Best Buy $9.99 PC game clearance through Aug 1 only!

tkINGnewbie

CAG Veteran
Hey everyone!

Just found out there is a sale going on at Best Buy on games they want to get rid of...prices are good through Saturday night!!!

The following is a list of games that are $9.99. No matter what store you go to, these are corporate driven mark downs. As a disclaimer, these are gone when gone. Some stores won't have them but if they do, the price will be $9.99. There are some weird version on some of these so make sure the sku(7 digit number on the tag on the box) is correct.

These will not be on bestbuy.com as they are clearance. However I have requested that next time they leave them up on bestbuy.com so you can try and see if your store has them first. Any suggesstions you have on better ways to conduct these sales let me know and I will send them to people I know in high places:D Sorry I got this out so close to the end of the sale but I finally got a full list. Next time they will send me the list earlier.

Put some of the ones that caught my eye in bold.
BTW, the following list is for PC games only. None of the console versions of these games are on sale
Also, recommend you call first as some of these like COD 4 are OLD versions not the new gold/special ed version.
Tell the employee to, "check RSS and that you have the SKU." The SKU is the 7 digit number to the left of the game. There are a lot of different versions of the games but this will ensure #1 they check the correct price and #2 they can tell you if it is in stock.

8924569 1701: GOLD EDITION
9080255 AGATHA CHRISTIE: DEATH ON THE NILE
ALONE IN THE DARK
8999097 ARE YOU SMARTHER THAN A 5TH GRADER: MAKE
9078703 AZADA 2
8832347 BACKYARD BASEBALL PC
8987144 BACKYARD FOOTBALL 2009
9089032 BELLA SARA
8919076 BIG CITY ADVENTURE: SYDNEY PC
9056059 BRAIN TRAINING FOR DUMMIES
BROTHERS IN ARMS: HELL'S HIGHWAY
BULLY: SCHOLARSHIP EDITION
CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE - PC
9071336 CAN YOU SEE WHAT I SEE?
8869343 CHOCOLATIER 2: SECRET INGREDIENTS
COMMAND & CONQUER 3: KANE'S WRATH
COMMAND & CONQUER RED ALERT 3: PREMIER
CRYSIS COLLECTION EDITION
9114077 CSI: NEW YORK PC/MAC
8856749 Deadliest Catch: Alaskan Storm PC
9078883 DEER HUNTER TOURNAMENT
8928583 DEVIL MAY CRY 4
9078053 DRACULA III
8999293 DREAM DAY WEDDING: MARRIED IN MANHATTAN
8266538 Elder Scrolls Iv: The Shivering Isles
8942246 Elementary School Success Deluxe 2009
Enemy Territory Quake Wars
ENEMY TERRITORY: QUAKE WARS COLLECTO
8601435 EVERQUEST II: RISE OF KUNARK
8601426 EVERQUEST: SECRETS OF FAYDWER
9112346 EXODUS FROM THE EARTH PC
FALLOUT 3 COLLECTOR'S EDITION
9054836 FIFA SOCCER 09
9007406 GAME OF LIFE: SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS EDI
8999211 GO GO GOURMET 2: CHEF OF THE YEAR PC
8919067 GO GO GOURMET PC
8891602 GRID
Guild Wars
GUILD WARS PLATINUM
Guitar Hero 3 Pc
9039569 HARDY BOYS: HIDDEN THEFT
8999195 HELL'S KITCHEN
9077571 Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace
8942228 High School Success Deluxe 2009
9122488 HIRED GUNS: JAGGED EDGE
9077508 HISTORY CHANNEL: CIVIL WAR: SECRET MISSI
8832301 HISTORY CHANNEL: MONSTER QUEST
8775621 IMPERIUM ROMANUM
8897492 INCREDIBLE HULK
8848269 IRON MAN
7825302 Jumpstart Advanced Third Grade V2.0
8593872 KANE & LYNCH
8760405 KUNG FU PANDA
8967399 LEGENDARY PC
LEGO INDIANA JONES: THE ORIGINAL ADV
8800988 LINEAGE II: 4TH ANNIVERSARY
9101982 LITTLEST PET SHOP
LORD OF THE RINGS CONQUEST
LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE: MOM CE
LORD OF THE RINGS: MINES OF MORIA
9063416 LOST SECRETS: BERMUDA TRIANGLE PC
Lotr: Shadows Of Angmar Pc-Dvd
LOTRO MINES OF MORIA TIME CARD
8593827 MAC-BATTLEFIELD 2142
8241404 Maelstrom: The Battle For Earth Begins
Medieval Ii Total War
8942237 Middle School Success Deluxe 2009
9206511 MLB FRONT OFFICE MANAGER PC
8369865 MONSTER MADNESS: BATTLE FOR SUBURBIA PC
9009752 NANCY DREW ULTIMATE BUNDLE
8553273 NANCY DREW: THE LEGEND OF THE CRYSTAL S
9092536 NEED FOR SPEED UNDERCOVER
9088444 NHL 09
8918987 PAWS & CLAWS: AUSTRALIAN ADVENTURES PC
9171745 PAWS & CLAWS: PAMPERED PETS PC
8957523 PC-BEIJING OLYMPICS 2008
9131209 PETZ HORSEZ CLUB PC
8601578 POWER RANGERS SUPER LEGENDS: 15TH AN
9076377 PUZZLE ADVENTURE COLLECTION
RAINBOW SIX VEGAS 2
9101704 RANCH RUSH
9111169 Real Arcade: Cate West Vanishing Files
9111114 Real Arcade: Sally'S Salon
8365191 Shadowrun Pc
8970955 SHATTERED SUNS
8988474 SPACE SIEGE PC
9122399 SPACE TRADER: MERCHANT MARINE PC
8841131 SUPREME COMMANDER GOLD EDITION
8322567 TC GHOST RECON ADV WARFIGHTER 2 PC
8999159 THE PRICE IS RIGHT
8698812 THE SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES
8310311 TIME CARD LOTR: SHADOWS OF ANGMAR
TOMB RAIDER: UNDERWORLD
TUROK
8623215 VIVA PINATA PC
8878896 WALL-E
9101679 WORLD OF GOO
WOW: WRATH OF THE LICH KING CE
6885748 Zoo Tycoon 2
9124495 ZOO TYCOON 2 ULTIMATE PC

