Best Buy AD 11/18/12-11/21/12 - 3D and TV BLOWOUT!

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Forgive the formatting

Expendables 2 Blu $17.99/DVD $12.99
Expendables Blu $7.99/DVD $3.99

Game of Thrones Season One Gift Set Blu+DVD+DC $69.99

Batman Begins Blu Steelbook $9.99
Dark Knight Blu Steelbook $9.99
Buy either Batman movie and get a $5 off coupon for Dark Knight Rises, available 12/4

Santa Pups 2 Blu+DVD $22.99 ($17.99 w/ coupon from SantaPupsCoupon.com/BestBuy) / DVD $16.99

Cinderella II and III Blu+DVD $22.99/DVD $16.99
Cinderella DVD $16.99

BUY 1 GET 1 FREE on the following Blu's ($14.99 each)
21 Jump Street
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Pirates! Band of Misfits
Resident Evil Damnation
Underworld Awakening
The Vow

TOP MOVIES
That's My Boy $9.99 (DVD+UV)
The Sitter $12.99 Blu/$9.99 DVD
Chronicle $12.99 Blu/$9.99 DVD
Battleship $12.99 Blu/$9.99 DVD
Act of Valor $12.99 Blu/$9.99 DVD
Dictator $9.99 Blu/$7.99 DVD

$1.99 DVDs
Dinner for Schmucks
Scorpion King
Face/Off
Ray
Rainmaker
Curious Case of Benjamin Button
American Wedding
The Mummy

Cinderella Blu + DVD $16.99
Secret of the Wings Blu + DVD $16.99

Hold on to your wallets, folks, it's about to get intense..

BLU RAY 3D $19.99 EACH:
Madagascar 3
John Carter 3D
Cars 2
Lion King
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Toy Story 3
Tangled
Tron

BLU RAY 3D $14.99 EACH
Prometheus
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Titanic
I, Robot
Tranformers: Dark of the Moon
Immortals
Journey
Lorax

TV Series

Breaking Bad Seasons 1 - 4 Blu $11.99 EACH
Burn Notice Season 5 DVD $11.99
House Seasons 1-7 DVD $11.99, Seasons 6 & 7 Blu $11.99 EACH
Justified Seasons 1 and 2 Blu $11.99 EACH
Modern Family Seasons 1 and 2 DVD $11.99 EACH
Spartacus Seasons 1 and 2 DVD $11.99 EACH
The Office Seasons 5, 6, and 7 on Blu $11.99 EACH/1-4, 7 DVD $11.99 EACH
Walking Dead Season 1 Blu $11.99, DVD Special Edition $11.99
Walking Dead Season 2 Blu $24.99, DVD $18.99
Archer Seasons 1 and 2 Blu $12.99 EACH
Eastbound and Down Seasons 1 and 2 Blu $14.99 EACH
Life & Frozen Planet 2 pack Blu $16.99
Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1-3 Blu $16.99 EACH
Blue Bloods Season 2 DVD $19.99
Grey's Anatomy Season 7 and 8 DVD $19.99 EACH
Revenge Season 1 $19.99
Chuck: The Complete Series DVD $119.99
Bond 50th Anniversary Blu $129.99
Smallville Complete Series DVD $149.99
Star Wars Complete Saga Blu $69.99/Episodes 4-6 Trilogy and 1-3 Trilogy $29.99 each
Gilmore Girls Complete Series DVD $84.99
Band of Brothers & The Pacific DVD $59.99
Gilligan's Island Complete Series DVD $29.99
Three Stooges DVD Gift Set $39.99
LOTR Extended Edition Blu $49.99
Indiana Jones Collection Blu $49.99
Rocky 6 disc set Blu $19.99
Alien Anthology Blu $19.99
Godfather Collection Blu $19.99
Tarantino 6 film collection Blu $69.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FlamedLiquid']I don't think breaking bad ssns 1 and 2 were normally supposed to be part of the b1g1 because I noticed they took them off the list like an hour after the sale started.[/QUOTE]
As of checking right now it's still on the list, just not available online.

Well ordered them off Amazon due to the fact after church in the morning im pretty sure all TWO copies of each season will be gone for Breaking Bad. Total was $48, still cheaper than what Season 4 sells for alone so this is easily the best deal of the year for me movie wise.

