Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate to divert from the mystery of points posting but are there no xbone games left that can be preordered for the $10 in points? There were none out in the store so I thought there was a chance.

I just got through a phone call with them. I hate calling as well but the guy was really nice after I calmly explained to him that my $10 cert. Was missing after my points posted and he just told me that it was no problem and added the points and an extra $5 for the inconvenience which I was not expecting. I hate when people go on long rants and start complaining as if it was that employees fault that the points didn't post. I used to work retail so I kinda know what it feels like to have people personally blame you for things not working like they should
Dang, you must be a smooth talker! I just called and was told they usually post within 30 days, and it has only been 15. Ah well

For anyone else who picked up Ghosts on day one and want their $10 preorder bonus asap, just contact BB.  As I mentioned before, the terms state you should get it in 15 days (which was Wednesday).  I emailed them yesterday and got my $10 certificate today.  Now I just need to find something to spend it on....  :)

(I know I can edit my previous post, but I'm writing a new one to bump.)

They're gonna get e-mailed cause I didn't get mine for Ghosts yet.

Also, I think I got GC Unlocked for free. My account expired in September. I got the coupon to do the upgrade for $30. I never did it.

Today I traded in 5 games and got the 10% (the receipt also said GC Unlocked). I also bought 2k14 and it rang up as $48 after they rang my RZ card. I don't know how to check my status, but, I'm pretty sure they gave me it free. Hopefully for a long time.

They're gonna get e-mailed cause I didn't get mine for Ghosts yet.

Also, I think I got GC Unlocked for free. My account expired in September. I got the coupon to do the upgrade for $30. I never did it.

Today I traded in 5 games and got the 10% (the receipt also said GC Unlocked). I also bought 2k14 and it rang up as $48 after they rang my RZ card. I don't know how to check my status, but, I'm pretty sure they gave me it free. Hopefully for a long time.

Everyone who expired from May 1st onwards gets GCU till February.

FWIW, I now show 500 points pending on my Ghosts purchase.  It says "Victory Can be Preordered Bonus".  

BB is post-purchase price matching competitors during the holidays. The double dip returns?!

Is Best Buy currently running any Low Price Guarantee promotions?

Yes. Best Buy is running a Holiday Low Price Guarantee promotion. If you purchase an item from Best Buy on or after Nov 3, 2013 and then you find a lower price at Best Buy, a local retail competitor store, or on a product shipped from and sold by a major designated online retailer, we will match the price. The Holiday Low Price Guarantee promotion is in effect from 11/03/2013 to 11/27/2013 and from 12/3/2013 to 12/24/2013. All other Low Price Guarantee terms still apply.

BB is post-purchase price matching competitors during the holidays. The double dip returns?!
Was it ever gone... rebuy/return. They probably realized that this process was longer than just doing the straight up PM. Let's see if they reword their post January policy to include matching other competitors.

Wait, so could I go in and Price Match Ghosts and Knack from Amazon and get $20 back? Even though they were part of the B2G1 Target Price Match? Or is that not possible since I already PM'd Target? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

I would think if you already achieved a 40$ price match, then another 40$ PM would not work. But, if the Wal-Mart sale is still going on for the 49$ games you might be able to PM that. If it works how I think it will they should then charge you about 27$(plus tax)... Then you will have made off like a bandit. GOOD LUCK!

I would think if you already achieved a 40$ price match, then another 40$ PM would not work. But, if the Wal-Mart sale is still going on for the 49$ games you might be able to PM that. If it works how I think it will they should then charge you about 27$(plus tax)... Then you will have made off like a bandit. GOOD LUCK!
It's weird how they did it. They kept Ghosts at $59.99 and changed Knack and Killzone to $29.99 a piece. So I'm thinking I can at least PM Ghosts via Amazon and get $10 back!

I bought 3 PS4 games last week and the $25 certs have already cleared in mybestbuy account... I'm planning to return all three games as I bought the same games from Target last week... Will BB remove my certs or subtract my points if I return the three games?

I bought 3 PS4 games last week and the $25 certs have already cleared in mybestbuy account... I'm planning to return all three games as I bought the same games from Target last week... Will BB remove my certs or subtract my points if I return the three games?
yep, you will have negative points.

I didn't get it for Ghosts yet either. Who do I contact?

People at Best Buy are such morons. I don't see my purchase with my three XBOne games on same receipt on my points and purchases. They better give me my $25 cert or I will report and get that idiot fired who messed up.

Going to preorder Destiny, and Watch Dogs at some point. Want to wait a bit more because i'm not 100% committed to a PS4 next year. Can't pick between PS4 or Xbox one.

