Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, sorry, a little bit late in responding to this. Will try to knock out as many of the questions/comments/concerns here as possible:

1. You are correct. A standard value is not the same as a promotion like the one you mentioned on Last of Us. Understand what you are saying. All I can say is other things you have mentioned come in to play here as well. There are reasons why those types of offers don't end up happening. And didn't the guy who did that one just come out and say they aren't going to do offers like that anymore? Hmmmm..... Madden seemed to drive a good amount of excitement. Just might see more of these types of deals in the future.

2. On which games end up in the $10 preorder promo. No comment but you guys are pretty wise. I love J-RPGs as much as the next guy, ok sorry, no I don't, just kidding, there is a common theme of pretty much all games that are in the promo. They are all pretty much really big games for the most part. Lots of coverage of them all over the place. Put "too many" titles in this and the focus needed gets watered down a bit.

Using your GCU discount is what we have for the "smaller" games for the most part. For now. Your requests for titles outside the "big ones" noted.

3. Get what you're saying on more exclusive offers. That's definitely being thought about. I've seen the requests for more exclusive very specific types of offers. The #1 thing is being able to execute these easily when you are trying to get the deals. With all of the challenges you all have encountered in just trying to get what was advertised/promoted, I think you'll agree that things need to for sure work without having to call customer service. For now, that limits what can be done. I remember the "5 get $100" deal. Pretty solid value but incredibly hard on the execution side. That's the reason you haven't seen something like that again. We have to work within the systems we have and change just doesn't happen as quickly as we'd like. Continuing to fight the fight on a lot of things that I am sure make you all scratch your head when you think it would be an easy fix.

I know you already know it but always keep in mind pretty much everything that goes out there is always plussed up by being in GCU with the 20% discount.

4. Returned games counting toward GCU limits. Going to need to do more digging here and confirm where it is posted but the math I posted is the correct math. I know the terms and conditions of the program are on the website. More of the policy type questions aren't covered there though but were on the forum FAQs. Thinking getting these all in one location would help a lot. Will work on that.

5. What would you think about a community site just for Best Buy gaming stuff as an idea? Place to post questions and get them answered, talk about games in general, etc. Or is the coverage you see today on the ideaX forums sufficient?

Thank you for all the feedback and ideas. They are greatly appreciated!
i would like a community site for bestbuy gaming stuff

How fucking cool would it be if we could get some goddamn Wii U and 3DS games on this list for a change.

I realize 3DS games shouldn't have a bonus of $10, but I'd be cool with $5.

2. On which games end up in the $10 preorder promo. No comment but you guys are pretty wise. I love J-RPGs as much as the next guy, ok sorry, no I don't, just kidding, there is a common theme of pretty much all games that are in the promo. They are all pretty much really big games for the most part. Lots of coverage of them all over the place. Put "too many" titles in this and the focus needed gets watered down a bit.
LittleBigPlanet 3 is a pretty big release. It seems to be it would be a much bigger release than something like Dying light, Elder Scrolls Online, and the GTA V port if not a few of the others as well.

In any case, I know I'm just 1 person, but Best Buy is losing a sale from me on that specifically by having all these promos for other games but not for that. Ironically, had this whole $10 thing not been in place, I might have been more open to preordering LBP 3 there.

And yeah, Super Smash Bros. is a pretty freaking huge release too. Though I could see perhaps Nintendo not playing nice with that sort of promo.

LittleBigPlanet 3 is a pretty big release. It seems to be it would be a much bigger release than something like Dying light, Elder Scrolls Online, and the GTA V port if not a few of the others as well.

In any case, I know I'm just 1 person, but Best Buy is losing a sale from me on that specifically by having all these promos for other games but not for that. Ironically, had this whole $10 thing not been in place, I might have been more open to preordering LBP 3 there.

And yeah, Super Smash Bros. is a pretty freaking huge release too. Though I could see perhaps Nintendo not playing nice with that sort of promo.
I would LOVE if LBP3 got a bonus cert or a $10 gift card deal like Metro Redux.

LBP3 is in no way a bigger release than GTAV, regardless of that being a remastered version. It will sell far less than GTAV.

