BEST BUY 2 Months of gamefly for 11.95 ( MAYBE even 1.95 with coupon)

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
if you get one of those new coupon books what gives you

10 buck gift card with 2 month gamefly purchase

you can get 2 months of gamefly for 2 bucks WOW

right now on best buy page

2 months for 11.95 Reg 21.95

LINK

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6708903&type=product&id=1091099613227

Cousin called and was told this is a ONLINE SALE ONLY.... you can order online to do store pick up BUT you just cant walk into a store and buy one (rings up 21.95 instore

i went over to pick up my order... they dont have the coupon books there Crap.... BUT I was told by the manager

bring in proof of a online price and they wll price match it...

dont know if it would work or not BUT 12 bucks for 2 months is good enough for me

2 months would reg cost you 44+ tax

I've been using these buy 1 month get 1 month free cards for a while now. $11 a month for 2 games out at a time is a good deal even though east coast service sucks so $6 a month is a steal. I guess i'll go to the store tomorrow and try to find a coupon book.

Thanks OP, i was going to take a month or so off after my current subscription expires but for this price i'll keep it going I suppose. :D

BTW this is a NEW SUBSCRIBER ONLY promo. If you already have an account you'll have to cancel it and set up a new account and new email address yada yada yada.

[quote name='$hady']I've been using these buy 1 month get 1 month free cards for a while now. $11 a month for 2 games out at a time is a good deal even though east coast service sucks so $6 a month is a steal. I guess i'll go to the store tomorrow and try to find a coupon book.

Thanks OP, i was going to take a month or so off after my current subscription expires but for this price i'll keep it going I suppose. :D

BTW this is a NEW SUBSCRIBER ONLY promo. If you already have an account you'll have to set up a new account and new email address yada yada yada.[/QUOTE]

so if you just use a new email address and a new credit card you can get them delivery to the same house ????

i was thinking you could always rent a PO box for 10-15 bucks per 3 month if you could use the same mailing address.... total be around 22-27 Still almost half the cost of a normal gamelfy account

i just used instore pick up for a 2nd one and did a mail delivery for another

i figure if they dont allow me to use the same address i just open up PO boxes

i was told when i picked this up

THIS IS A ONLINE PRICE ONLY meaning it could change at anytime... so i would try to order tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest... since they do fix their mistakes very quickly

Does the card have an expiration date on it? For instance, can I buy this thing now and not use it for a few months or do I have to activate my account with Gamefly by a certain date? Anyone know?

I always just cancelled my account the day before my current subscription ends and then i've always used the same credit card, name and address for the new account I open like a day later. The only thing I change is my email address on the account.

You don't need to worry about making seperate orders since all you are buying is a sealed dvd case with the Gamefly code inside. The code itself isn't linked to an address and when you actually go to use it you go through bestbuy.com/gf .

I'm on round 4 of doing this right now and have had no problems other than slow service and them losing a game on my last account.

[quote name='Xtreme331']Does the card have an expiration date on it? For instance, can I buy this thing now and not use it for a few months or do I have to activate my account with Gamefly by a certain date? Anyone know?[/quote]

I just checked the case and insert and there is no expiration dates listed anywhere. The only catch to it is the whole "OFFER GOOD FOR NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY" thing.

So I can do instore pick up and use the coupon to get the $10 GC?
If not, this is still a great offer since I always wanted to try this service.
On average, how long does it take to get a game to you?

[quote name='$hady']I just checked the case and insert and there is no expiration dates listed anywhere. The only catch to it is the whole "OFFER GOOD FOR NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY" thing.[/QUOTE]

...which you seem to have found a way around what with the canceling and switching of the emails and whatnot. Great thanks man. I'll probably pick a few up later tonight. Always wanted to try out Gamefly.

[quote name='$hady']I just checked the case and insert and there is no expiration dates listed anywhere. The only catch to it is the whole "OFFER GOOD FOR NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY" thing.[/QUOTE]

i figure if they dont let me use the same address. i just rent a po box for 3 months.... then hook up a free month of blockbuster

so i get 2 months of gamefly
+
1 month of blockbuster

the free month of blockbuster with the coupons almost would pay for the 15 bucks PO box rental : )

oh yea... where's the info on the gift card? I didn't see it on the website. do you recieve it when you pick up the gamefly code from the store, or is this a separate special BB has going on right now?

