Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
i guess i am the only guy here who is not into doom. i doubt i will be getting the game for the doom beta.
I loved the original Dooms on PC. But was never big on Wolfenstein. Watched some game play video (I think the one linked in this thread). Even with $20 back and the Doom Beta and the Panzerhud miniature I am going to pass. I have no desire to try and rush through it before Watch Dogs comes out.

I used up most of my BB credit picking up a 2DS this week anyway.

They need to add the UFC game & I would be a happy camper. Btw Wolfenstein is confirmed correct? Because, when I placed the preorder, it simply said it was the $10 promo (standard just like Watch Dogs). Thanks.

I got my Wolfenstein Pre-order in.  I used RZ certs to purchase.  For $48 GCU price, then $20 back = $28.  I should be able to trade back in for $35 or more.  Free DOOM beta and hopefully I get that toy thing for my son. 

I got my Wolfenstein Pre-order in. I used RZ certs to purchase. For $48 GCU price, then $20 back = $28. I should be able to trade back in for $35 or more. Free DOOM beta and hopefully I get that toy thing for my son.
Pretty sure they said on the forums that the figure is no longer available due to manufacturing issues.

yea they are not offering it no more that why it was removed from listings to
Someone brought up a good point on the forum. If they pulled it cause they can't produce more or just pulled the whole line. I'm not holding my breath, but that was a reason why I ordered it at BB.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Madden NFL 15

The Sims 4

Updated Op with the above new titles eligible for the Get $10 Reward Certificate offer. Best Buy has made a change to the promotion, PC titles are now eligible(including already announced games). Watch Dogs will also get a Midnight Launch at select Best Buy locations.
Can you update the op about the Panzerhund miniature that is isn't being offered no more by best buy and is no longer a preorder bonus.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Let-s-Talk-Games/Wolfenstein-The-New-Order-at-Best-Buy/td-p/800484/page/3

‎05-08-2014 09:20 AM

Hello ShoHayabusa,

I'm a pretty big fan of gaming-related collectibles too, so I can definitely see the appeal of this not-so-cute little critter! I can answer your question for you today.

We did need to remove this offer due to manufacturing issues. I am sorry for any disappointment this may cause. Thank you for pre-ordering with Best Buy, and thank you for being a My Best Buy member.

Sincerely,

blank.gif

blank.gif
Mike
blank.gif
|
blank.gif
Community Connector | Best Buy® Corporate

I got my Wolfenstein Pre-order in. I used RZ certs to purchase. For $48 GCU price, then $20 back = $28. I should be able to trade back in for $35 or more. Free DOOM beta and hopefully I get that toy thing for my son.

Pretty sure they said on the forums that the figure is no longer available due to manufacturing issues.

That is fucking bullshit. I just looked on the site and its not even on there anymore -_-

Is that statue really so big or complicated that they had to stop production?  Lol.  Are they retooling that factory to make more overpriced Beats headphones now that Apple bought them out?

Someone brought up a good point on the forum. If they pulled it cause they can't produce more or just pulled the whole line. I'm not holding my breath, but that was a reason why I ordered it at BB.
true but when I was younger I worked factories before and my brother still does as one the main ones at a factory. And when there a problem with a item on the line we would pull it completely. it would be very bad for business to ship a awful item or mangled/defective item more so then to not ship it. so it should include those who already ordered to will no longer receive it

Is that statue really so big or complicated that they had to stop production? Lol. Are they retooling that factory to make more overpriced Beats headphones now that Apple bought them out?
It was a toy. Probably no bigger than 2-3 inches. The statue is something different.

true but when I was younger I worked factories before and my brother still does as one the main ones at a factory. And when there a problem with a item on the line we would pull it completely. it would be very bad for business to ship a awful item or mangled/defective item more so then to not ship it. so it should include those who already ordered to will no longer receive it
Yeah, like I said, wasn't holding my breath. Blows. Really wanted it. Wonder what was so wrong with it. It looked like you pieced it together like the old, I think, Gradius ship from GameStop.

I doubt it was. If you look at it, it looks zoomed in and lowish quality
I'm happy my preorder isn't in store pickup. I was thinking of in store pickup just for the figure but closest best buy is 35 minutes away and figured by the time I was able to get to store the day after release they wouldn't have none anyhow. Look like I made the right decision then to ship to home

I'm happy my preorder isn't in store pickup. I was thinking of in store pickup just for the figure but closest best buy is 35 minutes away and figured by the time I was able to get to store the day after release they wouldn't have none anyhow. Look like I made the right decision then to ship to home
Yeah. You're better off.

The only redeeming quality, mind you I wanted the game either way, is the $20 gc.

Also, even with the 20% off with GCU, I'd prefer using my stored up Xbox credit. Plus it'd be a huge pain in the ass to download and install 47gb.

That is fucking bullshit. I just looked on the site and its not even on there anymore -_-
Calm down. Just drive through McDonalds on the way home after picking up your game and get a Happy Meal. From the looks of it, the random toy included in the Happy Meal will be comparable quality and size.

Nice, my wife will definitely have to have Sims 4 on release, so getting the $10 back in credit will definitely be appreciated there.  :)  Don't care about the other 2 new editions tho - still hoping for Dragon Age: Inquisition and The Evil Within (Bethesda published games seem to be getting the deal).