LBP3 is in no way a bigger release than GTAV, regardless of that being a remastered version. It will sell far less than GTAV.
The original, sure - are people really all that excited for the remastered version though? Maybe so - it is just so far out of my interest I can't imagine it ;).

Regardless, LBP3 is not some obscure JRPG. It is at least equivalent to a few of those titles on the list.

dc delta, i am talking about more $10 gift card offers like natural doctrine. or did you guys just pm'ed amazon for the first time. lol

NAtURAL DOCtRINE - PlayStation 3
They did it for Bound By Flame too. I like the gift cards better than $10 certs. I use nothing but gift cards at BB so I like it better that way. I'm not complaning though, I'll take $10 back no matter what way its given lol

Anyone knows how long the $10 GC promo for Metro Redux will last?

GC is better than RC because of the expiration date. RC will expire after 90 days. Not really a problem until you wanna stack those RC for another game. For example, I like to use the RC for Destiny and FC4 to buy Dying Light, and as you can see, that's cutting pretty close to the expiration date.

Anyway, the $10 preorder RC is good, making it GC will be even better.

GC is better than RC because of the expiration date. RC will expire after 90 days. Not really a problem until you wanna stack those RC for another game. For example, I like to use the RC for Destiny and FC4 to buy Dying Light, and as you can see, that's cutting pretty close to the expiration date.

Through Saturday (8/30) because it's in the weekly ad.

it clearly says on the weekly ad, it is for this week only. so that would be tomorrow

Hi everyone, sorry, a little bit late in responding to this. Will try to knock out as many of the questions/comments/concerns here as possible:

1. You are correct. A standard value is not the same as a promotion like the one you mentioned on Last of Us. Understand what you are saying. All I can say is other things you have mentioned come in to play here as well. There are reasons why those types of offers don't end up happening. And didn't the guy who did that one just come out and say they aren't going to do offers like that anymore? Hmmmm..... Madden seemed to drive a good amount of excitement. Just might see more of these types of deals in the future.

Using your GCU discount is what we have for the "smaller" games for the most part. For now. Your requests for titles outside the "big ones" noted.

3. Get what you're saying on more exclusive offers. That's definitely being thought about. I've seen the requests for more exclusive very specific types of offers. The #1 thing is being able to execute these easily when you are trying to get the deals. With all of the challenges you all have encountered in just trying to get what was advertised/promoted, I think you'll agree that things need to for sure work without having to call customer service. For now, that limits what can be done. I remember the "5 get $100" deal. Pretty solid value but incredibly hard on the execution side. That's the reason you haven't seen something like that again. We have to work within the systems we have and change just doesn't happen as quickly as we'd like. Continuing to fight the fight on a lot of things that I am sure make you all scratch your head when you think it would be an easy fix.

I know you already know it but always keep in mind pretty much everything that goes out there is always plussed up by being in GCU with the 20% discount.

4. Returned games counting toward GCU limits. Going to need to do more digging here and confirm where it is posted but the math I posted is the correct math. I know the terms and conditions of the program are on the website. More of the policy type questions aren't covered there though but were on the forum FAQs. Thinking getting these all in one location would help a lot. Will work on that.

5. What would you think about a community site just for Best Buy gaming stuff as an idea? Place to post questions and get them answered, talk about games in general, etc. Or is the coverage you see today on the ideaX forums sufficient?

I'm new to GCU, but not Best Buy. Have read a couple of your posts and like the fact you communicate w/ actual veteran members and appreciate the responses. It helps to know that BB is not completely in the dark and there are actually legitimate reasons behind certain decisions.

Having done the Madden deal (which took 30 minutes and store manager), I DEFINITELY see and completely agree w/ what you're saying in regards to ease of applicability for deals on both the CSR & customer sides, and especially the limitations due to "the system". it's a PITA TBH, and if certain promotion brings in X amount but ends up costing BB Y amount of dollars in employee resources, the cost benefit is not worthwhile on your end. It all boils down to ROI.