They might eventually catch so you never know when the end will come. You could always sell the extras and get your $ back though if you do buy several. That's why I always at least spaced out the cancelling and restarting a day or so. At least don't make it so obvious for them.

For the guy that asked they only have one shipping center and it's in California. I live near Cincy Ohio and it's usually around 10-13 days from when I drop a game off at the post office to the next on being in my mailbox.....

Xtreme -> $10 gift card mentioned in this thread, you need a seperate coupon to get it... http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89757

[quote name='$hady']They might eventually catch so you never know when the end will come. You could always sell the extras and get your $ back though if you do buy several. That's why I always at least spaced out the cancelling and restarting a day or so. At least don't make it so obvious for them.

For the guy that asked they only have one shipping center and it's in California. I live near Cincy Ohio and it's usually around 10-13 days from when I drop a game off at the post office to the next on being in my mailbox.....

Xtreme -> $10 gift card mentioned in this thread, you need a seperate coupon to get it... http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89757[/QUOTE]

ouch 10-13 days.... my turn around in indy was 3 - 5 days

I mailed back The Outfit monday and it still shows as me having it rented out.... I assume it'll show as received on monday and then my game will be on it's way tuesday for me to receive on friday. That's about normal, none of my post offices around here use that quick return scan software......

[quote name='Togepy']The price in store is still $22.[/QUOTE]

yes its ONLINE ONLY... but you can do in store pick ups

If you want one i would order tonight Cause i expect this price mistake to be fixxed by tomorrow

HEY GUYS THANKS FOR THE INFO... JUST GOT BACK FROM bEST BUY... I USED THE LINK ONLINE FOR GAEMFLY THAT WAS 11.95... THEY PRICEMATCHED IT AND THEY ALSO GAVE ME A 10 GIDT CARD.... SO I GOT 2 MONTHS FOR 2 BUX WUT A STEAL!!!!!

I just got in on this deal. That's a really good price, I think i've overdone it though with my budget this week with this and Oblivion.

[quote name='mvp828']Do i have to have a credit card or will a best buy gift card work?[/QUOTE]

you need a credit card to open up a gamefly account

does anyone have the 10 off code or does anyone know if i can use it online right now then go and pick it up at the store? or do i have to go to store get coupon come home and order then go back to the store to pick it up.

[quote name='mvp828']does anyone have the 10 off code or does anyone know if i can use it online right now then go and pick it up at the store? or do i have to go to store get coupon come home and order then go back to the store to pick it up.[/QUOTE]

There isn't a code on the coupon. That's why you have to use the coupon in-store.

i live in california and my turn around with them was still close to 10 days i cancled not worththe hassel i was lucky if i could get 4 games a month w/ playing them for maybe 3 days and sending back.

I'm to lazy to go to the store and try to get the gift card so I just did the online order thing. $12.67 shipped, thanks Slidecage you kept me alive for another 2 months at a dirt cheap price. :lol:

[quote name='$hady']I'm to lazy to go to the store and try to get the gift card so I just did the online order thing. $12.67 shipped, thanks Slidecage you kept me alive for another 2 months at a dirt cheap price. :lol:[/QUOTE]

im going to try to open up account Tomorrow hopefully i can use the same address of the old account i cancelled on Feb 16.....

i was waiting for the pokemon Ds game to come back in stock... figures it was short wait all day now it shows NOW>..... no reason to open an account today cause i know there is no way the games would ship today and it would be a waste of day

so this $10 giftcard you get, do you need a particular coupon or is it a deal for the week? I was at BB today and i didnt see any sign of this $10 giftcard promo in the weekly ad or the that new coupon book.

[quote name='SnakeEater']so this $10 giftcard you get, do you need a particular coupon or is it a deal for the week? I was at BB today and i didnt see any sign of this $10 giftcard promo in the weekly ad or the that new coupon book.[/quote]

u need the coupon inside the coupon books, that coupons gives u a 10 bux gift card

went back out to Best buy today and BLEW a freaking tire... the freaking tire just went out without warrning

now back to the story

I was told the Coupon books will only be giving to people who take the GAME PRO mag

[quote name='slidecage']went back out to Best buy today and BLEW a freaking tire... the freaking tire just went out without warrning

now back to the story

I was told the Coupon books will only be giving to people who take the GAME PRO mag[/quote]

what's a gamepro mag? is it a single issue or subscription?

i went today. no coupon book. they usually have them in the aisles. anybody have a scan or pic of the book, so i'll know what they look like? or maybe just scan the coupon.

