Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="Donut2922" post="12191381" timestamp="1414522490"]Wow lol[/quote]
Best part? The protection cost $2 for a $1 item. I don't even...

Ended up adding 2 more years of GCU. Extended to September of 2018.

Sunset is quite fun. It'll be a quick flip back once COD comes out, but very entertaining game.

Damn I forgot abou the hat... Oh well. Anyways, I (clearly) picked up my copy of Sunset Overdrive. Can't wait to get home to pop this sucker in. Also picked up 2 more years of GCU. Looks like I'm good till Dec 2017.

Right, I went through like 15 pages before giving up.  So if I missed answers to these questions, I apologize:

If I want to get the PC version of DA: Inquisition, does the 10 dollar pre-order credit apply or is it only for the games listed?

Bonus question:  The PC version of DA: Inquisition will have an Origin download key, right?

Right, I went through like 15 pages before giving up. So if I missed answers to these questions, I apologize:

If I want to get the PC version of DA: Inquisition, does the 10 dollar pre-order credit apply or is it only for the games listed?

Bonus question: The PC version of DA: Inquisition will have an Origin download key, right?
No version of DA: Inquisition has the $10 in points attached to it. :cry:

Has anyone ever got their preorder DLC through email before they even picked up the game? I got an email with the Sunset Overdrive code and I haven't even been to Best Buy today to pick up my Xbox One.

Q: Can the 20% off benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.
Nice to see some official clarification on the policy and it is most definitely good news for us . Now we just need some word on the holiday price match policy. Having the ability to price adjust games like cod , halo mcc , ac unity , Far cry 4 , and gta v through the end of December should give us at least 10$ and possibly 20$ drops on those titles . If your elite plus the holdiday pm policy won't make much of a difference but if not it's huge .

Traded in ghosts today for advanced warfare. Though I kinda hate on COD upgrades every year, AW looks kinda fun since I cant play titanfall.

And 10 dollar coupon off plus 10 dollar cert plus 10 dollar TIV plus GCU means Ill be paying around 25 net which is pretty damn good

Has anyone ever got their preorder DLC through email before they even picked up the game? I got an email with the Sunset Overdrive code and I haven't even been to Best Buy today to pick up my Xbox One.
yea I preordered it yesterday evening and then about midnight I got the code emailed to me

According to the preorder receipts, they are supposed to hold your preorder for 5 days, but I'm not sure if that is the cutoff date for preorder bonus. I would guess they cut it off at some point. I wouldn't worry as long as you pick it up this week.

They should have your preorder on file. My Best Buy usually has copies of the receipts taped to the preorders and ready to go.
I got off from work pretty late tonight so I'll probably go pick it up tomorrow or Thursday night. I still haven't found the original receipt, but I hope everything will work out. I've finally gotten to the age that if I don't get a pre-order the same day, I'll live, but I really want to play this game, so I'm hoping everything will be cool when I finally drive to Best Buy to pick it up. I might do my pre-orders online going forward since I (a) hate having to hold onto superfluous pieces of paper and (b) don't like having to drive to Best Buy since it ain't close.

Anyone got their SSO Best Buy exclusive preorder bonus yet? Not the day one bonus with the game. I usually get them via email if I preorder online. But I preorder in store this time and I haven't got anything yet.

Second time in a row I've recieved a game with a fucked up case from bestbuy.com

This is really starting to piss me off. Especially since I adore the Sunset Overdrive cover art. I'm gonna take mine back to my store and see if they will exchange it for me.

Hey guys went to pick up SSO 30mins ago. Did in store pickup, and the girl brought up an SSO Xbox One Bundle. I asked her if that was my order she checked and said u ordered the xbox one sunset overdrive edition.

I'm in shock walked out with xbone for $51 OTD. Any ideas why that happened? Should I worry? Even the lp guy at the door looked and told me to enjoy the Xbox lol.

Hey guys went to pick up SSO 30mins ago. Did in store pickup, and the girl brought up an SSO Xbox One Bundle. I asked her if that was my order shed checked and said u ordered the xbox one sunset overdrive edition.

I'm in shock walked out with xbone for $51 OTD. Any ideas why that happened? Should I worry? Even the lp guy at the door looked and told me to enjoy the Xbox lol.
I would be worry about the rightful owner showing up and his order missing and them finding out someone else took it. Followed by checking the tapes seeing your face on the video followed by a theft charge but eh xbox is worth different amount to different people

Hey guys went to pick up SSO 30mins ago. Did in store pickup, and the girl brought up an SSO Xbox One Bundle. I asked her if that was my order shed checked and said u ordered the xbox one sunset overdrive edition.

I'm assuming your receipt just says you bought the game? Sounds like someone screwed up big time. I personally would not have walked out with it because someone could lose their job over that kind of mistake.

I'm bummed. Not hat, or can cooler at my store...what a rip. Microsoft store gave out t-shirts with the pre-order there.
I had to ask the guy getting my pre-order about the drink cooler. He didn't know if they were giving anything out and called on his radio to see if they were giving things away with the pre-order. I got mine, but you'd think they'd let customer service know about things like this without the customer having to educate them.

