Best Buy 2-for-$35 Blu-Rays + $10 Movie Cash per Title (incl. new release X-Men BRs)

BWOzar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Best Buy has a 2 for $35 sale on Blu-Rays going on now - each release also includes $10 movie money that can be used towards X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Night at the Museum 2: Battle at the Smithsonian or Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat179600050007

The included movies are:
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Australia
Daredevil
Eragon
Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Horton Hears a Who
Ice Age
Ice Age: The Meltdown
Max Payne
Napoleon Dynamite
Night at the Museum
Rescue Dawn
X-Men
X2: X-Men United
X-Men: The Last Stand (old version)
X-Men: The Last Stand (new version)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Looks like I should have just got all 3 separately last night...the trilogy set apparently doesn't contain the movie cash :whistle2:|

I wonder if I could pull a fast one and use the coupon still :whistle2:k[/quote]

Yeah.. I understand why it doesnt but that blows.

I wonder if you took it in and showed them the ad if they would budge...?

[quote name='Pookymeister']My receipt said $7.50 for Xmen 1 and 2, so not sure what is going on there. I did use a $15 RZ code, but that only adds up to $30, not $35.[/quote]

[quote name='dragon_image18']All 3 show 7.50 for me also. Australia showed at the correct 17.50 price. I didn't use any coupons.
[/quote]

Wait, what?!?

Can you clarify?:
  • You ordered online, then picked up in-store? Or did you buy & pay for in-store?
  • If you ordered online, did they appear in your cart @ $7.50 each?
I'd pick up all three X-men films at that price!

I ordered online. t showed as $35 at checkout.

Went to the store and picked up the movies. Only the X-men movies had the price change on the receipt.
Also, the new price shows in my order history online.

I am going to try it again and hope for the same result

Oh snap! Guess I'll place my order online.

EDIT: Crap...I just ordered 3...I wonder if the glitch happens when you have all 3 plus another from the list :whistle2:k

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. So maybe my total was really $0 after my $15 RZ certs? I guess i have to wait for the CC statement to see what happened.

No, just xmen 1 and 2 since i already had 3. Though if these are turning out to be $7.50 i think i might have to get 3 again just for the extras and sell my other version.

*edit* i played a 2nd order for the hell of it. Though i suspect i know why it glitched. If i am right, then only those orders placed yesterday will be affected. Here's to hoping I am wrong

Picked up 1 and 2. They didn't have the new released Last Stand so I'm going to wait and maybe pick it up with Max Payne next time. Thanks OP, I would have never known about the etickets had it not been for this thread.

[quote name='Pookymeister']No, just xmen 1 and 2 since i already had 3. Though if these are turning out to be $7.50 i think i might have to get 3 again just for the extras and sell my other version.

*edit* i played a 2nd order for the hell of it. Though i suspect i know why it glitched. If i am right, then only those orders placed yesterday will be affected. Here's to hoping I am wrong[/quote]And why do you think it's only orders that were placed yesterday?

[quote name='Pookymeister']No, just xmen 1 and 2 since i already had 3. Though if these are turning out to be $7.50 i think i might have to get 3 again just for the extras and sell my other version.

*edit* i played a 2nd order for the hell of it. Though i suspect i know why it glitched. If i am right, then only those orders placed yesterday will be affected. Here's to hoping I am wrong[/quote]

what was the glitch?

[quote name='shrike4242']And why do you think it's only orders that were placed yesterday?[/quote]

beat me to it lol

*edit* i played a 2nd order for the hell of it. Though i suspect i know why it glitched. If i am right, then only those orders placed yesterday will be affected. Here's to hoping I am wrong[/quote]

I just placed an order for 1 and 2 :br:.

If you got charged $7.50, maybe the site/store confused it for the dvd versions, which are 2 for $15 this week?

[quote name='shrike4242']And why do you think it's only orders that were placed yesterday?[/quote]

IIRC, they were priced 29.99 *normal price* when ordered yesterday? Now they are $19.99. The numbers add up (17.50 to 7.50)

Um..

I just bought all 3 xmens and see nothing about a DIGITAL COPY on any of them.. i opened up last stand and there wasnt a digital copy at all.. what the heck?

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Um..

I just bought all 3 xmens and see nothing about a DIGITAL COPY on any of them.. i opened up last stand and there wasnt a digital copy at all.. what the heck?[/QUOTE]
You only get digital copies when you buy the trilogy.

[quote name='shadowrage']You only get digital copies when you buy the trilogy.[/quote]

That is the biggest bunch of BS ever.

Im so mad, now ive got 3 copies of xmen to get rid of and go get the trilogy.

ARGH!!!!

[quote name='dragon_image18']I just tried to get the $7.50 deal again, but no good. The price was correct for all the X-men BDs this time I guess they firgured it out.[/quote]

Damn! Guess I'll cancel my order and just go get the Trilogy.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']That is the biggest bunch of BS ever.

ARGH!!!![/quote]
People actually use digital copies?!!!

is the only difference between the standalone and the trilogy the digital copies?? or are there way more extras in the trilogy?

[quote name='dash421']is the only difference between the standalone and the trilogy the digital copies?? or are there way more extras in the trilogy?[/quote]

Only the digital copies apparently.

Which is crap -_-V

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']That is the biggest bunch of BS ever.

ARGH!!!![/quote]

lol....read the back cover before buying.

[quote name='Animal7390']standalone - movie cash and no digital copies
trilogy - no movie cash and digital copies[/quote]

if we're talking about best buy, true. but magnolia has copies with the movie cash back as well as hastings i believe.

