Best Buy - $100 Gift Card w/160GB PS3 Purchase

:( i literally just bought a ps3 yesterday. well it wasnt that bad though , managed to get the black ops bundle + 60$ gift card at target so it would end up being the same deal as 100$ gift card.

[quote name='jodou']yes, the coupon works on any ps3 system (including black ops) but ymmv if the cashier reads the coupon.[/quote]

[quote name='bobphone']anyone actually get it to work with black ops though?[/quote]
. . .

I know this is off topic, but does anyone know if the Target 100 dollar coupon work on the Black Ops bundle? I would have posted on the thread for the Target 100 dollar coupon deal, but it is dead and gone.

[quote name='juanawoman']I know this is off topic, but does anyone know if the Target 100 dollar coupon work on the Black Ops bundle? I would have posted on the thread for the Target 100 dollar coupon deal, but it is dead and gone.[/QUOTE]

Yup! Just got the BLKops bundle at Target yesterday + $160 GC.

[quote name='lude21']Yup! Just got the BLKops bundle at Target yesterday + $160 GC.[/QUOTE]
Whoa whoa whoa... the Target $160 gc deal is still live?

[quote name='myke-myke']Actually, the last time Sony and MS had price drops on their systems was in August 09. Sony announced the slim model + price cut @ an Euro gaming convention called GamesCon and MS out of the blue announced a cut and the discontinuation of the Pro models in August 09 as well. They both of have issued price cuts every other year. Gamescon take place mid-August where I think Sony and MS will announce at least $50 price reductions on their systems.

Back to the topic. This is a good deal. I have a OG 60GB and I want to replace it before it gets too late. I'm gonna be mad @ myself if I buy this system and there is a price cut 2 months later like I figured. I may just have to wait til August or Black Friday to see what happens.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but like I said, it's either E3 or in the middle of the year. price cuts mostly happen after spring before fall = summer

[quote name='Donutkid2222']I'm looking for a way to pay less out of pocket.[/QUOTE]
Price match the $60 gc offer dropping the price to $239.99 + tax it's not the full "value" of $100 but it's the cheapest out of pocket option. You would also be $10 short of recieving another $5 in RZ credit UNLESS your RZ silver which will get you the $5 anyways. But not the $10 RZ for spending $150 on gaming though.

I had my first encounter with another CAG today. Nice to meet you person at the Best Buy at the Distric in Tustin, CA.
While trying to rationalize buying a second PS3 because of the coupon, I saw a guy in the games section about to buy a PS3 so I gave it to him. Another person was there and suggested we check out Cheapassgamer.com for another copy of the coupon ;). She was giving the guy some opinions and help on what to get with his PS3 so I carried on with my shopping. If you check in on this thread again and recognize yourself, nice to meet you :wave:.

[quote name='lude21']Yup! Just got the BLKops bundle at Target yesterday + $160 GC.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! Looks like I'll be making a trip to Target before the coupon expires! :lol:

if anyone has tried this deal with Black OP's Bundle please do tell... with a picture of the receipt.

If not for all you curious people like me... I will be heading to my bestbuy either tomorrow or thursday, to try for myself. I will give you my feed back.

[quote name='Jodou']Yes, the coupon works on any PS3 system (including Black Ops) but YMMV if the cashier reads the coupon.[/QUOTE]

here is

Has anyone printed this and used it? That email wasn't only for Reward Zone Silver members, was it?
Don't want to get down there and have them refuse it. Not that it's likely.

[quote name='outphase']Anyone know if this stacks with the current Premier Silver $25 gc w/ $200 purchase?[/QUOTE]

Does that apply automatically or do you have to bring in a coupon?

[quote name='TortillaSoup']Does that apply automatically or do you have to bring in a coupon?[/QUOTE]
I think it's a code that was texted to me. I guess I'll try anyway and will probably be shot down.

[quote name='outphase']I think it's a code that was texted to me. I guess I'll try anyway and will probably be shot down.[/QUOTE]

How do you get these texts? I've been a Silver member for 3 years straight.

A buddy of mine downloaded the coupon to his phone and he just bought the ps3 at best buy. They accepted it off the phone with the number off the coupon. This was in san antonio

[quote name='Apostle22']A buddy of mine downloaded the coupon to his phone and he just bought the ps3 at best buy. They accepted it off the phone with the number off the coupon. This was in san antonio[/QUOTE]
Thanks a bunch.

[quote name='sdcranford']Just got an email from Best Buy with a coupon for a $100 GC with purchase of a 160GB PS3. In store only and requires coupon. Good 6/14 - 6/20.

Edit: Link to coupon: http://image.emailinfo2.bestbuy.com/lib/fef41d77766c04/m/21/BBY_PS3Cpn_20110614.pdf

I don't need a 2nd PS3 but I will submit the PM request to Amazon, hopefully it helps to get them to match it.[/QUOTE]

Is there no limit on each coupon??
Would i be able to print out this couponn from this link and use it at any Best Buy??

