Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my Mordor points today.

About to use them on Assassin's Creed Parity Unity PS4 and Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe PS4 (I hate the idea of Deluxe editions especially with how little content it adds but I am desperate for the mount it includes). I'm tempted by Alien Isolation and would have bought it if it had the $10 promo so I'll wait. Pre-ordering GTA V on PSN because that's a game I want to jump in easily. Iffy on CoD: AW, Far Cry 4 (I don't think they are that amazing, but for $40 with GCU + Pre-order Bonus Points, it may just make sense for day one), and the rest come out next year so they won't charge to my card in time for me to get 5% Cashback via Discover so no need to order yet.

To the people that got their Mordor points, were they pending beforehand?
Yes. My points showed up pending on the 9th and I got the cert on the 11th. I preordered on the 26th and picked up on the 27th. So it took the full 15 days.

wish I had a friend making a big purchase soon. I am only at 1600, theres no way im making it back to elite plus this year :/
Just buy 9 fully loaded VGC`s between now and yrs ends that`ll leave you about $47 short of $350. Use the cards to pay for your holiday shopping outside of BB & your normal monthly bills/expenses that can be paid via credit or debit card. If you spend $200/month at the supermarket that`s basically $600(3 cards) from now till Jan. Cell phone/cable bills can be another card or 2.
You`ll spend $53.xx in fees but earn $45 back in mybb certs so $8.xx in fees is what it`ll cost you to keep elite plus.

My $30 GCU expiring soon so rather not paying $120 for it now

How?

tearsintherain only two good Best Buy tricks right now are getting GCU
​What GCU trick?
How is your $30 expiring wasn`t it a 2 yr re-up?

I love the assumption that people have that kind of disposable income.
I'm going to be brutally honest here, if you can't float a grand or two from one form of payment to another then you do not have the money to be worrying about elite status or buying video games or much of anything. You either better be a teenager or you better be looking for a much better paying job.

I was there about 6 years ago after the bottom fell out for me and I had to start over but the last thing in the world I was doing was buying anything.

[quote name="reaperztoll" post="12156184" timestamp="1413163707"]I'm going to be brutally honest here, if you can't float a grand or two from one form of payment to another then you do not have the money to be worrying about elite status or buying video games or much of anything. You either better be a teenager or you better be looking for a much better paying job.

I was there about 6 years ago after the bottom fell out for me and I had to start over but the last thing in the world I was doing was buying anything.[/quote]
Right, because not being able to float 2 grand+ around for months at a time means you can't afford gaming at a site called CHEAP ass gamer...

sorry bad phrasing I just meant GCU giving 20% off is the best deal on new games. The only way to get a cheap GCU membership right now is to buy one of the free 2 year membership coupons they mailed out to people who bought a new ps4/console a few weeks ago.

I'm sure there will be another GCU deal between now and black friday though
Where would I find one those free 2 year membership coupons?

I'm going to be brutally honest here, if you can't float a grand or two from one form of payment to another then you do not have the money to be worrying about elite status or buying video games or much of anything. You either better be a teenager or you better be looking for a much better paying job.

I was there about 6 years ago after the bottom fell out for me and I had to start over but the last thing in the world I was doing was buying anything.
Didn't realize all these cheap people on here and flippers were sitting on 1-2k and can just spend it willy nilly.

Didn't realize all these cheap people on here and flippers were sitting on 1-2k and can just spend it willy nilly.
Your not "spending" the money at all. What he is saying is, goto best buy when you get a pay check. Put some money on prepaid Visa cards. Say your phone bill is $160, get one for $160. Then use that card to pay your phone bill. Two things happen with this, your bill gets paid and you get a purchase towards your membership at BB. I don't personally do this myself, but this is a pretty good idea.

I love the assumption that people have that kind of disposable income.
One of the reasons/ways to get thousands in play money is to follow some of my advice. It`s not a hard concept just convert your cash/cc to VGC and pay your normal bills via the VGC. If you`re already elite plus then you pay $0.95 per $200 card b/c you earn $5 back in BB certs.
Just 1 card per month is $2471.xx/$3500 towards elite plus and there`s tons of basic bills.

