Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
how are you (guys) getting release date delivery. I'm an elite + and my SOM won't arrive until tmr end of day.
I think it depends on where you live. Also when did you preorder?

Then again it could just be random. I'm just a normal MyBB member but will hit Elite will my Alien shipment. I preordered SoM and Madden both about 3-4 weeks from launch. Madden didn't arrive until the Friday after release and SoM arrived on release day. Both were shipped with the free option and both were passed from UPS to my local post office.

I think it's random. Some games and movies I'll get release day and some the Friday after (using the >$35 free shipping)

how are you (guys) getting release date delivery. I'm an elite + and my SOM won't arrive until tmr end of day.
I've always lucked out and receive my games on launch day. I'm elite and about to be elite plus but i always received them even when I was just a normal member. After reading all these posts of late arriving games I guess it's just luck.

Can someone help me understand what the Forza deal was?  My understanding was it was 60 bucks and came with 10 back in rewards and a free dlc car.  Whats this talk about a XBL card?  I only got charged 30 bucks, so did the 10 in rewards come off wrong?

Can someone help me understand what the Forza deal was? My understanding was it was 60 bucks and came with 10 back in rewards and a free dlc car. Whats this talk about a XBL card? I only got charged 30 bucks, so did the 10 in rewards come off wrong?
$59.99 + Free $10 Xbox Store Gift Card + Free DLC Car. It was not part of the $10 reward certificate pre-order promo.

Just like clockwork, my Aliens shipped today. I know it's not part of the $10 bonus Cert, but just posting for shipping info. Mordor shipped on Last Thursday so hopefully I receive this on launch too.

Officially preordered GTA and FarCry today. There was an issue the first time I tried to put the order through and I got an error. The second time everything seems different. Like they changed the online order section around. Imagine it's just part of the recent changes to the BB website.

Only games I have left to preorder are MasterChief Collection and Unity. Afterwards I should have enough Certs to pick up The Crew for free. Then I'm completely done until next year, February I believe.

i really wouldn't bother with the crew, its pretty awful.  its in beta for ps4 now and i haven't seen a single person say a good thing about it (i'm in the beta too).  graphics are nintendo 64 quality, game crashes constantly, and its full of microtransactions

i really wouldn't bother with the crew, its pretty awful. its in beta for ps4 now and i haven't seen a single person say a good thing about it (i'm in the beta too). graphics are nintendo 64 quality, game crashes constantly, and its full of microtransactions
That's disappointing. I received a Beta invite also but I haven't had time to play. I might just wait and use my Certs on Forza Horizon 2 then. DriveClub looks absolutely amazing on the graphics front but personally I've never been into those kind of racing games. I'll check out the PS Plus edition though.

That's disappointing. I received a Beta invite also but I haven't had time to play. I might just wait and use my Certs on Forza Horizon 2 then. DriveClub looks absolutely amazing on the graphics front but personally I've never been into those kind of racing games. I'll check out the PS Plus edition though.
Unfortunately I didn't get a beta code and I wanted to try it but forza is amazing. I played a solid amount earlier and it was so fun. Horizon 1 was really good but this is even better.

I bought Shadow of Mordor and FH2 online before release, and picked them up on Tuesday.

I didn't specifically give the guy my phone number or reward stuff.  Did I mess up, or will I still get my $10 reward and $10 XBL code sooner or later?

I just don't see anything about the extra points or promotions on BestBuy.com where it would usually say "Victory can be Preordered" 

:(

I bought Shadow of Mordor and FH2 online before release, and picked them up on Tuesday.

I didn't specifically give the guy my phone number or reward stuff. Did I mess up, or will I still get my $10 reward and $10 XBL code sooner or later?

I just don't see anything about the extra points or promotions on BestBuy.com where it would usually say "Victory can be Preordered"
:(
If you bought it online for in store pick up you should be good. Sometimes it takes a few days to pop up.

I'm gonna ask this here in hopes someone that preordered Shadow of Mordor from Best Buy can help.  I put in the code on Xbox.com for the Flame of Anor rune and I can't find it in the game anywhere.  Is there something i have to do, be at a certain level, or anything?  I figured it would just be in my inventory but it's not.  

Well my luck getting my games on release day ran out. My smash bros isn't due for delivery till next Wednesday. This is my first Nintendo preorder so I wonder if that has something to do with it? They shipped it on Thursday witch is what they do for games being released on Tuesdays

For those with BBY delivery history, how are they on day 1 releases? Does your game usually arrive on day 1 or does it come like a week after release?

The Best Buy near me said they had a cap on their $120 version of COD Advanced Warfare so it looks like I have to order from site

You didn't pre-order. Unless you want to be a douche and call them and complain that the page still said it when you ordered it. But still, it clearly says Pre-order.
There is a minor glitch in the system, IF the game is purchased on day of release while the "$10" is still listed on their page.. then it'll automatically work was what I am saying

Since the entire process it Automated, you may luck out.

BUT The deal still has to be listed on the page for it to happen

[attachment=8676:preOrderBonus.png]

So got my gift card issue worked out. They are sending me shadow of Mordor in lieu of a new card since that was what I wanted to use it on anyway. Also sending it expedited shipping. Better then nothing. I'll beat it then trade it in.

Well my luck getting my games on release day ran out. My smash bros isn't due for delivery till next Wednesday. This is my first Nintendo preorder so I wonder if that has something to do with it? They shipped it on Thursday witch is what they do for games being released on Tuesdays
Same boat as you, not enthused about the waiting. I may just go buy a copy in store and then return the one from the mail.

