Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
i haven't picked up my cod ghost ps4 pre-order yet. original deal on the release date was 11/15 but since bby sold cod (ps4) earlier than expected, will i still get the $10 if i pickup my pre-order tomorrow or on 11/15.
Pickup date was extended to 8 days beyond PS4 launch due to that issue. You have until 11/23/13 on PS4 games that are in the Get $10 offer.

Looks like I will be moving my Destiny X1 preorder from Amazon to Best Buy.

Is it possible to update shipping addresses with Best Buy after you have placed an order (like you can do with Amazon)? I anticipate my address changing by the time Destiny is released next year...
Just confirmed with the .com team. The answer is yes. Just need to update before it ships and you're good to go.

Just confirmed with the .com team. The answer is yes. Just need to update before it ships and you're good to go.
Thanks. Does anyone know how to update shipping addresses after an order has been placed online? Is there a place to do it on your order status page or do you have to speak with customer support? It's so simple to do on Amazon but doesn't seem as intuitive with Best Buy.

Still no COD cert for me. Also, a heads up to all you Infamous fans, BB put the CE up and after my GCU discount and tax I paid $69.00. I canceled my $87 amazon order a while a go. Doesn't look like this game will get a $10 bonus cert but I dont care I still love you BB!

Thanks. Does anyone know how to update shipping addresses after an order has been placed online? Is there a place to do it on your order status page or do you have to speak with customer support? It's so simple to do on Amazon but doesn't seem as intuitive with Best Buy.
you are most likely going to have to cancel and reorder, depending on the status of your order.

you are most likely going to have to cancel and reorder, depending on the status of your order.
With Best Buy, you can change the address calling them. I originally had a Xbox One shipping to me, but I was able to change it to in-store pickup.

Picked up 2K14 today, but it took 30 minutes to find the order, so i got pissed and the manager gave me a $15 gift card for my trouble. So $48 - 15 GC - 10 RZ is a not so bad trade for some unnecessary frustration. 

Still no COD cert for me. Also, a heads up to all you Infamous fans, BB put the CE up and after my GCU discount and tax I paid $69.00. I canceled my $87 amazon order a while a go. Doesn't look like this game will get a $10 bonus cert but I dont care I still love you BB!
Sweet. I didn't really think about it, but this 20% discount can really make some of those Collector's editions easier to swallow.

Anybody get their $10 cert for COD ghosts Xbox 360 yet? I haven't gotten mine yet and just asked a Best Buy rep and he told me I wouldn't get it till after the return period is up which is 45 days for me. Is this true?

Anybody get their $10 cert for COD ghosts Xbox 360 yet? I haven't gotten mine yet and just asked a Best Buy rep and he told me I wouldn't get it till after the return period is up which is 45 days for me. Is this true?
I haven't gotten mine. I thought I read some fine print on their website that the cert is supposed to be sent 15 days after purchase/pick up. I picked up on day one, so for me, that would be Nov 20th, give or take.

Edit:

Below is the fine print I referenced. Full text of fine print on their website (http://www.bestbuy.com/Get10).

Eligible members will receive 500 bonus points (worth $10 in reward certificates) per qualified purchase. Limit one award per member per title. Points will post to your account approximately 15 days from time of pickup or shipment.

So here's a question: since my points finally posted, am I safe to go to my local store and get an adjustment for the 20% off GCU, or would it take 500 points out of my account? I'm Elite so the purchase is still within 30 days.

So here's a question: since my points finally posted, am I safe to go to my local store and get an adjustment for the 20% off GCU, or would it take 500 points out of my account? I'm Elite so the purchase is still within 30 days.
Just make sure you tell them "price adjustment" and go to someone who has been there for awhile. That won't affect the preorder bonus. You don't want some clown to do a return/rebuy. And they can't do a percentage off the computer, so you should show them your phone and go through it together (obviously it is $47.99).

I have already adjusted everything I bought within the 15 days and have paid off the $30 renewal.

Glad GCU pre-orders are essentially back, but it's weird that they're only doing this on games so far off. I need a deal on Gran Turismo 6, which I'll play with my Logitech G27.

(Of couse, I also need the Feb 2014 GCU extension and $30 coupon first)

Question

OK so Best Buy has something out right now where you buy three Xbox One titles and you get $25 in RZ certs (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/xbox-one-offer-114308)

I already have the coupons to trade my COD Ghosts and BF4 for 360 to get it for XB1 for 9.99. If I throw in one more game, will it count as three purchases even though BF4 and COD will only cost me 9.99? I'm thinking it will, but you never know with Best Buy.

Anyone ever have experience with something like this in the past?

Had an issue today and was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. Preordered BF4 for X1 today to take advantage of the $10 cert. The cashier said that she had to do seperate transactions for 2 different preorders. BF4 went through smoothly. I tried to do the same thing with COD but the cashier was having issues. Every time she tried to put a preorder in it said that it wasnt an option and she had to ring it up as a sale. It was definitely the X1 version and she tried a few times. She ended up just ringing it up like normal and I paid for COD in full which was fine with me. 

I have two questions with this. 

1) Am I still going to get my $10 cert for COD? The website lists it as an eligible title still even though I paid in full. The receipt does not say anything about a preorder. 

2) I am going to pick up a 3rd game on Friday to take advantage of the 3 games for $25 cert. Am I going to run into issues with that as well?

I have two questions with this.

1) Am I still going to get my $10 cert for COD? The website lists it as an eligible title still.

