Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to everyone for responding, I'll just leave it as is and hope everything turns out fine. The employees at my local store seem cool enough but I could see them calling a manager over if they noticed I was getting it for free.
How would it not be like any of the times people have had the free game of a b2g1 for in store pick up? Employees for the most part are zombies. I will go in say I have two copies of GTA V for the Xbox 360, they ask for my name, I give it to them, give them my ID, sign for it, walk out. People really are over thinking this, the part where you would get an order cancelled or denied has already past. Once you are in store waiting to pick it up, they are going to give it to you. There is pretty much nothing a manager would do even if called over. They are just fulfilling an order you made on the website, their job is not to deny you on things like this.

What possible reason would they give you to deny you. "Here to pick up my games!" "Hmmm NO!" "Ummm why NOT?" "Because it says you didn't have to pay anything for it" "Your point being?" "I DON'T KNOW!"

For all they know, the site was LEGITIMATELY giving away free copies, there is no excuse for them to deny your order.

Has anyone figured out a fix for the BestBuy gift card error? Have not been able to order for about 3 weeks so far and have 1k++ in gift cards..

Use the mobile site, m.bestbuy.com. It worked like a charm for me.
So what causes the regular site to suddenly become unusable when using gift cards? I used gift card credit for all my purchases over the past year. I used multiple gift cards without a problem until tonight when I too had to use the mobile site to pre-order. The site just works fine for everyone until it suddenly breaks for you and you can't ever use gift cards on the main site again?

My 1000 points that were pending yesterday, have now become a $20 rz certificate. Wonder if I should spend it quickly, incase it get's taken back or worse? Also my copies of GTA are on their way :whee:  :whee: :whee:  

I missed that free GTA V. That blows. Placed the order when that deal was still going on, but it died as I was placing it. Oh well, maybe next time. Would have liked to instantly flip the free one and my Madden to GS with a 50% to get more on my Xbox One. At this point don't even know if I'm going to pick up the console, may just stick with the PS4.

WOOHOO! My GTA V order status now says "Order in process of being fulfilled. Usually ships in 1-2 days." :D/ Hopefully I can expect a shipment email later today. :bouncy:

I ordered gtaV online for in store pick up last month but the purchase isn't in my rwd-zone account neither is the $10.... Does it not show up until I pick it up?

Question: If I'm a GCU member, and preorder multiple copies, ik I only get the $20 certificate for one game, but should any of the others be eligible for the $10?

I ordered gtaV online for in store pick up last month but the purchase isn't in my rwd-zone account neither is the $10.... Does it not show up until I pick it up?
Yep, your purchase and points should post to your account a day or two after pickup.

Question: If I'm a GCU member, and preorder multiple copies, ik I only get the $20 certificate for one game, but should any of the others be eligible for the $10?
Doesn't matter how many you preorder you only get 1 $10/$20 RZ cert.

I have a feeling that someone who got a free copy of GTA: V but didn't get any RZ cert bonus will call and complain.

Doesn't matter how many you preorder you only get 1 $10/$20 RZ cert.

I have a feeling that someone who got a free copy of GTA: V but didn't get any RZ cert bonus will call and complain.
My $20 cert from the free game already posted XD the FREE game is now showing expected arrival on thursday, so maybe wednesday if it gets here early, but otherwise I have 3 copies that should be arriving/ready for pick up on tuesday.

Uncomfortable with the amount of people proud of themselves for basically stealing.
How is it stealing? They sent the games to us, they had weeks to cancel them but they didn't. Its not like we went to the store and stuffed it down our pants or something. Stop it.

Uncomfortable with the amount of people proud of themselves for basically stealing.
I held the website at gunpoint so it would give me that price.

Why WOULDN'T we try to get the deal? I'm fairly sure you would have done the same if you had the chance

And it's hardly pride, most of us can't believe the deal was honored, or slipped under their radar, we are just excited to get a free/cheap game.

BB is no longer showing the free bonus Atomic Blimp DLC with GTA 5.. :\ is it included?
It shows up here on their special GTA V splash page: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-Promotions/Grand-Theft-Auto/pcmcat301800050002.c?id=pcmcat301800050002&pageType=REDIRECT&issolr=1&searchterm=grand%20theft%20auto%205

Now scroll down that page to "related offers" and you should see this:

fo_gtavblimp.gif

The thing about it is I don't remember it ever showing up when you click on the game product page and then click special offers. I think that's where you mean it was missing right? Because even a month ago when I first pre-ordered, it wasn't there.

Yes, probably just removed from the page so close to launch.
I don't remember it ever being on the special offers list when you click product description page to choose the specific sku (xbox or ps3). The only time I ever saw the Blimp dlc was on the overall spash page (see above).

Also, when I pre-ordered the game a month ago, the pre-order bonus never even showed up in my cart like the Bioshock Infinite, Madden or NCAA pre-order bonuses previously did at checkout. I eventually cancelled that order because I had to re-order the game when they offered the free Rockstar game. Even when I had to cancel and re-order few weeks ago to get Red Dead Redemption free, the pre-order bonus never showed up in cart.

However, this Atomic Blimp dlc is not exclusive to Best Buy. Amazon and Gamestop orders also come with the free Blimp dlc. I get the feeling that all Best Buy pre-orders should receive it because it isn't exlusive to them. If I don't receive the dlc, I'm going to complain to customer service. It isn't our fault that bestbuy dot com is so broken.

