Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The last day is the monday @ closing before the Tues release of each in game in-store & up until they remove the "pre-order" designation online. Online can screw u if you wait till the last minute though.
The app is bleh
I already have a destiny pre-ordered so its no biggie but my friend tried pre-ordering destiny last night and they told him the system wont allow it to go through being to close to release date. I thought the cut off was a day or 2 before the game release but maybe its different with high demand games or they changed it all together. I know this is a completely different issue but just something to keep in mind. (Do all your pre-order ish well ahead of time basically....)

^

***This only matters if you prefer instore pre-orders

Not sure if this is the right thread, but does anyone know if you could apply RZ certificates to a preorder that was made months ago? 

Not sure if this is the right thread, but does anyone know if you could apply RZ certificates to a preorder that was made months ago?
I think certificates can only be used at the time of purchase. Can't be used at all towards putting money down on a pre-order. However if you put $5 down, you can pay the rest with certs when purchasing.

You can definitely use RZs on a pre-order made online.  Never tried it in store, but you are probably right about that.  

You'd have to contact customer service/sales to try and modify an existing order, the only thing you can do online is cancel individual items from pre-orders.  Most of the time the reps will tell you to cancel the pre-order and make a new one, its apparently really hard to make any changes to an order even for a customer service person.  They CAN do it, or at least change addresses or use a new credit card, but I guess requires manager level or something so its quite rare.

Do any bestbuy employees know roughly how many Tshirts they'll have for the destiny preorder pickup? I preordered at gamestop with credit, but I really want the shirt

LittleBigPlanet 3 is a pretty big release. It seems to be it would be a much bigger release than something like Dying light, Elder Scrolls Online, and the GTA V port if not a few of the others as well.

In any case, I know I'm just 1 person, but Best Buy is losing a sale from me on that specifically by having all these promos for other games but not for that. Ironically, had this whole $10 thing not been in place, I might have been more open to preordering LBP 3 there.

And yeah, Super Smash Bros. is a pretty freaking huge release too. Though I could see perhaps Nintendo not playing nice with that sort of promo.
Agree, LBP3 is a pretty big release. Again, I'll say the group is pretty wise as to why some titles are included and others are not.

Keep an eye on LBP3. The $10 promo isn't the only promo that can come up on games.

On Super Smash, same comment as for LBP3.

I'm new to GCU, but not Best Buy. Have read a couple of your posts and like the fact you communicate w/ actual veteran members and appreciate the responses. It helps to know that BB is not completely in the dark and there are actually legitimate reasons behind certain decisions.

Having done the Madden deal (which took 30 minutes and store manager), I DEFINITELY see and completely agree w/ what you're saying in regards to ease of applicability for deals on both the CSR & customer sides, and especially the limitations due to "the system". it's a PITA TBH, and if certain promotion brings in X amount but ends up costing BB Y amount of dollars in employee resources, the cost benefit is not worthwhile on your end. It all boils down to ROI.

I'm a few years older than you (judging by your name, I assume you're 24), and starting to get to that point where time = money, and have to think if the nuisance and hassle of certain deals is worth all the required work that is put in. It is good to see BB has a young, smart, tech-savvy employee behind the scenes that has the interpersonal skills (helps to be a gamer, too) & empathy to understand what it is like to be in the customer's shoes. I can not tell you how many companies I see that have older, executive types that are typical baby-boomers:

-stubborn,

-unadaptable

-lack of technological competence

-resistant to change

It drives me CRAZY and IMO is one of the primary reasons businesses like Kodak, Blockbuster, Sears to name a few have failed or are clearly lagging their competitors. The following two are maybe to a lesser extent or at least more subjective, but that is Sony & Microsoft. Sony to me is only a contender because of their history; shit, look at the DS3, same design since 1997. They're gonna milk there existing user base, but if they were never around and thrown into the fire present day, I don't think they would survive. Microsoft completely whiffed & missed the mobile boat; hopefully that will change since Ballmer is now gone but they really missed a golden opportunity. Anyway, end of rant. Keep up the good work.
You sir, are a wise man. I appreciate your post and kind words. Only off on one thing that I can directly address. I'm not 24. The screen name is relative to when I was in college. How about that? Now how does this interweb thing work again? O:)

Need to change with the times or you get passed by and go away. Not what we're looking for over here. Unfortunately change doesn't always come as fast as any of us would like to see. That said things are in the works. And in the meantime, at the very least, you'll see focus on simplification for all parties involved.

