and God of War Ascension) but the forums were always helpful and hooked me up correcting their mistake.

I've been wondering where you have been. Now please disappear again.
Wow…..I really don't understand people on the internet. Why are people so mean to one another? Not sure what I've ever done?

I don't want to start something, but like YBX87 said:
Yea I'm still confused…? So people don't like me because I am lucky to go to a good best buy that takes care of me?

I don't do ANY pre-orders in store, so for pre-order mistakes I always have to deal with the forums/call in customer service…. It's just easier to get the certificate without any hassle then having to go through hoops to get it added to your account, thats all I am saying.

Like I mentioned when it didn't work with South Park and GOW. I actually think it messed up with my Ghosts pre-order too…… can't remember for certain.

Is anyone having trouble seeing their point history on Bestbuy.com? I haven't been able to see mine for a week and a half.

Yea I'm still confused…? So people don't like me because I am lucky to go to a good best buy that takes care of me?

I don't do ANY pre-orders in store, so for pre-order mistakes I always have to deal with the forums/call in customer service…. It's just easier to get the certificate without any hassle then having to go through hoops to get it added to your account, thats all I am saying.

Like I mentioned when it didn't work with South Park and GOW. I actually think it messed up with my Ghosts pre-order too…… can't remember for certain.
People including me lose patience with redundant questions and say shit off the cuff. Don't sweat it man.

Same here, I contacted the best buy one 800-number and they submitted a ticket for me but I am guessing this is a systemwide issue.
Yea I'm not going to even bother with that. I've had a case open since June 23rd about my account issuing me $5, $10, and $15 dollar certificates when I have it set for $20 dollars and it's still not resolved.

Well I guess they should update the site, because I don't have the time to check every thread in the best buy forums, lol. Ever since I started my new job I hardly have time to check this forum as much as I want to.
Are you serious in the link the mod is doing us a favor by alerting us to it being added BEFORE it actually shows up. Same principal as someone leaking the weekly ad 2-3 weeks in advance knowledge is power saves someone from moving credit around for no reason.

Also, why would you need to check the forums at all since the OP in this thread has been on top of most things anyways. As a CAG stating that you`ve been away for awhile then your 1st move should`ve been to the OP. The same time it took you to write in the thread you could`ve read the OP & BB link. Plus going back a page or two in a thread you haven`t been in usually brings one up to speed.

Not to be rude or anything really just saying you`re a vet act like one this is something that a newb would do get flamed for then not make the mistake again.

Any chance they will be doing the same deal as Madden for FIFA? I was going to get rid of FIFA 14 soon before the TIV drops below $23.

Are you serious in the link the mod is doing us a favor by alerting us to it being added BEFORE it actually shows up. Same principal as someone leaking the weekly ad 2-3 weeks in advance knowledge is power saves someone from moving credit around for no reason.
Also, why would you need to check the forums at all since the OP in this thread has been on top of most things anyways. As a CAG stating that you`ve been away for awhile then your 1st move should`ve been to the OP. The same time it took you to write in the thread you could`ve read the OP & BB link. Plus going back a page or two in a thread you haven`t been in usually brings one up to speed.
Not to be rude or anything really just saying you`re a vet act like one this is something that a newb would do get flamed for then not make the mistake again.
Yea, I don't have that much time to waste, lol. Just was saying I hope best buy reflects it on the $10 bonus page. Makes it easy to see what to pre-order. Plus, that is kind of the "official" word.

Any chance they will be doing the same deal as Madden for FIFA? I was going to get rid of FIFA 14 soon before the TIV drops below $23.
That's what I just did, especially with ea access. I just figured the chances of me losing out on $10 from the coupon then was significantly lower than the chance of the year in value being led than $13

Yea, I don't have that much time to waste, lol. Just was saying I hope best buy reflects it on the $10 bonus page. Makes it easy to see what to pre-order. Plus, that is kind of the "official" word.
You`ve spent more time defending your mistake than it would`ve taken to read the OP & how would you have known about it being added at all without reading something in this thread?

It`s certainly not a "waste" of time to spend less than 2 minutes confirming a game you want comes with a $10 credit in a thread dedicated to $10 credit games. Bookmark the OP or make CAG your homepage.

