Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Had issues with getting GCU price on my preordered Fifa this morning. The girl who helped me adjusted stuff to make it correct, but it was the first time my GCU hasn't triggered automatically upon confirming my address.

Won't be happy if it doesn't trigger my $10 rewards.
When I check the website, new games and prowned games are discounting properly in my cart.

Only thing I can think of is if the transaction wasn't processed as a preorder pickup and you assuming that the right myBestBuy account was added to the transaction.

If it was pulled up as a preorder, it would have automatically pulled up the myBestBuy account that made the preorder at the time. Also, we are assuming here that the account used to make the preorder is still an active GCU member today. I suspect that over 90% of the time people report not getting their GCU discount to work is either due to cashier or customer error.

The $10 reward has nothing to do with GCU so you'll be fine.

I preordered Forza Horizon 2 for the X1 but it never showed a $10 gift card in the cart. Do they mail it or will I get it when I pick the game up next Tuesday?
It's a $10 Xbox Store Gift Card, code will be sent through email after game release.

Since it says in the add about getting a $10 gift card do you think we could get that next week when we pick up on launch day? Plus get the $10 in rewards cert points? Probably will need override and and VERY YMMV.

Edit: (ON Shadow of Mordor)
The $10 gift card in this week's AD is for Shadow Warriors, which is a completely different game.

Is the Shadow Warrior $10 rz cert deal only for this week, or will it be in place until the game launches? Planning to buy this game, but I have a lot of rz certs pending and would like to use those to preorder it.

The $10 offer is also not listed on the actual product page for SW, only as text in the "weekly deals" for video games:

http://deals.bestbuy.com/?category=video+games
The $10 gift card for Shadow Warriors might just be a leak or error. The only place listing the gift card is in the weekly AD. Someone might want to contact a mod on the Best Buy forums for more info.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/317780-best-buy-10-reward-certificates-pre-order-promotion/?p=12114596

It's a $10 Xbox Store Gift Card, code will be sent through email after game release.

The $10 gift card in this week's AD is for Shadow Warriors, which is a completely different game.

The $10 gift card for Shadow Warriors might just be a leak or error. The only place listing the gift card is in the weekly AD. Someone might want to contact a mod on the Best Buy forums for more info.
htz, if you add Shadow Warrior to your cart (for PS4, at least), the $10 GC appears automatically for $0.00.

Has anyone been able to successfully order Shadow Warriors successfully with GCU and the $10 GC?

The $10 GC still rings up at $10 for me. 

Has anyone been able to successfully order Shadow Warriors successfully with GCU and the $10 GC?

I was able to do Shadow Warrior with the GC this morning. I went to put in an order for the Evil Within, and it's charging me for the GC plus my GCU discount doesn't seem to work either

Still no $10 from Destiny :( Guess I'll wait til tomorrow and contact them.

I know there used to be a way to view pending points and see the little tag like "Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered" and it would say your points should be available by X. Looking around the site, I can't find it anymore; the pending points section just shows recent purchases and I can't click to expand them.
I called about not getting my code and they said it was pending and it should show up tomorrow or Thursday. If you got yours at launch, it should too. They said it takes 15 days from purchase.

also my best buy site is really annoying me. EVERYTIME i go to log in online, it doesn't accept my password even when i've written it down to make sure its correct. i keep having to reset the password...and next time i logout and login it won't accept my password again.
I also have the same problem, I just try logging in again and it works.

Wasn't Destiny on this list at one time?

Also, why is Elder Scrolls Online STILL on the list?

Wasn't Destiny on this list at one time?
Also, why is Elder Scrolls Online STILL on the list?
yes but once a game release it taken off the list since obviously it wouldn't be a preorder anymore and Elder scrolls online still on the list cause the console versions hasn't released yet so it still a preorder item

I preordered FIfa last night, anyone know when's the last day I need to pick it up in order to get the $10 RZ?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-Promotions/My-Best-Buy-Get-10/pcmcat308100050002.c?id=pcmcat308100050002

Game must be pre-ordered by street date and purchased as follows: (1) If you pre-order in store or online for In-Store Pickup, purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date; or (2) If you pre-order online for Ship to Home, your purchase will be processed and shipped on or about street date

I preordered FIfa last night, anyone know when's the last day I need to pick it up in order to get the $10 RZ?
Did you preorder online or in store? Online I believe you have 7 days to pick it up, it might be the same instore but I have never preordered from the store. My closest BB is 37 miles away so I normally just order online. Only when there's multiple games that I plan on picking up, I do instore pick up. I work 11am-9pm on Tuesdays, so it's hard for me to get there on release.

It was working for me eariler. Now the gift card won't show up.

