Best Buy - 16GB Memory Card for PlayStation Vita $29.99

I've been looking for it for awhile but my bestbuy didn't have, when I asked if they'll restock they said its being discontinued...weird. target PM which was awesome. now I can finally fit more than 1 game in my vita.

[quote name='chimpmeister']You're bragging because you successfully ripped off a retailer with shady underhanded tactics? Disgusting.[/QUOTE]

ummm yeah. i thought that was obvious?

I wish they would make this available online. No local BB. Closest one is like 1h15m, closest one that has one is 2-2 1/2 hrs.

[quote name='blume3']I wish they would make this available online. No local BB. Closest one is like 1h15m, closest one that has one is 2-2 1/2 hrs.[/QUOTE]
Pricematch it at Target.

[quote name='paulton']Did everyone try to pricematch at Target?[/QUOTE]

yes it works 100 percent
they might limit you to one thou..

[quote name='paulton']Did everyone try to pricematch at Target?[/QUOTE]

I was able to pick one up at Target with a price match. The sales guy knew what I was doing and tried to keep me from getting it but I just took it up front to a manager who handled it easily. It's really the only way to get it at this price now as all the Best Buy's in my area sold all of theirs long ago.

FINALLY! something good happened to me today.

SO i ordered a 16gb from BB through OMS, guy was super cool about it and was really helpful, said it would take about two and a half weeks, i said fine cause i thought it was a good deal. So estimated delivery date came and went and i was curious about what happened to it, i go to the store and guy says they are doing inventory all over the country so it would take a bit longer, I said ok thats fine so i left.

I got the email saying my order was ready for store pick up, so i didn't have time for about 3 or 4 days until this morning when i actually waited outside the store for 2 hrs cause i wasn't going to have time later. So, i go in and i had a $30 reward cert and $20 my dad gave me to buy my kids breakfast " by the time i got out breakfast was over and my kids were still asleep" so i decide to buy soul sacrifice. :) (ended up paying 10 for it)

So after that purchase i head over to CS and talk with the same guy, a couple minutes later he give me the bad news " the warehouse sent an 8gb, we can cancel the order or you can get the 32gb". Me disappointed, thought about it and went ahead with the 32 gb, so the guy says he can take $30 off for me cause well thats what i was saving in the other one, i tried to push for 50% but he wouldn't budge cause it needed manager override. He says its a $43 difference , i say ok, return SS and ill take the card, so he does I don't know what for like 10 min and comes back.

Summary of my reciept and what he said:
$30 for 16gb ($25 for RZ cert)
$40 for SS ($30 Cert after return said i couldn't use them right away)

$100 for 32 gb
-$30
-$10
-$60 (manually input a discount $30 for 16gb f* up and $30 for unusable Cert)

so i got it for 40 paid 15 out of pocket after $25 cert. and I got my original $30 for SS back. YAy ( i went to gamestop, had a couple bucks from GC and trade in bought SS for $2 out of pocket.)

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']If you're near hhgregg, try there for the 16GB card. It's $25, YMMV.[/QUOTE]

yeah but we assume everyone on CAG has BB GC's ;)

From Target's Website:
"Competitor online items must be in stock at the time a price match is requested."

All BB's in my area... hell, probably Northern California... are out of stock. How have people gotten this price matched at Target? I'm now in the market for a Vita memory card and don't want to break the bank more than necessary.

Thats it, im PM'ing Target tomorrow for this. Quick question, do I NEED to print out BB's ad, or can they/ do they just look it up themselves? I would also like to PM for Assassins Creed 3 CE, but Best Buy does not have the link up of the $69.99 price :(

In the local one here, they do their best to avoid price matching so they will check the stock online and if it's not there, then they will do nothing.

[quote name='mask.air.raid']In the local one here, they do their best to avoid price matching so they will check the stock online and if it's not there, then they will do nothing.[/QUOTE]

Alright thanks, I usually forget to print things (or if I do I forget to bring the thing I printed) so if I they can look it up it would be perfect!

[quote name='mask.air.raid']In the local one here, they do their best to avoid price matching so they will check the stock online and if it's not there, then they will do nothing.[/QUOTE]

So the best chance of getting this PM'ed is to hope the Target employees don't check stock when you bring it up?

Crap.

Really tempted. Only going to have access to my Vita for 10 weeks and with a 4gb I can't have more than 1 big game downloaded at a time.

Yeah. I showed them the deals but they checked online and they rejected all of them for being sold out online except one because the employee wasn't paying attention to that one. Too bad it wasn't even in the store.

My target did a price match 2 weeks ago. Best buy online store was already sold out at that time. Was tempted to get 2 pcs. But I'm fine with one for now.

