Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it take awhile for orders to reflect on the accounts? I just placed an order before midnight and I haven't gotten a "We've received your order..." email yet. And usually I get them a few seconds after placing the order. I did see the charge on my checking account though.

Weird. Guess I'll wait till the morning.
I thought I was the only one. Let us hope morning brings us good news :)

This is going to be a good week. PS4 2.0 firmware, Sunset OverDrive, Evolve Alpha, and GCU for $30. :)
Evolve Alpha? Seriously? I think I signed up for that. I need to get some serious work put into Sunset Overdrive and The Evil Within before CoD comes out. I can't ALSO play that alpha. UGH, WHY ARE THERE SO MANY GAMES?!

I'm already think ahead to the busy week of 11/18-11/21. 6 games and 8 amiibo figures for me.
6 games in that week alone? I can imagine Smash and both Pokémon games, but what else? GTA, FC4, DA:I and WWE release, though I don't intend to play any of them. I'm hoping we have that sweet, delicious MK8 DLC by then.

6 games in that week alone? I can imagine Smash and both Pokémon games, but what else? GTA, FC4, DA:I and WWE release, though I don't intend to play any of them. I'm hoping we have that sweet, delicious MK8 DLC by then.
Pokemon, smash, little big planet 3, GTA, FC4, and WWE. All at best buy too, they get to much money from me.

Aw that i kind of sucks. I'm at around $1000 spent now, I might get another $200-$300 this holiday season unless i suddenly decide i need another big box item. so by the time I get to $1500 there might be only 1 month of elite to enjoy. Thanks for answering atleast!
Just buy VGC`s to make up the difference best not to wait so late in the yr though. Doing 1 per month basically knocks ~$2500/$3500 needed timing with the right promo sweetens the deal sometimes to epic lengths.

Both. My love for best buy trumps any other store.
You and me both. All three Best Buy's near my location know me on a first name bases, lol. I buy movies, music CD's, video games. And video games, and video games.

Target is second and then Walmart.

You and me both. All three Best Buy's near my location know me on a first name bases, lol. I buy movies, music CD's, video games. And video games, and video games.

I wish my Best Buy carried music I liked. I picked up a couple of CDs in June, but I went for one last week, and I couldn't find it. Music I like is hard to find in physical form, in terms of buying in-town. Luckily, some record labels price their CDs really well (one had new releases at $7.99, and had a $10, two-CD combo for a pair od new releases).

I go to one best buy, most if the time. They know me too well there. It is only like 8 mintues away then the next two are 20 in opposite directions.

I wish my Best Buy carried music I liked. I picked up a couple of CDs in June, but I went for one last week, and I couldn't find it. Music I like is hard to find in physical form, in terms of buying in-town. Luckily, some record labels price their CDs really well (one had new releases at $7.99, and had a $10, two-CD combo for a pair od new releases).
I usually only buy music CDs on release week at Best Buy. Hard to find CD's I will either search on eBay or Amazon for purchase. I like when Best Buy has an exclusive to an artist and they have bonus tracks. It's a win-win situation. I get the bonus tracks, cheaper price compared to the other brick and mortar stores and the reward zone points.

I go to one best buy, most if the time. They know me too well there. It is only like 8 mintues away then the next two are 20 in opposite directions.
Same with me. The other two I go to are 20 minutes out but the one that's close to me is 10 minutes away. I could work there if I wanted. If I applied I'm sure, lol.

My BBY orders through the website never send an email or show up under orders. It takes a full day sometimes.
I just got the "We've received your order, but please wait to pick up..." confirmation email this morning. Followed by the "The store you selected for pickup, is currently closed. We will send another e-mail notifying you when your order is ready for pickup." So I guess I will get the Sunset Overdrive pick up notification when the store is open. That's fine because I got a few errands to run.

Has anyone's sunset overdrive actually shipped? Mine has been processing since Thursday.
Nope. I also have an order for Fantasy Life that hasn't shipped and that was released on Friday and is readily available in most BB stores. There are several similar complaints on the BB forums right now. I don't understand the point of preordering games months in advance if they can't at least ship it on or before the release date.

I would be interested in knowing this too if anyone knows.

The pass I may pass on since I still have quite a bit of MS credit from the Kongregate affair, but the hat is cool looking.
Same here, if anybody was able to add the hat onto their in store pickup order please let us know, not interested in getting the pass but if I can add a hat on for a buck, why not?

Has anyone's sunset overdrive actually shipped? Mine has been processing since Thursday.
I think mine said it shipped as early as Saturday but the UPS tracking didn't really start until 10/27. It shipped via UPS Next Day Air Saver, which seems kind of new - I might actually get something on release date from best buy and that would be a first.... although tracking shows the game is no where close.

Interesting I finally got my conformation last night on my cod preorder and since it actually show a release date date of 11/3 so since I have gotten every other game delivered on release day I feel more confident that I will get CoD on Monday instead of Tuesday as well

Interesting I finally got my conformation last night on my cod preorder and since it actually show a release date date of 11/3 so since I have gotten every other game delivered on release day I feel more confident that I will get CoD on Monday instead of Tuesday as well
All preorder copies of COD are coming out on Monday...

Wasn't there some kind of refund promise if you didn't receive the day zero edition on Monday ?

So did we get any kind of clarification yet on Post Price Adjusting games when you used GCU?
as of right now no since all the mods are straight up refusing price adjustments and saying that they cant be done. Delta said news will be announced soon though on the official answer though. so for now it just a waiting game to see what the official response going to be.

