Best Buy ad 10/16-10/22

chatgirl4

Banned
New Releases coming out Tuesday, October 18, 2011:

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides:

Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes Standard DVD) - $22.99

Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack (includes Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, Standard DVD and Digital Copy) - $26.99 ($21.99 after coupon) *Best Buy exclusive includes bonus Blu-ray disc with behind-the-scenes and more*

Pirates of the Caribbean Four-Movie Collection - $89.99 ($84.99 after coupon)

Use $5 off Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack or Pirates of the Caribbean Four-Movie Collection coupon to save more!

Save $5 off select Pirates of the Caribbean Blu-ray movie or game titles when you purchase any version of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. (Choose from Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End or LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game.)

Bad Teacher:
DVD - $16.99
Blu-ray - $19.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes Standard DVD) - $24.99
Use $5 Upgrade & Save Promotion coupon (see below for more details) to get the Blu-ray for $14.99.

Monte Carlo:
DVD - $17.99 ($15.99 after coupon)
Blu-ray (includes Digital Copy) - $22.99 ($20.99 after coupon)
Use $2 off Monte Carlo DVD or Blu-ray coupon to save more!

Batman: Year One:
DVD - $14.99
2-Disc Special Edition DVD - $19.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes Standard DVD and Digital Copy) - $22.99 *Best Buy exclusive includes Catwoman figurine*

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Complete Third Season:
DVD - $29.99
Blu-ray - $39.99

V: The Complete Second Season:
DVD - $31.99
Blu-ray - $39.99

The Crow:
Blu-ray - $16.99

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory: 40th Anniversary Blu-ray + DVD Ultimate Collector's Edition - $54.99

The Original 7ven: Condensate:
CD + DVD - $9.99
Best Buy exclusive contains a never-before-seen 87-minute DVD documentary, chronicling the true history of the band told by all The Time members themselves.

Available Now:

Green Lantern:

DVD - $14.99
Blu-ray - $19.99
Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes Standard DVD and Digital Copy) - $22.99
Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack (includes Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, Standard DVD and Digital Copy) - $29.99

Hanna:
Blu-ray (includes Digital Copy) - $17.99

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown:
DVD - $9.99
Blu-ray - $14.99

Credit to AlexG @ BR.com

So after coupon, the 3D version of Pirates is cheaper than the non-3D version. I think I'll get that and flip my 3D disc to get it even cheaper. I wish the damn coupon would just work with the non-3D version as well to save me the hassle.

[quote name='mrosnwo']So after coupon, the 3D version of Pirates is cheaper than the non-3D version. I think I'll get that and flip my 3D disc to get it even cheaper. I wish the damn coupon would just work with the non-3D version as well to save me the hassle.[/QUOTE]

Where do I get the coupon??

[quote name='shadowkast']Think Amazon will match pirates 3d? Hope so[/QUOTE]They normally do, yes.

It should be an even better deal with Amazon matching Best Buy, since Amazon had that $8 coupon when it was announced for sale, which would knock it down to $18.99 after a BB PM to the $26.99 price.

Exactly, I've got that $8 on my Amazon order[quote name='shrike4242']They normally do, yes.

It should be an even better deal with Amazon matching Best Buy, since Amazon had that $8 coupon when it was announced for sale, which would knock it down to $18.99 after a BB PM to the $26.99 price.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shrike4242']They normally do, yes.

It should be an even better deal with Amazon matching Best Buy, since Amazon had that $8 coupon when it was announced for sale, which would knock it down to $18.99 after a BB PM to the $26.99 price.[/QUOTE]
In practice you have to fight for the difference though, because Amazon likes to jump the gun and ship early. I canceled mine this morning for that reason and I don't need the 3D version anyway. I'll be keeping an eye out for anyone with BD+DVD for $20 before coupon TBH.
[quote name='mrosnwo']So after coupon, the 3D version of Pirates is cheaper than the non-3D version. I think I'll get that and flip my 3D disc to get it even cheaper. I wish the damn coupon would just work with the non-3D version as well to save me the hassle.[/QUOTE]It does. Lion King coupon just worked for me on the BD+DVD version no questions asked.

[quote name='iamsobroke']how can i get that extra $5 off coupon[/QUOTE]

Need to be a member of the Disney Movie Rewards program.

[quote name='Jodou']In practice you have to fight for the difference though, because Amazon likes to jump the gun and ship early. I canceled mine this morning for that reason and I don't need the 3D version anyway. I'll be keeping an eye out for anyone with BD+DVD for $20 before coupon TBH.[/QUOTE]As long as it changes by 11:59PM PT on 10/18, it counts for the pre-order price guarantee.

Amazon has matched the BB and/or Target prices on these big releases without fail, as well as on release date, so I've never had issues getting them to honor the difference.

Having a price watch set up on Camel^3 also works to help get those pre-order price guarantee differences.

