Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Called up Best Buy's help line, I hate that robot so much. I eventually just hit '0' to get away from him, and got transferred from the generic line to the Elite Plus one after a few minutes. After talking with the lady for a few minutes, we figured out that, for some odd reason, it put my CoD pre-order bonus (purchased on 11/3) onto the CoD Xbox One (purchased 11/4), which wasn't pre-ordered. IDK why that would have happened, she didn't know either. Kind of an odd occurrence.

However, I'll say this: General customer service blows. However, the Elite Plus service lines at Best Buy, those people are great. Awesome demeanor and customer service, super-polite and helpful.

Called up Best Buy's help line, I hate that robot so much. I eventually just hit '0' to get away from him, and got transferred from the generic line to the Elite Plus one after a few minutes. After talking with the lady for a few minutes, we figured out that, for some odd reason, it put my CoD pre-order bonus (purchased on 11/3) onto the CoD Xbox One (purchased 11/4), which wasn't pre-ordered. IDK why that would have happened, she didn't know either. Kind of an odd occurrence.

However, I'll say this: General customer service blows. However, the Elite Plus service lines at Best Buy, those people are great. Awesome demeanor and customer service, super-polite and helpful.
Really? What does Elite Plus customer service even do? Every time I have called, they have just sent me back to the regular call center without making any effort to assist me. They can't handle replacements or returns and they also seemingly can't handle most RZ issues, so what exactly do you use the Elite Plus to do?

Really? What does Elite Plus customer service even do? Every time I have called, they have just sent me back to the regular call center without making any effort to assist me. They can't handle replacements or returns and they also seemingly can't handle most RZ issues, so what exactly do you use the Elite Plus to do?
Good for in a hurry price matching I guess lol. If it wasnt for being Elite Plus last year, I would have totally missed out on PMing that massive walmart glitch

Just received my pre-order copy of Grand Theft Auto V for Xbox One today and it had no pre-order code in it? Did this happen to anyone else? I just emailed BB support to see if I can get a code now. I was still able to pre-order on Sunday so this is some bull.

I called to check on some points. To be honest, the best part is getting someone who speaks fluent English and doesn't sound like you're some kind of burden because you called. Getting the situation sorted in 5 minutes, rather than 20, is a positive. It's the only time I've called them, so I don't know what else they are and aren't good for, but the call I made was pleasant and quickly resolved. That's a LOT better than typical customer service.

The codes were suppose to be printed on receipt or emailed for GTA. I had preordered in store and picked up...was suppose to be printed on receipt. CS at BB helped call it in for me, got my code a few hours later.

I put about 50 hours into GTA on 360, and have been playing online for awhile too. Happy I picked it back up, so many things to do. Think I'll finally open up Far Cry tomorrow though.

Just got back after doing an exchange for a smashed case PS4 copy of GTAV. I hope I still get my cert in 15 days. I wonder how many CAGs got mailed copies with smashed cases? If there's already 3 on this board.

do best buy send out items before the release date. noticed i got charged today for my persona 3ds game
Sometimes. They generally charge me for Tuesday releases the Thursday before and depending on the warehouse, it may ship Friday or Monday with delivery Tuesday or Wednesday, at least recently.

Just got back after doing an exchange for a smashed case PS4 copy of GTAV. I hope I still get my cert in 15 days. I wonder how many CAGs got mailed copies with smashed cases? If there's already 3 on this board.
I got one too. Wasn't smash but a little crack near the binding. I plan to swap case w/ unity and trade that back to BBY.

Just got $40 worth of RC yesterday from Halo, SSO, COD and ACU. All at once. I think I'm ready for Black Friday :)

It'll even be better If the RC for FC4 would clear before BF.

I just got my Far Cry preorder. I know it takes some time for the points  to officially show up. It is usually 15 days, same length as BB return policy. That is so you cant return it and still get the points. However they have extended the return time limit until after Christmas. Will I have to wait until New Years to get my points because they have extended holiday return policy?

Anyone know?

I just got my Far Cry preorder. I know it takes some time for the points to officially show up. It is usually 15 days, same length as BB return policy. That is so you cant return it and still get the points. However they have extended the return time limit until after Christmas. Will I have to wait until New Years to get my points because they have extended holiday return policy?