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time I go to my local best buy down the street the pc game section is emptier and emptier with what appears to be no new games.

I'm wondering if they are just phasing out PC games except for those casual game discs now.

Just to clarify, the Crysis Collection is the "Maximum Edition" yes?

I wish the BB site listed the FO3 CE for PC, so I could do a local check :/

There shouldn't be a problem purchasing these now and getting the difference back when the sale price hits!?

[quote name='Futbollar']whats the difference between the 2 cod 4s?[/QUOTE]

nothing, the Game of the Year edition claims it comes with the dlc for free, but the dlc is free for everyone one, even people who purchased the original via a official update to the game.

Went one of my local BB after work, wasn't expecting to see anything, didn't see anything.

I've been waiting forever for CoD4 (PC) to hit sub-$20, oh well

Aw, crud. How'd I miss this thread earlier today? I was buy two and could've hit a third Beast Buy today. Drat. I got Tomb Ho Underworld a few weeks back when this was all piecemeal. Will have to try a couple t'row. Only a few things I want, so I'm unlikely to get anything.

[quote name='shivaedge']Went one of my local BB after work, wasn't expecting to see anything, didn't see anything.

I've been waiting forever for CoD4 (PC) to hit sub-$20, oh well[/QUOTE]
You and me both, brother

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Just to clarify, the Crysis Collection is the "Maximum Edition" yes?

[/QUOTE]

Anyone? :)

Sorry, just want to know

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Just to clarify, the Crysis Collection is the "Maximum Edition" yes?[/QUOTE]

I'd say no.
8571832 CRYSIS COLLECTION EDITION
Crysis: Maximum Edition 9322672

Who knew there were so many freaking Crysis SKUs?