Lastly, yes, I do game a bit. Not as much as I used to but I still play. Now, here you go, get ready to make fun of me...

I play mostly on Xbox One, a little bit on PC and do time killing on my phone. I loved NCAA Football so I was sad to see that go due to legal issues. I'll try Madden this year and will definitely be playing NHL. I'm also an Assassin's Creed junkie so I'll be playing Unity for sure. Black Flag was a blast, hard to beat being a pirate. Most recent PC game played was Company of Heroes. Probably go back to playing that again this winter. Rocksmith is also in the mix on console. Used to play guitar and am using it to relearn some things. It works, it really does.

Again (what happened to lastly?) we appreciate the feedback and input. Will keep working to make things better and better. Thank you all again for your support of Best Buy. They say Rome wasn't built in a day but then again, they didn't have access to PCs back then either...

No one cares about the NHL.
You take that back!! I'm sending some goons over immediately! "No one" is a strong statement but "big games" was called out earlier. It's relevant to titles being included in this promotion.

Just remember, soccer wasn't always big as a video game. The new NHL looks pretty amazing. If the sales come this year, always possible you could see it get on the list in future years.

You take that back!! I'm sending some goons over immediately! "No one" is a strong statement but "big games" was called out earlier. It's relevant to titles being included in this promotion.

Just remember, soccer wasn't always big as a video game. The new NHL looks pretty amazing. If the sales come this year, always possible you could see it get on the list in future years.
An employee at my Best Buy told me that was the reason that NHL is not included and I agree with him.

Noted. These types of titles will be more likely to have a gift card offer than get into the "big" $10 cert promotion. Will see what we can do to have more of these in the future.
thank you for taking your time. i am sure if bestbuy offers the $10 gift card offer for most jrpg title. guys from this thread http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/219423-japanese-niche-games-deals-thread-atlus-nisa-aksys-xseed-and-more/page-511 would be buying their jrpg games from bestbuy.

1- Heck yeah I`m all for coupons in fact the madden offer is like the ideax where you get coupons for reaching certain trade in milestones/amounts except it`s targeted. You can even profit off coupons by selling them to customers for MBB pts like GS does too. Plus with a coupon no other retailer can match thus locked in BB purchases.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/3519?device-view=desktop

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Offer-Steal-of-the-Week-Promotional-Gaming-Coupons-to-Gamer-s/idi-p/842727#M5730

1A- Who`s idea was it to increase GCU from $15 to $120 but DOWNGRADE the welcome kit coupons? How bout some hey GCU is the $hit, you just paid $120 for it so here`s some coupons to entice you to spend another $100-$300 more ASAP. With the right coupons you could get people to buy GCU @ $120 vs $60.

2- When it comes to the 20% discount, I`m ok with NOT getting it on certain offers. Like SSB on Wii-U/3DS, if there was a discount deal on purchasing both together on release I`d take that since there`s no $10 cert and GCU offer. Just make sure we`re saving slightly more than 20% off both serparately and we`re good.

3- Aww the system...You guys need a system upgrade but I certainly don`t want you to have to pay for it. With the Samsung/Apple areas in store kinda surprised you`ll didn`t go the "BB stores now powered by____" aka whichever store offered the most bank. And that 5-10 yr deal would subsidize the upgrades.

4-BestBuyGamer`sClub.com great idea I actually suggested a similar idea thru the forums a long time ago.
All things GC/GCU in one place, have banner ads for revenue and use these banners a barginning chips with sponsers for game deals. Thru a CAG joint venture you could generate quite of bit of web traffic.