You`ve spent more time defending your mistake than it would`ve taken to read the OP & how would you have known about it being added at all without reading something in this thread?
It`s certainly not a "waste" of time to spend less than 2 minutes confirming a game you want comes with a $10 credit in a thread dedicated to $10 credit games. Bookmark the OP or make CAG your homepage.
Yea that's a post from the forum. I don't consider it official until it's actually reflected on the website. A customer service agent isn't the be all end all. We all know how quickly best buy changes policies and rules. Haha.

Yea that's a post from the forum. I don't consider it official until it's actually reflected on the website. A customer service agent isn't the be all end all. We all know how quickly best buy changes policies and rules. Haha.
There`s a 2 month gap from them saying no & then outta the blue given us the early word it would be insanely weird from rep to come outta nowhere with such bad info. Plus by your logic of waiting what happens to the versions of the games that are never reflected on the promo pages like CE/LE & system bundles? I truly wish BB`s systems/staff were better by alot but I gotta give the mod props. He really came back b/c lot ofppl mainly CAG aggressively requested it being added & after being denied at first they were able to make it happen.

After dealing with some crappy BB stuff they`ve recently done 3 pro customer things
1-Allowing Elite/Elite Plus extended pm`s
2- Changed the GCU purchase limits
3- Added a highly requested title to this promo
So I give them a little more leadway based upon all the facts

There`s a 2 month gap from them saying no & then outta the blue given us the early word it would be insanely weird from rep to come outta nowhere with such bad info. Plus by your logic of waiting what happens to the versions of the games that are never reflected on the promo pages like CE/LE & system bundles? I truly wish BB`s systems/staff were better by alot but I gotta give the mod props. He really came back b/c lot ofppl mainly CAG aggressively requested it being added & after being denied at first they were able to make it happen.

After dealing with some crappy BB stuff they`ve recently done 3 pro customer things
1-Allowing Elite/Elite Plus extended pm`s
2- Changed the GCU purchase limits
3- Added a highly requested title to this promo
So I give them a little more leadway based upon all the facts
You're wasting your time. This guy is literally mentally slow and as can be seen from the relief people expressed that he hasn't been around for a while, he has rubbed a lot of CAGs the wrong way. He's basically a troll, but one who lacks the mental capacity to understand why people consider him to be a troll.

Just stop. This is why people don't like you. Anything posted on those forums are from corporate people and are correct. They are some random customer service person.

Just stop. This is why people don't like you. Anything posted on those forums are from corporate people and are correct. They are some random customer service person.
I didn't say that. Just saying one minute we can only trade in 1 copy of a game, and buy 3 copies of a game per year, then the next minute we can buy 3 of a game per copy, per console. Rules seem to change all the time, offerings change all the time. When its posted on the site I will know its a certainty. They may decide to change their mind and give us another gas card ala Mario Kart or something, lol.

I didn't say that. Just saying one minute we can only trade in 1 copy of a game, and buy 3 copies of a game per year, then the next minute we can buy 3 of a game per copy, per console. Rules seem to change all the time, offerings change all the time. When its posted on the site I will know its a certainty. They may decide to change their mind and give us another gas card ala Mario Kart or something, lol.
JustinTime Lucky Bro. post 777. Congrats. don't go for broke. be a family man. "Your'e a Winner".

Just stop. Seriously.
He's right. We can't trust what they say. May as well just go to GS and pay $60 and trade in my games for $5-10. At least there they don't add bonuses and change the offer so I get more....They keep it simple and just make me give them $60 and give me nothing back. Clean and easy.

Seriously...Justin is saying that since they changed policy ONCE since the GCU 20% discount was created nothing they say can be trusted?

Policy changes, it happens everywhere. They didn't say "3, no 1, no wait 3, no wait 2. Ah screw it, we know it's really just 1. OK OK OK we heard you all and now it's 3". It's been a consistent answer from them for EVERYTHING unless policy changes which happens once MAYBE twice a year if that, and that happens at all businesses. Especially when they are added rewards and programs to their business model.