I'm a few years older than you (judging by your name, I assume you're 24), and starting to get to that point where time = money, and have to think if the nuisance and hassle of certain deals is worth all the required work that is put in. It is good to see BB has a young, smart, tech-savvy employee behind the scenes that has the interpersonal skills (helps to be a gamer, too) & empathy to understand what it is like to be in the customer's shoes. I can not tell you how many companies I see that have older, executive types that are typical baby-boomers:

-stubborn,

-unadaptable

-lack of technological competence

-resistant to change

It drives me CRAZY and IMO is one of the primary reasons businesses like Kodak, Blockbuster, Sears to name a few have failed or are clearly lagging their competitors. The following two are maybe to a lesser extent or at least more subjective, but that is Sony & Microsoft. Sony to me is only a contender because of their history; shit, look at the DS3, same design since 1997. They're gonna milk there existing user base, but if they were never around and thrown into the fire present day, I don't think they would survive. Microsoft completely whiffed & missed the mobile boat; hopefully that will change since Ballmer is now gone but they really missed a golden opportunity. Anyway, end of rant. Keep up the good work.

Reading some of you guys posting about pending points for madden 15 already has me wondering if I did something wrong.

Through Saturday (8/30) because it's in the weekly ad.
it clearly says on the weekly ad, it is for this week only. so that would be tomorrow
Thanks. Didn't know it was on the ad. Guess I'll have to order it now to get in on the deal.

Reading some of you guys posting about pending points for madden 15 already has me wondering if I did something wrong.
You shouldn't worry about unless it doesn't show up in 15 days. Even then, going to BBY forum and ask for help is quick and painless. I got many MBB point problems solved quickly that way. IMO, BBY forum is better than their phone CS or instant chat CS.

But yeah, LBP 3 I would preorder in a heartbeat at Best Buy if it had the $10 promo. Without that, I may go with Gamestop since I have so much more credit there that the $12 difference with GCU makes it roughly even.
Why not do a simple credit move to BB? Haven`t checked today but if you have ~$210-$215 in gc credit you could be 6 games(the same 2 just 3 copies of each) netting at least $10 profit per set. Then w/GCU LBP becomes ~$32 cheaper on day 1 & you have a nice chunk of leftover credit @ BB for the holidays.

Pretty much exactly what I expected, but just another confirmation that Best Buy will only hand out one $10 preorder bonus across all platforms of a title.
The only time ppl in mass recieved 2 $10 pre-order credits is when a system error didn`t post them after 15 days. People called & got manual adjustments or pts added, then when the system was fixed it also provided then 2nd $10. Very few ppl had the 2nd one rmoved by bb.

I'll ask here, bought visa gift cards at BB. Does anybody know if I used them to get the destiny bundle will I still get rz points and have that purchase count towards elite.
If you paid cash/credit/debit for the VGC you WILL earn MBB pts on that purchase. You will NOT recieve pts when actually using the VGC in BB to buy the PS4. No double dip that way. You must convert the VGC into another form of payment then use that at BB to get MBB pts on the PS4.

Enuf said:
Why not do a simple credit move to BB? Haven`t checked today but if you have ~$210-$215 in gc credit you could be 6 games(the same 2 just 3 copies of each) netting at least $10 profit per set. Then w/GCU LBP becomes ~$32 cheaper on day 1 & you have a nice chunk of leftover credit @ BB for the holidays.
I've just started doing that and will use that credit on NBA 2K15 if I get it. It is never as easy for me as it seems to be for others though. But I won't get LBP 3 at BBY on principle if they don't add the $10 bonus...

YBX87 said:
Yeah, I read that and will be getting some stuff at GS tomorrow. The problem is, except for the cheap stuff where it doesn't matter, only using one 20% coupon at a time means one or two games per trip (if I stop at two GS stores). Yeah - I don't have one of these stores that will let me abuse the hell out of the 20% (not that I know for sure but I'd feel super-awkward asking about it). I feel like I've overused it already having used it two times in the last week. I can't make multiple trips per week for this stuff and I've already been out twice to GS/Target/Best Buy this week. I'm falling behind on work and the next two weeks are super busy for me!