For those with BBY delivery history, how are they on day 1 releases? Does your game usually arrive on day 1 or does it come like a week after release?

The Best Buy near me said they had a cap on their $120 version of COD Advanced Warfare so it looks like I have to order from site
I've only had 4 games delivered from them so far, I usually just pick up. But the first two, one was the day after and the 2nd one was 3 days after. The last 2 I ordered came on release day.

See if you can order it for I store pick up at the store. Or do you have another store that close by?

It has been hit or miss for me. Wolfenstein and Final Fantasy Theatrhythm:FC I got on release day (shipped on the Friday before release). Mario Kart 8 I got it a couple of days after release.

Seems that most of my games come 2-7 days after the release. I've gotten them the day of release once and the way they ship isn't consistent either. I'm Elite Plus so I should get free expedited shipping but they only ship this way 1 outta 3 times.

With the Shadows of Mordor I ordered a copy, wife ordered a copy. Same day/time I preordered it on both of our accounts. My wife's showed up Thursday (2 days after, She's just Elite btw) and my copy is coming on Saturday (4 days late, I'm Elite Plus). Her order was shipped UPS, where mine was shipped USPS.

Doesn't make much sense. Even orders made with-in 5 minutes ship differently, they don't seem to be based on Elite/Elite+ status and they seem to have an actual shipping procedure in place.

Bestbuy's shipping department seems about as organized as their Website. Broken, lacking and half-ass.

For those picking up 2k15 as rentals or want a credit mover (after GCU & $10 RZ), Amazon has the TIV for all consoles at $44.xx. So, more than what you would get at BB. 

Just sayin'

For those picking up 2k15 as rentals or want a credit mover (after GCU & $10 RZ), Amazon has the TIV for all consoles at $44.xx. So, more than what you would get at BB.

Just sayin'
If you are GCU, you get more from BB (taking into account 10% bonus and reward points). Games start out at $40 TIV. You'd get $44 with bonus and get 80 points, which comes out to another $1.60...

Just sayin'

If you are GCU, you get more from BB (taking into account 10% bonus and reward points). Games start out at $40 TIV. You'd get $44 with bonus and get 80 points, which comes out to another $1.60...

Just sayin'
true, but if others want the easy transfer of credit since Kindle cards aren't being sold.

I'm buying NBA to keep--just throwing it out there :)

Aren't $5 deposit refundable? I put down $5 deposit on middle earth. I paid $51.98 after gcu and taxes.
So $59.99 - 12.00 (GCU) = $47.99 +3.99 (tax) = 51.98.
I don't think they reimburse me my $5 deposit.

Aren't $5 deposit refundable? I put down $5 deposit on middle earth. I paid $51.98 after gcu and taxes.
Yeah, they did something wrong. You should have something on the receipt crediting you that $5.

It should have under the lines that say "Subtotal" "Tax" "Total" a line that says "Preorder Deposit $5"

Same thing happened to me when I picked up Madden. I just went back in and worked out the math for a manager.

ALMOST happened to me with Forza Horizon 2. I was like, "waaaaait a minute, that's wrong."

it took a manager, a geek squad reap and a bb employee to figure out that the math was wrong...I ended up paying the right amount in the end.

Also, I thought the $5 came off the total, and not a reimbursement.

ALMOST happened to me with Forza Horizon 2. I was like, "waaaaait a minute, that's wrong."

it took a manager, a geek squad reap and a bb employee to figure out that the math was wrong...I ended up paying the right amount in the end.

Also, I thought the $5 came off the total, and not a reimbursement.
If I remember right the deposit is subtracted from the total price of the game b4 the 20% off GCU was applied.

Ever since the new format on BB.com has anyone received their bonus Cert? None of my games are showing the Victory Can Be Preordered bonus. It hasn't been the 15 days, but it never took that long to show up before. Also the base and 2X points from SoM and Alien are already issued.

Just seems because they "upgraded" their site, I'll have to wait the 15 days and contact customer service. Doesn't seem like an update or improvement to me.

Ever since the new format on BB.com has anyone received their bonus Cert? None of my games are showing the Victory Can Be Preordered bonus. It hasn't been the 15 days, but it never took that long to show up before. Also the base and 2X points from SoM and Alien are already issued.

Just seems because they "upgraded" their site, I'll have to wait the 15 days and contact customer service. Doesn't seem like an update or improvement to me.
it never is an upgrade for the consumer, it probably streamlines something or somehow saves best buy some money.

I'm gonna ask this here in hopes someone that preordered Shadow of Mordor from Best Buy can help. I put in the code on Xbox.com for the Flame of Anor rune and I can't find it in the game anywhere. Is there something i have to do, be at a certain level, or anything? I figured it would just be in my inventory but it's not.
i dont know about on xbox, but on ps4 i still had to download and install it.

Which is why I just pre-order it online for $47.99 + tax and go pick it up. So they don't screw up the math. It's not like they charge your CC when you pre-order.

Just be patient, Its only been 3 days. Before the update I had to wait 9 days for my madden points. That being said, I liked the old page a whole lot more.

Any chance you could still get the pre-order bonus if you bought Shadows of Morder on-line today?  I know its not likely but was just curious since on the site it still lists the $10 bonus as one of the special offers.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back