For what it's worth, I've heard that the PotC 3D version isn't very good -- the movie is dark already, and the 3D glasses make it too dark. I ended up seeing it in 2D in the theater because of that. I've got the 3D version on pre-order just because I threw in an order when Amazon offered up the coupon, but I haven't decided whether I'm keeping it or not yet. Will depend on how good the offer ends up being when all is said and done (still haven't seen Target's price yet).

anyone have a picture of the catwoman figure?

nvm.........found it. Pretty neat.

Will more then likely pick up Pirates 4 and Batman Year One. :)

Target version of 5 disc POTC 4 includes a mini lego ship

13724372_is

[quote name='arcane93']For what it's worth, I've heard that the PotC 3D version isn't very good -- the movie is dark already, and the 3D glasses make it too dark. I ended up seeing it in 2D in the theater because of that. I've got the 3D version on pre-order just because I threw in an order when Amazon offered up the coupon, but I haven't decided whether I'm keeping it or not yet. Will depend on how good the offer ends up being when all is said and done (still haven't seen Target's price yet).[/QUOTE]

2D review: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-On-Stranger-Tides-Blu-ray/23991/#Review
3D review: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-On-Stranger-Tides-3D-Blu-ray/24212/#Review

Since the 3D disc plays in 2D, you're covered either way.

[quote name='shrike4242']2D review: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-On-Stranger-Tides-Blu-ray/23991/#Review
3D review: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-On-Stranger-Tides-3D-Blu-ray/24212/#Review

Since the 3D disc plays in 2D, you're covered either way.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you mean but Disney 3D discs usually only play in 3D players connected to 3D HDTVs (other studios' 3D discs in general also play in 2D in standard BD-players). If you meant, that the 3D combo set also contains a 2D disc, then you are right.

On a totally unrelated note, is the "The Crow" blu ray supposed to be of decent quality? If it is, I will definitely be picking that up.

Well, this is probably the first time its been on sale since release, and I'm totally excited. Wanted to start a new thread, but figured nah..the deal here is b/c the DVD shows $15 in the ad, well, the BD is the same price on the website!

Here's to hoping its not a price mistake b/c I have no funds to do in-store pickup and won't be able to make it buy until this afternoon..

[quote name='basketb']Not sure what you mean but Disney 3D discs usually only play in 3D players connected to 3D HDTVs (other studios' 3D discs in general also play in 2D in standard BD-players). If you meant, that the 3D combo set also contains a 2D disc, then you are right.[/QUOTE]Sorry, I forgot that Disney does do it differently than other studios and does a separate disc for 2D than just the 3D/2D combo.

What movie are you talking about?

Also Amazon put pirates 3d at 28.99, this making it pretty much the same price as best buy if you have that $8 on your order[quote name='token2k6']Well, this is probably the first time its been on sale since release, and I'm totally excited. Wanted to start a new thread, but figured nah..the deal here is b/c the DVD shows $15 in the ad, well, the BD is the same price on the website!

Here's to hoping its not a price mistake b/c I have no funds to do in-store pickup and won't be able to make it buy until this afternoon..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eastx']Yep! Best version ever PQ-wise and adds an all-new commentary.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5324/thecrow.html[/QUOTE]

From the review "Gone is the light artifacting. Completely removed are the dirt and debris. The sometimes noticeable inconsistency? Vanished! This is the version of 'The Crow' you've been waiting for!".

Hell. Yes. This will be mine this week.

[quote name='shadowkast']What movie are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

Weeds S6 BD, I tried to be all fancy and put it in the title block..lol

but yeah, picked it up yesterday afternoon, price was right in the register if anyones interested. Every where else still above $30 or close to it, heck of a deal for $15!

[quote name='shrike4242']Since the 3D disc plays in 2D, you're covered either way.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you already worked out the 2D/3D thing, I see, but my point really was about whether it's worth dropping the extra cash for the 3D version or not.

Of course I, like a dumbass, totally forgot about it, and they just shipped at $20.99 ($28.99 minus the coupon). I had really only been going to keep it if the final total was under $20. Hrm. Here's hoping they match Best Buy's $26.99 base price while it's still a "pre-order". (Just did a lower price report, for whatever that's worth.)

I still haven't seen the Target price on this, and it looks like no one did a Target thread this week? Anyone know what they're charging? (Never mind, just checked the ad on the Target website -- $29.99. Bah.)

[quote name='Penguin1084']so is the best buy set 6 discs.....?

amazon lists the 3D version at 5 discs already[/QUOTE]Yep. The exclusive disc is included with the other 5

Hrm... Considering returning my Amazon copy and going and picking it up from Best Buy instead, since Amazon dropped the ball on the price match and the BB one includes the extra disc. What does Amazon do with returns on orders shipped with Prime? Will they deduct some amount for the shipping cost, or will they refund the whole order amount? I've never actually returned anything before since I got Prime.