Groceries - $200-$400/month
Cell phone bill - $50 - $130/month
Cable bill - $60- $180/month
Car insurance - $150 - $300/month(via insurance broker)
Wifi/internet bill - $50 - $100/month
How much "real" money are u spending at
1-Walmart
2-Target
3- Fry`s
4- Amazon
5- Newegg
... pay using the VGC vs cash/credit/debit
It only takes $300/month or 2 cards to get the full $3500 but if you`re already trading/purchasing at BB u just need to cover the remaining gap. There`s ~2 1/3 months left this yr and xmas is coming do your shopping pay via VGC.

Your not "spending" the money at all. What he is saying is, goto best buy when you get a pay check. Put some money on prepaid Visa cards. Say your phone bill is $160, get one for $160. Then use that card to pay your phone bill. Two things happen with this, your bill gets paid and you get a purchase towards your membership at BB. I don't personally do this myself, but this is a pretty good idea.
Since the $5.95 fee is the same whether you load $20 or $200 try to always max the card, if a person loaded $20 that would be like paying a $5.95 atm fee and you`re not earning enough pts per card to fully overcome the fees.

But if a person only needed a set amount to reach elite plus with only a little time left this is the easiest way.

If there was a way to do that without losing money then I'm sure more people world.
What do u mean "if" anyone who`s already elite plus does the full $3500 an only lose $16.15 max($0.95 per card). If they use just one VGC & buy a $200 walmart VGC($4.95 fee) then spend that only on games at BB the earn 1000 base MyBB pts or $20. Add in the 25% elite plus pts they profit. If you`re losing money u missed a step or are doing something wrong.

Surprised that there` so much debate in princple after the Jan promo lots of CAG`s got 5-17 cards & wished the promo lasted longer than 2 days.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/325562-best-buy-5x-points-on-in-store-purchases-friday-through-saturday-30-off-select-3ds-xl-systems/

The next time it comes around I think alot of ppl will be enjoying free stuff, using the Jan pts on the destiny week console deal means GCU + a console was completely free.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/3621?device-view=desktop

Can you buy visa gift cards with a best buy MasterCard?
Of course, not sure if the points add up like they did in Jan though.

Can`t paypal/paypal mastercard be loaded via "debit card" and since alot of ppl consider that "cash" it would be a better option than amex bluebird.

So you're saying that theoretically I could:

1.) Use my Amex Blue Cash Preferred Card to get $200 in Best Buy GC's at my local grocery store (which I think gets me 6% cash back unless they exclude gift card purchases). 6% of $200 would be $12.

2,) Use those BB gift cards to get a Visa Gift Card at Best Buy. The gift card fee is something like $6, so now I'm looking at a net gain of $6. This would be 200 points (unless it's some other promotion) which is 50 points away from a $5 gift certificate. I think it generally equates to something like $4 in rewards (though you can only redeem at 250 points).

3.) Use the Visa prepaid gift cards to pay off various things like bills and other expected expenses every month. The $6 fee should theoretically be covered by my Amex card at the grocery store, plus the benefit of netting some Best Buy points. At the end of the day I'd be up $6 from the Amex card, and up 200 points at Best Buy.

Is that the jist or am I missing something? Is there a catch? I'm reading that people exploit the hell out of this essentially, with no penalty. It sounds fishy though. Couldn't Amex or Best Buy cut you off for trying to game the system?

the concept is called manufactured spending and imo it belongs in other forums, there are entire forums (flyertalk.com) dedicated to it.  but yes that does work, although many/most grocery stores will not let  you buy BB/any gift cards with a credit card - cash only.  Some cards like Citibank's do not give extra points for buying gift cards.  

You could instead just buy the VGC at best buy with a credit card, not sure why you are buying a BB gift card and adding another step, the only reason would be if your grocery store gives you extra bonuses for buying gift cards.  

I know guys who have spent $1m or more a year doing that, cycling through $100k+ a month on multiple credit cards to buy Vanilla, Greendot, etc credit cards, buying money orders with the GCs, and depositing the money orders back into their bank (to pay off the CCs).  Doing the VGC cycle at Best Buy to earn elite+ points is pretty small potatoes.  Most of these schemes are hard to pull off as credit card companies, grocery stores, Walmart, etc all have caught on and will step in to stop you.  You can't load a gift card onto paypal for example.  Amazon Payments shut down this week.