Yeah, I read that and will be getting some stuff at GS tomorrow. The problem is, except for the cheap stuff where it doesn't matter, only using one 20% coupon at a time means one or two games per trip (if I stop at two GS stores). Yeah - I don't have one of these stores that will let me abuse the hell out of the 20% (not that I know for sure but I'd feel super-awkward asking about it). I feel like I've overused it already having used it two times in the last week. I can't make multiple trips per week for this stuff and I've already been out twice to GS/Target/Best Buy this week. I'm falling behind on work and the next two weeks are super busy for me!
also make sure you get this if you are planning to make a trip to gs http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334887-gamestop-coupon-for-5-off-by-downloading-tyrant-unleashed/

I've just started doing that and will use that credit on NBA 2K15 if I get it. It is never as easy for me as it seems to be for others though. But I won't get LBP 3 at BBY on principle if they don't add the $10 bonus...
You don`t need to use the b-day coupon just the b2g1 for PUR renewal 2x. Even after spending the $30 on 2 of those you still see ~$9-$10 profit per set and the games are super popular so not hard to find 6 @ 1 store.

I don`t care about the principal of buying it BB I care more much more about GCU making it $47.99 followed by the profit reducing another $18-$20 off that. LBP3 won`t be cheaper than $30 on black friday and you`re getting it for about that one day 1 with the ability to trade in for $40+ by years end & rebuy for $30 or less again probably within 2-4 weeks of the trade.

I`m all about being paid to play, cheapest OOP option and overall best deal...when I can get all 3 at BB I`m there if not elsewhere. I`m loyal to BB as they offer the easiest ways to play cheap so they get 95% of my money the other 5% goes to whoever has the best deal that I can`t match at BB.

1- Heck yeah I`m all for coupons in fact the madden offer is like the ideax where you get coupons for reaching certain trade in milestones/amounts except it`s targeted. You can even profit off coupons by selling them to customers for MBB pts like GS does too. Plus with a coupon no other retailer can match thus locked in BB purchases.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/3519?device-view=desktop

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Offer-Steal-of-the-Week-Promotional-Gaming-Coupons-to-Gamer-s/idi-p/842727#M5730

1A- Who`s idea was it to increase GCU from $15 to $120 but DOWNGRADE the welcome kit coupons? How bout some hey GCU is the $hit, you just paid $120 for it so here`s some coupons to entice you to spend another $100-$300 more ASAP. With the right coupons you could get people to buy GCU @ $120 vs $60.

2- When it comes to the 20% discount, I`m ok with NOT getting it on certain offers. Like SSB on Wii-U/3DS, if there was a discount deal on purchasing both together on release I`d take that since there`s no $10 cert and GCU offer. Just make sure we`re saving slightly more than 20% off both serparately and we`re good.

3- Aww the system...You guys need a system upgrade but I certainly don`t want you to have to pay for it. With the Samsung/Apple areas in store kinda surprised you`ll didn`t go the "BB stores now powered by____" aka whichever store offered the most bank. And that 5-10 yr deal would subsidize the upgrades.

4-BestBuyGamer`sClub.com great idea I actually suggested a similar idea thru the forums a long time ago.
All things GC/GCU in one place, have banner ads for revenue and use these banners a barginning chips with sponsers for game deals. Thru a CAG joint venture you could generate quite of bit of web traffic.

Side notes to #4
Sell GCU thru BB.com, if it`s a tech issue I`m baffled. How can you sell PSN/XB1 cards thru bb.com but not GCU. Someone create a GCU SKU and reps manually adjust accounts for $120 each I wouldn`t turn anyone away. It`s "under review" so that`s major progress. http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/idb-p/IdeaX/status-key/UnderReview

Have GCU pullout sections in the weekly ads, sell the space when possible, create more visibility for the GC brand and showcase the actual dollar savings the way GS does. Actually say "$59.99 MSRP but GCU member pay $47.99" this reverse sticker shock will certainly make the average person research GCU.

I bought metro redux today and used the movers coupon. I have gcu but when I got home I noticed I didn't get %20 off. I was in a hurry and didn't notice in store but I did give my phone#. What's the best course of action to take? Return or contact csr/forum?

I bought metro redux today and used the movers coupon. I have gcu but when I got home I noticed I didn't get %20 off. I was in a hurry and didn't notice in store but I did give my phone#. What's the best course of action to take? Return or contact csr/forum?
Return/rebuy, make sure the GCU prompt pops up when then scan your card or enter your pone # if it doesn`t neither will the discount. May take 2-3 attempts just watch their screen for the pop up box. Make sure you have the gc too

Well I put down all of my preorders for the foreseeable future.  With GCU of course.

