Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Like clockwork, the chicken littles come out when they don't see their points when they want.

THE 500 POINTS DO NOT SHOW AS PENDING. THEY JUST POOF INTO EXISTENCE. WAIT THE 15 DAYS AND IF THEY DO NOT SHOW UP POST ON THE UNBOXED FORUMS.

Sorry for caps, just figured it would be easier to see for those who have this question again in the short term.
uh....the last several releases I've preordered the points have shown as pending for several days before they post. Maybe you should check your facts before going off on a message board

Mine usually shows the 500 pending. Sometimes right when I buy it, other times a few days after. Shadow Of Mordor however is the first game that hasn't shown pending at all. But ill wait till after the transaction posts before I call about it.

Mine usually shows the 500 pending. Sometimes right when I buy it, other times a few days after. Shadow Of Mordor however is the first game that hasn't shown pending at all. But ill wait till after the transaction posts before I call about it.
Every game I ordered in the last year did not show the 500 points until after 15 days passed. Destiny, Wolfenstein, and a few others that escape me right now. When you have an automated system handling things, sometimes odd things happen, but the rule is that they just poof into existence. There are exceptions to the rule, but they are simply that, an exception.

Im not really disagreeing with you. Just saying that they seem to appear at different times for me but usually before the transaction clears.

Nothing till worry about till 15 days after purchase.

The points for the purchase will show, but the 500 bonus points won't.
they show as pending for both me and Deader, so I dont think your statement is really accurate. Maybe they dont show for everyone but let's not make blanket statements about these and confuse other CAG folk

Damnit, that stupid White Rider trophy is gonna stop me from the SoM plat. Have tried a few video walkthroughs and it just wont pop :whistle2:(
I thought the same thing and was trying a popular video and couldn't seem to get it. I ended up using this video and got it on my 2nd try. It shows all the spots on the map before it starts and imo is better than the popular spot in the 2nd map you unlock.

[attachment=8747:image.jpg]

My transaction points and 2Xs points posted on the day the game shipped, Sept 25th. But I don't have the bonus promo Pending. Looks like with the new system, this will be the first time I have to actually call to get my $10 Cert. Should I wait 15 days from when I was charged/shipped/received base points or should I wait 15 days from the release date of the game? All the other games I bought that were in this promo, the bonus points were pending for about a week before they posted to my account. They never just arrived without pending for sometime. Which is why people are starting to ask questions now. Normally by now a few people start talking about their points pending or posting. As far as I can tell no one has received their Mordor points yet.

[quote name="Bleedingwickedly" post="12143123" timestamp="1412650229"]
attachicon.gif
image.jpg

My transaction points and 2Xs points posted on the day the game shipped, Sept 25th. But I don't have the bonus promo Pending. Looks like with the new system, this will be the first time I have to actually call to get my $10 Cert. Should I wait 15 days from when I was charged/shipped/received base points or should I wait 15 days from the release date of the game? All the other games I bought that were in this promo, the bonus points were pending for about a week before they posted to my account. They never just arrived without pending for sometime. Which is why people are starting to ask questions now. Normally by now a few people start talking about their points pending or posting. As far as I can tell no one has received their Mordor points yet.[/quote]
You have to wait 15 days before you call.

They say it takes that long so you have to be at least that long.

[quote name="Bleedingwickedly" post="12143123" timestamp="1412650229"]
attachicon.gif
image.jpg

My transaction points and 2Xs points posted on the day the game shipped, Sept 25th. But I don't have the bonus promo Pending. Looks like with the new system, this will be the first time I have to actually call to get my $10 Cert. Should I wait 15 days from when I was charged/shipped/received base points or should I wait 15 days from the release date of the game? All the other games I bought that were in this promo, the bonus points were pending for about a week before they posted to my account. They never just arrived without pending for sometime. Which is why people are starting to ask questions now. Normally by now a few people start talking about their points pending or posting. As far as I can tell no one has received their Mordor points yet.[/quote]
You have to wait 15 days before you call.

They say it takes that long so you have to be at least that long.

Damnit, that stupid White Rider trophy is gonna stop me from the SoM plat. Have tried a few video walkthroughs and it just wont pop :whistle2:(

On-topic, anyone else not even seeing pending points for SoM? I really hate the new BB site design...
I'l legitly interested as to why someone platinums a game or even looks / cares about that stuff. I collect and hoard games and it probably is a side effect of my OCD but I have never had that achievement bug, it's probably more of a annoyance when it pops up on my screen every now and again.