Just got this to work with the Black Ops bundle at Best Buy. Thanks a ton to the OP and everyone else in the thread. :)

Edit: To be clear, I printed the coupon in the OP and signed up for my Reward Zones membership 10 minutes before I went to Best Buy. Asked the very nice woman working in Video Games if they had the Black Ops bundle and asked her if we could see if this coupon I had worked We tried it and success! Got my gift card on the spot, went back in and bought another controller and a game. Note, if you're picking up a controller they were still marked $54.99 in store. I showed the cashier that they were 35.99 on BestBuy.com with my phone and she price matched it. Good day today!

got shot down at the two BBs in tustin, ca with the blops bundle. Guess I'll wait until maybe amazon matches this or just try again on the blops bundle. Deal aint so great with 8.75% tax compared to amazon. Would rather have amazon credit.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']got shot down at the two BBs in tustin, ca with the blops bundle. Guess I'll wait until maybe amazon matches this or just try again on the blops bundle. Deal aint so great with 8.75% tax compared to amazon. Would rather have amazon credit.[/QUOTE]

but,,, This is Black-ops bundle..

CA tax 9.75(?) so Total 330 - 100+black ops(30?) = 200!

black ops was a no go. but it worked with the regular PS3... the Best BUY was shocked at the deal, I was the first one to use the coupon.. lol

Earlier in a Target thread about giftcards and the ps3, people were speaking about how you can transfer the target gift card balance over to a pre paid visa. How does this work?

Has anybody beem able to price match the target $60 gift card and also get the $100 gift card coupon? Would this be able to work beacuse i'm dying to know. I need a new ps3 and getting it for $140 would be a dream.

Got the black ops bundle, Scanned no problem. Used shop kick mobile app for 5 bucks off. Then traded in black ops for 30 GC, so 130 total in GC with 5 bucks off rang up at 309 something after tax.

Thanks for heads up.

Just got the Black Ops Bundle. I went in and found a older woman who look absolutely clueless about games, grabbed the system, and said I have this coupon for a 160GB PS3, and I pointed the 160GB on the box.

[quote name='onyzukae']but,,, This is Black-ops bundle..

CA tax 9.75(?) so Total 330 - 100+black ops(30?) = 200![/QUOTE]

yeah, but thats if you get the black ops bundle. I couldn't get it to work and once the word gets out on here stores tend to catch on shortly after. I'll try again tomorrow because it is a good deal with black ops.

But I'd rather take the amazon deal if its just the normal sku.

$300 - $60 = $240
$326.25 - $91.25 ($100 - 8.75% tax) = $235

So in reality I am only saving $5 on the best buy deal in CA. Now if you can get the blops bundle then go for it, you can sell blops for $30 credit or probably $30 cash as well.

[quote name='ratedpg131987']Has anybody beem able to price match the target $60 gift card and also get the $100 gift card coupon? Would this be able to work beacuse i'm dying to know. I need a new ps3 and getting it for $140 would be a dream.[/QUOTE]

I'll be trying this on friday, but on the vanilla console, employee I spoke to today said he knew for a fact they would not price match the blackops bundle to the target ad since its a different sku. So huge YMMV on that.

I just got back w/ the blops bundle + $100 gift card! thanks everyone! it automatically scans correctly. your only issue is to get the clerk to scan it. good luck, all!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! I GOT BLACK-OPS bundle NOW! Total 329.24 + 100 BBGC+10$
( I had another copy of the color print coupon on me and some guy came up to and asked me where i got my coupon.. so i told him i had an extra copy and he paid me $10 for it...) wow just my luck ain't it???

LA.,CA 90020 Thanks guys!!

[quote name='NorCal1083']black ops was a no go. but it worked with the regular PS3... the Best BUY was shocked at the deal, I was the first one to use the coupon.. lol[/QUOTE]

2 bad..

all good, I guess it all depends on whos workin, cause it clearly say the SKU number, and its not for the black ops bundle. lol

Yeah...I'm definitely not going to one of the BB in the area. There is an old lady who hates to see anyone get a deal. I'll be going to the other one to try and snag a BLOPS PS3.

Anyone in the Orange County, CA area? Did anyone in this area successfully use the coupon on the BO bundle? If so, which Best Buy location?

And which locations did it not work at?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']damnit, seeing people post they got it to work with the black ops bundle pisses me off. Try again tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Probably just takes getting a clerk that scans the stuff without thinking too much. Like the target deal. Harder to find those at BB, but if you really want black ops you can hopefully try a couple of BBs?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']damnit, seeing people post they got it to work with the black ops bundle pisses me off. Try again tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Bought Black-OPs bundle PS3 329.14 got 100 BB GC,
and "Color" Print out coupons(magazin) workin!! also bought Used 3 black-ops cost 19.22 each. and Trade rite away. They gave me $90 BB GC.
So..spent $386 got Black-ops PS3 and 190 BB GC. Not bad

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']I'll be trying this on friday, but on the vanilla console, employee I spoke to today said he knew for a fact they would not price match the blackops bundle to the target ad since its a different sku. So huge YMMV on that.[/QUOTE]

I know that the Target deal is working for the black ops bundle, but isn't that just sort of a weirdness of the bar codes or something? I mean, it's not technically in the add, so how would you get BB to PM it? I guess somebody like me could take in my receipt, show that and try, but I think all hell would break loose if I did that and then tried to use the coupon.

Might as well give it a shot though. Where is Enuf, we need his expertise (and a walkthrough) of this PM!

[quote name='onyzukae']Bought Black-OPs bundle PS3 329.14 got 100 BB GC,
and "Color" Print out coupons(magazin) workin!! also bought Used 3 black-ops cost 19.22 each. and Trade rite away. They gave me $90 BB GC.
So..spent $386 got Black-ops PS3 and 190 BB GC. Not bad[/QUOTE]

I haven't flipped a video game in a while (too many PS3 flips lately) but maybe I'll have to look into this and see if I can get something to justify the trip to BB :)

bread's done
Back