And I had a discussion with my wife and maybe its just me and im trying to justify purchasing seasons of shows. But is any one else MORE likely to watch something if they OWN it rather than watch it say directly off netflix or what have you? I mean ive seen Breaking Bad through season 2 and some of 3, but now to own them and see them in High-Def I want to start all over and feel like im "watching them properly". I know im weird...at least thats what she tells me.

fucking fucksucker. I ordered the austin powers trilogy on bluray for $9.99. I used a rewardzone certificate I forgot about on my mom's rewardzone account to knock it down to $5. Goddamn it. Stop Best Buy. Enough.

I'm not buying another bluray until the Dark Knight Rises. *gulp*

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']fucking fucksucker. I ordered the austin powers trilogy on bluray for $9.99. I used a rewardzone certificate I forgot about on my mom's rewardzone account to knock it down to $5. Goddamn it. Stop Best Buy. Enough.

I'm not buying another bluray until the Dark Knight Rises. *gulp*[/QUOTE]

this perked my interest til ibsaw it was the 1 disc version.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']this perked my interest til ibsaw it was the 1 disc version.[/QUOTE]

According to Amazon, it is 3 discs. Are you positive it's only 1 disc? I will cancel my order if it is only 1 disc.

Bluray.com also says it has 3 discs.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']According to Amazon, it is 3 discs. Are you positive it's only 1 disc? I will cancel my order if it is only 1 disc.

Bluray.com also says it has 3 discs.[/QUOTE]

It's one blu-ray case with three discs in it. The previous Austin Powers collection had each movie in a separate case.

[quote name='anonymouswhoami']It's one blu-ray case with three discs in it. The previous Austin Powers collection had each movie in a separate case.[/QUOTE]

ah. Hmmmmmm may still buy it then. Though I do like the individual cases

Bit on the Happy Endings seasons.

Man...im going to have a lot to watch.

SuperNatural ssn 7 blu 16.99
True Blood seasons 1 thru 4 DVD 16.99/ blu rays 22.99

Well bit on Suoernatural and Spartacus season 2.

Think I'm at $150 spent now. Lol

Little Caesars has a $3 off coupon for the Madagascar 3 Blu-Ray Combo...doesn't specify 3D but I'm going to try it either tomorrow or Monday and see if I can get it for $16.99.

Picked up Transformers 3, Abraham Lincoln VH, and The Lorax.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']FRINGE S4 on Blu-Ray is also $16.99[/QUOTE]

Crap I need a deal on this on DVD to match my other sets.

EDIT:

Also the price of $18.99 for The Walking Dead Season Two on DVD is going to be the lowest it should go correct?

Darn you to heck BB! I'm at $140 and thinking about more.

EDIT: What's the consensus opinion on Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter?

I suppose E.T. is part of this week's deals or is it old from the other week? Either way, I'm gonna go to Best Buy when I can this week and pick that up as well as 21 Jump Street and Taxi Driver. I'm hoping that they all still have copies with slipcases. I'm real tempted to buy the Alien Anthology and Bond 50 set but haven't seen any of the films (I'm horribly late with movies in general) so it'd be a blind buy that I can't afford for space purposes. Still waiting for that Indiana Jones set to drop in price. I suppose we always have next year to see it go for $25.

Well, crap. I'm on vacation and can't remember if I have season 3 of Breaking Bad already, and I can't find it in my Amazon order history. Fellow cheapasses, do any of you remember the last Breaking Bad sale when we would have picked up a few seasons? If so, what seasons were on sale?

Edit: never mind, used camelcamelcamel to form a reasonable hypothesis.

[quote name='Raye']I suppose E.T. is part of this week's deals or is it old from the other week? Either way, I'm gonna go to Best Buy when I can this week and pick that up as well as 21 Jump Street and Taxi Driver. I'm hoping that they all still have copies with slipcases. I'm real tempted to buy the Alien Anthology and Bond 50 set but haven't seen any of the films (I'm horribly late with movies in general) so it'd be a blind buy that I can't afford for space purposes. Still waiting for that Indiana Jones set to drop in price. I suppose we always have next year to see it go for $25.[/QUOTE]

Alien Anthology wouldn't take up much room and is well worth $20 even if you've never seen the films. Classic SciFi horror.