I don't recall them ever taking away/changing the $20/$10 pre-order bonus after they already added them so no idea why he would think they would suddenly take it away lol.

I don't recall them ever taking away/changing the $20/$10 pre-order bonus after they already added them so no idea why he would think they would suddenly take it away lol.
They technically have at least once, the Halo MCC. I'll give him that, it was listed and they took it away, and now they are adding it back. But to basically say "because of 1 mistake I am now not going to believe anything they ever say" is pretty drastic and overall silly.

If they had a history for making offers and going back on them often I can see his concern of the validity of the new claim that Halo MCC has the $10 again. But the initial retraction was an exception to the rule, not the rule itself.

He's right. We can't trust what they say. May as well just go to GS and pay $60 and trade in my games for $5-10. At least there they don't add bonuses and change the offer so I get more....They keep it simple and just make me give them $60 and give me nothing back. Clean and easy.

Seriously...Justin is saying that since they changed policy ONCE since the GCU 20% discount was created nothing they say can be trusted?

Policy changes, it happens everywhere. They didn't say "3, no 1, no wait 3, no wait 2. Ah screw it, we know it's really just 1. OK OK OK we heard you all and now it's 3". It's been a consistent answer from them for EVERYTHING unless policy changes which happens once MAYBE twice a year if that, and that happens at all businesses. Especially when they are added rewards and programs to their business model.
Ummmm, they have changed the policies ALOT over the course of the last year with the addition of 20%.... At least 5 times. Not saying they can't be trusted, but I would prefer it officially posted. (I remember these forums lit with furious posts when they eliminated the $20)

When they initially had the $20 games, and added the 20% they changed the games to $10 instead of $20. Anyone who pre-ordered from a certain point still got the $20, but anyone after they said would only g et $10. Then they recanted and said, "no everyone can get $20". Aka, South Park.....

They technically have at least once, the Halo MCC. I'll give him that, it was listed and they took it away, and now they are adding it back. But to basically say "because of 1 mistake I am now not going to believe anything they ever say" is pretty drastic and overall silly.

If they had a history for making offers and going back on them often I can see his concern of the validity of the new claim that Halo MCC has the $10 again. But the initial retraction was an exception to the rule, not the rule itself.
They also added Mario kart last minute and made it a gas card instead of a reward certificate.

Mario kart was only a $10 gas never did they attempt to say it was a $10 pre-order offer. And unlike the $10 pre-order credit I`m pretty sure Nintendo wasn`t the company paying half of the $10 otherwise it would`ve applied to the MK8 WiiU bundle. Either way there was no backtracking since they never committed to anything.

As for people complaining about the lack of $20 pre-orders there`s two issues
1- If you`re GCU they`re already taking $12 off so the value exceeds $20.
2- If you weren`t GCU they were still offering $10 to you(honestly I`d like to see them make the credit GCU only so it strengthens it) & GCU was available for $30 during that stretch.

Now all these months later people state "man I wish I got in on it when it was $60" or "I only would pay for GCU if the.price was still the same". Look back you`ll see tons & tons of people telling the same people get in on the $30 or $60 offers since most had already made/saved most or all of the $30/$60. Instead they continued to overthink the deal spouting "5 new releases" blah blah blah.

If there was a $30 GCU sub glitch right now that thread would be 10+ pages in 2 days.

Will I get the $10 cert for Halo: The Master Chief Collection if I pre-ordered day 1 before it was added?
Yes, you should. In the event that you don't, you can send a PM explaining the situation to one of the Best Buy reps on the BBY forums who reply in gaming-related threads, and they should help you out.

Ummmm, they have changed the policies ALOT over the course of the last year with the addition of 20%.... At least 5 times. Not saying they can't be trusted, but I would prefer it officially posted. (I remember these forums lit with furious posts when they eliminated the $20)

When they initially had the $20 games, and added the 20% they changed the games to $10 instead of $20. Anyone who pre-ordered from a certain point still got the $20, but anyone after they said would only g et $10. Then they recanted and said, "no everyone can get $20". Aka, South Park.....

They also added Mario kart last minute and made it a gas card instead of a reward certificate.
You seem to not understand the difference between Policy and Offer.