Calm down. Just drive through McDonalds on the way home after picking up your game and get a Happy Meal. From the looks of it, the random toy included in the Happy Meal will be comparable quality and size.
What is with people and jumping to conclusions? Im not that mad. Just cause someone curses, doesn't mean they're hype or actually raging. Nothing wrong with people being displeased with a collectible they wanted getting removed.

And I don't want a shitty Amazing Spoderman toy.

Can you update the op about the Panzerhund miniature that is isn't being offered no more by best buy and is no longer a preorder bonus.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Let-s-Talk-Games/Wolfenstein-The-New-Order-at-Best-Buy/td-p/800484/page/3

‎05-08-2014 09:20 AM

Hello ShoHayabusa,

I'm a pretty big fan of gaming-related collectibles too, so I can definitely see the appeal of this not-so-cute little critter! I can answer your question for you today.

We did need to remove this offer due to manufacturing issues. I am sorry for any disappointment this may cause. Thank you for pre-ordering with Best Buy, and thank you for being a My Best Buy member.

Sincerely,

blank.gif
blank.gif
Mike
blank.gif
|
blank.gif
Community Connector | Best Buy® Corporate
Thanks for the update didn't know that they taken away the Panzerhund miniature!!! I guess I wont do store pick-up then.

Best Buy should give out McDonald's coupons for one free Happy Meal.

I was semi considering picking this game up and putting it on EBay if there was any real interest in it.

From the looks of it, the random toy included in the Happy Meal will be comparable quality and size.
Seemed that way from the picture and description of "miniature".

Still getting it for $20 cert, figure was just bonus. Best Buy is doing a good job with this promo making me consider buying games I wouldn't normally consider getting on day 1 like Wolfenstein as well as $10 certs for popular games I would normally buy.

Updated op, thanks.

I'm starting to think the $20 certificate for Wolfenstein is a one time thing (Will not be considered for future titles). They probably just found out late last month that the toy was having manufacturing issues and will no longer be offered. So they bumped the $10 up to $20 for this title to make up for it.

So, what makes people qualified for $20 certificate? You just have to be a My Best Buy member? Not the GCU?
Yes. Any myBB member gets the $20 cert. The GCU gives 20% off the price in addition to the cert.

Updated op, thanks.

I'm starting to think the $20 certificate for Wolfenstein is a one time thing (Will not be considered for future titles). They probably just found out late last month that the toy was having manufacturing issues and will no longer be offered. So they bumped the $10 up to $20 for this title to make up for it.
I sorta doubt that. i do think they know they're going to have trouble selling this game at full price, and would rather get out ahead and actually sell some copies when it drops, rather than have everyone wait till it drops to clearance prices (which it will...and fast)

Man, just read about no figurine with Wolfenstein. Really pisses me off b/c I have an old pewter Doom pink monster that I got when I worked at EB Games long ago (I think its still sold online in a set) so I wanted to put this next to it..

I'm super excited for this game! I plan to have inFamous SS wrapped up by this Sunday to start on this one. Wolfenstein since I was 13 yo, even enjoyed the last outing on the 360. Me and a buddy did some awesome MP exploiting for achievements.

What's even crazier if you look at the ad scan on another site, the figure is pictured!! But, you can't go wrong with $28 launch day if you're GCU, figure or not. Fingers crossed that some made it across to stores and being there with the door opens nets you one!!

Back when kmart had a CAG rep here tons of people were all aboard the kmart coupon train.
Seems like deals pop up pretty frequently for SYWR members that I would probably take a closer look at if my local Kmarts weren't so trashy. They're worse than any Walmart I've ever been in. I'll take Best Buy $10 cert over Kmart $20 cert just to avoid the store.

Seems like deals pop up pretty frequently for SYWR members that I would probably take a closer look at if my local Kmarts weren't so trashy. They're worse than any Walmart I've ever been in. I'll take Best Buy $10 cert over Kmart $20 cert just to avoid the store.
I wasn`t aboard the coupon train b/c 60 pm meant $40 or less per game + the credit. If kmart offered giftcards vs the pts I could get BB to match so it would be better than the 20% off.

Hmmmm... increasing the pre-order bonus for Wolfenstein to $20 then removing the panzerhund pre-order bonus... They won't admit it but that is probably not a coincidence.

Hmmmm... increasing the pre-order bonus for Wolfenstein to $20 then removing the panzerhund pre-order bonus... They won't admit it but that is probably not a coincidence.
I doubt that has anything to do with it. More likely, they saw the game was not going to sell well so they upped it to a $20 cert.

except that both were active for a couple of weeks together while the panzerhund said "while supplies last"

that not it more then likely. cause everyone almost been $20 or more on that game.

• Best buy $20 pre order bonus
  • Kmart $20 Pre Order Bonus
  • Dell $25 Pre Order Bonus

I doubt that has anything to do with it. More likely, they saw the game was not going to sell well so they upped it to a $20 cert.
agee, more then likely the publisher issued a memo to retailers to offer more and offered the retailers some sort of incentive probably

except that both were active for a couple of weeks together while the panzerhund said "while supplies last"
Right and pulling it at this time would be great strategy. No one would whine since they're happy about getting the $20 anyway (like myself other than to observe the timing and marketing strategy, which I appreciate and am not criticizing as, like someone mentioned above, the figure looked cheap anyway) . I've worked in manufacturing and would be very surprised that they wouldn't know of a manufacturing problem until now. At this stage, a week before release, you'd think that any issue would be about distribution. But that $20 bonus got released around the right time... just an observation and if I were them, I'd probably do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back