Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to concerned with the delays, still have Destiny, Far Cry 4, both Assassins Creeds, Sunset Overdrive, Drive Club, Dying Light, COD AW, Forza Horizon 2, indies, and maybe some surprises from E3.  I think we'll be ok.

AA was delayed too & it was for the better would rather it meet expectations vs disappointment as such a good run. E3 will offer more to fill the void & hopefully BB will add some more $10 games in their place.

Just updating that my in-store pre-order of the Watch Dogs LE now has the 500 points pending, for those that were concerned that it wasn't showing up.

Yeah still nothing pending for me. Ill wait till it clears after 15 days and then call though.

I dont see a bonus 1000 points for using my Best Buy Credit card outside of Best Buy either.

Nothing about this game is going right for me. Warped base on statue, figure misplaced when glued, and game wont load passed 90%. fuckin game -_-

Over the last few hours my 500 WD points posted as pending. We'll see how long it takes to get them. Technically today is day 16 on my Wolfenstein, so yeah.

I believe no, unfortunately the certificates are tied to the account. If you haven't redeemed the certificate yet and just have points in one account you can always ask a mod on Best Buy's forums to merge your accounts. Just be warned, if they do this it will automatically reset your preferences on when to redeem certificates. I have mine set to bank and when I had an account merge a while back it set them to automatically release certificates so I had to call and get those voided and then wait two weeks for the points to come back (after a very helpful rep pushed them through when they didn't get applied the first time).
I am BB Elite and have my points set to bank. I have 500 points pending for the Watch Dog preorder. In the past they would automatically issue me a $10 cert (I was not set to bank). With a pre order will they just issue me a $10 Cert when the points clear or can I bank these points as well. Either way not a big deal but I would rather bank these for a few more weeks if I can. If not I will put it down on whatever $10 pre order I want to pick up that is coming out next.

Not to concerned with the delays, still have Destiny, Far Cry 4, both Assassins Creeds, Sunset Overdrive, Drive Club, Dying Light, COD AW, Forza Horizon 2, indies, and maybe some surprises from E3. I think we'll be ok.
You're going to pick up AW after Ghosts? IMO it was terrible.

Also does anyone know how to get your points threshold higher?

It's stuck at issuing me $20 certs.

AW at least has a slightly interesting aesthetic, and the developers aren't the same as for Ghosts, so there's a bit of hope there.

AW is being made by a different dev team than the dolts that made Ghosts. I'm getting AW mainly for the campaign right now. Will reserve judgment on multiplayer until I learn more about it.

$20 is the max for most people. The only way to increase your threshold for certs is to earn a ton of points all at once (they issued me a $25 cert one time because all those points posted at once) OR get Elite status which allows you to bank your points.

AW is being made by a different dev team than the dolts that made Ghosts. I'm getting AW mainly for the campaign right now. Will reserve judgment on multiplayer until I learn more about it.

$20 is the max for most people. The only way to increase your threshold for certs is to earn a ton of points all at once (they issued me a $25 cert one time because all those points posted at once) OR get Elite status which allows you to bank your points.
That's what happened.

I lost my temp elite status so I can't bank points anymore.

I am BB Elite and have my points set to bank. I have 500 points pending for the Watch Dog preorder. In the past they would automatically issue me a $10 cert (I was not set to bank). With a pre order will they just issue me a $10 Cert when the points clear or can I bank these points as well. Either way not a big deal but I would rather bank these for a few more weeks if I can. If not I will put it down on whatever $10 pre order I want to pick up that is coming out next.
You still bank the points .

That's what happened.

I lost my temp elite status so I can't bank points anymore.
Next week you can get an easy/cheap boost back to elite plus depending on how far you`re currently away. CVS has $500 load limit fee free Amex cards 6/8-6/14.

