Best Buy 2-for-$35 Blu-Rays + $10 Movie Cash per Title (incl. new release X-Men BRs)

BWOzar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Best Buy has a 2 for $35 sale on Blu-Rays going on now - each release also includes $10 movie money that can be used towards X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Night at the Museum 2: Battle at the Smithsonian or Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat179600050007

The included movies are:
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Australia
Daredevil
Eragon
Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Horton Hears a Who
Ice Age
Ice Age: The Meltdown
Max Payne
Napoleon Dynamite
Night at the Museum
Rescue Dawn
X-Men
X2: X-Men United
X-Men: The Last Stand (old version)
X-Men: The Last Stand (new version)

whats the old and new version of Xman 3 didnt know they a new version

[quote name='starmask2k3']whats the old and new version of Xman 3 didnt know they a new version[/quote]

Old version is the one that's out now and has been out for a long time. New version is the one being released on Tuesday as part of the full trilogy's release and includes a ton more special features.

That's not a bad deal for X1 and X2... but I'd rather spend the extra $10 for the trilogy (using the Papa John's $10 off coupon, the BB sale price of $55 > $45.

[quote name='gorgo']That's not a bad deal for X1 and X2... but I'd rather spend the extra $10 for the trilogy (using the Papa John's $10 off coupon, the BB sale price of $55 > $45.[/QUOTE]

Does that coupon come on a pizza box or something?

[quote name='Frogurt.man']Do the individual X-Men Blu-Rays come with the extra content found in the complete trilogy bundle?[/quote]

I could be mistaken, but I believe they have everything except the digital copy

[quote name='BWOzar']I could be mistaken, but I believe they have everything except the digital copy[/quote]

which of course SCREWS everyone who has a Zune :(

[quote name='ITDEFX']which of course SCREWS everyone who has a Zune :([/quote]

You have a Zune. Your already screwed.

J/k :lol:

[quote name='gorgo']That's not a bad deal for X1 and X2... but I'd rather spend the extra $10 for the trilogy (using the Papa John's $10 off coupon, the BB sale price of $55 > $45.[/quote]

[quote name='Frogurt.man']Do the individual X-Men Blu-Rays come with the extra content found in the complete trilogy bundle?[/quote]
the Trilogy box set includes digital copies with each of the 3 releases while the stand alones do not
the stand alones offer $10 movie cash each where the box set offers no movie cash

movie cash - $10 each value to me
digital copies - $0 each value to me

cancelled my $48 trilogy preorder last night and ordered X1 and X2 and will look to pick up X3 on deal at a later date

Since I already have the Last Stand on BD (a freebie sent back in the old buy a Blu player, get 5 free movies days) this worked out as a good deal for me since I just need X1 and X2. The movie cash will make a good deal great.

Already ordered for instore pickup Tuesday.

[quote name='sunnysky']Let's please stay away from the Zune debate.[/quote]

I was merely joking. I did not mean it as an insult. I own a craPOD.

Anyways looks like I will just take advantage of this sale and give the movie cash to a friend with kids so he can see X-Men Origins.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']Does that coupon come on a pizza box or something?[/quote]

Yes I just got one today. Papa John's only.

You couldn't pay me to take that movie.

I read the shooting script for it a year before it was released and when I told friends what took place in it, they thought I was joking. I only wished...

[quote name='digitalbabe']Thanks OP, had some certs-got X-Men 1& 2 and another BD for $11.76. Sweet!:)[/quote]

omg ME TOO!!

Creepy...

[quote name='digitalbabe']Thanks OP, had some certs-got X-Men 1& 2 and another BD for $11.76. Sweet!:)[/quote]
So now if you use the two movie money certificatres that came with them, you'll actually make a profit off the blu-rays.

Was thinking Australia and one of the first two X-Men movies, but I hear Australia is screaming double-dip in the future. Maybe I'll pass on this and do the Papa Johns deal.

Picked up X-Men, X-2, Australia, and Horton. I personally liked Australia even though I was expecting a musical and felt that it kinda dragged and could have ended at so many different points in the film. But, it did have some great cinematography.

[quote name='dafunkk12']Was thinking Australia and one of the first two X-Men movies, but I hear Australia is screaming double-dip in the future. Maybe I'll pass on this and do the Papa Johns deal.[/quote]

Just curious, but what have you heard is missing or could be added to ensure a double dip. Though Luhrmann has said that he did cut some scenes, I doubt he or the studio would go back and re-edit for a re-release that would surpass a 3 hour run time. Bring on Moulin Rouge!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Are the titles marked with the free movie cash promo or is it something they send you separately like a rebate?[/quote]

It is a sticker affixed on the plastic, similar to what was done for Quantum of Solace.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Excellent...I'll be picking up Ice Age & Horton Hears a Who along with X-Men Trilogy tomorrow.

Thanks Jazzman.[/quote]

Unless you want the box, it's best to buy them separate with the 2 for $35 + movie cash. Maybe pickup both Ice Age's, Horton, and X-trilogy. Not sure if that was your plan since you only mentioned the first Ice Age, therefore only netting you 5 movies instead of six for $105 + 8.75%tax + $60 movie cash.

