Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on the game. For games like SSO you'll be fine. It's not like they're gonna sell out tomorrow. As long as the system will allow it, you can still pre-order.

I was able to get the Destiny White PS4 bundle pre-ordered in store when that SKU got taken out of the kiosk and was no longer available for in-store pickup online. If when they enter the SKU into the computer it doesn't return an error, then you're good to go.

If you pre-order on a Monday before release and they don't physically have any more copies of the game in the store (like a niche JRPG or something), then you'll most likely have to wait until a copy is shipped to the store. Regardless, even in this case you should be able to pre-order in the store.

A lot of employees will tell you it's not possible without the slip or whatever, but just politely tell them to enter it and see what happens. If you can't, the system will tell them.

Yup.
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help. I'll definitely hit BBY up as soon as I get off.

If I had to guess, I would say it's along the same lines as the issue many others are having with the term dates ending too early.

It'll give you the date in your confirmation email in case you need it in the meantime. If you do contact Best Buy, please let me know what you find out. Good luck!

How long does it take to get the welcome email with the coupons?

On another note I had to chuckle when I got my GCU today, the dude that rung me up saw I was getting GCU and he said "good, it's a great deal"(not knowing about the special), then it dropped to $30 and the look on his face was priceless, he said what is going on and I said is the special yall are running you didn't know,apparently he had just recently got GCU his self and paid full price...... :p

Edit: sorry wrong thread :p

How long does it take to get the welcome email with the coupons?

On another note I had to chuckle when I got my GCU today, the dude that rung me up saw I was getting GCU and he said "good, it's a great deal"(not knowing about the special), then it dropped to $30 and the look on his face was priceless, he said what is going on and I said is the special yall are running you didn't know,apparently he had just recently got GCU his self and paid full price...... :p

Edit: sorry wrong thread :p
Since you asked, you should get the welcome coupons within 24 hours. I extended my membership yesterday and had my coupons this morning.

On COD: AW is most people getting the xb1 or ps4 version? trying to figure out which one going to have the better resolution and more active on-line community on it

I stopped in after work and was able to pre-order using the SKU. Thanks a bunch guys!

On COD: AW is most people getting the xb1 or ps4 version? trying to figure out which one going to have the better resolution and more active on-line community on it
I'm going with X1. Xbox Live is better, in my opinion and that is where my friends play. As far as resolution, have they said anything?

I stopped in after work and was able to pre-order using the SKU. Thanks a bunch guys!

I'm going with X1. Xbox Live is better, in my opinion and that is where my friends play. As far as resolution, have they said anything?
if they have all i have heard so far is that both xbox one and ps4 will be 60fps and when asked about resolution the developers just keep saying they are going to keep parity between the two version but no actual numbers are given at least none that i can find. lol that why i was hoping someone here might of seen something different.

I'm going with PS4 as I don't have a XB1 yet. Pre-ordered it in store when I reluctantly traded in (PS3) Black Ops I and II last week. I don't believe there will be much of a resolution difference anyhow.

I'm going with PS4 as I don't have a XB1 yet. Pre-ordered it in store when I reluctantly traded in (PS3) Black Ops I and II last week. I don't believe there will be much of a resolution difference anyhow.
thanks for the opinions guys i think im just go with the xbox one version since 1.Sledgehammer said that the fps will be 60 for both and that the resolution should be the same 2. There seem to be a larger community probably on xbox one by looking at the pre-order numbers

xbox one pre-order: 257,817

ps4 pre-orders: 192,251

thanks for the opinions guys i think im just go with the xbox one version since 1.Sledgehammer said that the fps will be 60 for both and that the resolution should be the same 2. There seem to be a larger community probably on xbox one by looking at the pre-order numbers

xbox one pre-order: 257,817

ps4 pre-orders: 192,251
Where did you get those numbers from?

If you plan on getting the season pass and have both console personally I'd go xb1 for the early access. Personally I'd pick based off our friendslist. Who do you typically play shooters with and if they are planning on getting the game.

So you're drawing conclusions about the PS4's resolution based on the Xbox One multiplayer review? I mean, assuming 1080p on the PS4 just because it's the PS4 seems a bit silly. BF4 didn't hit it, so we could easily see both consoles running 900p (not that someone on a 720p TV like myself minds either way).

So you're drawing conclusions about the PS4's resolution based on the Xbox One multiplayer review? I mean, assuming 1080p on the PS4 just because it's the PS4 seems a bit silly. BF4 didn't hit it, so we could easily see both consoles running 900p (not that someone on a 720p TV like myself minds either way).
True, but Ghosts did hit 1080p on the ps4. I believe AW will be 900p on the X1 based on what DF said though. We will have to wait until next week to see what the ps4 runs at.

True, but Ghosts did hit 1080p on the ps4. I believe AW will be 900p on the X1 based on what DF said though. We will have to wait until next week to see what the ps4 runs at.
But... who really gives a shit? Are you telling me you can see a noticeable difference between 900p upscaled to 1080p and native 1080p?