Does anyone know of any list of unreleased games that will have playstation exclusive content? I want to order Shadow Warriors and Shadow of Mordor but don't know what version to get. I prefer to get the xbone version since it has double the hard drive space of my ps4.

It was working for me eariler. Now the gift card won't show up.
Does anyone know of any list of unreleased games that will have playstation exclusive content? I want to order Shadow Warriors and Shadow of Mordor but don't know what version to get. I prefer to get the xbone version since it has double the hard drive space of my ps4.
Shadow of Mordor playstation exclusive content.

NBA 2K15 playstation exclusive content.

• N71S43O.jpg

I thought about that and highly considered it. The downside to that is you don't get the double points. It may not matter to some, but to me the extra points matter.
buy a $500 load pre-paid visa from another retailer or the fee free amex bluebird use if for all BB pre-orders

Cool. I think it will be the last thing I order from them for a while. My GCU ends in a few days.
You`re a CAG vet how`d you miss all the $60 offers, $30 re-ups, flip fest...?

I've had the Evil Within paid off in full with GameStop credit since May. When I heard that BestBuy is now offering a $10 GC with it, I'd rather get if from them. But if I cancel from Gamestop, I'd only get store credit back since I didn't pay with cash. Since it's a physical card, not rewards points, could I buy it from BestBuy and then exchange the game for something else within the return window(like Bayonetta 2 or Lords of the Fallen)?
Take the gs credit use it to flip games to BB, then use the gc to pay @ BB.

I'd order shadow warrior, $22 isn't bad at all, but there is literally no chance in hell I'd actually play since end of Oct is around the time of GTA 5, AC5, DA3, Shadow of Mordor, Natural Doctrine, Alien Isolation, Drive Club, Lords of the Fallen, and Evil Within.  Thats JUSt on PS4 too!

Some of these games shoulda been pushed back to next feb, I have a feeling things like DA3, Lords of the Fallen, Crew, and Far Cry 4 are not gonna be as polished as they should be.  Well I already know the crew is pretty awful, played the PC beta briefly a few weeks ago.

edit: what the hell, preordered it, looking at all those sequels I feel bad for the devs and wanna support smaller studios, will play it quickly and trade it in.

It's all showing up for me in my Cart but the site seems slow. I already ordered Mordor but just wanted to check for everyone. Shadow Warrior is showing Shipping Only.

Does anyone have a list of all the games that were in this promo. It seems like it had been going on for awhile now. Just curious that's all.

got my credit for destiny as well this morning. now to figure out what games im buying on release and which ones wait until black friday

Is anyone having trouble with BestBuy.com not applying the GamersClub discount this morning? TRying to preorder Shadow of Mordor and it's going into the cart at full price.
Yea, I'm trying to preorder Forza Horizon 2, and GCU discount isn't automatically applying. Probably just a glitch though.

yes but once a game release it taken off the list since obviously it wouldn't be a preorder anymore and Elder scrolls online still on the list cause the console versions hasn't released yet so it still a preorder item
I still have not gotten my $20 on Destiny Pre-orders.

Hopefully by tomorrow.

For NBA 2K15, are you guys calling CS to get the $10 reward cert? It isn't showing up on BBY.com under "Special Offers"  when I try to pre-order it.

For NBA 2K15, are you guys calling CS to get the $10 reward cert? It isn't showing up on BBY.com under "Special Offers" when I try to pre-order it.
no, the game isn't even out yet, so you wouldn't be calling CS until 15 days after you pick it up and you still don't have the points. Just pre-order it normally and you should be fine.

That's what I'm doing.

I'm still holding onto hope that Dragon Age gets added to the list and The Witcher 3 gets added later as well.  Any chance?  I fear its getting too close to release for Dragon Age.

If I use a Best Buy gift card with my purchase of one of the games in the $10 promo, I won't be eligible for the $10 Reward Cert? That's what a CS rep was telling me earlier.

that rep is wrong. You are eligible, no matter your form of payment.
It was a phone rep with a tenuous grasp of the English language so I'm not surprised. She did give me a manual 500 point adjustment on mybestbuy.com account for the reward cert that hasn't showed up with my Destiny preorder. I thought she was wrong though because I was sure I had received it with past eligible games I had payed for with a gift card.

I can't decide if I want to get Shadow of Mordor or not. I'm sitting on $25 in certs.. Ugh decisions. I want to get NBA 2k15 as well.

I put in orders for the evil within and shadow warrior. Hopefully some more games get added to the pre-order promotion or get free Gift Cards.

I got my code within like a half hour of me picking it up from BB. However, I do not have my 500 points pending for FIFA so I had to email them about it.
Points can take a few days to show up after pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back