Best Buy 2-for-$35 Blu-Rays + $10 Movie Cash per Title (incl. new release X-Men BRs)

BWOzar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Best Buy has a 2 for $35 sale on Blu-Rays going on now - each release also includes $10 movie money that can be used towards X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Night at the Museum 2: Battle at the Smithsonian or Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat179600050007

The included movies are:
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Australia
Daredevil
Eragon
Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Horton Hears a Who
Ice Age
Ice Age: The Meltdown
Max Payne
Napoleon Dynamite
Night at the Museum
Rescue Dawn
X-Men
X2: X-Men United
X-Men: The Last Stand (old version)
X-Men: The Last Stand (new version)

Hey Cags,

With the PPJohn $10 off for the Trilogy, I wanted to get this at BB.
Are they suppose to take $10 BEFORE the Tax or AFTER the TaX?

Example:

a) $54.99 - $10 = Subtotal + Tax

b) $54.99 + Tax = Subtotal - $10

[quote name='cagfansub']Hey Cags,

With the PPJohn $10 off for the Trilogy, I wanted to get this at BB.
Are they suppose to take $10 BEFORE the Tax or AFTER the TaX?

Example:

a) $54.99 - $10 = Subtotal + Tax

b) $54.99 + Tax = Subtotal - $10[/quote]

Coupons always come off before tax, I believe - doesn't seem right to tax money that isn't actually collected...

[quote name='BWOzar']Coupons always come off before tax, I believe - doesn't seem right to tax money that isn't actually collected...[/quote]

No, tax is collected on the pre-coupon amount.

Arghhh.. This would be a good deal, except last time I did that with the bond movies and the movie cash was only good at United Artists... and there are only like 2 of those in the valley and they are the worst theaters in Arizona. :(

When I went to do my in-store pick-up I found some D-Bag had pulled the stickers off. I had to grab replacements and stand in line for 20 minutes behind two people applying for store cards. :bomb:

I called 3 Best Buys in my area and only one store has the X-Men Trilogy with a movie ticket on it. I asked her to hold it for me and I'm on my way now to pick it up.

This is odd.. I went in BB to get my X-men, all the singles do not have any of the movies cash and I approach one of them and asked, the BB staff said they're inside the package (is she clueless?).

I browse around and only X-men package that has the movie cash sticker is the Trilogy package.

Then, at one corner I saw BB employee starts peeling off the sticker and putting them aside. I asked him and he said the mgr told them to do it.
They're not suppose to provide it to singles since it already has it inside.

Is that true? A mistake in BB advertisement, perhaps?

[quote name='cagfansub']This is odd.. I went in BB to get my X-men, all the singles do not have any of the movies cash and I approach one of them and asked, the BB staff said they're inside the package (is she clueless?).

I browse around and only X-men package that has the movie cash sticker is the Trilogy package.

Then, at one corner I saw BB employee starts peeling off the sticker and putting them aside. I asked him and he said the mgr told them to do it.
They're not suppose to provide it to singles since it already has it inside.

Is that true? A mistake in BB advertisement, perhaps?[/quote]Mistake in manager logic.

If the package doesn't have the sticker on it, then there's no guarantee the movie cash is inside.

Supposedly, it's under the sticker, though I need to unshrink my two movies and see where the damned movie cash is.

The code is BEHIND the sticker! It is so easy to peel them off the plastic shrink wrap that there's no way to tell if they came with one or not. The instructions on how to redeem your code AND the code are behind the sticker. I think ALL of them comes with a movie sticker... I've already seen BB employees peeling them off and saving it for themselves. This is the same as stealing and those employees should get disciplined.

[quote name='SakBee']I've already seen BB employees peeling them off and saving it for themselves. This is the same as stealing and those employees should get kicked in the cunt.[/QUOTE]

I fixed your statement. ;)

Putting the number code behind the sticker was moronic. I guess putting the EE coupon on the outside of some of the :br: was as well. I was pissed when I picked mine up and someone peeled them off; I was glad I found two on the rack with them intact, waiting in-line was still infuriating.