Hey guys went to pick up SSO 30mins ago. Did in store pickup, and the girl brought up an SSO Xbox One Bundle. I asked her if that was my order she checked and said u ordered the xbox one sunset overdrive edition.

Something similar happened to me, looooooong ago. I pre-ordered Guitar Hero: Aerosmith on the 360, just the game. When I went to get it, they gave me the bundle with the guitar ($100 vs. $60). I honestly don't remember what all went down that day, though I'm guessing I asked WtF and the GameStop dude didn't care, or I just kept my mouth shut and went on my way.

Meanwhile, I've never served jail time over it, so I wouldn't worry TOO hard. Still, I'd also have a rough time not feeling guilty as crap that I could have screwed a customer out of a console and potentially got an employee fired.

I would be worry about the rightful owner showing up and his order missing and them finding out someone else took it. Followed by checking the tapes seeing your face on the video followed by a theft charge but eh xbox is worth different amount to different people
Your probably joking, but if not, this is extremely doubtful. They might figure out who did it and ask him to bring it back, but I don't think they can legally do anything to him. He checked out and they gave him the wrong item even after he asked and they double checked it. Loss prevention even saw him and let him leave. I'm not saying he should keep it and think that it's cool, but he is not getting a theft charge.

did the sticker say your name?

all my online-in store pickup have a sticker with name/order number on it

Did she give you a wink and a smile?

I got the last hat at my store.  There were some coolers left but it was a pain to find them.  They were still in a box that the employees didn't put out.  I had to ask for it and one of the cashiers stumbled upon the box of coozies behind the CS counter.  My store has gone downhill.  A ton of the experienced associates just left the store for new jobs or transferred to other stores.  Apparently one of their floor managers has created a drama filled workplace so a bunch of them decided to leave and now they've hired a ton of new staff.  RIP Curtner store.  

Right, I went through like 15 pages before giving up. So if I missed answers to these questions, I apologize:

Bonus question: The PC version of DA: Inquisition will have an Origin download key, right?
The complete list of game is literally linked in the very sentance of the OP which is page 1 line 1. Where did you start your epic 15 page quest at?

Nice to see some official clarification on the policy and it is most definitely good news for us . Now we just need some word on the holiday price match policy. Having the ability to price adjust games like cod , halo mcc , ac unity , Far cry 4 , and gta v through the end of December should give us at least 10$ and possibly 20$ drops on those titles . If your elite plus the holdiday pm policy won't make much of a difference but if not it's huge .
Not at all the holiday extended price match ALWAYS trumps Elite plus you get close to 3 months from purchase vs 45(previous 60 days). So pretty much all of Nov, all of Dec all of Jan. is normally covered this actually works out better for black friday. You buy all the $10 gc or pre-order games trading them in for highest value. Then rebuy during the holidays via the cheapest deal further reduced by trade credit or certs. Then pm the original purchase thru those 90 days getting another $10-$20 back.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Two-2014-Extended-Holiday-Return-period-adjustments-needed/idi-p/853477

Bestbuy lady couldn't even be bothered to charge me for the hat just gave it to me for free.   I love this freaking hat and I just used the beer cozy.  God damn I'm in love with the game and I haven't even had a chance to play it yet.  

Bestbuy lady couldn't even be bothered to charge me for the hat just gave it to me for free. I love this freaking hat and I just used the beer cozy. God damn I'm in love with the game and I haven't even had a chance to play it yet.
If you love it before you played it, then you'll want to make love to it after you play it. Great game, Insomniac came through and delivered.

Bestbuy lady couldn't even be bothered to charge me for the hat just gave it to me for free. I love this freaking hat and I just used the beer cozy. God damn I'm in love with the game and I haven't even had a chance to play it yet.
I made the mistake of asking for the promo items after my purchase was complete. The associate said it needed to be rang up with the game (even though the koozie is free, the upc barcode still needs to be scanned). The only way to get it would be to return and rebuy. The problem is I paid with Amex gift cards and it takes time to process the refund. I decided it wasn't worth the possibility of returning the game without being able to rebuy it right away with the gift card.

I made the mistake of asking for the promo items after my purchase was complete. The associate said it needed to be rang up with the game (even though the koozie is free, the upc barcode still needs to be scanned). The only way to get it would be to return and rebuy. The problem is I paid with Amex gift cards and it takes time to process the refund. I decided it wasn't worth the possibility of returning the game without being able to rebuy it right away with the gift card.
yeah i guess the employees don't really have any idea what they are doing sometimes. i bought mine online and had the cozy sent to me me but just asked for hat and was all set to pay her but she just gave it away and even printed out a receipt for $0. I think i'm done bothering with in store pickup for anything that I'm sure will be on the shelf. It's quicker just to grab it and take it to a regular cashier

A reg. "Exchange" or "Even Exchange" with the added items would`ve worked. Non aware reps could refund the purchase back directly to a instantly usable BB giftcard however that would negate most MyBB pts on the purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back