It would be odd for the maximum edition to be only $10 since it recently came out in May, but who knows. It may be Collectors not Collection, because I've never heard of any collection edition.

[quote name='J7.']It would be odd for the maximum edition to be only $10 since it recently came out in May, but who knows. It may be Collectors not Collection, because I've never heard of any collection edition.[/QUOTE]

The very basis for my question. So it's either:

A) OP misread the list and labeled it as "COLLECTION" rather than "COLLECTOR"

B) That this may include the Maximum edition...

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']The very basis for my question. So it's either:

A) OP misread the list and labeled it as "COLLECTION" rather than "COLLECTOR"

B) That this may include the Maximum edition...[/QUOTE]

Collection, Collector... irrelevant. The SKU the OP listed identifies it as the Special Edition, i.e., Crysis with bonus DVD, CD, art book.

The Maximum Edition is a completely different SKU that includes Crysis, Crysis Warhead, and Crysis Wars.

Unless the OP got the SKU number wrong, the SKU included in this "sale" is the Special Edition. Maybe the Maximum Edition will ring up $9.99 for you, but it's not in OP's list - and it's still on BB.com (at $39.99) while OP says the SKUs on his list/in this sale are no longer on the website.

I went to BB earlier and they had a few of these titles. But upon check out they came up as normal price. I mentioned the RSS and said I have sku but they said the price is what it is. Should I have gone about this a different way so I know for next time??

Dunno if it's part of the sale or not, but I remeber seeing Battlefield 1942 and all it's expansions for $9.99 a couple weeks ago. I figure it was just a normal price considering the game's age

I'm thinking about checking this out tomorrow and seeing about getting Fallout 3, Crysis or Quake Wars if they have them. For the ones that were able to get them for the 9.99 price was the price posted or did you have to ask about it.

Also for Fallout 3 all the DLC that has come to the 360 for it is it also on the PC for it as well? If not will it be coming out on the PC for it?

[quote name='darkwood78']I went to BB earlier and they had a few of these titles. But upon check out they came up as normal price. I mentioned the RSS and said I have sku but they said the price is what it is. Should I have gone about this a different way so I know for next time??[/QUOTE]

Hey Darkwood,

It sounds like the titles you grabbed were different titles. The reason they have these sales is usually there is a new edition of the game. For example there are like 3 or 4 versions of COD 4. The original, gold, and possibly 2 others. As the patches and DLC come out they usually package it with the game.

The problem as a retailer is how do you sell COD 4 without the new content when everyone wants the new version. As a result the original games just sit on the shelves for ever and take up space/capital. Most of the games on this list are the original versions of the game that came out within 3-4 months of the release.

My suggestion is that you call your store and ask them to check the SKU's you want in RSS. The skus in the main list are the titles on sale. Anything other than those(even if all that is different is the box art) won't be on sale as they won't be clearance.

I hope to get the next list out WAY earlier as this sale was going on all month but I never found a list till I had one sent to me a few days ago.

[quote name='hobbie8046']Not this again...

Look, if you don't like CoD4 you simply don't like the genre.
[/QUOTE]

So if someone doesn't like cod4 they don't like FPS's? LoL.

Anyways. Id go check out the one near my house but i doubt they have anything.

[quote name='tkINGnewbie']Hey Darkwood,

It sounds like the titles you grabbed were different titles. The reason they have these sales is usually there is a new edition of the game. For example there are like 3 or 4 versions of COD 4. The original, gold, and possibly 2 others. As the patches and DLC come out they usually package it with the game.

The problem as a retailer is how do you sell COD 4 without the new content when everyone wants the new version. As a result the original games just sit on the shelves for ever and take up space/capital. Most of the games on this list are the original versions of the game that came out within 3-4 months of the release.

My suggestion is that you call your store and ask them to check the SKU's you want in RSS. The skus in the main list are the titles on sale. Anything other than those(even if all that is different is the box art) won't be on sale as they won't be clearance.

