Best Buy 2-Day Deals (4/26/13 - 4/27/13)

[quote name='YBX87']did you manage to pick up your dead island riptide preorder from that horrible bestbuy store, lol[/QUOTE]

lol Thanks for asking. Yep, it went through perfectly. I knew the girl at customer service and she is really smart. She knew what to do and it went through apparently. I kept all of the receipts (and taped them to the game case) in case I have to call for the 1000 rewardzone points.

I'm the type of person who never pays MSRP for games, so without the $20 rewardzone certificate, there's no way I'd pay for it. I'm so cheap, I'll probably keep the game sealed for 15 days just in case I have to take it back.

I was bitching about that crappy store and then they have a display full of 75% off games. I'm kind of regretting not getting Catherine. I think it would have been $15 (75% off $60), but if it rang up less than $60, it would have been cheaper.

I ended up buying Game of Thrones 360 for $7.50 and Warioware DIY for $6.25 (wish it rang up the $9.99 price so I could get it for $2.50).

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']lol Thanks for asking. Yep, it went through perfectly. I knew the girl at customer service and she is really smart. She knew what to do and it went through apparently. I kept all of the receipts (and taped them to the game case) in case I have to call for the 1000 rewardzone points.

I'm the type of person who never pays MSRP for games, so without the $20 rewardzone certificate, there's no way I'd pay for it. I'm so cheap, I'll probably keep the game sealed for 15 days just in case I have to take it back.

I was bitching about that crappy store and then they have a display full of 75% off games. I'm kind of regretting not getting Catherine. I think it would have been $15 (75% off $60), but if it rang up less than $60, it would have been cheaper.

I ended up buying Game of Thrones 360 for $7.50 and Warioware DIY for $6.25 (wish it rang up the $9.99 price so I could get it for $2.50).[/QUOTE]
It is good to hear it all worked out for you. you must not have much of a huge backlog, to be buying games like games of thrones, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='YBX87']It is good to heart it all worked out for you. you must not have much of a huge backlog, to be buying games like games of thrones, lol[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm a huge fan of the show and an achievement whore, but who knows if that will be enough to get to me complete that crappy game.

I have 500+ xbox 360 retail games that I haven't played and 100+ XBLA games to play (lots and lots of other backlogs for all the other consoles as well). I have a problem.

My favorite game is buying more games. Dead Island Riptide just jumped to the front of the backlog though because I paid so much for it.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']:lol::lol::lol:

I'm a huge fan of the show and an achievement whore, but who knows if that will be enough to get to me complete that crappy game.

I have 500+ xbox 360 retail games that I haven't played and 100+ XBLA games to play (lots and lots of other backlogs for all the other consoles as well). I have a problem.

My favorite game is buying more games. Dead Island Riptide just jumped to the front of the backlog though because I paid so much for it.[/QUOTE]

You're a bit worse than me but I'm still terrible. That underline boldface hits home pretty hard.

I went ahead and got SSX and Resistance 3. Been wanting SSX for a while and missed out last summer when it went super cheap. I ended up getting Resistance 1 and 2 super cheap at gamestop. I was holding out to get the collection from the sony retail site but figure i'll save the points and just get part 3 to round out the set.

oops actually canceled SSX since amazon has it now. Figure i'll get it quicker and save the $.70 sales tax.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']

I have 500+ xbox 360 retail games that I haven't played and 100+ XBLA games to play [/QUOTE]

:bow:

[quote name='ScorpioKyle']I went ahead and got SSX and Resistance 3.[/QUOTE]

I loved Resistance 3. I know a few people didn't, but I thought the varied weapons and pacing were good enough to keep me hooked. Now, SSX on the other hand...

[quote name='Zonic505']If I didn't already have Paper Mario & ZoE HD, I would've been all over those. Maybe something else will get added later today that I'll want.

& as awesome as Sin & Punishment is, it's been WAAAAY cheaper than $40 for some time now. Heck, it's $12 on Amazon. Though maybe Best Buy hasn't updated the price yet.[/QUOTE]

Sin and Punishment has been $5 twice as a BB DOTD and BB Late Summer Sale.

I thought it was really weird that Wario DIY rang up $24.99 at my store instead of $9.99. Is it possible that there are multiple SKUs for this game or something?

[quote name='breakfuss']:bow:

[/QUOTE]

At some point I'm going to post pictures of my collection here http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252007

It's so much that it's embarrassing. The rooms I have the games in are a mess, so I need to clean them and take some photos. I want to show the pictures off to CAGs but maybe I should also take pictures for insurance purposes.
I live in a state where there are a lot of hurricanes.

