Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the BBY forums, the only thing affected is the base points for purchase. The $10 preorder promo should be unaffected by how you pay.
Cool thank you.

My AW transaction is not showing up on my account, and when I report missing points using the order number, it says it is already applied to an account. So not sure what to do.

My COD points are pending but it probably wont clear in time for GTAV. :whistle2:(

Cool thank you.

My AW transaction is not showing up on my account, and when I report missing points using the order number, it says it is already applied to an account. So not sure what to do.
Give it a couple of days to show up, like you said its already applied to your account so it will pop up as pending soon.

My COD points are pending but it probably wont clear in time for GTAV. :whistle2:(

Give it a couple of days to show up, like you said its already applied to your account so it will pop up as pending soon.
I did not say that, what I said is that the entire call of duty transaction is not on my account at all. And when I try to apply it as missing, it says it has already been applied to an account (clearly not mine). Doesnt make any sense as the order is in my account to check the status of and everything.

I have purchases I made 2 days ago on there, so something is up with that transaction considering call of duty came out a week ago.

Is any other retailer getting that Halo book with the MCC pre-order?

Also, how quick do you guys think it will take for Halo MCC to drop in price, to say $25-$30?

Is any other retailer getting that Halo book with the MCC pre-order?

Also, how quick do you guys think it will take for Halo MCC to drop in price, to say $25-$30?
Halo games usually hold well in price, it won't hit $30-$35 till next year sometime. Maybe drops to $40 at Best Buy with GCU but that's as low as I expect.

So my best buy price matched target b2g1 deal & I preordered COD:AW & picked it up already if I return my copy of COD I picked up for with the preorder card will I still get the $10 certificate

I did not say that, what I said is that the entire call of duty transaction is not on my account at all. And when I try to apply it as missing, it says it has already been applied to an account (clearly not mine). Doesnt make any sense as the order is in my account to check the status of and everything.

I have purchases I made 2 days ago on there, so something is up with that transaction considering call of duty came out a week ago.
Having the same exact issue. :whistle2:( I'm giving it to late next week and if it don't show up I'll call them next Thursday or Friday maybe.

A lot of people are on the same boat....COD purchase isn't showing up even though purchases after that have shown up. Give them 15 days, if you don't see it pop up by then or got mystery points then you can call/contact them via forum.

So my best buy price matched target b2g1 deal & I preordered COD:AW & picked it up already if I return my copy of COD I picked up for with the preorder card will I still get the $10 certificate
If you return it then you won't receive the pre-order points for it.

Halo games usually hold well in price, it won't hit $30-$35 till next year sometime. Maybe drops to $40 at Best Buy with GCU but that's as low as I expect.
Thanks.

Also, I ordered for in-store pickup by accident and went to cancel it to reorder and when I click the "cancel item" box and then click "make changes" it just asks me to change what store I want to pick it up from. How the hell do you cancel an order for pickup?

You need to select it and then at the bottom it says "cancel selected items". If it doesnt say that, its too late for you to cancel it. 

Was your member ID attached to the receipt?

Same issue here... It's just not listed at all, but other transactions (including one from yesterday) are there.

Wtf? I don't understand why they've been having so many issues lately with these $10 bonuses...

Damn no shipping confirmation for me yet, I hope I get it release day.
when did you order? cause what i was told pre-orders placed before the middle of the week before the game release should get release day delivery but games pre-ordered after the middle of the week of the previous week will have a after release date delivery.

I have a question if anyone would be kind enough to answer, I have gta for the Xbox One preordered at best buy in store, with everyone saying they are getting their games in release date I am thinking of preordering online and going to cancel my preorder later, it would just be so much easier to get the game at my home and not have to drive 30 mins to my local best buy, but here's the question, will this mess with my reward points? Will my first copy I preordered(in store) see I never picked it up and not give me the points and then my 2nd order(online) not qualify for it?

I have a question if anyone would be kind enough to answer, I have gta for the Xbox One preordered at best buy in store, with everyone saying they are getting their games in release date I am thinking of preordering online and going to cancel my preorder later, it would just be so much easier to get the game at my home and not have to drive 30 mins to my local best buy, but here's the question, will this mess with my reward points? Will my first copy I preordered(in store) see I never picked it up and not give me the points and then my 2nd order(online) not qualify for it?
Whatever one you pick up will get the points. The promo doesnt trigger until the game is picked up and paid off, so you wuldnt have any issues.

I know what you said. The transaction IS on your account but its not showing up as pending yet for whatever reason. Wait it out.

when did you order? cause what i was told pre-orders placed before the middle of the week before the game release should get release day delivery but games pre-ordered after the middle of the week of the previous week will have a after release date delivery.
I pre-ordered Wednesday, right in the middle of the week.

I don't have a Best Buy card tied to my account. Whenever I go in, I always gotta give them my phone #, but I'd like a card they can just scan that will link to my account. Can I get that next time I go into the store?