Destiny PS4

Unity PC

Halo 5

Halo MCC

Smash Bros. Bundle

Got them all for a total of $14 thanks to the trade in deal.

Now for a question:

If I want to use the Movers coupon on any of said items at pick up (i did in store pickup), I realize I will probably have to use the return/rebuy method.  However, will this mess up the reward zone certificate?  If that's the case, I'll probably use some extra credit and buy Bayonetta 2 at release since it doesn't come with a reward cert.

Off topic but this seems to be the most active Best Buy thread so I will ask and hope for the best.

If I pre-order two copies of a game with a pre-order bonus like NHL 15 will I get only one bonus or two?

Well I put down all of my preorders for the foreseeable future. With GCU of course.
Destiny PS4
Unity PC
Halo 5
Halo MCC
Smash Bros. Bundle

Got them all for a total of $14 thanks to the trade in deal.

Now for a question:
If I want to use the Movers coupon on any of said items at pick up (i did in store pickup), I realize I will probably have to use the return/rebuy method. However, will this mess up the reward zone certificate? If that's the case, I'll probably use some extra credit and buy Bayonetta 2 at release since it doesn't come with a reward cert.
if the item is returned it will void the pre order $10 bonus

Off topic but this seems to be the most active Best Buy thread so I will ask and hope for the best.

If I pre-order two copies of a game with a pre-order bonus like NHL 15 will I get only one bonus or two?
only one $10 certificate per title even if you mix and match platforms it would still be only one $10 certificate

As I thought. Shucks. Can't use movers coupon on preorders then if it has a bonus.
Return the preorder, do a new preorder, but don't pay in full this time. When you pick it up, use the movers coupon.

I just preordered the Destiny PS4 bundle today and plan to use the movers coupon on it. Great deal and getting the $10 certificate for it as well.

Have GCU pullout sections in the weekly ads, sell the space when possible, create more visibility for the GC brand and showcase the actual dollar savings the way GS does. Actually say "$59.99 MSRP but GCU member pay $47.99" this reverse sticker shock will certainly make the average person research GCU.
This might not mean much, but I noticed from the ad scans for next week that the games listed have "Unlocked Price $__.99" underneath them.

only one $10 certificate per title even if you mix and match platforms it would still be only one $10 certificate
No not asking about the bonus $10 certificate for preordering I am talking about an actual preorder bonus. Like extra DLC, weapons, character skins, or in game currency etc.

if the item is returned it will void the pre order $10 bonus
Nope, he`s cool on the return/rebuy as long as it`s complete during release week. The pre-order requirement would already be fulfilled the only other requirement is buying during release week. He gotta have everything linked thru MBB though.

This might not mean much, but I noticed from the ad scans for next week that the games listed have "Unlocked Price $__.99" underneath them.
They acted pretty fast on it, it was pointed out several months ago when GS did it so that`s good.

No not asking about the bonus $10 certificate for preordering I am talking about an actual preorder bonus. Like extra DLC, weapons, character skins, or in game currency etc.
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think they have a limit for the actual pre-order bonuses. You can make a thread on the Best Buy forums to get a better answer from the mods(You probably won't get a response until Tuesday due to Monday being Labor Day).

I've been sick all week and couldn't get to Best Buy until today to pickup my PS4 Madden 15 Ultimate Edition. Surprise, they don't have any copies. I did the pre-order from the kiosk a few weeks ago after I got the $10 off upgrade coupon so it needed to be used in store. They spent almost 30 minutes scouring the back because their system said they had 2 in stock but nothing cold be found. They even called the other store and they had 2 copies that were already on reserve.

Thankfully the manager gave me $10 off the regular PS4 version which made up for losing the pre-order $10 reward points bonus and I was able to use the upgrade coupon. I would have preferred the Ultimate Edition but getting $10 off now was a fair trade.

This will be the last time I use the kiosk for pre-orders. I've never had any issues with online pre-order for in-store pickup or shipping so I will continue to go that route even if there are future in-store only coupons. Just not worth the hassle.

The Master Chief Collection isn't on the list. Is it not live yet for the $10 reward?