I hope to get the next list out WAY earlier as this sale was going on all month but I never found a list till I had one sent to me a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

Wait, so only the copies with that exact SKU number are discounted? So if I bring a list of SKU numbers and find one that is on the list, it's priced as $10 in the system right?

If any of you want enemy territory: quake wars. It's 5.99 at Amazon.

Also, if someone finds battlefield 2142 for Mac while making a run and gets it, let me know.

[quote name='as50193']Wait, so only the copies with that exact SKU number are discounted? So if I bring a list of SKU numbers and find one that is on the list, it's priced as $10 in the system right?[/QUOTE]

these kind of questions need to stop.... seriously.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']If any of you want enemy territory: quake wars. It's 5.99 at Amazon.

.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, it's not even a steal at that price...unfortunately.

I don't even know what the community looks like anymore.

If anyone finds an extra Fallout 3 CE or WOW:LK CE lying around, want to help a fellow CAG out? :D

EDIT: Just checked out local stores, didn't have anything I was looking for, but had:
Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway
Turok
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
LotR Time Card (and one of the games, don't remember which one)
Lego Indiana Jones
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Alone in the Dark

Checked out Best Buy and they Call of Duty 4 and Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway, but not for those prices (had a person check the SKU and rang it up at the cash register).

I found a copy of Bully at Allen Park, MI and had the nice clerk check the area for COD4 and FO3 CE with no success. They had another Bully and Alone in the Dark that I noticed. I didn't check for anything else.

EDIT: Just looked at some reviews bagging on the lousy porting. Well, back it goes.

Had some luck at the Southaven, MS location. All of the 9.99 titles they had were called out by shelf-signs, so it didn't require any digging around.

Picked up Red Alert 3 Premier Edition, passed on Turok. Thanks OP!

Out of the 6 games I was interested in, I could only find Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath at the Culver City BestBuy (got the last one). They had a few Turoks left but I wasn't interested in that.

The BB in Santana Row has the following for $9.99:
Supreme Commander gold edition
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Tomb Raider: Underworld
C&C: Kane's Wrath
Turok
Agatha Christie and/or Nancy Drew
and possibly others

If you had to pick one, what would you get? :)

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']The BB in Santana Row has the following for $9.99:
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Turok
and possibly others

If you had to pick one, what would you get? :)[/QUOTE]

Supreme Commander!

Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Turok
and possibly others

From this list, yeah I second the notion: Supreme Commander, FTW!

[quote name='lolwut?']Checked a Best Buy today and they only had GOTY CoD4 and a couple different versions of Crysis that weren't on sale.[/QUOTE]

Same here at BB in Manhattan NYC.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Turok
and possibly others

Are you kidding me....AGATHA CHRISTIE AND NANCY DREW

what I would give to be the meat in that sandwich ;)

[quote name='beaus27']From this list, yeah I second the notion: Supreme Commander, FTW![/QUOTE]

Already picked up Supreme Commander for the 360 for $10 at the earlier BB sale.

Is it worth another $10 to pick up the PC version?

secaucus, NJ bestbuy had nothing. they use to have dozens of wow:wolk ce and now nothing. everything on the list was gone =(

[quote name='hordak']Picked up
BIA: Hell's Highway
NFS: Undercover
Rayman Raving Rabbids ($5!!!)[/QUOTE]

Hell's Highway is $5 at Five Below if you have any nearby. Rayman has a BAD Securom bug that can cause it to refuse to play the disc. It happened with the one I bought for my niece & nephew. We played it a few times and it crapped. Last I checked, there was no solution for it. Even a cracked exe didnt work.

I called the Tysons Corner VA store and had them check some SKUs, and while there was nothing there, there are apparently some copies of Crysis Collection and WOW: Lich King at the Washington DC store, if anyone is interested.

Damn, no luck. I was looking for a cheap copy of call of duty 4 and my local best buy didn't have any at all.

If anyone has an extra copy of cod4 or can get me a copy i'll pay $15 shipped. Pm me

bread's done
Back