Side notes to #4
Sell GCU thru BB.com, if it`s a tech issue I`m baffled. How can you sell PSN/XB1 cards thru bb.com but not GCU. Someone create a GCU SKU and reps manually adjust accounts for $120 each I wouldn`t turn anyone away. It`s "under review" so that`s major progress. http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/idb-p/IdeaX/status-key/UnderReview

Have GCU pullout sections in the weekly ads, sell the space when possible, create more visibility for the GC brand and showcase the actual dollar savings the way GS does. Actually say "$59.99 MSRP but GCU member pay $47.99" this reverse sticker shock will certainly make the average person research GCU.
Some great ideas here. Everything needs to be balanced out over alternatives. And again we're pushing toward simple so we can make sure you get exactly what we told you that you would get with as little manual intervention as possible. If something isn't being done, oh like selling GCU online, it's because the customer experience isn't where it needs to be. We don't need your PSN/XB1 screen name/gamer tag to sell you those cards but we do need to have your MyBBY account number properly linked to make sure you get your benefits for the next two years. Anybody remember what we went through back this winter when people were getting their membership extended, then re-upped and didn't see the correct expiration dates on their accounts? Again, this needs to be done right and it is being worked on, but isn't where it needs to be. Yet.

Points to buy coupons. Will have to think about this but never really liked the idea. Always thought your points should have real value (i.e. able to spend buying real stuff, not offers to buy stuff) and then you just get more deals due to being a member of either Unlocked or the free Gamers Club. That sound better?

Welcome Kit. Hear you. I'll refer to the "balance" comment but we'll see what we can do.

Can't specifically comment on all your ideas listed here but I do want you to know they are being read here and over at the ideaX forums. When you see things come to be that you suggested I do hope you get a smile on your face and can say "hey, look! They did listen to me!" I think you've seen a few of those already and don't be surprised if you see more of them come to life in the future.

Ridiculous waste of time.  Pre-ordered Sims 4 Digital on Sunday (its Origin anyway so whoever has the best deal is the way to go), had to call to find out there is a "system error" and they can't fulfill the order.  No offer to give me any kind of compensation for their error, like $10 to use towards a future order, just you can wait or cancel.

Never ordered digital from Best Buy and will try to avoid it any time soon.

people in this thread will vehemently disagree with me but imo best buy is digging its own grave with all these discounts and sales.  "Training" your customers to always expect a sale is one of the worst retailer strategies and leads to a death spiral eventually - see Kmart/Sears.  

I'm totally happy with Best Buy's current insane strategy of massive discounts and reward zone points and odd "doorbuster" sales every week, as I'm sure many others here are, but the very fact that it makes us happy should be a good indication that its a poor business strategy.  Their financials back that up, the latest six month results have revenue down nearly 3% from last year and this is a year with a new console cycle and stronger economy.

But hey as long as Best Buy seems to think competing on price and not reliability or service levels is their way to win, its pretty good for us CAGers.

note: I'm not saying me liking Best Buy is bad, I'm saying the only reason I really like Best Buy is because of pricing.  I'm indifferent towards Amazon for example, their pricing is just "ok" but I feel I can always depend on amazon to deliver the right thing when they say they will.  I don't have that level of confidence with BBY at all, I just like it for their pricing and them having physical stores I can go grab something at.

people in this thread will vehemently disagree with me but imo best buy is digging its own grave with all these discounts and sales. "Training" your customers to always expect a sale is one of the worst retailer strategies and leads to a death spiral eventually - see Kmart/Sears.

I'm totally happy with Best Buy's current insane strategy of massive discounts and reward zone points and odd "doorbuster" sales every week, as I'm sure many others here are, but the very fact that it makes us happy should be a good indication that its a poor business strategy. Their financials back that up, the latest six month results have revenue down nearly 3% from last year and this is a year with a new console cycle and stronger economy.

