Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know I would preorder it tonight. When I preordered yesterday in the cart it says below the gamer zone unlocked price that Sale ends tomorrow, and it now says sale ends today. I'm not sure what the sale means, if its the 10 dollar cert or just pre orders in general.

And I should be able to pick it up at midnight tomorrow when I ordered online for in store pick up right? I guess I'll see if I get an email tomorrow and if not call up and find out.
I ordered destiny on monday at 10pm. Got several emails. Got an email 1am saying my order would be ready for pickup on Tuesday. I also did get the $10 cert.
Edit: I need got SO delivered to my house. I got the can koozie on Tueday and got the game on Thursday.

Yes, you still get the $10 cert for online preorders shipped to your house. You need not set foot in a BB again (until it comes time to renew your GCU).
Awesome! Thanks, and thank you everyone else! I thought that was the case but it feels good to know for sure these pre-orders will all work out the way I'm thinking.

Has anyone ever gone to a midnight launch and your order be an online (bby) instore pickup order?

If so, was it ready for you or did you have to force them to start the transaction and close the bby order?

I've always pre-ordered online and then just picked up in-store at midnight and it was just waiting in the pick-up basket like any other time.  Transaction went just like any other pick-up of an online order.

The last Midnight launch I went to the store pick up line was much quicker than the in store pre order line. Picking mine up at midnight tonight and staying home from work tomorrow to take advantage of the double xp!!!:)

I've always pre-ordered online and then just picked up in-store at midnight and it was just waiting in the pick-up basket like any other time. Transaction went just like any other pick-up of an online order.

Awesome. But did you receive a "your item is ready to pick up email" the day of the midnight launch?

Ex....receiving a pick up email today for the midnight launch of COD Aw.

Awesome. But did you receive a "your item is ready to pick up email" the day of the midnight launch?

For Destiny, I received the email 3 hours before the midnight launch. The email stated it'd be ready to pickup on launch day, which technically the midnight release counts as launch day.

*EDIT*

Just got my email saying my CoD will be ready for pickup "Monday" (ie 12am)

I got a phone call about the midnight pickup backup being moved up to 9pm for arizona due to timezones. We don't believe in daylight savings . Then got an mail yesterday about daylight savings changing and pickup was moved to 10pm.

ok guys, I did read the FAQ but did not find what my answer.I

I pre-ordered COd AW lsat week, but I was not a GCU member yet. Today I became a GCU member, and it is already showing up on my profile that I am GCU.

Will I have trouble getting the 20% off tomorrow when I pick up my game in store since I pre-ordered without being a member yet? Do they need to do anything different? Cancel and reorder? Also, that $10,00 coupon towards the AW purchase (obtained when I traded in ghosts) will stack fine?

Thank you

So who else lives in a CST zone and has a store that is not opening until midnight?  I told them about the website and that it was advertised at 11:00 CST, but they said, "It is the managers discretion."

ok guys, I did read the FAQ but did not find what my answer.I

I pre-ordered COd AW lsat week, but I was not a GCU member yet. Today I became a GCU member, and it is already showing up on my profile that I am GCU.

Will I have trouble getting the 20% off tomorrow when I pick up my game in store since I pre-ordered without being a member yet? Do they need to do anything different? Cancel and reorder? Also, that $10,00 coupon towards the AW purchase (obtained when I traded in ghosts) will stack fine?

Thank you
to be safe, i'll cancel and preorder again. this is bby, i'm sure they'll find a reason to screw up. you'll need to do this asap for the $10 back, i think they may stop taking preorders for AW in the next few hrs.

to be safe, i'll cancel and preorder again. this is bby, i'm sure they'll find a reason to screw up. you'll need to do this asap for the $10 back, i think they may stop taking preorders for AW in the next few hrs.
I found my answer:

Q: If I have already pre-ordered games, will the 20% off be applied to those orders?
A: This will depend on whether you placed these pre-orders in-store or through BestBuy.com

•In-Store:
If you pre-ordered in-store, you will receive the 20% off benefit as long as you are an active Gamers Club Unlocked member when you pick up your pre-order. You will need to ensure your My Best Buy account is added to the purchase when the game is picked up.

As long as you have GCU now, the 20% will come off the total when you pick it up. GCU isn't factored in at the time of preorder, only your membership number to be eligible for the $10 in rewards from preordering.

Thank you anyway

I found my answer:

Q: If I have already pre-ordered games, will the 20% off be applied to those orders?
A: This will depend on whether you placed these pre-orders in-store or through BestBuy.com

•In-Store:
If you pre-ordered in-store, you will receive the 20% off benefit as long as you are an active Gamers Club Unlocked member when you pick up your pre-order. You will need to ensure your My Best Buy account is added to the purchase when the game is picked up.

As long as you have GCU now, the 20% will come off the total when you pick it up. GCU isn't factored in at the time of preorder, only your membership number to be eligible for the $10 in rewards from preordering.

Thank you anyway
idk, if you want to put your faith in bby to honor that discount and hope they don't screw up, than thats your decision. i'll probably cancel and reorder but thats me. i've encounter too many issues with bby and would rather be safe than sorry.