I was able to pick up a Sunset Overdrive hat for a buck with my In-store pick up order of the game, they just price adjusted the hat and put the reason as pre-ordered game. However I have a small head and this hat is still pretty tight/too small on me :p

I was able to pick up a Sunset Overdrive hat for a buck with my In-store pick up order of the game, they just price adjusted the hat and put the reason as pre-ordered game. However I have a small head and this hat is still pretty tight/too small on me :p
Where were the hats located?

Where were the hats located?
There was a little stand that had the game, the hats, and the season passes (along with some 3 month live cards) on it by the gaming section, it was actually the spot where all the games were even since it didn't have it's own spot on the normal gaming shelf on my store.

as of right now no since all the mods are straight up refusing price adjustments and saying that they cant be done. Delta said news will be announced soon though on the official answer though. so for now it just a waiting game to see what the official response going to be.
Q: Can the 20% off benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Q: Can the 20% off benefit be combined with a price match?
hell yea about time. But I really wish they would add that to the normal low price guarantee faq also though to refer the instore and phone reps to

hell yea about time. But I really wish they would add that to the normal low price guarantee faq also though to refer the instore and phone reps to
Will see what we can do about that. In the process of getting the FAQs and T's and C's updated and linked directly on the new Gamers Club page on bestbuy.com to make this easier for everyone. Will take a little time to get that done yet.

In the meantime, find the most recently updated FAQs here: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club-Unlocked/td-p/723505

Apologies once again as getting this updated and communicated took longer than hoped. Again, just want to point out this is only for matching Best Buy prices. The policy regarding matching competitor prices remains the same, can either take the discount with GCU applied OR the competitor price without GCU applied.

Hope this clarification makes the whole process smoother for all.

Just did my finally order for the big releases for this year. Ordered  :ps4: AC Unity,  :ps4: Far Cry 4, and  :xb1: GTA V. I have LB3 already preordered also. Passed on COD AW since I have to wait to buy it on 360 to get the XB1 copy free. I have Halo MCC and Sunset Overdrive(bout to go get it) preordered at MS store so I didn't pass on those. Here's to hoping whatever I didn't get goes on sale during BF or around Christmas time.

Not sure if this has been brought up, but can I preorder the game for the Xbox 360 AND Xbox One and receive 2 10$ reward certificates? I understand it says "Limited one per title per customer" but wasn't sure if this had been tested yet or not (same title, different systems).

Not sure if this has been brought up, but can I preorder the game for the Xbox 360 AND Xbox One and receive 2 10$ reward certificates? I understand it says "Limited one per title per customer" but wasn't sure if this had been tested yet or not (same title, different systems).
Nope, you only get one per account. Doesn't matter if they're on different systems.

Been tearing up my house to find the damn Sunset Overdrive preorder card with my receipt and no luck. Do I have to buy the game on day one to get the pre-order bonus? Do they keep your pre-orders on file at Best Buy like GameStop does? And, am I freaking out prematurely?

Been tearing up my house to find the damn Sunset Overdrive preorder card with my receipt and no luck. Do I have to buy the game on day one to get the pre-order bonus? Do they keep your pre-orders on file at Best Buy like GameStop does? And, am I freaking out prematurely?
I just walked in and picked up Sunset Overdrive today (with the GCU deal going on) and I got the Day One DLC in my copy. Hope this helps!

Just did my finally order for the big releases for this year. Ordered :ps4: AC Unity, :ps4: Far Cry 4, and :xb1: GTA V. I have LB3 already preordered also. Passed on COD AW since I have to wait to buy it on 360 to get the XB1 copy free. I have Halo MCC and Sunset Overdrive(bout to go get it) preordered at MS store so I didn't pass on those. Here's to hoping whatever I didn't get goes on sale during BF or around Christmas time.
I actually just picked up the GCU today. Went ahead and pre-ordered CoD: AW, Far Cry 4, GTA V, Halo MCC and Evolve - all for the Xbox One. I figured these will either be lightly discounted (or not at all) during Black Friday. Also during Black Friday, trying to get my hands on Forza Horizon 2, The Evil Within and Shadow of Mordor. I'm hoping for a price point around $25 (with GCU)!

BB can looks them up in the system via reward zone info.

The receipt just makes it easier.

Picked up SSO today with hat and season pass. The movers coupon wasn't working, so the guy manually discounted it and I ended up with everything for $59.55 out the door. (he took 7.99 off the game for "10%")

The $.99 with purchase hat got GCU applied, so it was $.79

According to the preorder receipts, they are supposed to hold your preorder for 5 days, but I'm not sure if that is the cutoff date for preorder bonus. I would guess they cut it off at some point. I wouldn't worry as long as you pick it up this week.

They should have your preorder on file. My Best Buy usually has copies of the receipts taped to the preorders and ready to go.

They can look up your preorder in the system actually.

But in case you run into an untrained employee that's stuck by him or herself, I'd come in prepared by just looking up your purchase history through the Account Overview option online. Your preorder transaction will have a specific customer PIN number which essentially is the deposit receipt that the cashier can reprint using that PIN number.

Picked up Sunset Overdrive, lol. I don't even own a XBone. Picked it up so I can use my reward zone cert. which expires on 11/15 and because of the 30 GCU. This way when Far Cry 4 release I hopefully will have a new 10 cert and trade in credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back