Policy is a rule that governs something. An offer is something that is not applicable to everyone who is part of that program, but only for those who choose to take part. Offers change all the time and expire. Policy changes but no where near as often.

So now that you know that. Name ONE time other than changing the 20% discount limit recently that they changed policy. I promise you that you cannot. Changing the rewards from $20 to $10 for NEW titles (they didn't reduce the $20 titles to $10) is a change to the OFFER not the policy.

And like Enuf said, MK was NEVER a part of the $10 promo (no Nintendo title has EVER been a part of the $10 or $20 offer), so you frankly have no idea what you are talking about.

You seem to not understand the difference between Policy and Offer.

Policy is a rule that governs something. An offer is something that is not applicable to everyone who is part of that program, but only for those who choose to take part. Offers change all the time and expire. Policy changes but no where near as often.

So now that you know that. Name ONE time other than changing the 20% discount limit recently that they changed policy. I promise you that you cannot. Changing the rewards from $20 to $10 for NEW titles (they didn't reduce the $20 titles to $10) is a change to the OFFER not the policy.

And like Enuf said, MK was NEVER a part of the $10 promo (no Nintendo title has EVER been a part of the $10 or $20 offer), so you frankly have no idea what you are talking about.
You promise me I cannot? I already did above, but I will again.....LMFAO.

They have changed the trade in policy and the purchase limit policy on games 2 or 3 times within this past year. Remember, the policy that threatened to ban us and our membership if we bought to many copies of a game in a calendar year....? That wasn't very hard...

P.S. I think they just changed it again a within the last couple weeks.....

You promise me I cannot? I already did above, but I will again.....LMFAO.

They have changed the trade in policy and the purchase limit policy on games 2 or 3 times within this past year. Remember, the policy that threatened to ban us and our membership if we bought to many copies of a game in a calendar year....? That wasn't very hard...

P.S. I think they just changed it again a within the last couple weeks.....
One, trade in is NOT part of GCU so that is NOT a valid issue with GCU.

Two, I ALREADY SAID THE ONLY TIME THEY CHANGED POLICY WAS THE 3 LIMIT PURCHASE. I said besides that ONE time they have NOT changed policy with GCU since they made it a 20% discount. And you stupidly confirmed that while trying to disprove me.

When the 20% discount was implemented the only limit was 3 per game regardless of platform. Yes, recently (around a month or so ago) they did change that to be 3 per platform and new revisions (GotY. Remastered, etc etc) were a new entry for the 3 per platform limit). That is the one I agree they changed since it started, but NO other time have they changed ANY policy for the 20% discount since it was created.

One, trade in is NOT part of GCU so that is NOT a valid issue with GCU.

Two, I ALREADY SAID THE ONLY TIME THEY CHANGED POLICY WAS THE 3 LIMIT PURCHASE. I said besides that ONE time they have NOT changed policy with GCU since they made it a 20% discount. And you stupidly confirmed that while trying to disprove me.

When the 20% discount was implemented the only limit was 3 per game regardless of platform. Yes, recently (around a month or so ago) they did change that to be 3 per platform and new revisions (GotY. Remastered, etc etc) were a new entry for the 3 per platform limit). That is the one I agree they changed since it started, but NO other time have they changed ANY policy for the 20% discount since it was created.
I don't get your argument..... It changed when they added 20%, they changed it a few months after that, and then they just changed it again within the last month. It wasn't just when they added 20%.

Trading is also VERY MUCH a part of GCU, considering you get a bonus from being a GCU member as well as My best buy points. And they added a trade in limit when they added 20% and then they've also changed it since it was first implemented.

I don't get your argument..... It changed when they added 20%, they changed it a few months after that, and then they just changed it again within the last month. It wasn't just when they added 20%.

Trading is also VERY MUCH a part of GCU, considering you get a bonus from being a GCU member as well as My best buy points. And they added a trade in limit when they added 20% and then they've also changed it since it was first implemented.
Didn't you say that you don't have any free time on your hands?

First, I want to thank you for keeping this civil unlike many people on the internet tend to do. Second, this will be my last reply to you because overall sadly you don't seem to fully understand.