But hey as long as Best Buy seems to think competing on price and not reliability or service levels is their way to win, its pretty good for us CAGers.

note: I'm not saying me liking Best Buy is bad, I'm saying the only reason I really like Best Buy is because of pricing. I'm indifferent towards Amazon for example, their pricing is just "ok" but I feel I can always depend on amazon to deliver the right thing when they say they will. I don't have that level of confidence with BBY at all, I just like it for their pricing and them having physical stores I can go grab something at.
I agree with you to a point. My preordered Madden didn't arrive until the Friday after launch, with Amazon I would have received it the day of release or the day before. My closest store isn't very close and is about 40-50 minutes away depending on the traffic. On Tuesdays, I work 11am till 9pm so getting there to pick up a game on release is difficult.

About their sales and pricing. It's hard to beat their deal prices on games. I'm not sure if they think it will bring in foot traffic and people will buy other items. Three separate times in the past two months, a friend and I went up to pick up some games and have both spent over $400 during each visit. I honestly don't think they would keep having sales if they were losing a ton of money though. I remember recently with a DOTD, they had Xbox Credit on sale and it was taken down early. My guess is they had a lot of people buying it and they lost money. That's just an example of them changing due to loss.

@Tears
At one point service trumped price in terms of what customers demanded now it`s different price is #1. However, there`s exceptions like

1- A store consistant beats a customers expectations with great staff so a customer maybe willing to pay slightly more there vs another retailer they can`t pm.
2- A customer wants a $2K tv, it`s $300 cheaper elsewhere and can`t be match but they have $400 in store credit @ BB. So in this case they may pay full $2K retail @ BB but their OOP cost are still cheaper so BB could win that sale too.

#2 also shows that #`s can lie. Any business will accept lower total revenue if alot is being sold for profit. Having 80% of total customer spending is meaningless if the other 20% is on high profit items or items that generally include add ons like warranties.

We all know gaming isn`t where BB`s bread is buttered since $60 games just don`t cut it vs washer/dryer/PC/Tablets/Phones...but by getting ppl to earn pts & make several trips thru gaming they can hopefully get ppl use to buying at BB 1st. Pm`ing vs buying elsewhere and the likes.

BB is stuck in that walmart/target sell things like clothes/groceries which brings massive foot traffic BB can`t get daily & on the other side AMZ/Newegg squeeze them in ways that we`ve all heard too much of over the last 5 yrs.

So BB must become "new" and in this process find new daily revenue streams they can profit from. If a person gets a pc, cell phone, washer dryer and tv from BB in Jan. they have nothing else to offer big ticket wise for a long time. So they need ways to steal as many of these sales away from elsewhere as possible.

An Amazon Prime & Target redcard copycat programs would bring in the fresh revenue and that would allow them use that to make other area better/more profitable. It always comes down to money.

Points to buy coupons. Will have to think about this but never really liked the idea. Always thought your points should have real value (i.e. able to spend buying real stuff, not offers to buy stuff) and then you just get more deals due to being a member of either Unlocked or the free Gamers Club. That sound better
Middle ground/balance fully understood half of the ppl love the idea half hate but half of say 10 million ppl is still 5 million ppl. And having options/choices is never a bad thing UNLESS they don`t work. 250 pts generally means $250 spent to get $5 so to a person who makes $20/hr that`s over 25% off one paycheck for $5 ouch. But if they spent $100 & had the option to use those 100 pts to buy a coupon taking 5% off a big ticket item like a $2500 TV BB gets that sale. The 5% off may negate tax meaning the same price as AMZ the 250 won`t do that but having the option makes the difference.

The right coupons are pure gold just look at the backlash from the loss of @gamer coupons & forums posts from ppl who didn`t get the welcome coupons. You have the demand already attach a dollar figure to the demand & get it.

As stated above new revenue streams are needed to help BB vs all retailers the hidden fees of the redcard & annual bump of a prime copycat would provide revenue to fund projects like system upgrades, staff & help trend water until the economy comes backs. But there`s cost to get these up an running as advertised too.

I noticed that BB hasn`t posted the #`s of GCU subs where as GS has posted how many paid/free members they have. 2 yrs ago BB did post the RZ member total info so it`s not uncommon I believe. But 10 million $120 subs would be a nice chunk of dough to help fund some game deals.

