Best Buy Ad 10/13-10/19

Twitter

Banned
$25 trade in bonus when you trade in 5 or more select games (doesn't specify which games, but I assume they say "select games" so people don't come in with really old games)

Halo 4 = $9.99

Diablo 3 = $49.99

XBOX 360 250 GB bundle with Halo 4 game and Tomb Raider download voucher = $249.99 ($50 savings)

XBOX 360 E 4GB Console = $179.99 ($20 savings)

Anyone have that list from the GS 2 for $10 sale that has $5 base at BBY? I tried doing it manually but it's taking forever on my phone and I can't find it in the GS thread.
oh wow. if this exists, someone please post it or pm it to me. and dragunz, please pm it to me if anyone sends it to you and i'll do the same.

Pardon my complete ignorance on the Halo universe, here goes my stupid question:

I will only play split screen co-op with the Mrs. through the campaign, I vaguely recall there are "Spartan Ops" episodic campaign DLCs which can also be played in split screen. Those will be included in the GoTY right? TIA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pardon my complete ignorance on the Halo universe, here goes my stupid question:
I will only play split screen co-op with the Mrs. through the campaign, I vaguely recall there are "Spartan Ops" episodic campaign DLCs which can also be played in split screen. Those will be included in the GoTY right? TIA.
. The GOTY adds only multiplayer items (map packs, armor, weapon skins) themes & avatar items.

The first season of Spartan Ops will be in both games. The regular version and the GOTY.
And Spartan Ops will actually take you longer to finish than the Campaign.

. The GOTY adds only multiplayer items (map packs, armor, weapon skins) themes & avatar items.
The first season of Spartan Ops will be in both games. The regular version and the GOTY.
And Spartan Ops will actually take you longer to finish than the Campaign.
Appreciate it, it's vanilla for me then.

so, did anyone trade in a bunch of games and confirm the bonus is those with $5 or  more, and does this stack? I have like 50 games I can trade in and like 15 have a trade in value of $5 or more.

also

is it $5 or more, or it has to be more than $5 because the last thing I want to do is go in there with like 50 games and not get what I expect >.>.

so, did anyone trade in a bunch of games and confirm the bonus is those with $5 or more, and does this stack? I have like 50 games I can trade in and like 15 have a trade in value of $5 or more.

also

is it $5 or more, or it has to be more than $5 because the last thing I want to do is go in there with like 50 games and not get what I expect >.>.
I traded in 5 games today and got the bonus, and 2 of the games were right at $5 trade value, so they don't have to be more than $5.

Just did 2 separate trades 5 games each all games above 5 dollars, they only gave me the bonus on 1 trade and couldn't tell me why. Ill be asking on the game forums for an answer.

I traded 5 games this morning... ranging from $5-$10 in value... I received the $25 bonus.

I am hoping to go back tomorrow and trade 5 more but due to another reply found in this thread, I am concerned I will not be eligible for another bonus. Hope this is clarified before the deal runs out.

I've bought every Halo game, all the maps, the re-releases, everything. I had the "Halo 4" Limited Edition on Day 1. The multi is pretty bad, but the campaign is unbelievably terrible. Some of my best friends work/worked for 343, and every single one of us feels the same way. There's a million better things to put $10 toward. Heck, "Halo 3" will be free in a few days. Avoid, avoid, avoid.
Completely agree on this one. Halo 3 was great, Halo Reach was stellar, and ODST blew the doors off of all of them, but Halo 4's campaign felt like a game-long "Library" stage. Just dull, dull, dull all the way around.

Couldn't disagree more.
While I couldn't get into the multiplayer, I found nothing at all wrong with the Campaign. Plus you will enjoy probably the best graphics in any game on the 360, and sound effects that are outstanding. Not only that, but the addition of Spartan Ops adds basically a second entire Campaign. Not to mention Forge, and the Multiplayer is there for anyone who might like it.
So yeah, $10 for what you get is a pretty nice deal.
Agree 1000%. I loved Halo 4. I personally felt it was the best story yet for the game. 343 did an absolutely brilliant job picking up where Bungie left off, which is not an easy task for any gaming studio. At 10 bucks, its one of the best deals of the year by FAR!! Everyone is entitled to their own subjective opinions. That being said, Gamerankings is always a great way of quickly looking at a games overall quality, at least how its viewed across the entire market, as taking all of the reviews and averaging them all out is without question, the single best method of trying to give a game an objective numerical score based on quality. Halo 4 currently sits at 87.61%. A game that was truly awful would never achieve that level of score, especially with the sheer number of reviews that were created for Halo 4. The more reviews, the more credible the score and Halo 4 has over 60 reviews on Gamerankings. Achieving a score of that magnitude, averaged out over 60+ reviews.....well, it pretty much speaks for itself.

Halo 5 comin round the corner!!! Cant wait!!

Just went to Best Buy and they would NOT except the $25 + bonus with 5 games.

I don't blame them. Says nothing on their website or weekly paper ad. BS.