How does the sticker look like exactly? The only sticker on mine says sneak peak for xmen origins. pic lol I guess i got screwed and will return tomorrow.

[quote name='pinkofloydo']How does the sticker look like exactly? The only sticker on mine says sneak peak for xmen origins. pic lol I guess i got screwed and will return tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Yes you did. It's a big ass sticker in the bottom left on the front side of the box. It's about 2/3rds the size of a credit card. Impossible to miss it.

for those who want to know what to look out for

STICKER2.jpg

STICKER1.jpg

Yea pretty shaddy for management to remove the stickers. At my store I only found 1 XM3 BR with that sticker, and the other XM movies didn't have it. Yet nearly all there expensive trilogy box sets had the sticker :| Hmmm..

If you tilt the box a bit you can actually SEE the code on the back confirming its on the sticker!!

The last copy of the trilogy I picked up today didn't have the sticker, but a copy of X2 did. Pretty sucky, but I'd rather have $15 or so off the set and just pay the $8 come release date...

I went to BB this morning. No stickers on any of the X men Blu Rays. Picked up Horton (which did have a sticker) and X3. They tried to tell me that it just didn't come with one. I broke out their ad and showed them that very BR with the $10 movie cash. After a little complaining, they gave me a sticker off another DVD case and left satisfied.

i shouldnt have waited to end of week but w.e been busy..

im gonna go in a few to pick pick up the bd's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to BB customer service line to return another item, a guy infront of me was very upset because he was told the X-men he bought would have the emovies cash inside the package before he bought it and now that he has opened and cannot find the emovie cash, he wanted to return but BB rep refused and ask him to exchange, he got another one and open in front of the rep, still cannot find the emovies cash coupon.. another BB staff came by and told him that only the Trilogy has it, not the singles.. he shown them the ad but BB staff said that's what they were given and they cannot accept returns for opened movies.

The guy left the store, fuming, felt he was cheated and said he would not have open if it has known about this and the misleading ad.

Note, this is the same store when some of their staff were told to peel off the sticker by their manager.. then of course.. different shifts.. different employee. different manager.seems like nobody at BB actually knows anything.

Word of warning.. when you go to redeem the movie tickets, make the ticket person enter them 1 at a time. When I tried to redeem quantum of solace, the person messed it up.

I think the movie theater computers treat the tickets like debit cards. I think the ticket person made a mistake trying to print 2 tickets at one time. All I know is he said one was already used and the 2nd one had $1.50 on it. Manager did not have a clue. I had to buy my tickets and then file a claim to get the money for them.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']When I went to do my in-store pick-up I found some D-Bag had pulled the stickers off. I had to grab replacements and stand in line for 20 minutes behind two people applying for store cards. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Perhaps it wasn't someone taking them off. I found several without stickers and there was no residue or evidence of ever being a stickered box.

Oh I forgot to add that they had two sections with the BRD's. The regular section (no stickers) and one of those displays in the middle of the aisle mixed with regular and BRD's that had the stickers.

I finally decided to use this promotion and I'm glad I did. I got the first two X-Men blu-rays and a ticket to see Wolverine this weekend for the $35. Thanks OP.

I ordered mine online and did in store pickup. Out of the four movies only one had the movie cash sticker on it. I explained that part of the deal was that they were to all have the sticker and they exchanged the three for ones that did. I noticed on the shelf that only about half of them had the stickers.

So I got Xmen 1, Xmen 2, Horton, and Ice Age 2 all with the movie cash.

[quote name='Chixdiggit']I ordered mine online and did in store pickup. Out of the four movies only one had the movie cash sticker on it. I explained that part of the deal was that they were to all have the sticker and they exchanged the three for ones that did. I noticed on the shelf that only about half of them had the stickers.

So I got Xmen 1, Xmen 2, Horton, and Ice Age 2 all with the movie cash.[/quote]

Dude, you lucky.. dunno why in my store, the BB manager directed the employees to peel them off the standard single version and only allow the movie cash stick to be on the Trilogy edition only.

End up buying from Target instead because all of them have the emovies cash on them.

bread's done
Back