Do any of the CAGs know what compels them to platinum games or even worry about achievements at all?

[quote name="stupidproz1" post="12143256" timestamp="1412654303"]I'l legitly interested as to why someone platinums a game or even looks / cares about that stuff. I collect and hoard games and it probably is a side effect of my OCD but I have never had that achievement bug, it's probably more of a annoyance when it pops up on my screen every now and again.

Do any of the CAGs know what compels them to platinum games or even worry about achievements at all?[/quote]
Depends on the game for me on me if I want Trophies/Achieveos.

I'm proud of having 0 plats, I have never even come close I think my highest is 70% in AC4.

I'm actually going to trade in SOM without finishing, its a really good game but I don't like the control scheme, and am gonna be busy playing Driveclub starting tomorrow.  Since SoM is basically a single player game, and there will be a GOTY edition down the road with the DLCs, I'll just revisit it then and get my $44 in trade credit now, rather than have it sit around collecting dust.

Gonna trade in Metro and natural selection too, unplayed, good games but I just know I won't get around to actually playing them and would rather play GTA5, AC5, and DA3 this winter.  I feel like part of the problem of sequel-itis but I like what I like :(

The really annoying thing about the $10 RZ preorder bonus is that it varies so much day to day.  My Madden 15 all had 500 points pending with some goofy title the day after I picked it up, and went to 500 points 15 days later.  My SoM has nothing.  If they were at least consistent in things I think people wouldn't freak out.

I'm proud of having 0 plats, I have never even come close I think my highest is 70% in AC4.

I'm actually going to trade in SOM without finishing, its a really good game but I don't like the control scheme, and am gonna be busy playing Driveclub starting tomorrow. Since SoM is basically a single player game, and there will be a GOTY edition down the road with the DLCs, I'll just revisit it then and get my $44 in trade credit now, rather than have it sit around collecting dust.

Gonna trade in Metro and natural selection too, unplayed, good games but I just know I won't get around to actually playing them and would rather play GTA5, AC5, and DA3 this winter. I feel like part of the problem of sequel-itis but I like what I like :(

The really annoying thing about the $10 RZ preorder bonus is that it varies so much day to day. My Madden 15 all had 500 points pending with some goofy title the day after I picked it up, and went to 500 points 15 days later. My SoM has nothing. If they were at least consistent in things I think people wouldn't freak out.
I've been involved in I believe 3 of the $10 RZ games recently, all through the website, and I don't think it took more than 4 or 5 days for any to show up. I got at least one on release day so whatever their system looks at makes no sense. RNG maybe?

I'l legitly interested as to why someone platinums a game or even looks / cares about that stuff. I collect and hoard games and it probably is a side effect of my OCD but I have never had that achievement bug, it's probably more of a annoyance when it pops up on my screen every now and again.

Do any of the CAGs know what compels them to platinum games or even worry about achievements at all?
I personally just love the challenge and feeling like I beat whatever challenge the dev presented me with. That is also why I hate trophies that force you to hit a certain rank online just cause they want you to play the mp.

When should I expect my copy of NBA 2K15 to arrive?  It says it shipped on Sunday(so really the 6th) and no progress so far.  

Release day delivery would be great, but I have no patience on this as I want to be playing it right now lol.

When should I expect my copy of NBA 2K15 to arrive? It says it shipped on Sunday(so really the 6th) and no progress so far.

Release day delivery would be great, but I have no patience on this as I want to be playing it right now lol.
That's how I was with Madden. I went to a local Walmart and bought it. When my BB preordered copy arrived on Friday, I returned it to Walmart. Every title since then I have received release day delivery though.

image.jpg

My transaction points and 2Xs points posted on the day the game shipped, Sept 25th. But I don't have the bonus promo Pending. Looks like with the new system, this will be the first time I have to actually call to get my $10 Cert. Should I wait 15 days from when I was charged/shipped/received base points or should I wait 15 days from the release date of the game? All the other games I bought that were in this promo, the bonus points were pending for about a week before they posted to my account. They never just arrived without pending for sometime. Which is why people are starting to ask questions now. Normally by now a few people start talking about their points pending or posting. As far as I can tell no one has received their Mordor points yet.
Sorry to ask this, but how are you paying only 37.99? Did you add a $10 cert or is there some other discount I'm missing? Thanks!