So I pre-ordered Sunset Overdrive and Assassins Creed Unity at Best Buy using $55 worth of Rewards Points thinking they come out on the same day and there is no way either will get delayed.

Then Unity got delayed...

Thats fine, I'm all for them realizing they need a couple more weeks with the game to polish it up but does that mean I won't be able to pick up Sunset Overdrive until Unity comes out? I can't really cancel and re-order because my RZ certificates would've expired by now.

I see a painful call with Best Buy CS in my future. :wall:

So I pre-ordered Sunset Overdrive and Assassins Creed Unity at Best Buy using $55 worth of Rewards Points thinking they come out on the same day and there is no way either will get delayed.

Then Unity got delayed...

Thats fine, I'm all for them realizing they need a couple more weeks with the game to polish it up but does that mean I won't be able to pick up Sunset Overdrive until Unity comes out? I can't really cancel and re-order because my RZ certificates would've expired by now.

I see a painful call with Best Buy CS in my future. :wall:

You won't have to do anything. You'll get an email to pick up sunset when it's ready and then another when Assassin's creed is ready. I've preordered a few games with different release dates on the same order before and I've never had an issue.

You won't have to do anything. You'll get an email to pick up sunset when it's ready and then another when Assassin's creed is ready. I've preordered a few games with different release dates on the same order before and I've never had an issue.
Really? Awesome, thanks for the reply!

Really? Awesome, thanks for the reply!
You're welcome. I preordered ground zeroes and Link between worlds and both games were ready for me on their respective release dates.

On a side note: I'll admit that best buy customer service can be extremely frustrating on the phone at times but they always fix any issues that arise.

You're welcome. I preordered ground zeroes and Link between worlds and both games were ready for me on their respective release dates.

On a side note: I'll admit that best buy customer service can be extremely frustrating on the phone at times but they always fix any issues that arise.
Yea hopefully my case is just an isolated incident, I've had a case open since June 23rd. =/

I called them for the umpteenth time yesterday and they said its going to be another 7-10 business days, which is what they tell me everytime I call...

Depends on your method of preorder.

If it is an online preorder, you will only receive up to one preorder bonus per order regardless of quantity. So in that case, I would advise you to place two separate orders.

If it is in-store, the receipt will provide both bonuses assuming you complete both preorders that were on the same preorder receipt.

I've been sick all week and couldn't get to Best Buy until today to pickup my PS4 Madden 15 Ultimate Edition. Surprise, they don't have any copies. I did the pre-order from the kiosk a few weeks ago after I got the $10 off upgrade coupon so it needed to be used in store. They spent almost 30 minutes scouring the back because their system said they had 2 in stock but nothing cold be found. They even called the other store and they had 2 copies that were already on reserve.

Thankfully the manager gave me $10 off the regular PS4 version which made up for losing the pre-order $10 reward points bonus and I was able to use the upgrade coupon. I would have preferred the Ultimate Edition but getting $10 off now was a fair trade.

This will be the last time I use the kiosk for pre-orders. I've never had any issues with online pre-order for in-store pickup or shipping so I will continue to go that route even if there are future in-store only coupons. Just not worth the hassle.

Most likely they grabbed a Ultimate version for someone picking up the standard edition. Several people here said that they were given FREE upgrades when the clerks grabbed the wrong copy thinking they were all the same thing.

Most likely they grabbed a Ultimate version for someone picking up the standard edition. Several people here said that they were given FREE upgrades when the clerks grabbed the wrong copy thinking they were all the same thing.
more then likely cause when I picked mine up there was just a big pile both standard and ultimate mixed together in a stack inside the cage with no papers on them and at first they grabbed a standard edition then a ultimate one which is what I ordered

Does anyone know why in the bestbuy gaming app under offers it said $10 cert for pre-ordering (the select titles in op) and it had an expiration of 08/31. I made sure I did all my pre-orders today but found that really strange. Its most likely not the case but was wondering if someone knew if today was the last day to lock in the $10 certs for all these games or not.

The last day is the monday @ closing before the Tues release of each in game in-store & up until they remove the "pre-order" designation online. Online can screw u if you wait till the last minute though.
The app is bleh

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back