Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: after doing a Google search I read that the bonus use to be $20!!! What happened?
You needed to be a paid Gamers Club member back when the certs were $20, though Gamers Club was cheaper back then too at only $15/year. The current $10 program is available to anyone with a My Best Buy account, which is free.

It would be nice if they gave bigger certs to GCU members, but I'm certainly not complaining.

It's 12(GCU)+10(preorder)=22. So it's a better GCU deal.
That may be true in terms of buying at the original price, but there used to be price adjusting after the fact. Many retailers had games at $40 a week after launch, so actually, many of us got games at $20 launch day. Good times.

Shadow of Mordor (!!!!) still shows $10 pre-order reward on Special Offers. Should i get that reward if i buy it know, even tough we are more than a month after it's out?

Shadow of Mordor (!!!!) still shows $10 pre-order reward on Special Offers. Should i get that reward if i buy it know, even tough we are more than a month after it's out?
"$10 in reward certificates when you pre-order and purchase Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor for Xbox 360 or PS3."

I picked up my Call of Duty preorder yesterday and today I looked at the pending points for the transaction and it is showing zero points, will it take time to reflect the proper amount or is something wrong?

I wouldn't be surprised to see $40 since it's an Ubisoft game, but I think that's the lowest it could possibly go considering how soon before BF it releases.
$47.99 after GCU with $10 bonus BB money seems like a good enough deal if it'll be $40 at sometime soon since it's Ubisoft.

I'm waiting on my $10 from SSO, as I was hoping to cancel and re-order AC: U with the $10 from SSO. Same would be for COD: AW for FC4 and the $10 from that pre-order.

I am getting brain dead, BB had a $10 RZ coupon for WWE15 right? I know I have one coming for Advanced Warfare 360 and Far Cry 4, but can't remember if I'm getting one for WWE. 

I need a 1/2 off price guide coupon, that Bayonetta 2 guide looks bad ass. 

I am getting brain dead, BB had a $10 RZ coupon for WWE15 right? I know I have one coming for Advanced Warfare 360 and Far Cry 4, but can't remember if I'm getting one for WWE.

If you extend your GCU for $30 with a $40 game purchase, you get a new Welcome Pack. Pretty sure GCU for $30 runs at least until the middle of Nov.

Per the OP, WWE 2K15 is not eligible.

A little off topic but when I have enough to get a certificate(currently have it set at $20) do they email me and tell me or do I have to go into my account and check it manually?

A little off topic but when I have enough to get a certificate(currently have it set at $20) do they email me and tell me or do I have to go into my account and check it manually?
They email you when you have enough. I have mine set for $15 issuances and I always get an email when its available.

They email you when you have enough. I have mine set for $15 issuances and I always get an email when its available.
Thanks

Another question, can I preorder in store to get the bonus and have them ship it to me? My local best buy is a little ways away, not far enough where I can't make the drive sometimes but to far away where I can be going everytime a new game releases due to all the games that are coming out

Thanks

Another question, can I preorder in store to get the bonus and have them ship it to me? My local best buy is a little ways away, not far enough where I can't make the drive sometimes but to far away where I can be going everytime a new game releases due to all the games that are coming out
You can pre-order online to get the $10 reward certificate...

You can pre-order online to get the $10 reward certificate...
O cool, didn't know that, that would be easier for me

I was just thinking they need to offer a bonus for the new dbz game but I got to thinking no way Ann I buying that new lol, that's the type of game you wait for reviews on haha

I hope they release reviews on FC4 (PC vs PS4) early enough so I can preorder whichever one is better (i'd rather play on  PS4 to expand my library since I HATE UPLAY, but will have a friend on PC to play with)

Edit: Getting GCU was the stupidest gaming decision I have ever done...now I feel like I have to preorder games instead of waiting for the price to drop later on...since it's pretty much better to preorder (~$42 per game - trade in at a higher price if I dont like it too)

I hope they release reviews on FC4 (PC vs PS4) early enough so I can preorder whichever one is better (i'd rather play on PS4 to expand my library since I HATE UPLAY, but will have a friend on PC to play with)

Edit: Getting GCU was the stupidest gaming decision I have ever done...now I feel like I have to preorder games instead of waiting for the price to drop later on...since it's pretty much better to preorder (~$42 per game - trade in at a higher price if I dont like it too)
Stupidest? I think you mean GREATEST! :whee:

What if there's no pending transaction? Must be something wrong then right? I've had problems with my account before so no doubt something is up again. :wall:
Even if you call today, they are going to tell you to wait. If it's not there within 20 days, normally they issue you 500 points. I picked up a preorder and purchased a second copy at the midnight release of COD and it's not even showing up yet. But I'm not worried at all.