If you are a frequent flier using a airline credit card to buy gift cards is a pretty good deal, get yourself some free miles.

Note: if you are an unorganized slob I would not do this.  Losing a gift card that has $200 or $500 or $2000 on it will erase any possible savings you have made.  You really need to be extremely organized, efficient, and good at handling money matters in your head.

so if someone can't afford $1k-$2k then they shouldn't be buying a $40 video game? yea that make no sense

One of the reasons/ways to get thousands in play money is to follow some of my advice. It`s not a hard concept just convert your cash/cc to VGC and pay your normal bills via the VGC. If you`re already elite plus then you pay $0.95 per $200 card b/c you earn $5 back in BB certs.
you don't get bonus BB points on gift cards $250 GC = 250 points no matter what status you are.

Won`t work you don`t earn any pts at BB buying a VGC w/BB gc.

You would need to use your Amex to buy the BB VGC
17 cards cost $3501.15, of that $101.15 is fees
You earn $70 back in MyBB certs on the $3501.xx so $101.15- $70 is $35.15. That would be the true cost to get elite plus if you`re not already elite plus. If you have elite plus that adds $15 more in certs so $85 & the true cost drops to $20.15.

Amex won`t give 2 *ucks they`re hoping to score interest of that $3500 hoping you do min payments or overextend yourself.
In general VGC`s are huge profit items the fees are goldmines. Also, keep in mind transaction fees(for each swipe or use) of the VGC that money goes somewhere too. Customers rarely see the fees on what`s purchased using any card(debit/credit) vendors build it into the cost of the items sold or service provided. BB probably sees a chunk of that too. $5.95 up front then 3%-8% the $200 too they love the cards.

They may not like giving 3x or 5x pts on them but they`ll enjoy it very much if ppl converted non BB spending to VG.

you don't get bonus BB points on gift cards $250 GC = 250 points no matter what status you are.
VGC= visa gift cards not bestbuy giftcards

I don`t really understand the "loss of cards" mine stay in home safe or my wallet. If one loses or has their wallet stolen that often then wouldn`t even credit/debit card be at risk daily. Think BB`s trade in process is slow try getting your license/ID at the DMV but then again if you`re their all the time I guess you`d be a pro.

I keep 1-2 $200 "just in case" cards & 2 $500 "splurge" cards at least if Iose my wallet I can attempt to call and protect the funds if it`s cash you`re done and no way to track it.

you get bonus points on VGC but not bestbuy giftcards?
Yes, 257 MBB on a $205.95 VGC

On $10 pre-order topic,

Anyone wanna see Mortal Kombat X get added to the $10 pre-order promo or an instant $10 gc? MK games have good track record of being in BB promos. Pretty sure they offered a pre-order deal & instant gc on the on MK vs DC would love to see a wolfenstein type offer.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/5790?device-view=desktop

anyone having problems checking out on bestbuy.com ?

Trying to preorder evil within and it keeps freezing up
I cannot get to my cart withing receiving this error

We apologize. We're experiencing a technical problem.

Please clear your cart session and try adding your items again

EDIT: signed off, and deleted the history, its working again

Geez Enuf - give it a rest and take it somewhere else.

On topic, I can't wait to play the MCC. Getting it $12 off and a $10 cert on top of that is probably my top value of the year.

My pending points for Mordor still dont show the "Victory can be pre-ordered" bonus so lets hope those appear when the points finalize. I've been having a lot of issues lately with GCU where they have to scan my card twice to get it to show as GCU, no 10% bonus on my last trade, etc.

*EDIT*

I just realized that I paid the full amount at register, meaning they did not take my $5 pre-order into account so I probably wont be getting a $10 cert.  Guess i'll have to create yet another thread on the support forums...

Geez Enuf - give it a rest and take it somewhere else.