Graphics whores have always annoyed me. Buy games for the gameplay, not for the pretty flowers!

Ghosts was also kind of a crap game. It's probably reasonable to think that Advanced Warfare will top it, from a visuals standpoint. IT also could simply end up that they go with the "LCD" route, and give both consoles the same resolution, just because.

But... who really gives a shit? Are you telling me you can see a noticeable difference between 900p upscaled to 1080p and native 1080p?

Graphics whores have always annoyed me. Buy games for the gameplay, not for the pretty flowers!
Well, in fairness, the gameplay is the same on each iteration, so the resolution is really the only difference, from a software standpoint.

Ghosts was also kind of a crap game. It's probably reasonable to think that Advanced Warfare will top it, from a visuals standpoint. IT also could simply end up that they go with the "LCD" route, and give both consoles the same resolution, just because.

Well, in fairness, the gameplay is the same on each iteration, so the resolution is really the only difference, from a software standpoint.
Ghost was shit more because of map design than because of gameplay IMO.

And yeah, but I'm talking about graphics difference in the same game, not in different games.

It seems with both Assassins Creed and COD having Xbox One bundles, both developers are going for resolution parity. I really doubt that happened on its own. Having both consoles, I don't care either way, but it just seems phishy. Why would you buy the Special Edition AC Xbox knowing it plays better on another system?

Can't wait to pick up Sunset tomorrow, it looks fun. It's the main reason I got the Xbox, exclusives like that. Now with the Xbox for $350, I'm actually thinking about picking up the White Xbox. I could give my son the black one and keep the white one and kinect for myself. Has anyone heard any info on how limited these White ones are supposed to be? Could I wait till a better deal comes along or should I try to get it sooner? 11/9 at Kmart, you get $60 back in points with purchase of Xbox and a game.

Just to be sure. If I go pick up the game tomorrow and I want to save $5 on the season pass. Could I add it to my online preorder for instore pick up? Or do I have to return/rebuy? Also I received the Sunset Can Cooler for preordering online, but it's shipped. If I did a return/rebuy would it mess that up?

Sorry for rambling, I've been drinking....

Does it take awhile for orders to reflect on the accounts? I just placed an order before midnight and I haven't gotten a "We've received your order..." email yet. And usually I get them a few seconds after placing the order. I did see the charge on my checking account though.

Weird. Guess I'll wait till the morning.

Ghost was shit more because of map design than because of gameplay IMO.

And yeah, but I'm talking about graphics difference in the same game, not in different games.
Yes, but when you say, "don't pick for resolution, pick for gameplay," and the gameplay is the same on each console, you can't pick for gameplay, unless you pick neither or both. So, there has to be something to differentiate, I suppose, and it might be resolution.

Does it take awhile for orders to reflect on the accounts? I just placed an order before midnight and I haven't gotten a "We've received your order..." email yet. And usually I get them a few seconds after placing the order. I did see the charge on my checking account though.

Weird. Guess I'll wait till the morning.
I placed a order not long ago either and haven't recieved a confirmation email either but it happen a few times before and by morning I had the email

Yes, but when you say, "don't pick for resolution, pick for gameplay," and the gameplay is the same on each console, you can't pick for gameplay, unless you pick neither or both. So, there has to be something to differentiate, I suppose, and it might be resolution.
Personally, the difference for me would be the controller and the early access to stuff on XBL.

Personally, the difference for me would be the controller and the early access to stuff on XBL.
I agree on the controller, but I've not purchased a Season Pass since they started (thought I got the BL2 GotY for $40), and the only DLC I've ever paid for was a pair of RB2 tracks, a couple of Halo 2 and Halo 3 maps packs, and the MK8 stuff, so timing of DLC I'm not going to buy won't factor in, but that's me.

Anyway, I guess that's enough off-topic for this thread. Looks like I'm done with pre-orders for 2014, as nothing else intriguing offers certs (have SO, CoD, and Halo).

I placed a order not long ago either and haven't recieved a confirmation email either but it happen a few times before and by morning I had the email
I figured that. Thanks for letting me know you got the same thing :)

But I wonder since I placed my order online and I'm doing in-store pick up tomorrow. Can I still get the Sunset Overdrive season pass for $15 despite me already ordering the game. Do you think that's possible or am I "SOL"? I would also like to get that hate, too for .99...

I apologize if I'm derailing the thread with my question :(

Decided to jump in on Overdrive.

Just can't pass up getting $10 on top of 20% off. Helps knowing I'll be able to trade it right back in for $44 next week when I grab Call of Duty.

I figured that. Thanks for letting me know you got the same thing :)

But I wonder since I placed my order online and I'm doing in-store pick up tomorrow. Can I still get the Sunset Overdrive season pass for $15 despite me already ordering the game. Do you think that's possible or am I "SOL"? I would also like to get that hate, too for .99...

I apologize if I'm derailing the thread with my question :(
I would be interested in knowing this too if anyone knows.

The pass I may pass on since I still have quite a bit of MS credit from the Kongregate affair, but the hat is cool looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back