I think I am just picking up:
Archer Season 1 and 2
Justified Season 2

Are all of the Spartacus seasons worth getting? Can you skip the mini-series?

What I want to pick up: all the seasons of Breaking Bad, Justified Season 2, Archer seasons 1 and 2, and all three seasons of Sons of Anarchy.

What I actually picked up: Office Season 7 and Sucker Punch (Best Buy has the one disc version on sale, Amazon matched the two disc version for $3.99).

In for Prometheus 3-D & Dinner For Schmucks :)

I didn't realize they only packaged the bonus BD with the 3-D version of Prometheus. Anyone who buys the single-disc for $9 is missing out.

I ordered from Best Buy regardless of the extra shipping time and tax. It's worth supporting the original deal-maker rather than the copycat. It must be nut-punch frustrating at this point having that giant Amazon shadow looming over them week in and week out saying "me too!" to every deal they create, not unlike a retarded older brother trying to sell his same set of toys at your family garage sale.

Picked up Breaking Bad seasons 1-4 and season 1 of Walking Dead. Great deals for awesome shows!

I was almost disappointed when I went to go get Breaking Bad. There was only one copy left of season 2 and it was gutted. Luckily an associate came up and asked if I needed help and found more copies for me on another aisle. I didn't really like how he came back with my tv sets and the walking dead cover had water or some other liquid on it. It was the only decent slip cover left so I had to pick it :(

[quote name='FusionHype']Picked up Breaking Bad seasons 1-4 and season 1 of Walking Dead. Great deals for awesome shows!

I was almost disappointed when I went to go get Breaking Bad. There was only one copy left of season 2 and it was gutted. Luckily an associate came up and asked if I needed help and found more copies for me on another aisle. I didn't really like how he came back with my tv sets and the walking dead cover had water or some other liquid on it. It was the only decent slip cover left so I had to pick it :([/QUOTE]

For your breaking bads, did you somehow get season 2 free?

I bought seasons 1-4 and they rang up as 11.99 for three of them, and 0.00 for the other.

I was happy, but confused at the same time.

[quote name='Steggy']For your breaking bads, did you somehow get season 2 free?

I bought seasons 1-4 and they rang up as 11.99 for three of them, and 0.00 for the other.

I was happy, but confused at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Guess the Season 1 and Season 2 are still part of the B1G1 free promo.
They were up online but sold out pretty fast.

Edit: Oh hey they are back up for online order...woo now I don't have to worry.

[quote name='iduncurr']Guess the Season 1 and Season 2 are still part of the B1G1 free promo.
They were up online but sold out pretty fast.[/QUOTE]

Yea, was pretty picked over when I walked into the store when they opened. Here I thought they would be fully stocked, and all the people that were headed in the store were more concerned over the Wii U.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']SuperNatural ssn 7 blu 16.99
True Blood seasons 1 thru 4 DVD 16.99/ blu rays 22.99

Well bit on Suoernatural and Spartacus season 2.

Think I'm at $150 spent now. Lol[/QUOTE]Nice find on Supernatural.

Was hoping other past seasons were on sale like Vampire Diaries S3 or Nikita S2, though it was just Supernatural. Which works out well as I just received an email about a $10 RZ cert I was awarded, so $6.99 + tax for it was a good deal.

Everything I ordered online was in stock and ready for pick up this morning. I was pleasantly surprised that I was given the Blu-Ray/DVD Combo packs for Bad Teacher & The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. It was a good deal for $5 each. Thanks to CAG member bardockkun for posting the link for the Life/Frozen Planet set.

Man this is an amazing sale- especially with Amazon price matching almost everything Here's my haul from Bestbuy.com:

Breaking Bad: The Complete First Season
Breaking Bad: The Complete Second Season
Prometheus 3D Blu Ray
$28.46 - $25.00 gift card = $3.46 shipped

And from Amazon (to avoid Best Buy's sales tax, and I'm Prime!):
Breaking Bad: The Complete Third Season
Breaking Bad: The Complete Fourth Season
The Amazing Spider-Man (Three Disc Blu Ray combo pack)
Cars 2 3D Blu-Ray
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Triple Pack Blu Ray)
$70.96 Total with Two-Day Shipping

THis is an AWESOME day for Blu-Ray deals!