[quote name='TheRock88']Isnt it now 9.75%?

:([/quote]

Not in the OC. :lol: We went from 7.75% to 8.75% if I'm not mistaken.

[quote name='jazzman']Unless you want the box, it's best to buy them separate with the 2 for $35 + movie cash. Maybe pickup both Ice Age's, Horton, and X-trilogy. Not sure if that was your plan since you only mentioned the first Ice Age, therefore only netting you 5 movies instead of six for $105 + 8.75%tax + $60 movie cash.[/quote]

I just came back from Best Buy and I almost did that...they had the 3 X-Mens on Blu-Ray...no trilogy yet. I have a $10 coupon for the trilogy and I already had Ice Age: The Meltdown...figure 5 movies for $87 (roughly after tax) and $30 movie cash is good enough for me.

hey Cag'ers,
just thought id give my experience. tried to look for the xmen blu-rays separately (xmen, x-2, and x-3). stupid employee knew nothing about the promo. asked her if she would go to the back and see if they where there since i saw none at the display area and in the blu ray section. took freaken 20 minutes, then i tell her to go get someone who would know. then some cranky bitch comes, i show her on the computer that they have the blu ray instock, then she give my a complaint about how the release date is tomorrow and they cant sell the individual blu rays or they will get fined. oh well. i did notice that majority of the blurays had the white sticker but many did not. i would suggest people that are interested in this actually look for the sticker attached to the blu ray to get the deal and the e-movie cash.

for those who got there x-men blu rays, is it worth the getting the blu rays separate (with movie cash) or should i just get the trilogy pack (with digital copy)?

[quote name='tahoesnowboarder']hey Cag'ers,
just thought id give my experience. tried to look for the xmen blu-rays separately (xmen, x-2, and x-3). stupid employee knew nothing about the promo. asked her if she would go to the back and see if they where there since i saw none at the display area and in the blu ray section. took freaken 20 minutes, then i tell her to go get someone who would know. then some cranky bitch comes, i show her on the computer that they have the blu ray instock, then she give my a complaint about how the release date is tomorrow and they cant sell the individual blu rays or they will get fined. oh well. i did notice that majority of the blurays had the white sticker but many did not. i would suggest people that are interested in this actually look for the sticker attached to the blu ray to get the deal and the e-movie cash.

for those who got there x-men blu rays, is it worth the getting the blu rays separate (with movie cash) or should i just get the trilogy pack (with digital copy)?[/quote]

Wait.. u got all pissy cuz they wouldnt break release date and get themselves fined?

Wow dude.. talk about just being a jerk. If i were the manager i wouldve just kicked ur butt out for being so rude.

This is just an FYI to everyone but MAKE SURE you pickup the version with a sticker on the front that says FREE MOVIE CASH. If not then you won't be getting a free movie tcicket.

[quote name='jazzman']Just curious, but what have you heard is missing or could be added to ensure a double dip. Though Luhrmann has said that he did cut some scenes, I doubt he or the studio would go back and re-edit for a re-release that would surpass a 3 hour run time. Bring on Moulin Rouge![/QUOTE]
All I've really heard that suggests a double-dip is A.) It's a Fox disc and B.) not too luxurious extras on current release. Still, from reviews I've read, it's about an hour's worth of video extras. There's potential for at least the addition of an audio commentary.

*For the record, I haven't seen the film yet.

Picked up X-Men 1 and 2 from BB. This is really a great deal because I was gonna go attend Origins anyway and I wanted these on BD, so now I got the movies and two free movie tickets to boot! Thanks for the ups on this deal guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
picked up my Xmen blurays today - they didn't have the sticker on them so i went to the floor and grabbed ones that did and they just swapped them for me.
My receipt said $7.50 for Xmen 1 and 2, so not sure what is going on there. I did use a $15 RZ code, but that only adds up to $30, not $35.

Looks like I should have just got all 3 separately last night...the trilogy set apparently doesn't contain the movie cash :whistle2:|

I wonder if I could pull a fast one and use the coupon still :whistle2:k

[quote name='Pookymeister']picked up my Xmen blurays today - they didn't have the sticker on them so i went to the floor and grabbed ones that did and they just swapped them for me.
My receipt said $7.50 for Xmen 1 and 2, so not sure what is going on there. I did use a $15 RZ code, but that only adds up to $30, not $35.[/QUOTE]

All 3 show 7.50 for me also. Australia showed at the correct 17.50 price. I didn't use any coupons.

I tried to do the deal online again but it still shows $35 for 2... so I wonder if this is a glitch between the store and the website

Tossed in for Horton Hears A Who and Rescue Dawn. Yes, I know that's quite the pair. :lol: Had $10 in an eCoupon, so it was $25 + tax. Since I'd be spending $20 for a pair of IMAX tickets, seemed like a no-brainer to get two BR movies as well for another $7-$8.

I'll bag the X-Men Trilogy at some point, as I do want the digital copies of the movies.

bread's done
Back