Anyone know?
No, the extended return period will not affect the date you would normally receive your points.

lame.  Unity is showing 500 pending, MCC shows 0.  Picked up the same time, transactions minutes within each other.  Also PO the same day.  I don't get it.  I'm sure MCC will show up but would be nice to standardize when they show up as pending and when they'll clear.  Given our small sample size, it's a crapshoot as few get theirs cleared within a week and others do take the 15+ days to clear.

So my wife picked up gta5 for me, I gave the reciept but the cashier rang up the xb1 version. So I went back and they exchanged for the ps4 version.

Will this affect the $10 pre order promotion?

No, the extended return period will not affect the date you would normally receive your points.
So what happens to my points or gift cert if I return the game in say 30 days. I will just have a free $10 certificate?

So what happens to my points or gift cert if I return the game in say 30 days. I will just have a free $10 certificate?
Don't know if they would, but they could theoretically take 500 points away from you even if that puts you in the negative, I believe.

Just added it up when everything I have currently quits pending I should have 1953 in points and it SHOULD clear the day before BF, drives me crazy bring 47 points from another cef at the time of year lol, but I guess $35 for nothing isn't a bad deal lol

Also little off topic but does anyone have any experience trading in to best buy online? My game I traded in got there today, would I get the gift card by BF?

Just added it up when everything I have currently quits pending I should have 1953 in points and it SHOULD clear the day before BF, drives me crazy bring 47 points from another cef at the time of year lol, but I guess $35 for nothing isn't a bad deal lol

Also little off topic but does anyone have any experience trading in to best buy online? My game I traded in got there today, would I get the gift card by BF?
Maybe. Its cutting it close. Its usually take about 3-4 business days to get the gift card.

My AC unity points posted and they took 500 away for "issued certificate" but I don't actually have any certificates on my account, I tried adding something to the cart and I didn't get the 10 dollars off. Will they fix this or will I have to contact them?

My AC unity points posted and they took 500 away for "issued certificate" but I don't actually have any certificates on my account, I tried adding something to the cart and I didn't get the 10 dollars off. Will they fix this or will I have to contact them?
The last time I got a certificate it took a day to show up even though the points were already subtracted. Wait until tomorrow and then contact. They really should fix up their system.

Same thing happened to me today with my 500 points from Advanced Warfare. I just sent an email to CS to have them sort it out. Why even post the transaction record if we cannot use the certificate yet?

Have $25 in certs now... wondering what to do with it.  Maybe I'll grab ultimate nes remix on wii u or 3ds.  Or Toad's Treasure Tracker.

It's been a year and there are still no heists online.

That is ridiculous.
Haven't you heard that they pushed back the Heist missions until next generation? We gotta wait until 2020 to play Heist, but on the bright side I heard if you pre-order GTAV for PS5 or Xbox 8 (Infinitiy?) that we will receive 2 million credits as a bonus!!!

But on a serious note, that is pretty ridiculous that they still haven't released Heist...

to prevent that kind of problem in the future go into rewards overview on the best buy site and change the Reward Certificate Preferences from Auto Issue to Point Banking, that way it won't auto issue $5 certificates whenever you get 250 points.

Returned MCC. Not sure if I got the points yet.

Got the full value and kept the book. How long until they take my $10 if it posted?

I don't want to accidentally spend it. In case that happens, what would happen?

And can only go back 90 days?

Returned MCC. Not sure if I got the points yet.
Got the full value and kept the book. How long until they take my $10 if it posted?

I don't want to accidentally spend it. In case that happens, what would happen?
And can only go back 90 days?
if you do accidentally spend them before they taken away then it would put you into a negative points balance

One page says I have 0 points, another says I have -2 points.

The certs are still there though. Strange.

Did they remove GCU status dates?

Best Buy has temporarily removed the GCU and Elite/Elite Plus spending status page. They will bring those features back later next month.

Everyone be sure to call to "price adjust" sunset overdrive first thing in the morning . That way when I get up I'll have a better chance of someone knowing what the hell I'm trying to do .

I bought a copy of Sunset Overdrive around 16 days ago now and I did not receive a reward certificate (bought it with a gift card). Is there any way to report this (I'm not able to report it online, as I can not put in $0.00 as a receipt total)

EDIT: Even though it's not a listed game for the promo, it says that you can get the $10 with Sunset Overdrive (according to their site)

qdukZla.png

The $10 was a pre-order deal.   The picture shows "See How" (that your referring to) shows that this was for pre-ordering.  You can't fault Bestbuy when the linked deal shows that you never qualified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back