[quote name='Animal7390']standalone - movie cash and no digital copies
trilogy - no movie cash and digital copies[/QUOTE]

I bought the stand alones and there is nothing anywhere stating "Movie Cash" only a free preview if you purchase tickets through BD-live.

WTF?!

[quote name='Deadpool']I bought the stand alones and there is nothing anywhere stating "Movie Cash" only a free preview if you purchase tickets through BD-live.

WTF?![/quote]

Its on a sticker on the case before you take off the plastic wrap.

If you didnt open them take it back...

The ones with the movie cash have their own cart somewhere in the store.

Picked up X1 and X2 for around $27 after taxes and a $10 RZ cert.

They had a few X1's but didnt see any X2's. Just started to walk around the store and luckily found an X-2 sitting in one of those carts that the employees use to stock items. Both had the movie cash.

[quote name='Deadpool']I bought the stand alones and there is nothing anywhere stating "Movie Cash" only a free preview if you purchase tickets through BD-live.

WTF?![/quote]

i hope you didn't throw the plastic wrap away since its basically on the sticker which was attached to it :lol: I was expecting something inside also and freaked out for a second as well.

Picked up X1-X3 separately, figured $30 in movie cash is more in savings than $10 movie cash and -$10 discount with the Papa Johns coupon. I don't ever use the digital copies so no worries there...and although having the box for the trilogy is nice...I'll pass for the savings.

Hmm.... it would be nice to have all 3 movies on BR in the box set..but from what I have been reading...it's better to get them separately and save more (with the PJ coupon), than to buy the box set. Weird about no digital copies on the box set. But then again, digital copies are just a waste since I can use them on the zune :( so I just give it to my bro for his Nano.

I spent about 20 minutes trying to find the ones with the e-Cash coupons on them, and it was like looking for a needle in a haystack.

The BB reps eventually found them, and they were on a standing display in the back of the DVD section, near to the TV's and AV equipment. They only had a few copies of each with the e-Cash on them, so they're a little on the scarce side.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Picked up X1-X3 separately, figured $30 in movie cash is more in savings than $10 movie cash and -$10 discount with the Papa Johns coupon. I don't ever use the digital copies so no worries there...and although having the box for the trilogy is nice...I'll pass for the savings.[/quote]
Wait, how did you get the movie cash and use the Papa John's coupon? I thought the movie cash was only in the individual :br:s and that the coupon was only good for the trilogy set? I want in on that action! :)

[quote name='shrike4242']I spent about 20 minutes trying to find the ones with the e-Cash coupons on them, and it was like looking for a needle in a haystack.

The BB reps eventually found them, and they were on a standing display in the back of the DVD section, near to the TV's and AV equipment. They only had a few copies of each with the e-Cash on them, so they're a little on the scarce side.[/quote]

This doesn't look good.

About half the copies I looked at had the sticker, so it's certainly something to be aware of. What's strange is the movie money is good until September, so I don't know why they didn't put the sticker on all copies. I feel like there's a good likelihood of stores getting a re-stock of discs w/ the code in the future.

While I didn't take a pic, the sticker is massive and unavoidable. It takes up about 1/6 of the front of the box, so it's impossible to miss. There shouldn't be any doubt whether or not you picked up a copy with the movie money.

I just want people to be sure to know that the movie cash is actually on the back of the sticker that's on the wrapper. I thought it was gonna be a slip inside the movie and it took me a while to notice that it was actually on the back of that sticker, which is pretty easy to tear up when you take off the plastic wrap.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Its on a sticker on the case before you take off the plastic wrap.

If you didnt open them take it back...

The ones with the movie cash have their own cart somewhere in the store.[/QUOTE]

Shit. I opened that shit and i will still return it! I ordered them thru BB.com with instore pickup so i will be okay as it states online that you will get them movie cash. fuckers :bomb:

[quote name='dg7md']I just want people to be sure to know that the movie cash is actually on the back of the sticker that's on the wrapper. I thought it was gonna be a slip inside the movie and it took me a while to notice that it was actually on the back of that sticker, which is pretty easy to tear up when you take off the plastic wrap.[/quote]Yes, it's easy to see which ones have the movie cash and which ones didn't, though the media reps I dealt with didn't have clue one about the promotion. Since I found mine on a standalone display towards the back of the media area, so people should look for a standalone display if they can't find the copies with the movie cash on the shelf.

[quote name='Deadpool']Shit. I opened that shit and i will still return it! I ordered them thru BB.com with instore pickup so i will be okay as it states online that you will get them movie cash. fuckers :bomb:[/quote]You can exchange it for the same title in-store, though they'll likely open it in-store, to make sure you can't return it for your money back. If they do let you exchange it, which they should, and they take off the shrinkwrap, make sure you get the movie cash sticker on the shrinkwrap.

so this deal isnt good instore? i cant just pick up x1 and x2 at go up to register?

instore pickup only? that kinda makes it harder to get the movie cash

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']The deal is available instore as well. I picked up X1 and X2 yesterday.[/quote]

It rings up $35 in store?

[quote name='guyver2077']so this deal isnt good instore? i cant just pick up x1 and x2 at go up to register?

instore pickup only? that kinda makes it harder to get the movie cash[/quote]

No doubt. The lack of movie cash on the ones held for my online order, coupled with the lack of movie cash on ANY copies of X1&X2 made me return them right after I picked them up.

I did an instore pick up order on Sunday and just went to get it...the girl at the counter said that they are now ringing at $7.50 per movie so she price adjusted. I got both X1 and X2 for $15 + tax and one of them had the movie cash on package as well.

Has anyone else seen this or did I get lucky?

bread's done
Back