When they made the GCU program 20% for $120 every 2 years instead of $15 a year for the magazine they then added the limit of 1 game. Since then no terms/policy of the program have changed, until recently. Which we both agree on, the limit changed to 3 per system. I stated earlier that there is no other policy change to the 20% GCU than that singular one. You have yet to contradict/correct me on that besides stating things that have NOTHING to do with GCU.

And NO trade ins have NOTHING to do with GCU. Do they work together sure they do. Do I need to be GCU to trade into BBY? Nope! Do I need to be a MyBBY member to trade into BBY? Nope! GCU is most certainly a part of MyBBY since you CANNOT be a member of GCU and not a member of MyBBY. But there is no depenancy on GCU to trade anything into BBY, so again it is not PART of GCU, but it is symbiotic with it. Also, LOL they never EVER changed the trade-in limit when they added the 20% discount on buying games.

The limit was ALWAYS 3 per platform per year. They did change it on their site ,but it was confirmed one or two days later by a BBY rep on CAG, who I and other members have dealt with personally to change non-GCU policy for BBY, as well as BBY Unboxed employees that it was INCORRECT and it was QUICKLY changed back to the limit of 3 per platform. I will give you that was very confusing and upsetting for many people (myself included) but it was NOT a policy change, but was in fact an error on the website management team.

Hopefully that was easy to understand.

First, I want to thank you for keeping this civil unlike many people on the internet tend to do. Second, this will be my last reply to you because overall sadly you don't seem to fully understand.

When they made the GCU program 20% for $120 every 2 years instead of $15 a year for the magazine they then added the limit of 1 game. Since then no terms/policy of the program have changed, until recently. Which we both agree on, the limit changed to 3 per system. I stated earlier that there is no other policy change to the 20% GCU than that singular one. You have yet to contradict/correct me on that besides stating things that have NOTHING to do with GCU.

And NO trade ins have NOTHING to do with GCU. Do they work together sure they do. Do I need to be GCU to trade into BBY? Nope! Do I need to be a MyBBY member to trade into BBY? Nope! GCU is most certainly a part of MyBBY since you CANNOT be a member of GCU and not a member of MyBBY. But there is no depenancy on GCU to trade anything into BBY, so again it is not PART of GCU, but it is symbiotic with it. Also, LOL they never EVER changed the trade-in limit when they added the 20% discount on buying games.

The limit was ALWAYS 3 per platform per year. They did change it on their site ,but it was confirmed one or two days later by a BBY rep on CAG, who I and other members have dealt with personally to change non-GCU policy for BBY, as well as BBY Unboxed employees that it was INCORRECT and it was QUICKLY changed back to the limit of 3 per platform. I will give you that was very confusing and upsetting for many people (myself included) but it was NOT a policy change, but was in fact an error on the website management team.

Hopefully that was easy to understand.
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but I was very aware (as well as a lot of others on here) that for a while it was 1 per year, then it changed to 3 per year per game regardless of console (So 1 watch dogs PS4, ps3 and X1 would be the limit), and now its 3 per year per game per console.....( So i could buy watch dogs 3 times on ps4, 3 times on ps3, 3 times on X1 etc....)

P.S. Thanks for being civil as well. I'm always like that online. I don't understand people that are rude and troll for no reason. In regards to this topic I sincerely am confused with the whole thing. I've been trying to point out that obviously Best Buy has not been clear on their policies. This is the proof! haha

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but I was very aware (as well as a lot of others on here) that for a while it was 1 per year, then it changed to 3 per year per game regardless of console (So 1 watch dogs PS4, ps3 and X1 would be the limit), and now its 3 per year per game per console.....( So i could buy watch dogs 3 times on ps4, 3 times on ps3, 3 times on X1 etc....)

P.S. Thanks for being civil as well. I'm always like that online. I don't understand people that are rude and troll for no reason. In regards to this topic I sincerely am confused with the whole thing. I've been trying to point out that obviously Best Buy has not been clear on their policies. This is the proof! haha
Um it was NEVER 1 per year for the 20% discount. No idea where you got that number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back