Man..my GCU expired a few days ago. Not sure if I should renew it since the special benefits haven't been too great lately. I have GTA V preorderd at GS but the $20 RZ is tempting! decisions decisions...

The $10 is only for preorders I am 99% sure. No preorder, no $10, so that plan won't work.
I know, but I anticipate reviews coming in before the games release. So I'll wait to see which launch game is the best and then preorder it just before it releases to get the $10. If the reviews don't come in time I'll just wait for a sale.

I know, but I anticipate reviews coming in before the games release. So I'll wait to see which launch game is the best and then preorder it just before it releases to get the $10. If the reviews don't come in time I'll just wait for a sale.
all reviews for the game will be up by monday morning, because that is the time embargo will be lifted.

I'm guessing the blimp dlc code will be included in the case for first run copies of the game , especially since it's the same pre order bonus across all stores . That would explain why it's not listed in the order where it would normally be emailed or on the receipt for in store pre orders .

I just can't get behind the hype for GTA for some reason.
it is not a game for everyone. people have different taste. for me it is a bit of nostalgia reason, i start playing gta series from gta II from the top down view. i have been playing every gta series since, Gta iv was a huge disappointment. Gta vice city, and san andreas was my favorite. I hope gta v turns out better.

You should turn on the news and see how proud people are about "purchasing" a free ticket on United flights... One person reported that he bought 12 round trip tickets on the website when the fares were showing up as $0.00.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/36090945?launch=52999748&config=26185044

For those who have heard about this fiasco on Thursday, United has made an official statement saying they will honor all tickets purchased during this pricing error due to human error being the cause.

I'm guessing the blimp dlc code will be included in the case for first run copies of the game , especially since it's the same pre order bonus across all stores . That would explain why it's not listed in the order where it would normally be emailed or on the receipt for in store pre orders .
The voucher code for the blimp is packaged along with the game.

This.

Reviews don't even matter in the case of GTA because Rockstar buys reviews and pressures the media into giving GTA perfect scores.

If you want a feel for what the game is like, a lot of people got the game early and have been streaming for a couple of days. Here's a 4 hour archived stream: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14oysj_gta-v-single-player-09-14_videogames
I wasn't talking about GTA. I was talking about the next gen titles. I'm not buying any of them until I see their reviews. So wait for reviews then preorder if still possible, otherwise wait till sale.

I wasn't talking about GTA. I was talking about the next gen titles. I'm not buying any of them until I see their reviews. So wait for reviews then preorder if still possible, otherwise wait till sale.
OK, I didn't see your follow-up post

If you are GCU than it is virtually 0 risk. They will be offering a $45 guarenteed TiV just like madden 25. So you can preorder, play it, have fun, decide for yourself, if not, trade it in, and trade/sell the blimp code if you chose to not redeem it.

If you are GCU than it is virtually 0 risk. They will be offering a $45 guarenteed TiV just like madden 25. So you can preorder, play it, have fun, decide for yourself, if not, trade it in, and trade/sell the blimp code if you chose to not redeem it.
They are offering $45 for next gen trade ins? Or did you mean GTA 5? For the third time, I was talking about next gen titles that qualify for the $10 reward, NOT GTA 5.

The irony in all this "free copy with RZ bonus" deal... these free people get them and us who pay will have to call in to get ours since they will screw it up like they have done each week. 

Got the email this morning that my free GTA will be ready for pick up tomorrow. So stoked, especially after reading reviews most of the morning.

*sigh* My Expedited shipping order is still being processed...It doesn't make a lot of sense for the Standard shipping orders to have shipped already and not the Expedited ones--isn't there supposed to be some sort of priority here? :???:

*sigh* My Expedited shipping order is still being processed...It doesn't make a lot of sense for the Standard shipping orders to have shipped already and not the Expedited ones--isn't there supposed to be some sort of priority here? :???:
My free shipping says it wont be here until Thursday. Having shipped last week thats some SLOW shipping time. I would bet anything that yours would ship soon (today probably) and they will ship it either next day or 2 day so you will end up getting it before the Standard people. Who knows for sure though?

My free shipping says it wont be here until Thursday. Having shipped last week thats some SLOW shipping time. I would bet anything that yours would ship soon (today probably) and they will ship it either next day or 2 day so you will end up getting it before the Standard people. Who knows for sure though?
Looks like I had nothing to worry about, as I just got a shipping confirmation email! :D/

So if I picked up Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4, and Assassin Creed IV for Xbox 360, I'd get $60 in reward zone certs. Then I could preorder them on Xbox One and do the upgrade for $10, and get another $60 in reward zone certs? So total cost would be $180+tax+$30+tax, and $120 in reward zone certs?

So if I picked up Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4, and Assassin Creed IV for Xbox 360, I'd get $60 in reward zone certs. Then I could preorder them on Xbox One and do the upgrade for $10, and get another $60 in reward zone certs? So total cost would be $180+tax+$30+tax, and $120 in reward zone certs?
No, No, and no.

Those titles are only available for the $10 rewardzone certs and they are only once per title regardless of platforms, so you would only get $30 in rewardzone certs. Then you can trade those games in for at least $40 and use a $10 coupon you receive during the trade in with the gift card from trade in to purchase the xbox one games for $10.

I thought only 1 cert no matter which platform you buy on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back