Can someone confirm that they got their points pending from PS4 & XB1 purchase?  I pre-order both systems in June... I'm not seeing my purchases listed as part of the History.

Can someone confirm that they got their points pending from PS4 & XB1 purchase? I pre-order both systems in June... I'm not seeing my purchases listed as part of the History.
Yes its tricky, I got my points but you have to look back in your purchase history to the day you preordered it. Its not credited as the most recent purchase instead it credited from the preorder date which for me was in September.

Also im still waiting for my $10 for BF4 for PS4 which I picked up on November 8th, 16 days ago. I heard it can take up to three weeks.

I didn't get it for Ghosts yet either. Who do I contact?

People at Best Buy are such morons. I don't see my purchase with my three XBOne games on same receipt on my points and purchases. They better give me my $25 cert or I will report and get that idiot fired who messed up.
Lately a lot of people have been missing bestbuy purchase transaction on their reward acct, myself included. Not sure what to do. I posted on the BBY forum but have not received any response.

I called My Best Buy this morning, and she posted my COD 360 preorder points to my account. Even though the website says 15 days from the date of purchase, it's more like 20 she said. However, she still posted the points.

Now it's waiting to see if I need to call about BF4 and/or Ryse not posting.

So yeah, just call and they should post the points. The website does say 15 days, and they would have to honor that no matter what imo

On 11/4/13 I pre-ordered Call of Duty: Ghosts for PS3 on bestbuy.com then picked it up in store on 11/5/13. I called Friday and she said she would add the points but the haven't showed up yet. So I called this morning and the said I don't get the 500 bonus points because I paid with a gift card. So I called again a little later the rep said it takes 30 days for bonus points to post. I told here the offer stated 15 days then eventually went with you paid with a gift card so you don't get 500 points for pre-ordering. I got my GTA 5 points 5 days after the release date when I paid with a gift card. Is anyone else having this issue with Best Buy? I sent them a nice calm email about not receiving my 500 points for pre-ordering and I am awaiting a response. 

nearly every single 1000 point bonus from last year did not show up. i had to call for over 5 of them. it was so frustrating. sometimes they said they fixed it and i had to call back a second time. youd think they would offer a little extra for causing me to take 15 minutes out of my day for something they should have working automatically.

although one of the final CS reps misunderstood me when i started trying to explain that it didnt work on most of them and proceeded to give me 1000 points for every game again, which ended up being an extra $120 because she didn't understand that I called each time like I plainly said.

dont even get me started on how many times I had to call for a few pre order codes too.

Ugh just want my $10, ill give it another week I guess but I got stuff to buy and I want to use it.....

For the people who got their Ghosts points, what system did you get?

I ordered it for the Xbox One and it's still not posted. Same with DR 3, BF4, and Madden.

When I did this with NBA 2k a while back for the 360, the points popped up the day of pick up.

When I picked up my 3-PS4 games, the $25 points also popped up the same day. I have yet to see the $25 for X1.

I pre-ordered Destiny at the Best Buy Store on Friday 11/22 and received my beta code yesterday by e-mail. Just give it 2 or 3 business days.

For the people who got their Ghosts points, what system did you get?

I ordered it for the Xbox One and it's still not posted. Same with DR 3, BF4, and Madden.

When I did this with NBA 2k a while back for the 360, the points popped up the day of pick up.

When I picked up my 3-PS4 games, the $25 points also popped up the same day. I have yet to see the $25 for X1.
I pre-ordered COD: Ghosts for PS3 the day before release and picked up on release date.

Sigh, there's probably 3 games on that current list I'd be interested in pre-ordering, but on PC.  And as always, PC is left out.  But with the immediate 20% and $10 cert, I'm not sure how long I can hold out....wait, I think I just figured out their ploy!

I'll give it maybe a week more and if anything I will call them
I'm in the same boat as you I preordered 3 XBOX ONE Games I already got the bonus 1250 points pending but no mention of the $10 preorder bonus for each game at all. Anyone preorder XBOX ONE games and already have those points pending?

I'm in the same boat as you I preordered 3 XBOX ONE Games I already got the bonus 1250 points pending but no mention of the $10 preorder bonus for each game at all. Anyone preorder XBOX ONE games and already have those points pending?
Did you buy the three games in one transaction? I bought 4 games and dont have the 1250 pts.

I don't have any of my bonus points pending. Not the $25 or the $10 for AC IV for my Xbox One games.

We are still in the 7 day window for BF4 right (X1)?  With it being $39.99 (with GCU) now I may have to pick that up. Wasn't planning on it but $39.99 with $10 back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back