On topic, I can't wait to play the MCC. Getting it $12 off and a $10 cert on top of that is probably my top value of the year.
Only better deal for it was if you got in on the crazy MS trade in deal earlier this summer where you could trade dollar sports games for $10 each. That said I still will probably preorder through BB for the bonuses.

come on, let' support Wii U. Bayonetta 2 looks amazing (and likewise has been getting amazing reviews) and deserves to be on this list. Throw me a bone here BB.

come on, let' support Wii U. Bayonetta 2 looks amazing (and likewise has been getting amazing reviews) and deserves to be on this list. Throw me a bone here BB.
9.5 on IGN. 91 on Metacritic. Looking good, but I can't justify full price (even with GCU) knowing that Black Friday is a little over 6 weeks away.

Still not sure if I want to get the chief collection physical or digital. I know it's a game I'll never trade in but saving money is nice.

Still not sure if I want to get the chief collection physical or digital. I know it's a game I'll never trade in but saving money is nice.
Some titles seem to eventually have a digital sale that let's you trade in the physical copy for the same or more than the digital sale. COD: Ghost and Titanfall (others also) were good examples of this earlier this year. Not sure if Microsoft will do it on this title anytime soon, but you could use the physical copy for now and "trade up" for the digital version if it becomes reasonable, thus getting the best of both worlds.

So it seems that Microsoft is fighting back against Best Buy a bit here: http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-microsoft-stores-xbox-live-rewards

"Starting today, Xbox Live Rewards members will earn 15,000 rewards credits, yes that’s $15, for each Xbox One or Xbox 360 game pre-ordered and shipped through MicrosoftStore.com this holiday.

Microsoft Stores currently offers anyone who pre-orders a game a $10 gift card in Store or $10 on Xbox Live when ordered on MicrosoftStore.com."

I might have to look into this for Halo: TMMC and Sunset Overdrive rather than going the previous GCU and BB pre-order route.

I hate dealing with microsoft store, so they'll have to do a lot better than this to get my business. It's been over a year and they still can't figure out how to unlock my account (nor can they figure out why it's locked to begin with).

BB GCU, FTW!

I might have to look into this for Halo: TMMC and Sunset Overdrive rather than going the previous GCU and BB pre-order route.
Keep in mind all the other stuff, BB has exclusive DLC for both of those games and Sunset comes with a koozie and Halo comes with a map guide for apparently every multiplayer map included in the collection.

For people who don't care about physical stuff and don't use credit at BB though that Microsoft Store offer is still a good deal though.

in the same boat as you but I'm going digital for Halo (my first ever game I'll be buying digitally). Don't want to deal with midnight crowds and I'm hoping we can play it at 12:01 ET the day of.

I am still pre-ordering it for "$40" from BB to get the pre-order bonuses. Then, I'll either sell it to a friend for $40 or trade it for that price to 'break even' while getting the bonuses.

Might keep the game case while I'm at it, too.

As a GCU member, I wrestle with going digital or physical on the MCC. I think the cheaper price and preorder incentives might tip me towards physical.

So you'll get $25 though Microsoft?
$15 total, I think. If you read the article, it actually says you'll get 5,000 in XBL credits more than non-rewards members. I interpret that as meaning you'll get $15 in XBL credits total.

"Xbox Live Rewards members will receive 15,000 rewards credits, 5,000 credits more than non-Rewards members receive, for each game pre-ordered on both Xbox One and Xbox 360. Just make sure to use the same email when you order that’s associated with your Xbox Live account."

I wanted to go digital when the next gen came out... but neogaf (12-year old kids) flame Xbox One cause it to change their ways of sharing games.

I like physical disc due to space limited on the consoles. Having a physical disc you get to keep and display so you know you have it. As for digital; once the time has past and you run out of space you'll have to make room for your new games.

in the same boat as you but I'm going digital for Halo (my first ever game I'll be buying digitally). Don't want to deal with midnight crowds and I'm hoping we can play it at 12:01 ET the day of.

I am still pre-ordering it for "$40" from BB to get the pre-order bonuses. Then, I'll either sell it to a friend for $40 or trade it for that price to 'break even' while getting the bonuses.
It's 12:01PT, that's what it was with Forza Horizon 2. So it would be 3:01ET.

Glad to see I'm not the only one dealing with this struggle lol. Pretty much all my Xbox games are digital except zoo tycoon. I came in late and got quite a bit of credit cheap so used that to build my library but I'm out of Xbox credit now so I'll have to see

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back