BB needs to get the competition down & put their foot on their throats easier said than done right.

With the GCU unlocked $60 deal, BB took away all the business I was giving Amazon and NewEgg for game purchases. Now I just have to deal with pre-order cancellation issues and incorrect charges at the cash register.

people in this thread will vehemently disagree with me but imo best buy is digging its own grave with all these discounts and sales. "Training" your customers to always expect a sale is one of the worst retailer strategies and leads to a death spiral eventually - see Kmart/Sears.

I'm totally happy with Best Buy's current insane strategy of massive discounts and reward zone points and odd "doorbuster" sales every week, as I'm sure many others here are, but the very fact that it makes us happy should be a good indication that its a poor business strategy. Their financials back that up, the latest six month results have revenue down nearly 3% from last year and this is a year with a new console cycle and stronger economy.

note: I'm not saying me liking Best Buy is bad, I'm saying the only reason I really like Best Buy is because of pricing. I'm indifferent towards Amazon for example, their pricing is just "ok" but I feel I can always depend on amazon to deliver the right thing when they say they will. I don't have that level of confidence with BBY at all, I just like it for their pricing and them having physical stores I can go grab something at.

Hmm this seems a bit wrong because Amazon's pricing is usually pretty hard to beat. Like if you want to buy somewhat older games they'll be anywhere from a little to MASSIVELY cheaper than Best Buy.

For example, COD Chosts and BF4 for Xbox One have both been 20-25 dollars on amazon for weeks if not months now. They're still 59.99 (!) at Best Buy. even 49.99 used!

Heck, I got Titanfall and Forza free with my Xbox Purchase (Target giving away TF free for a special that week, Forza normally free), then I got COD for $6 and BF4 for 15 from the Rakuten deal. Total $21 for those four games. Happened to see them all for $49.99 a pop on the Best Buy used wall just last week...had to kind of laugh. $200 for the same 4 games I got for $21, and they were used. Only suckers buy brick and mortar (older games at least, new will be 59.99 everywhere)

But, BB did give me 31.50 GC for Titanfall, which I wasn't playing anyway. That was really generous. $21 normally plus 50% bonus last week. People love to bash that game but it's actually been a huge hit, still on the UK top 10 every week and as you see, very high resale value.

Also Amazon doesn't make much money either. Their stock is very high because people expect them to be highly profitable oneday,. but currently they are not. They would say they are currently in a growth phase, investing and growing larger, rather than a profit phase.

I dont know that sales are Best Buy's problem...I'd say it's more a fundamental one...online is just really hard to beat on pricing (no store overhead to pay), and they're not like a Wal Mart that people have to go to to buy other life essentials, so imo they are at risk.

Ok back to topic, what is this Best Buy club (my rewards or whatever it's called) you have to be in to get the $10 preorder reward for Destiny? Is it free? Is it difficult to sign up for?

Ok back to topic, what is this Best Buy club (my rewards or whatever it's called) you have to be in to get the $10 preorder reward for Destiny? Is it free? Is it difficult to sign up for?
go to http://my.bestbuy.com and sign up (right side, sign up) and put in your right name, address, and phone number. They can look up your account by phone number when you order/pre-order anything in store, and if you order online just use (duh) the same account and you will get the $10 preorder reward.

It comes in the form of 500 reward zone points however added to your account, which can be redeemed for $10 of reward zone certificates. Those can be applied to any order you make online, or printed/smartphone app in store and show to cashier when you checkout to take $10 off an item.

Reward zone points usually post 15-21 days after you get the item, so don't expect the destiny $10 until end of the month.

Every time I've used a Cert instore, I never had to print or show them the App. Only thing I do is tell the cashier that I want to use a Reward Certificate, and they take it off directly.

You sir, are a wise man. I appreciate your post and kind words. Only off on one thing that I can directly address. I'm not 24. The screen name is relative to when I was in college. How about that? Now how does this interweb thing work again? O:)

Need to change with the times or you get passed by and go away. Not what we're looking for over here. Unfortunately change doesn't always come as fast as any of us would like to see. That said things are in the works. And in the meantime, at the very least, you'll see focus on simplification for all parties involved.