Went back today and tried trading the same 5 games that failed to trigger the bonus yesterday. No luck UNTIL I added one of the backup 360 games I brought just in case. I guess one of the games I tried to trade wasn't eligible, likely either Halo 4 or Bowser's Inside Story. Could have been Mario Galaxy, I suppose, but it seems like Wii games would count. My guess is DS games are a bust.

I finally got my order to go through using a $5 reward certificate. I had to use internet explorer because when using google chromes browser the order would say there was a problem processing. I tried about 5 times before eating lunch and came back and tried using IE and it took the $5 off and worked. I was going to order halo 4 but while it was in the cart and while I was trying to get the order to submit it changed from shipping to store pickup only so I got 3 preowned games for a bit less than $25 including blazblue continum shift extended, lollipop chainsaw, and yakuza 4. All of those games are bringing more than that everywhere else I checked including ebay.

I think I read earlier that this doesn't work with DS games somewhere but what about the PS Vita games? Can I trade those???

Just did 2 separate trades 5 games each all games above 5 dollars, they only gave me the bonus on 1 trade and couldn't tell me why. Ill be asking on the game forums for an answer.
I did the same thing! Same thing happened! They said it might be because they could only do the bonus once a day. I have a feeling it was because one of my games was Halo 4 and if they give a 5 dollar bonus to a game that trades in for 6, I could theoretically trade it in for 11 total and get a 10 dollar game new and sealed and have 1 dollar profit. Or maybe it really is a once per day kind of deal. I'll try again tomorrow to find out.....

I'm hoping Best Buy comes thru with my PS4 pre-order. If they don't then I might just wait until next year or 2015 to get a PS4. Its already a hard sell since its $400 and doesn't have any major exclusives that I'm interested in yet.

I could simply replace my 360 for the long haul into 2015/2016 with this Halo 4/TR bundle and give the old one to my GF. I'm willing to bet this Halo/TR bundle will be $199 on Black Friday

I think I read earlier that this doesn't work with DS games somewhere but what about the PS Vita games? Can I trade those???
I read that too, but don't remember where. It would be nice to have the official info somewhere. "Learn more" leads to the regular trade in page. Last time I called my local store about one of these, they told me their trade in page was a scam site created by someone else ("Three regional managers confirmed it."). Derrrrrp...

A game that was truly awful would never achieve that level of score
http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?search=madden&numrev=3&site=

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?search=call+of+duty&numrev=3&site=

Sorry, couldn't help myself

I read that too, but don't remember where. It would be nice to have the official info somewhere. "Learn more" leads to the regular trade in page. Last time I called my local store about one of these, they told me their trade in page was a scam site created by someone else ("Three regional managers confirmed it."). Derrrrrp...

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?search=madden&numrev=3&site=

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?search=call+of+duty&numrev=3&site=

Sorry, couldn't help myself
Have really no clue what you think that proves, lol. You hate Halo 4, I think everyone gets that. No offense, but I couldn't possibly care less. Every game that has ever been released and every game that will ever be released will have its share of detractors, or people that dislike it. Halo 4 is no different. So the fact that you hate Halo 4 doesn't come as a surprise. Running into such opinions is to be 100% expected. That being said, people can either choose to listen to individual opinions, which are as subjective as subjective gets, or they can go to sites like Gamerankings or Metacritic, which try and give an objective score to a games overall quality by again, averaging all of the reviews together. The smart decision is pretty obvious and nothing you can ever say about Halo 4 will ever change its score on those sites.

I traded in 10 games on Sunday. I had to do two sepetate transactions to get the $25 bonus twice. When it first rang up with all 10 games there was only the $25 bonus. The add says 5 OR MORE. So do your trade ins 5 games at a time.

So there is no list of what games are eligible and people are just hoping for the best?
Still curious about this myself. I have the flu and don't want to drive anywhere without knowing it'll be productive.

Have really no clue
I know. As I said, I've already given my opinion on the game. You've given yours. If you want me to discuss how your opinion, or anyone else's, is more objective/less subjective than mine (especially when reviewers' pay comes from the companies that make the games they review), you're out of luck.

I traded in some games today - Dead Island Riptide, Kingdoms of Amalur, Fist of the North Star 2, Inversion, The Amazing Spiderman. I had a 6th game but I decided to hold onto it and try trading in some more games on Thursday. As someone mentioned earlier, games over $5 trade in valve on the Best Buy site will qualify. 

I traded in 10 games on Sunday. I had to do two separate transactions to get the $25 bonus twice. When it first rang up with all 10 games there was only the $25 bonus. The add says 5 OR MORE. So do your trade ins 5 games at a time.
Thank you, friend. I did the same thing, right now. 10 games, 2 trade-in and $25 bonus each transaction. plus 10% GCU.

Xbox One, almost there!

[]'s

mclarry

As a shooter fan who's even played the likes of the great Bulletstorm and Singularity, Halo 4 is an exceptional shooter. Best multiplayer in the series yet.

They let me trade in 2 of the same copies, but it was on separate transactions, so no idea if the system would have blocked it.

Hopefully I don't get banned from trading in 4 copies of Dead Island Riptide PS3 in 2 weeks.

bread's done
Back