2) I am going to pick up a 3 game on Friday to take advantage of the 3 games for $25 cert. Am I going to run into issues with that as well?
1- I think the problem is CoD XB1 had a release date of 11/16 (according to BBY) so technically it's out and you can't preorder it anymore, so that might be why it didn't work. So you probably will miss out on the $10

2- they made the rules so that as long as you've bought 3 games you should qualify so you should be okay. But this is Best Buy after all so I'm sure we 'll all see in a couple weeks if we have to bother them about the promo working

Yea now I see that its available for pick up in some stores although I left the store with only a receipt...I feel like this is going to be an issue. I basically have a receipt saying I paid for a game but I have no game in hand. Still odd that the website shows the game as an eligible title for the preorder bonus.

Yea now I see that its available for pick up in some stores although I left the store with only a receipt...I feel like this is going to be an issue. I basically have a receipt saying I paid for a game but I have no game in hand. Still odd that the website shows the game as an eligible title for the preorder bonus.
Damn, that really sucks. Going to be hard to convince Best Buy about that one. I wish you luck. I think the constantly changing release dates of games made a lot of the promos on BBY.com a mess. Moreso with the ps4 games than xb1 though. Most of those stuck to their dates. (so far)

Yea I am going to call them in a minute and see if I need to just go get it. Hopefully the cashier is still there. I looked on the website to check and found this image which shows the release date as the 19th. I wonder if I can talk to customer service and state my case. 

How long does it take for the points to show up in the description where it tells you how many points pending you you have for that particular purchase after clicking the plus tab. My 500 points still haven't shown up there for my COD Ghosts pre order. Usually it'd show that its pending by now

How long does it take for the points to show up in the description where it tells you how many points pending you you have for that particular purchase after clicking the plus tab. My 500 points still haven't shown up there for my COD Ghosts pre order. Usually it'd show that its pending by now
Did the points for Ghosts itself post already?

Did the points for Ghosts itself post already?
No it hasn't and by no means am I complaining, I'm just saying, usually they'd be pending by now.

Another question, do points for elite plus members post earlier? I'm really hoping they'll post before next Sunday when they'll have that early BF event for elite members

No it hasn't and by no means am I complaining, I'm just saying, usually they'd be pending by now.

Another question, do points for elite plus members post earlier?
I would imagine it would be more of a problem if Ghosts had posted and the bonus not, it's probably alright. I wouldn't call or anything till after the 20th day.

In my case the points for Ghosts posted but the bonus did not and I had to post on unboxed forums. The pricematch I did on pick up appeared to have messed with it.

Talked to customer service at Mt Laurel, NJ BBuy and they said they do have COD for X1. Going to pick it up now. Although this clearly isnt a preorder anymore I wonder if anything can be done about the $10 cert I was hoping to get. 

I would imagine it would be more of a problem if Ghosts had posted and the bonus not, it's probably alright. I wouldn't call or anything till after the 20th day.

In my case the points for Ghosts posted but the bonus did not and I had to post on unboxed forums. The pricematch I did on pick up appeared to have messed with it.
Yeah, I never had any intention in calling about it, just curious to see if that was the norm or not. Oh well, I really, really hope they'll post soon though. Thanks for replying.

Talked to customer service at Mt Laurel, NJ BBuy and they said they do have COD for X1. Going to pick it up now. Although this clearly isnt a preorder anymore I wonder if anything can be done about the $10 cert I was hoping to get.
Glad to hear that. You might as well call BBY and see what they can do for you, the worst they can do is say no.

Another question, do points for elite plus members post earlier? I'm really hoping they'll post before next Sunday when they'll have that early BF event for elite members
I'm elite plus and my points for purchasing Ghosts are still Pending and the $10 GC is still not showing either.

Hey guys my account just got updated for the 1250 bonus points from buying 3 PS4 games two weeks ago but they won't be available until the points go through next Monday. I was wondering if I exchange one of the games I bought with that promo with another game on Friday would my points be taken away? I'm thinking yes, and even if I did wait until after the points went through would I have a negative balance?

Sorry if this had been asked but do you still have to an unlocked member to get the pre order certs? My unlocked expired before ghosts came out and I don't show points pending for it

Not related to this promo, but I was shocked to find that my 1250 points ($25) are pending for buying 3 PS4 games. I didn't buy them on the same receipt and I used a price match on one of the receipts, so I was definitely expecting to have to call and complain in a few weeks. Nice going, Best Buy! (Not sure if this is a legit compliment since this is how the promo is supposed to work).

It's really hit or miss with RZ points. I am noticing that some of my purchases are missing points. I hate calling... I go through the forum 1st before I call. They are good but still waiting for them to reply back. Guess, they are busy right now with the holidays coming... fingers crossed that they'll come through; if not... will be calling.

It's really hit or miss with RZ points. I am noticing that some of my purchases are missing points. I hate calling... I go through the forum 1st before I call. They are good but still waiting for them to reply back. Guess, they are busy right now with the holidays coming... fingers crossed that they'll come through; if not... will be calling.
I just got through a phone call with them. I hate calling as well but the guy was really nice after I calmly explained to him that my $10 cert. Was missing after my points posted and he just told me that it was no problem and added the points and an extra $5 for the inconvenience which I was not expecting. I hate when people go on long rants and start complaining as if it was that employees fault that the points didn't post. I used to work retail so I kinda know what it feels like to have people personally blame you for things not working like they should

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back