[quote name='gaelan']what's a gamepro mag? is it a single issue or subscription?

i went today. no coupon book. they usually have them in the aisles. anybody have a scan or pic of the book, so i'll know what they look like? or maybe just scan the coupon.[/QUOTE]

its the subscription for 20 bucks.... they said that is the only people they have handing these coupon books out tooo.. if the Release date of the PSP has been pushed up to tomorrow.. i will ask again

are there three different coupon books they are currently handing out?
I got the gamepro mag with the reward zone membership and there were a few coupons in there. I picked up this XBOX 360 promo booklet with a bunch of $5 off coupons for certain 360 games. Is there one that im missing? which would explain why i cant find that $10 giftcard coupon.

got the 10 off to work, but couldnt get both the coupon and 10 dollar off to work, i can scan the coupon if u monkeys want it, but id say just take the 10 dollar off cuz unless u get a rock ur not gonna be able to stack both

got the 10 off to work, but couldnt get both the coupon and 10 dollar off to work, i can scan the coupon if u monkeys want it, but id say just take the 10 dollar off cuz unless u get a rock ur not gonna be able to stack both

wut r u talking about... i brought the 11.95 sheet in and the matched it and they gave me the gift card.. no questions asked

[quote name='mvick288']wut r u talking about... i brought the 11.95 sheet in and the matched it and they gave me the gift card.. no questions asked[/quote]

that's definitely YMMV

i got shut down today too, they said it's either GC or PM

Today I went to a Best Buy here in G.R, MI and they priced match it instore for 11.95+tax and gave me the 10 gift card. Not to bad two months for 2.67.

[quote name='mvp828']Today I went to a Best Buy here in G.R, MI and they priced match it instore for 11.95+tax and gave me the 10 gift card. Not to bad two months for 2.67.[/QUOTE]

im going to try to grab a 4th one tomorrow for 2 bucks..

so far picked up 3 for 11.95 each... store never has the coupon book

something might be up though... i opened the account early this morning and the games still havent shipped or even moved to shipping... its almost 2pm out there and usually the games go out around noon

can u get one for me ? i will pay :O

[quote name='slidecage']im going to try to grab a 4th one tomorrow for 2 bucks..

something might be up though... i opened the account early this morning and the games still havent shipped or even moved to shipping... its almost 2pm out there and usually the games go out around noon[/quote]

When the store PM'ed it to $11.95, did the register rang up the free $10 GC automatically or we would have to present some kind of coupon for the free GC?

to get the PM in-store, you usually have to bring in some sort of proof that it is $11.95 online. My suggestion would be to just print out the product page and show it to them at the register.

[quote name='brianffrpg']to get the PM in-store, you usually have to bring in some sort of proof that it is $11.95 online. My suggestion would be to just print out the product page and show it to them at the register.[/QUOTE]

why wouldnt the recept they print out be proof enough it says

gamefly 11.95 on my recept

[quote name='slidecage']im going to try to grab a 4th one tomorrow for 2 bucks..

something might be up though... i opened the account early this morning and the games still havent shipped or even moved to shipping... its almost 2pm out there and usually the games go out around noon[/quote]
Nothing is up except for Gameflys lousy service. I've had it take 2 days for the 1st game to ship when I opened a new account. I used to worry now just expect shitty service.... :lol:

[quote name='$hady']Nothing is up except for Gameflys lousy service. I've had it take 2 days for the 1st game to ship when I opened a new account. I used to worry now just expect shitty service.... :lol:[/QUOTE]

Crap if i knew that i would of opened up the account Monday... i was hoping to get the games by Saturday (takes 3 days to get here)

So they had to ship Today or tomorrow for any chance for the games to get here by this weekend....

i wrote to them and ask

why my games didnt ship

answer was some total BS

it takes up to 48 hours to access a new account and other bull crap ... your first game will ship out by Friday even though my billing cycle stays on the 4th... they screw you out of 3 days right off the back

LOL got to wonder why noone is staying with them

if the games dont ship out by tomorrow im going to call them Thursday and demand i get 2 days added to my account since i lost 2 days with them dicking around before the sent me my games

okay i dont know how you guys get pricematches for bb online, the girl at customer service said they dont pricematch bb online, what the heck is this YMMV or do i have to do it at the register?

bread's done
Back