So I finally got around to trying out the online part of cod:aw and I keep getting this error message:
"error: the call of duty advanced warfare service is not available at this time. Please try again later"

Has anyone else gotten this message? Or is it just me

Sorry if this has been answered but I'm about to hit Elite status and I've never had it before. Does anyone know if the 10% elite bonus will apply to the 500 bonus points you get for preordering? Or is it only for purchases? Thanks for any info.

I don't have a Best Buy card tied to my account. Whenever I go in, I always gotta give them my phone #, but I'd like a card they can just scan that will link to my account. Can I get that next time I go into the store?
Don't think you can get an actual card. But if you goto the website you should be able to print a Barcode for your account.

Edit: wasn't able to find that option on the new site, but if you get the BB app on a phone and log it, you can show them your barcode and they can swipe it.

Sorry if this has been answered but I'm about to hit Elite status and I've never had it before. Does anyone know if the 10% elite bonus will apply to the 500 bonus points you get for preordering? Or is it only for purchases? Thanks for any info.
Always the base points.

Sunset Overdrive still advertises the $10 reward and includes the pre-order DLC. Does that mean I still get the $10 if I order it now or is that too much of a gamble?

Sunset Overdrive still advertises the $10 reward and includes the pre-order DLC. Does that mean I still get the $10 if I order it now or is that too much of a gamble?
It's a promotion that only works with pre-orders. Sometimes they forget to remove the links, but rest assured the promotion only has ever worked on pre-orders.

Don't think you can get an actual card. But if you goto the website you should be able to print a Barcode for your account.

Edit: wasn't able to find that option on the new site, but if you get the BB app on a phone and log it, you can show them your barcode and they can swipe it.
Whenever BB signs you up for a Reward Zone account in-store, the associate is actually supposed to scan one of those physical cards for you to have going forward.

The only other time is whenever you hit Elite Plus, BB reward zone mails you a spiffy silver looking card displaying your Elite Plus status.

Whenever BB signs you up for a Reward Zone account in-store, the associate is actually supposed to scan one of those physical cards for you to have going forward.

The only other time is whenever you hit Elite Plus, BB reward zone mails you a spiffy silver looking card displaying your Elite Plus status.
Thanks for the info! Just started buying games at BB this year, cuz it's about a 45 minute drive. Signed up for reward zone a few years ago though when I made a TV purchase. Pretty sure I didn't get a card. I actually don't mind not having a card, giving them my phone number is actually easier for me, and online it's just tied to my account. Unless you forget your phone number or they start making cards mandatory, I don't see this being an issue.

I'm actually surprised they don't issue you a card when you sign up for GCU. It would seem more secure for them. Say my friend knows that I have GCU and knows my number, what's stopping him from going to BB and giving them my info to get the discount?

I got an email saying they were sending me a card when I hit Elite status and I've never received one. I just give them my phone number everytime.

I think I'm passing on the Target B2G1 and just going to get Unity this week.

Wish the SSO would post (currently pending), but that just means I will have SSO, MCC and ACU in a month posting $30.

Thanks for the info! Just started buying games at BB this year, cuz it's about a 45 minute drive. Signed up for reward zone a few years ago though when I made a TV purchase. Pretty sure I didn't get a card. I actually don't mind not having a card, giving them my phone number is actually easier for me, and online it's just tied to my account. Unless you forget your phone number or they start making cards mandatory, I don't see this being an issue.

I'm actually surprised they don't issue you a card when you sign up for GCU. It would seem more secure for them. Say my friend knows that I have GCU and knows my number, what's stopping him from going to BB and giving them my info to get the discount?
Yeah the phone number method is more convenient. As to your question, there's the 3 game limit so technically that's supposed to be a way of limiting people from sharing it out with too many people.

I got an email saying they were sending me a card when I hit Elite status and I've never received one. I just give them my phone number everytime.
It took me over 2 months to receive my card. As long as your address is updated, you'll eventually get it.

Sorry if this has been answered already but I'd like to know how the 10 are given to you since I ordered CoD and on mybestbuy account I only see 84 points pending. do they just give you a 10 dollar cert, or do they give you 500 points later on?

Sorry if this has been answered already but I'd like to know how the 10 are given to you since I ordered CoD and on mybestbuy account I only see 84 points pending. do they just give you a 10 dollar cert, or do they give you 500 points later on?
It takes a few days. When it comes through it will be you points(ie 84) plus the 500 points for the 10 rewards, I genrally operate under the rule of after ten days of it does no show call customer service, which will either be "oh wow that should not have happened let's fix this" or "I have a hamster that operates my thought patterns please teach me how best buy makes thing happen at best buy."

Good luck

It takes a few days. When it comes through it will be you points(ie 84) plus the 500 points for the 10 rewards, I genrally operate under the rule of after ten days of it does no show call customer service, which will either be "oh wow that should not have happened let's fix this" or "I have a hamster that operates my thought patterns please teach me how best buy makes thing happen at best buy."

Good luck
thnaks! il just be patient and wait then just didn't know what to expect since this was my first time pre-ordering from BB.

Totally random but TigerDirect has Xbox One controller for $39.99 "after $20 rebate". Do you guys think I could get a Best Buy to price match? The site does say $39.99 bold and center, maybe I can get a rep to ignore "rebate"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back