[quote name='CallOfGoaty']My target did a price match 2 weeks ago. Best buy online store was already sold out at that time. Was tempted to get 2 pcs. But I'm fine with one for now.[/QUOTE]

Very cool. Hopefully I'll have the same experience.

Much to my surprise, I was able to successfully PM this at my local Target this afternoon. Thought for sure it was a fool's errand.

The electronics employee seemed greatly annoyed that I would ask him to even check BB's site. After a good 8-9 minutes on his iPad, the employee begrudgingly said he could PM it for me.

So he unlocked one of the cards and took me to the register. But he realized he needed a manager to override the price. After another 5 minutes of waiting, one finally arrived. Thus began a very tense, angry-sounding line of question-and-answers between the manager and employee.

"Is it the exact same product?"
"Yeah."
"From a legitimate competitor?"
"Yeah."
"And they have it in stock?"

I thought the jig was up. As we all probably know, this damn card is just about out of stock everywhere; simply clicking another link on the BB site would have revealed this.

But complacency prevailed!

"Yeah," the employee responded.

I paid, grabbed my receipt and got the heck out of there. My very own heroic journey of sorts in Target.

As for my experience, they just checked it out on the iPad and that was it. Customer service didn't call for the manager I just brought the item to them and payed for it. lol

FYI, Best Buy shows stock in Sioux City, IA.

I'm going up there this weekend, actually, but I'm broke. Someone else local might do well to snag it.

[quote name='CAGMoose']FYI, Best Buy shows stock in Sioux City, IA.

I'm going up there this weekend, actually, but I'm broke. Someone else local might do well to snag it.[/QUOTE]

That is where I got mine from. They sent one from there to my local store in Florida so I could get it.

Hey, just wanted to chime in and say that I did a price-match and grabbed a 16GB at my local Target. They were very helpful and there was no problem at all, so if you still haven't gotten one thanks to all those "UNAVAILABLE"s on the Best Buy site, give a Target a try.

I picked up two at Target yesterday by price matching Best Buy. There was still one left if anyone wants me to pick it up and sell it to them on Paypal let me know.

does anyone else find this the most bizarre long running...not sure what to call it here....scheme?
I mean it's weird. I am not going to say it's right or wrong but it seems somewhat wrong but maybe not wrong wrong just wrong like "that seems kind of wrong" in the sense of why does this exist?

Any kind of moral debt would be owed by Best Buy for forcing poor Target to sell these precious Vita memory cards at such a steep discount. Makes me wonder how much of a mark up the store gets for selling them. I saw the blank hook at Wal Mart for this card with a clearance price. Not sure what it all means.

Why phase out the 16GB model? Why not the 4 or 8?

[quote name='JiveT']does anyone else find this the most bizarre long running...not sure what to call it here....scheme?
I mean it's weird. I am not going to say it's right or wrong but it seems somewhat wrong but maybe not wrong wrong just wrong like "that seems kind of wrong" in the sense of why does this exist?

Any kind of moral debt would be owed by Best Buy for forcing poor Target to sell these precious Vita memory cards at such a steep discount. Makes me wonder how much of a mark up the store gets for selling them. I saw the blank hook at Wal Mart for this card with a clearance price. Not sure what it all means.

Why phase out the 16GB model? Why not the 4 or 8?[/QUOTE]

I am guessing the 16GB was the most popular to be shoplifted from the stores. Many people feel that the 4 and 8 gig are too small, so lifting these weren't worth the risk.

I just picked up a card at Target and they price matched no problem. They did look the product up on their iPad, but never mentioned anything about it being out of stock, even though it is unavailable at every BB around here. Was in and out within a couple minutes. They even congratulated me on getting such a good deal. They still had a handful of cards left too so definitely check out Target for this deal.

[quote name='crookshow']I just picked up a card at Target and they price matched no problem. They did look the product up on their iPad, but never mentioned anything about it being out of stock, even though it is unavailable at every BB around here. Was in and out within a couple minutes. They even congratulated me on getting such a good deal. They still had a handful of cards left too so definitely check out Target for this deal.[/QUOTE]

I scored one at target too, but it took them several minutes to override the price. The guy with the ipad took forever to do the override, he didn't say anything, maybe he was just having a hard time finding the item on BB's website.

[quote name='erickdj']I scored one at target too, but it took them several minutes to override the price. The guy with the ipad took forever to do the override, he didn't say anything, maybe he was just having a hard time finding the item on BB's website.[/QUOTE]

The pm was super smooth for me, probably took 30 seconds to check out heck it was probably under 30 seconds, and the best part was there was no line!

Was able to pricematch this at Target about an hour ago. The walk from electronics to guest services were a little tense, but it all worked out fine.

