Best Buy - $100 Gift Card w/160GB PS3 Purchase

Just wanted to add in that I went to the Best Buy in Clovis, CA. There was a father and son there with the same coupon as me. I bought the BLOPS Bundle first, then went back in with my gift card.

They had been mulling over whether or not it would work, so I assured them I did, and the associate they were talking to also agreed that if it scans, it works, so they were very pleasant and open minded about it.

As an aside, they also price-matched a spare controller for me. Productive day at the BB. Thanks for all the info guys. I would have gone vanilla if not for this thread.

I was able to use the coupon to get a new ps3 for my mom(she wanted blu ray, Netflix and something for my soon to be niece or nephew) She's letting me keep the gift card towards a new 360 slim. Thanks for posting the coupon!

Thanks for the deal. I was able to pick up the last black ops bundle in Encinitas, CA. Also the last blops bundle in the area.

Finally, FINALLY, I am the proud owner of a PS3. Got the Black Ops bundle and gift card without a hitch at Fenway in Boston - in fact the employees had seen the coupon before and were excited for me, telling me to hurry home and have fun. Thanks you so much, OP!

Thanks for the heads up guys. No problems using coupon, didn't even give me a second look.

There were half a dozen call of duty bundles at the store nearest to me (League City, Texas). I looked all of them over, chose the most cosmetically perfect one of the bunch and headed straight to the checkout. :D

Thanks again!

Just picked up the Black Ops bundle with no problems.

I was looking through the box and did not see a voucher for the map pack.

Is the map pack installed already or is there a paper voucher?

[quote name='gaggil']Just picked up the Black Ops bundle with no problems.

I was looking through the box and did not see a voucher for the map pack.

Is the map pack installed already or is there a paper voucher?[/QUOTE]

Paper Voucher inside the black ops case.

I have a question, as I have not bought something with a gift card.

Do you pick up both items and take to checkout, or at the checkout they give you the $100 giftcard when you purchase?

As I said I am new to this, and new to this country. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Right nice, managed to get BLOPs Bundle for the PS3, now I will use the $100 towards an xbox. Thanks to the OP.

I went to the Best Buy Savannah this week, and they were on to the Black Ops Deal.

When I walked in, I couldn't find any so I asked the guy. That was my mistake. He went and grabbed one for me, and then some customer service lady came back with him. He put it in my cart and I was about to leave, until the lady saw the paper in my hand and asked to see it. I showed her and then she started talking about how it doesn't scan right if you use the Black Ops bundle, so you have to use the normal PS3. Then she started to sell me a PS3 with a controller, remote, and HDMI cable for $470 (which is one of the reasons I hate Best Buy and never shop there). I just listened to her talk and then when she was done, I walked around the store for a 15 minutes and looked at other stuff. Then I went and switched the PS3 she gave me with the Black Ops bundle. Unfortunately she underlined the SKU part of the coupon, so I found a cashier who was talking with a coworker and checked out in her land. She just scanned the coupon without paying attention, so I was able to get the Black Ops bundle.

After reading that, it sounds more boring than it was when it happened. But I will definitely never shop at Best Buy again unless they have a deal like this.

thanks to the guys that mentioned trading the $100 BB gc to amazon. Found the kindle section and pulled a couple $50 cards and it was an easy purchase/swap.

Visited the Best Buy in Chattanooga earlier tonight...

I bought 2 PS3s (purchased one, then used the $100 GC on the second PS3) with no problems. They were sold out of BLOPS PS3s, but I can swap for one when a new shipment arrives.

Thanks, OP!

bread's done
Back