I finally jumped on this deal to order NBA 2K15 yesterday. I'm not even sure I want the game but I figured I'd better do it now while the deal is active. $38 (assuming I get the $20 bonus RZ certs) is too good to pass up. I had credit to spend from trade-ins so in that case I feel I can count the $10 RZ points towards the cost of the game.

Sorry to ask this, but how are you paying only 37.99? Did you add a $10 cert or is there some other discount I'm missing? Thanks!
I preordered Mordor and Alien together and used a $20 Cert to pay. When using a Cert it takes it from all items, it splits the Cert up. For my case, each game got $10 off from a $20 Cert.

NBA2k15 will be $30/$40 by thanksgiving! Waiting on that. Similarly, expecting Shadow of Modor and Faorza Horizon 2 to be super cheap by black friday.

New to BB Pre Order and GCU.  I tried to go to local Best Buy (East Hanover NJ) and no cards for Master Chief Collection and they couldn't get the digital kiosk to work correctly, so I came back to the office and tried to order it online.  (I don't mind paying for it upfront.) But I can't order because it's telling me they sold out of Master Chief Collections?  Anyone else experiencing this?

New to BB Pre Order and GCU. I tried to go to local Best Buy (East Hanover NJ) and no cards for Master Chief Collection and they couldn't get the digital kiosk to work correctly, so I came back to the office and tried to order it online. (I don't mind paying for it upfront.) But I can't order because it's telling me they sold out of Master Chief Collections? Anyone else experiencing this?
That store could be out of copies. I would look at another store because it seems it is OOS online for shipping.

New to BB Pre Order and GCU. I tried to go to local Best Buy (East Hanover NJ) and no cards for Master Chief Collection and they couldn't get the digital kiosk to work correctly, so I came back to the office and tried to order it online. (I don't mind paying for it upfront.) But I can't order because it's telling me they sold out of Master Chief Collections? Anyone else experiencing this?
Just put it in cart now and it worked fine. Give it another shot.

Preordered the Evil Within today with the free $10 GC and GCU.  Good deal, excited for the game.  Shipping only for the PC version.  Hopefully reviews come out before it ships in case I need to cancel.

Preordered the Evil Within today with the free $10 GC and GCU. Good deal, excited for the game. Shipping only for the PC version. Hopefully reviews come out before it ships in case I need to cancel.
the gift card will ship immediately, if you cancel they will charge you for it

Ridicules. I've never got release date delivery from BBY before even w/ preorder months ahead. Got my nba 2k15 today and place my preorder yesterday afternoon. I'm confuse.

Ridicules. I've never got release date delivery from BBY before even w/ preorder months ahead. Got my nba 2k15 today and place my preorder yesterday afternoon. I'm confuse.

Made a thread on the BB forum about it, a few hours ago. No response yet.
Last time this happened was on Halo MC then it was added in the end wonder if they`ll offer an $10 gc vs 500 MyBB if it was truly an error.

I just did and it all worked! Sweet! I don't know what was going on for the last 48 hours on BB website but back in business! Thanks
Generally, clearing cache/cookies/browser history then loggin completely out and back in will fix most issues. Sometimes using a different browser too.

I ordered 2K yesterday and ended up getting today. I didn't even know until I looked at my email, it was sitting outside for the last 3 hours. I wish I would have known or I wouldn't have went and bought one at GS earlier. Now they need to hurry up and send me my KD preorder bonus code.

I ordered 2K yesterday and ended up getting today. I didn't even know until I looked at my email, it was sitting outside for the last 3 hours. I wish I would have known or I wouldn't have went and bought one at GS earlier. Now they need to hurry up and send me my KD preorder bonus code.
Was the copy you bought at GS sealed?

I ordered a bunch of shit over the past couple days. Majority of it came today.
6 ps vita games, borderlands vita bundle, 6 3ds games, 2 wii games and 1 xbone game (nba 2k15).
I didn't get 2 vita games, boderlands vita bundle and nba 2k15 yet. Evertyhing wasn't supposed to come until Wednesday. It was also funny because everything came in its own package. Got home and there was 1 box and 7 bubble envelopes in the house.

Highly doubt that.

I honestly might go ahead and do that with WalMart.
what makes you doubt that? what makes me think this is, oh i dont know, 10+ years straight of black friday's. And considering the huge amount of competition in late October and November (as it happens every single year), those Sept/early October games are going to need to make a push for sales. It'll happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back