Lastly, yes, I do game a bit. Not as much as I used to but I still play. Now, here you go, get ready to make fun of me...

I play mostly on Xbox One, a little bit on PC and do time killing on my phone. I loved NCAA Football so I was sad to see that go due to legal issues. I'll try Madden this year and will definitely be playing NHL. I'm also an Assassin's Creed junkie so I'll be playing Unity for sure. Black Flag was a blast, hard to beat being a pirate. Most recent PC game played was Company of Heroes. Probably go back to playing that again this winter. Rocksmith is also in the mix on console. Used to play guitar and am using it to relearn some things. It works, it really does.

Again (what happened to lastly?) we appreciate the feedback and input. Will keep working to make things better and better. Thank you all again for your support of Best Buy. They say Rome wasn't built in a day but then again, they didn't have access to PCs back then either...
Ha, well from my perspective, if I thought you were 24 (at heart?), that means you must be doing something right, in addition to learning how to use that interweb thing :p

Seriously. It may not be fair, but I DO associate baby boomers (sounds like you just missed the cutoff..hopefully? :pray: ) with those characteristics listed in the previous post. It doesn't necessarily have to be associated with age, even though there obviously will be a correlation, but just the whole mindset, mentality, and entitlement. And if anyone wants to contest that last one compared to kids of Gen Y today, just think about who brought and raised millennials into this world? Sort of like a father calling his kid a son of a bitch. I digress..

Assuming you're at corporate in Minnesota, you guys prolly have some good talent due to a lot of major companies close by and being able to have U of M, a great university, as a feeder school. So good to hear you guys are rollin with the times.

Yes, change is hard and usually takes longer than expected, especially at that level. But definitely agree with ya, simplicity is key even though it requires complexity from the business side for it to eventually show up on the customer end. I always overdo things and try to outdo myself, but when am unable to produce a "set it and forget it" system, often find myself coming back to things that just work. Case in point: switching from Android to iOS. I may not like Apple's principles, but sure as hell respect them as a company in having an idea and then executing that vision. Have learned a lot of things from them.

Haha, wont make fun of ya, but don't know what Company of Heroes is. Have a PS3 but ditching Sony for next console upgrade and will go w/ the X1. NCAA was fun while it lasted, and while I didn't play Madden 25 (have been playing since the original came out on Genesis, so old it didn't even have a number after it!), got the new one and seemed decent the one time I played it. My brother got me Black Flag for my birthday but made him return it cause I never finished 2 and every AC looks like the same game (if multiplayer was good id think bout it but don't have any friends who own it and they're all on 360 anyway, so pretty much only play GTA). Ubisoft are the biggest milkers ever, my friend works there so I always give him shit about it, haha. Rocksmith is the only band/guitar game I haven't played, should prolly check it out sometime, those are great to have when people/females are over.

Thanks for the response and interacting w/ the community. Understanding your customers is fundamental for any business and adapting (ideally anticipating) is key for continued success. Clearly preaching to the choir here, and obviously you don't need my approval, but sometimes I like to remind (reward). You certainly know this and get this, among many other things, to get where you're at O:)

If you do a pre-order that is supposed to give a DLC code upon release and choose in-store pick-up, when/where do you get the code?  On instore pick-up receipt, via email upon pick-up, or via email on release day?  Thanks!

If you do a pre-order that is supposed to give a DLC code upon release and choose in-store pick-up, when/where do you get the code? On instore pick-up receipt, via email upon pick-up, or via email on release day? Thanks!
usually email, but alot of this "preorder" dlc is in every copy that goes out on release day, just depends on what game and what dlc you are referring to.

go to http://my.bestbuy.com and sign up (right side, sign up) and put in your right name, address, and phone number. They can look up your account by phone number when you order/pre-order anything in store, and if you order online just use (duh) the same account and you will get the $10 preorder reward.