Does anybody know if it'll still be possible to pre-order Advanced Warfare tomorrow? Just curious because it's a weird situation with the game actually coming out Tuesday, but releasing Monday for pre-orders. Only asking because I'd need that extra day to finish Sunset Overdrive before trading it in.

Honestly its all a marketing gimmick. The official release is pretty much tomorrow since you can buy it without a pre order. At least the game stops and best buy around me are letting people

I really think you are shooting yourself in the foot "pre-ordering" tomorrow.
How is that? I'd be buying it all with store credit anyway, planning on buying the game for $38+tax after RZ certificate for pre-ordering and then trading it in a week later for $44 just to see if I like it, and make about $3 in the process. That's why it's important to know if the pre-order would still be a possibility tomorrow.

How is that? I'd be buying it all with store credit anyway, planning on buying the game for $38+tax after RZ certificate for pre-ordering and then trading it in a week later for $44 just to see if I like it, and make about $3 in the process. That's why it's important to know if the pre-order would still be a possibility tomorrow.
I'm talking about the pre-order portion.

The pre-ordered COD release date is technically Monday. So you technically can't "pre-order" tomorrow.

By waiting until tomorrow to "pre-order" a game that's already released you you are gambling a high chance of not getting the $10 cert.

If you want the cert go today

I'm talking about the pre-order portion.

The pre-ordered COD release date is technically Monday. So you technically can't "pre-order" tomorrow.

By waiting until tomorrow to "pre-order" a game that's already released you you are gambling a high chance of not getting the $10 cert.

If you want the cert go today
Oh alright, I misunderstood what you were saying. Yeah, that's why I was wondering if anybody knew. I'm assuming you can't pre-order tomorrow but I was just asking around because I wouldn't be able to do it today.

Anyone else seeing Assassins Creed Unity only being available for shipping and not for store pickup?  I've looked at both X1 and PS4 with multiple zip codes.  I guess I'll wait until later this week to see if that changes before preordering.

Oh alright, I misunderstood what you were saying. Yeah, that's why I was wondering if anybody knew. I'm assuming you can't pre-order tomorrow but I was just asking around because I wouldn't be able to do it today.
Just go throw $5 on it today. Then trade in SO when you beat it and pick up the game then.

Anyone else seeing Assassins Creed Unity only being available for shipping and not for store pickup? I've looked at both X1 and PS4 with multiple zip codes. I guess I'll wait until later this week to see if that changes before preordering.

Yeah, I was just putting in a bunch of preorders and noticed that as well.
I'm fine with getting it shipped, since Best Buy usually gets games to me on the release day or the day after. Plus I'll be busy with Halo for awhile anyway.

This has probably been covered, but I didn't see any mention of the certs on the GTA V page. Was going to preorder that tonight, but I think I'll hold off.

Havnet played a COD since BLops1.

Think the new one is worth it on PS4?
Newly released Call of Duty games hold their trade in values really well even if they suck as bad as Ghosts. You won't be losing much money or any at all when you trade it back in.

Just trying to debate if it will be worth it.

Im kinda on the edge about DA:I coming out soon

I like Destiny PVP but I feel like it's so damn unbalanced so I want something fun and enjoyable.

Essentially it's $42 after GCU and $10 GC

Has anyone heard any word on swag giveaways at the midnight launch for CoD?

Unless there's some good swag, I'll just pick it up in the morning.

Has anyone heard any word on swag giveaways at the midnight launch for CoD?

Unless there's some good swag, I'll just pick it up in the morning.
I went to the Black Ops 2 midnight launch 2 years ago at Best Buy. They gave away a ton of those gamergrub snacks (They surprisingly tasted pretty good..), LG 3D glasses, Turtle Beach Headsets contest, and Black Ops 2 T-shirts. I heard it is different for each store depending on the sponsors available for the event. I will be heading out soon to pickup a copy from GameStop and Best Buy.

Just tried to pre-order AW and it came up that the pre-order was too late, is that normal? I thought I saw people pre-order games the day prior to release before

Do you still get the $10 if paid for in full with gift cards? Said member awards are N/A at checkout but wasn't sure if that applied to this too.

Just curious for those that pre ordered COD with Best Buy.  What are the chances this will arrive tomorrow in the mail?  I have a notice it shipped but unless the overnight it, there's no way its gonna make it.  Kind of makes that whole day zero void if it doesn't.

Just curious for those that pre ordered COD with Best Buy.  What are the chances this will arrive tomorrow in the mail?  I have a notice it shipped but unless the overnight it, there's no way its gonna make it.  Kind of makes that whole day zero void if it doesn't.

Just tried to pre-order AW and it came up that the pre-order was too late, is that normal? I thought I saw people pre-order games the day prior to release before
I just preordered about 15min ago and I think it said I get the $10 GC but it doesnt really say....

Also, it still says you can "Pre-Order" the game...at least on PS4

I just preordered about 15min ago and I think it said I get the $10 GC but it doesnt really say....

Also, it still says you can "Pre-Order" the game...at least on PS4
My best buy they couldn't get it to go through, it kept popping up that it wasn't available for pre-order. Weird, cool that it worked for you though

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back