Unit 13 was going for $20 earlier, but now it has dropped down to $15. I was on the fence at $20, but it seems worth it at $15 (I enjoyed the demo).

Also, I believe Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood was going for $10 earlier, but it's now going for $8.

Haha, if you want to save a little bit on tax, if your state doesn't apply it for Amazon, the price their is the same as Best Buy for the Zone of the Enders HD Collection, so you save a little. Came out to like $18.80 versus just $17.99, in case anyone was wondering, or had credit like me.

SSX, AC: Brotherhood, Resistance 3, R&C: All 4 One are worth the price tag's in my opinion.

But I already own all of them and All 4 One was free through PS +.

If ZOE: HD & XCOM were cheaper I'd order those. Come on Best Buy, I have $5 RZ Cert to use!

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']No problem. I was just being a jerk. I was excited for that price, but I double checked the website and saw the real price and got dissapointed before I even went to BB.

I saw 3 copies of ZOE for 360, but decided against it because I was spending so much on other stuff (my store manager had a huge display of "manager special" 75% off games in front of the store). I honestly don't know too much about the ZOE franchise except that people rave about it often. I'd give it a blind buy if it was just a tiny bit cheaper than $17.99.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't have that certificate. I played a little bit of the first game on the PS2 and liked it. I've been wanting to play it again for awhile and have been keeping my eye on the HD Collection. It's hard for me to pass something up for under $15, especially if it's something I really want.

[quote name='Komentra']SSX, AC: Brotherhood, Resistance 3, R&C: All 4 One are worth the price tag's in my opinion.

But I already own all of them and All 4 One was free through PS +.

If ZOE: HD & XCOM were cheaper I'd order those. Come on Best Buy, I have $5 RZ Cert to use![/QUOTE]

Did they ever fix the hour-long uninstall for Resistance 3? That's the only thing preventing me from getting it.

[quote name='themidgardknight']Haha, if you want to save a little bit on tax, if your state doesn't apply it for Amazon, the price their is the same as Best Buy for the Zone of the Enders HD Collection, so you save a little. Came out to like $18.80 versus just $17.99, in case anyone was wondering, or had credit like me.[/QUOTE]

Im the same way. And for $5 I'll try just about any game half decent.

Has ZOE? Been cheaper anywhere else that anyone knows about?

I've always heard how good these games are, but I've never played either one of them, so I'm tempted to give them a shot... however,

I've also heard that the ports aren't the best, so I'm hesitant to drop 17 on them if they are really that awful. Seems more like a 10 or 12 dollar venture.

Resistance 3 is amazing for $10, great single player and the multiplayer was fun but i think the community is dead since i last played it a year agi

but for $10 go for it B^)

wish the rockstar pack was like $30 or $20

Really just got back into (or really using at all more than for BD's) the PlayStation thanks to my Vita and Plus sub, so looks like I will be grabbing Resistance today. Thanks for the alert.

Well I went ahead and bit on Resistance 3. With a $5 RC I'm only out $5 bucks. Anybody know if it is a decent game? I recall liking the first one.

[quote name='BoromirsFan']is this sale online or instore?[/QUOTE]
It wasn't posted but it rang up correctly. At least for Resistance 3.

[quote name='Phenomic']Has ZOE? Been cheaper anywhere else that anyone knows about?

I've always heard how good these games are, but I've never played either one of them, so I'm tempted to give them a shot... however,

I've also heard that the ports aren't the best, so I'm hesitant to drop 17 on them if they are really that awful. Seems more like a 10 or 12 dollar venture.[/QUOTE]

I have heard bad news about the port, HOWEVER these games are incredible. I have both on PS2, but still wanted to own them on PS3 again because of how fun they are. They're good story wise and combat is incredibly gratifying. I've probably beat both of them 3 to 4 times each.

The 2nd one is much better too, where the story and combat all improve. They did a fantastic job with the series and I really hope they do more.

[quote name='Midnighthawk']Ordered AC:B for store pick up. Went in and they gave me AC3 instead. Now I don't have to wait for Black Friday. Woot![/QUOTE]

LOL you win!

I picked up D2. Time for some uber runs.

I wasn't going to be able to get to BB in time, so I stopped at Target after BB had closed and they PM Resistance 3 for me.

bread's done
Back