Price matched at target with no problem. Longest part of it was waiting for the people at customer service to figure out how to work the ipad properly...

I got lucky and got the last card at the target in Santa Clarita, CA. The employee looked up the product on their iPad and PM'ed it no problem. Just needed a manager to override it. I was worried that they were not going to do it because its not in stock at BB

I convinced my Best Buy to give me the 50% off on the 32gb card since there were no 16gb cards anywhere and there were no other shipments ever coming in. Obviously a crazy YMMV but getting that 32gb card for $50 made my day. I put all 18 of my PSP games on there, I have 3 PSN games, plenty of patches and some DLC and still have over 8gb available. I think many of you may be able to get them to knock $30 off a 32gb stick if you tried. The 50% is likely a stretch but I spend crazy amounts of money at my Best Buy I have been a Silver Member forever and shop there probably twice a week at least.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']I convinced my Best Buy to give me the 50% off on the 32gb card since there were no 16gb cards anywhere and there were no other shipments ever coming in. Obviously a crazy YMMV but getting that 32gb card for $50 made my day. I put all 18 of my PSP games on there, I have 3 PSN games, plenty of patches and some DLC and still have over 8gb available. I think many of you may be able to get them to knock $30 off a 32gb stick if you tried. The 50% is likely a stretch but I spend crazy amounts of money at my Best Buy I have been a Silver Member forever and shop there probably twice a week at least.[/QUOTE]

So walk us through you managed it, cause that sounds like a helluva deal.

Another successful Target pricematch. No issues at all, just a bit of a wait for the manager override. I'm very cheaply getting some great accessories for my yet-to-be-purchased Vita!

[quote name='bilbobagins3']I convinced my Best Buy to give me the 50% off on the 32gb card since there were no 16gb cards anywhere and there were no other shipments ever coming in. Obviously a crazy YMMV but getting that 32gb card for $50 made my day. I put all 18 of my PSP games on there, I have 3 PSN games, plenty of patches and some DLC and still have over 8gb available. I think many of you may be able to get them to knock $30 off a 32gb stick if you tried. The 50% is likely a stretch but I spend crazy amounts of money at my Best Buy I have been a Silver Member forever and shop there probably twice a week at least.[/QUOTE]

Congrats - I had a successful PM of the AT&T $50 32GB card in hand at Best Buy way back in March but then it all fell apart when they couldn't find the eight cards they supposedly had in stock. Finally one of the gaming guys came up and said, yeah, they had been stolen long ago. I haven't seen anything besides 4GB and maybe a few 8GB at any Best Buy or Target since then.

Oh yeah, and AT&T eventually canceled my order (both an online order and then later an in store order), so screw them. I have an 8GB card but to be honest, the lack of storage has put me off the Vita and whenever I think of a new game to buy or play, I think of the hassle of having to juggle downloaded games and saves and then pass it up for another system instead. Huge mistake on Sony's part when they are trying to break the DS/3DS domination to have such an asinine storage option.

Another easy Target PM on this. It took the CSR a few minutes to pull it up on their iPad (it's funny that they have a tablet specifically for pricematching) but the way Best Buy displays it on their mobile site makes it extremely easy for a pricematch. I don't believe there is any mention of it being out of stock at all, it just doesn't have an "Add to Cart" button which nobody is gonna notice when just giving it a quick glimpse. Used my Redcard for a extra 5% and went out a happy man.

After that AT&T fiasco, I now have 2 16GB cards for a total of $60, so that's not too much more than the $50 it should have been for the 32GB.

Target PMed this no problem - Hillsdale Ave, San Jose, CA. The guy at the electronics checkout looked it up on his phone, didn't check local BB stock levels. The guy mentioned CAG so hello guy if you are reading this!

The only two times I have PM at Target, they have never checked to see if the product was in stock at the local BB.

Yeah, Target doesn't seem to control their PM'ing very much. I PMd this memory card no problem. I also PM'd A Dance With Dragons hardcover to Amazon's price, but the girl didn't know what she was doing and adjusted to the lowest used price. Combine that with my 5% off for Redcard, and I was a happy guy.

No luck at the Wheeling, IL Target. Took out her iPad and said no because it was a purely online price. Left the store kinda pissed.

For anyone in Houston, TX, this was incredibly easy to price match at the Westheimer location Target. In fact, they didn't even have an iPad to view the price match, so they just looked at my phone and cleared it.

[quote name='GiantBeaver']No luck at the Wheeling, IL Target. Took out her iPad and said no because it was a purely online price. Left the store kinda pissed.[/QUOTE]

It's actually purely in store because they won't ship it to you (online OOS). The problem should arise if they check with the local store to see if they have it in stock.

Edit: I see what they are saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back