Last week I got my Sunset Overdrive Cert in 4 days, but it took my Shadow of Mordor Cert 14 days to come through. I don't think there is anyway to figure out when it will come through. Just know it will be within 15 days.

Even if you call today, they are going to tell you to wait. If it's not there within 20 days, normally they issue you 500 points. I picked up a preorder and purchased a second copy at the midnight release of COD and it's not even showing up yet. But I'm not worried at all.

Last week I got my Sunset Overdrive Cert in 4 days, but it took my Shadow of Mordor Cert 14 days to come through. I don't think there is anyway to figure out when it will come through. Just know it will be within 15 days.
Well, it's not just the cert I'm talking about, but I've made almost $400 in purchases in the last 2 or 3 days plus trade ins. None of my purchases are showing up on the site at all, even though the receipts reflect my GCU number. Is this normal?

Looking like I'll be picking up ACU and Halo MC, then flip ACU back and pick up GTAV and Far Cry4.

Little interest in playing ACU or Far Cry, but worth a free week rental on both. And 30 days to possibly price match.

2 questions:

1st is positive that Halo MCC gets $10 bonus? Cause I went to preorder it today and it didn't appear to be on the list

2nd is I also tried to preorder AC Unity and they said that it could no longer be preordered. Is this true?

bestbuy is rocking with game deals. unfortunately i only preorder 3 from this list and have little to no interest in the other tittles.  maybe pre-order to trade in for a small profit and getting another $70.

I preordered COD on Sunday afternoon, the transaction didn't show up until today on the site. But the 500 points are now pending, so there seems to be a delay for some reason.
I preordered October 11th online and picked up at midnight. Also bought a second copy. Mine isn't showing at all. Normal transactions usually show after one day for me.....weird

Pre-ordered COD:AW in early October. It "shipped" on the Thursday before release and the base points showed up not long after. I actually have the base points in my total already, but the 500 bonus points were just added and now it's back to "pending".

Damn things need need to hurry their pending up. I want to put them towards GTAV.

Pre-ordered COD:AW in early October. It "shipped" on the Thursday before release and the base points showed up not long after. I actually have the base points in my total already, but the 500 bonus points were just added and now it's back to "pending".

Damn things need need to hurry their pending up. I want to put them towards GTAV.
If it's showing pending already, it's highly likely that they will be here in the next 10 days. If I had to guess, I'd say they will clear by Monday.

Officially preordered Halo MCC today, just for the goodies and cert as I already have a copy at the MS store from their summer trade deal.

GTA V on PS4 is confirmed for the bonus correct? I don't see it listed on the product page.

Officially preordered Halo MCC today, just for the goodies and cert as I already have a copy at the MS store from their summer trade deal.

GTA V on PS4 is confirmed for the bonus correct? I don't see it listed on the product page.
Yes GTAV is on the list. It's pretty common for it to not show up on the product page.

2 questions:

1st is positive that Halo MCC gets $10 bonus? Cause I went to preorder it today and it didn't appear to be on the list

2nd is I also tried to preorder AC Unity and they said that it could no longer be preordered. Is this true?
Halo MCC is on the list, and yes you can still preorder it. Same for ACU. If it doesn't work in store, just do it online.

Tried to place an in-store pickup pre-order for Halo MCC and it says it's sold out and automatically empties my cart.

Never had this happen with a pre-order before.

Tried to place an in-store pickup pre-order for Halo MCC and it says it's sold out and automatically empties my cart.

Never had this happen with a pre-order before.
Must be your area...I placed an order for store pickup a couple hours ago and had no issues.

Word of warning though, it defaults the map book to a different store it seems so make sure it's the same store as the game otherwise it could be a fight with CS.

Yes GTAV is on the list. It's pretty common for it to not show up on the product page.

Halo MCC is on the list, and yes you can still preorder it. Same for ACU. If it doesn't work in store, just do it online.
Thanks bud,I thought the lady doing the preorder messed something up, just looked online and I still can pick it up in store, just can't use any certificates I was hoping would clear by then lol

So I'm on the phone inquiring as to why my victory is rewarded points are not present in my history for COD: AW and I was told that since I preordered both the Xbox one version and the PS4 version on the same receipt I am only entitled to one Bonus of 500 as it is only one preorder.  WTF. 

So I'm on the phone inquiring as to why my victory is rewarded points are not present in my history for COD: AW and I was told that since I preordered both the Xbox one version and the PS4 version on the same receipt I am only entitled to one Bonus of 500 as it is only one preorder. WTF.
Um...that's how it's supposed to work. :???: As for why your points haven't shown yet, give it 15 days. Come on, it just released on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back