It comes in the form of 500 reward zone points however added to your account, which can be redeemed for $10 of reward zone certificates. Those can be applied to any order you make online, or printed/smartphone app in store and show to cashier when you checkout to take $10 off an item.

Reward zone points usually post 15-21 days after you get the item, so don't expect the destiny $10 until end of the month.
oh, that makes it a lot less appealing then. i was hoping to apply the 10 to destiny itself, along with the 31.50 gc they gave me for titanfall. plus usually when i get enough credit card rewards points i get a 25 gc to best buy, so that could add on somewhere although i dont think i'll get it by destiny.

since as you say it takes 15-21 days it seems barely worth the trouble since i dont shop at best buy that often, but we'll see.

Hey guys, stupid question but even though Destiny Limited Edition for Xbox One is sold out online, I can still pre-order it in-store right? Assuming my store hasn't reached capacity on pre-orders for it?

Man, im not sure yet if I should pre-order Destiny or not. I can't do local co-op in it and I feel like its a game that should be pretty cheap come black friday.

You can't post purchase PM with GCs as the GC is deducted from the amount of the game. RZ points aren't

Yes they are nice but I prefer the RZ points as if you're elite or plus then you can PM later.
:^o

The benefits of RZ points is you don't have to pay the tax on the RZ cert amount.

Man, im not sure yet if I should pre-order Destiny or not. I can't do local co-op in it and I feel like its a game that should be pretty cheap come black friday.
I'd still jump on it. After GCU and RZ, it comes out to ~$40 (assuming you're paying with gift cards) and you can easily trade it back to wherever for that amount if you're still not satisfied.

Uh no way will it be cheap on Black Friday. It's going to be selling too well. Just like CoD (also from Activision) only gets $10 off on Black Friday, Destiny will likely be similar as it is expected to sell massively well. Might go down to $29.99 on last gen, but no way is Black Friday going to do any better than just match GCU+preorder price. Current gen $39.99 on Black Friday means you might has well have bought it months earlier when it launched at Best Buy for the same price via GCU and then actually get the launch crowd activity to play with (along with pre-order bonuses if you are into that junk).

It's Activision's supposedly most expensive game to date (I'm sure there's a little inflation of the $500 million they said that probably counted their multi-game publishing deal cost with Bungie and the cost of the expansions and marketing, but it still is likely their most expensive game). It's projected to be one of the biggest games of the year.

Anyone know what's going on with the collector editions of Advanced Warfare? You can't pre order online with in store pick up and you can't pre order in store either.

The $10 RC for Halo: MCC still haven't shown up under its Special Offer, and it's not on the promo page either. There's the $10 RC promo banner there though. I know BBY forum guys are very reliable, but just want to see it there, either in the lineup or Special offer. Just in case :)

Uh no way will it be cheap on Black Friday. It's going to be selling too well. Just like CoD (also from Activision) only gets $10 off on Black Friday, Destiny will likely be similar as it is expected to sell massively well. Might go down to $29.99 on last gen, but no way is Black Friday going to do any better than just match GCU+preorder price. Current gen $39.99 on Black Friday means you might has well have bought it months earlier when it launched at Best Buy for the same price via GCU and then actually get the launch crowd activity to play with (along with pre-order bonuses if you are into that junk).

It's Activision's supposedly most expensive game to date (I'm sure there's a little inflation of the $500 million they said that probably counted their multi-game publishing deal cost with Bungie and the cost of the expansions and marketing, but it still is likely their most expensive game). It's projected to be one of the biggest games of the year.
Cod: ghosts was greatly discounted after release last year. With the competition coming around black Friday, i definitely see it discounted greatly.

The $10 RC for Halo: MCC still haven't shown up under its Special Offer, and it's not on the promo page either. There's the $10 RC promo banner there though. I know BBY forum guys are very reliable, but just want to see it there, either in the lineup or Special offer. Just in case :)
It's in the promo for sure. This was supposed to be updated in all the places you mentioned. Checking into that. You are good to go on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back