1- Buy 5 $200 BB visa`s for $1029.75($29.75 in fees)
2- Use the BB visa`s to get two $500 Amex cards
3- Use the 2 Amex cards to get 5 more BB visa`s
4- Use the BB visa`s to get 2 more Amex cards
That`s $2060/$3500 need for elite plus
So basically $30 in fees per $1000 towards elite plus except you earn $20 mybb credit each $1000. If you`re elite or elite plus you`re already earning 10% or 25% on the purchases too. So the $5.95 fee is really just $0.95 per $200 card. Do this to maintain your elite plus going forward. And make sure you end with the credit on the amex cards not the BB visa`s since you WILL NOT earn pts on purchases made in BB with the visa`s they act just like giftcards.

Next week you can get an easy/cheap boost back to elite plus depending on how far you`re currently away. CVS has $500 load limit fee free Amex cards 6/8-6/14.

1- Buy 5 $200 BB visa`s for $1029.75($29.75 in fees)
2- Use the BB visa`s to get two $500 Amex cards
3- Use the 2 Amex cards to get 5 more BB visa`s
4- Use the BB visa`s to get 2 more Amex cards
That`s $2060/$3500 need for elite plus
So basically $30 in fees per $1000 towards elite plus except you earn $20 mybb credit each $1000. If you`re elite or elite plus you`re already earning 10% or 25% on the purchases too. So the $5.95 fee is really just $0.95 per $200 card. Do this to maintain your elite plus going forward. And make sure you end with the credit on the amex cards not the BB visa`s since you WILL NOT earn pts on purchases made in BB with the visa`s they act just like giftcards.
Thanks for that, but I'm not in that much of a hurry for them. The cool thing about my Costco Amex is that I have a $0 fee on prepaid Amex cards.

I'm getting worried that Borderlands may not get added to this list.  We have an official release date now which is much sooner than many listed here.

I'm getting worried that Borderlands may not get added to this list. We have an official release date now which is much sooner than many listed here.
Wait until after E3--Best Buy may be waiting until more announcements are made so they can add more games at once.

Wait until after E3--Best Buy may be waiting until more announcements are made so they can add more games at once.
Maybe they plan to do a marketing push after or during E3 for the Unlocked program. It just still seems odd since Borderlands was announced before some others on the list like Far Cry 4.

I'm getting worried that Borderlands may not get added to this list. We have an official release date now which is much sooner than many listed here.
Uh you don't mean the Pre-Sequel do you? As in the last-gen only, not made by the main entry studio team, spinoff, kinda was almost a DLC expansion? It seems a bit too low tier for the promo to me. It's just not really a Borderlands full AAA entry and isn't coming for the current gen. The promo is usually for AAA hopeful titles.

This screams Borderlands fan material and it's doubtful they expect it to outsell Borderlands 2, but surely they will be pushing for Borderlands 3 itself, which will likely be made by the main studio who made the first two, to be a AAA sequel that ups their record numbers.

This is the kind of game I wouldn't expect to be on the promo, not that it's a sure "no," however.

Uh you don't mean the Pre-Sequel do you? As in the last-gen only, not made by the main entry studio team, spinoff, kinda was almost a DLC expansion? It seems a bit too low tier for the promo to me. It's just not really a Borderlands full AAA entry and isn't coming for the current gen. The promo is usually for AAA hopeful titles.

This screams Borderlands fan material and it's doubtful they expect it to outsell Borderlands 2, but surely they will be pushing for Borderlands 3 itself, which will likely be made by the main studio who made the first two, to be a AAA sequel that ups their record numbers.

This is the kind of game I wouldn't expect to be on the promo, not that it's a sure "no," however.
exactly I doubt any game will be added unless it on at least one next gen system which borderland prequel is not

i got my watch dogs points today BUT my wolfenstein points dissapeared i was at 1400 and then my points when to 664 some how loosing quite a few points... what the hell?

Still nothing, called in, after about 15  minutes, the very helpful CS rep resolved it and it is pending now.

Hoping TLOU remastered comes out soon,I will apply it to that

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back