They will deduct shipping(or you can pay it yourself) unless its an error on their part. So unless you lie, you are going to have to cover shipping one way or the other unfortunately.

[quote name='jacknicklson']They will deduct shipping(or you can pay it yourself) unless its an error on their part. So unless you lie, you are going to have to cover shipping one way or the other unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

How much do they deduct for shipping, though? On my invoice, the shipping is "free", so that doesn't give me an indication of what to expect them to deduct.

[quote name='jacknicklson']It tells you when you do the return, typically $3 for games and movies[/QUOTE]

Oh, duh, I get it, it's the cost of the return shipping... I was thinking that they might deduct their cost of shipping it to me in the first place as well, but I guess not?

Meh, probably not worth it regardless.

[quote name='arcane93']Oh, duh, I get it, it's the cost of the return shipping... I was thinking that they might deduct their cost of shipping it to me in the first place as well, but I guess not?

Meh, probably not worth it regardless.[/QUOTE]If you use their pre-paid label, the value of the label is deducted from the return. If you self-fund your return, there isn't anything deducted from the return's value.

However, and I don't know if this is just me or not, they've always refunded my return shipping charges when I ask for them when I ship items back to them as returns.

The easiest thing to do for an item you don't want that has shipped is to refuse delivery on it. It goes back to Amazon at no cost to you and it's considered an automatic return. You just have to be there to refuse delivery on it, as if there's no one there to receive the package, UPS or the USPS will leave it behind without a signature. At that point, you're boned as it's not considered to be refused for delivery.

[quote name='trunks982']is the 5 disc Pirates UPC code same as the best buy's 6 disc UPC?[/QUOTE]

the upc code for the best buy version is 786936817218

[quote name='shrike4242']You just have to be there to refuse delivery on it, as if there's no one there to receive the package, UPS or the USPS will leave it behind without a signature. At that point, you're boned as it's not considered to be refused for delivery.[/QUOTE]

People leave notes for me to refuse all the time with the last 4 digits of the tracking so I know which package it is if there are multiples. You can also take it to a UPS Store and tell them your refusing it, just as long as it hasn't been opened. With USPS, I've taken things to the PO and marked it as refused and they take it back.

[quote name='skiizim']People leave notes for me to refuse all the time with the last 4 digits of the tracking so I know which package it is if there are multiples. You can also take it to a UPS Store and tell them your refusing it, just as long as it hasn't been opened. With USPS, I've taken things to the PO and marked it as refused and they take it back.[/QUOTE]I've tried handing an unopened package to a UPS Store that I needed to refuse delivery on and they politely told me to fuck off. They said that they're not affiliated with UPS and that they couldn't do it. I had to call the UPS phone number and get them to mark a special exception on the package and have it picked up as a refused shipment. Was a real PITA.

Good to know that leaving a note with the last 4 #'s of the tracking # would be a better option on refusing it for delivery, so they make sure to not return back the wrong package.

USPS' acceptance of a delivery package as refused for delivery can be hit-or-miss, depending on the USPS branch. I've had my local PO tell me that it wasn't an issue as well as tell me they couldn't do it, depending on the rep and the day. If the package has return postage included for refused shipments, then it's a non-issue and can be returned without any issue.

[quote name='token2k6']Well, this is probably the first time its been on sale since release, and I'm totally excited. Wanted to start a new thread, but figured nah..the deal here is b/c the DVD shows $15 in the ad, well, the BD is the same price on the website!

Here's to hoping its not a price mistake b/c I have no funds to do in-store pickup and won't be able to make it buy until this afternoon..[/QUOTE]

I picked it up in-store at $14.99 yesterday, was pretty excited to see it was on sale. That doesn't confirm it's not a price mistake but they had a label for it on the shelf at that price... I know there's a fairly strong chance it'll be $9.99ish for Black Friday but I figured it's worth having now at a very good price. (when I also was able to grab a Pirates steelbook, my store had 2 left over and after a bit of convincing the guy let me "pre-order" Pirates and then immediately sell me the movies; at first he wanted to just ring me up and pay the $7.50 for the steelbook and the full price for the movie but thankfully someone else at customer service backed me up to let me do it like a pre-order.)

[quote name='Justin42']I picked it up in-store at $14.99 yesterday, was pretty excited to see it was on sale. That doesn't confirm it's not a price mistake but they had a label for it on the shelf at that price... I know there's a fairly strong chance it'll be $9.99ish for Black Friday but I figured it's worth having now at a very good price. (when I also was able to grab a Pirates steelbook, my store had 2 left over and after a bit of convincing the guy let me "pre-order" Pirates and then immediately sell me the movies; at first he wanted to just ring me up and pay the $7.50 for the steelbook and the full price for the movie but thankfully someone else at customer service backed me up to let me do it like a pre-order.)[/QUOTE]

WOuldn't do it for me with the Pirates steel book.......... $7.50 plus the movie if I wanted it........passed. May get it from Target for the lego set.

bread's done
Back