[quote name='URMonkeyTron']Darn you to heck BB! I'm at $140 and thinking about more.

EDIT: What's the consensus opinion on Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter?[/QUOTE]
It's a visually fantastic movie, but if you're looking for anything like character work or a logical plot, you're best looking elsewhere. All the characters just move from one situation to the next without much emotional context or weight in it. Things just happen for the sake of happening.

Didn't go too crazy at my first run, just bought four items and after using a $10+ giftcard, spent only $40+ cash. *pats self on the back*

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Guess no one will have 3D Avengers on sale? I know at release it was $19.99 but I didn't have a 3D TV then :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, wish I still had my 3D disc when I got mine...I don't have a 3D tv and sold I for $8 to someone on here.

On a side note...I picked up my order today and opened my batman Begins and Dark knight to find no coupon for TDKR bluray...

Guess that's no big deal since I'm orderin the exclusive set from WBShop, but I have a feeling I'm gonna want the BBY steelbook to complete my collection.

I was able to score the Alien Anthology, Fringe Season 4, Underworld Awakening 3D and then Resident Evil Damnation for free. I convinced the check out clerk that the 3D version of Awakening should apply to the buy one get one deal since on the ad it says titles shown are $14.99 and the regular 2D version of Awakening is $9.99 and the 3D is $14.99.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Guess no one will have 3D Avengers on sale? I know at release it was $19.99 but I didn't have a 3D TV then :lol:[/QUOTE]

Might have been a pricing error... but I saw a display of 3D avengers, as well as other blurays marked 14.99 at Target. Display was in the childs clothes department near the main aisle, with early black friday indicated on it. May have been a mistake though.

[quote name='Steggy']Might have been a pricing error... but I saw a display of 3D avengers, as well as other blurays marked 14.99 at Target. Display was in the childs clothes department near the main aisle, with early black friday indicated on it. May have been a mistake though.[/QUOTE]

$15 for the non 3D blu

Picked up spartacus vengeance. Might pick up girl with dragon tattoo but was unsure which other movie to pick up with it.

Prometheus, Raid Redemption and Dragon tattoo for me. Also is the walking Dead Season 1 Special Edition worth it vs the regular edition which is on sale for $11.99 vs 16.99 for the SE edition?

I'm sure someone's already posted this. But it isn't actually the second season of Spartacus on sale. It's the Gods of the Arena mini-series. I went to the store and tried to pick up Spartacus: Vengeance (the actual second season, says so on the box), but they wouldn't give me the discount, even though it says "Season 2" in the ad. The lady there gave me some bullshit line that "the ad merely indicates that we have it, not that it's on sale." I pointed out that, hey, everything else listed in that block of the ad is on sale, but she wouldn't budge.

[quote name='JoeX111']I'm sure someone's already posted this. But it isn't actually the second season of Spartacus on sale. It's the Gods of the Arena mini-series. I went to the store and tried to pick up Spartacus: Vengeance (the actual second season, says so on the box), but they wouldn't give me the discount, even though it says "Season 2" in the ad. The lady there gave me some bullshit line that "the ad merely indicates that we have it, not that it's on sale." I pointed out that, hey, everything else listed in that block of the ad is on sale, but she wouldn't budge.[/QUOTE]

It rang up for me 16.99 automatically. Was just there around 2pm PST.

[quote name='j.t']It rang up for me 16.99 automatically. Was just there around 2pm PST.[/QUOTE]

So weird. It rang up full price for me, so I put it back. :cry:

Edit: Oh, wait, you're talking about the Blu Ray. I should've specified, I was trying to get the DVD set.

Decided to take advantage of the B1G1 and get Breaking Bad S1 and S2 and Walking Dead S1 SE. If nothing else, I can sell them on eBay for a profit.

Anyone going to BB by Caesar's Bay, Bklyn, just forget it. Movie section is totally boarded off due to Storm Sandy damage. Imagine the rest of the store unaffected and it's only the movie section blocked off. Guess I have to order everything online.

Wasn't a total loss. Got $5 back from the Prometheus 3D I bought a while back from the Upgrade and Save I did a few weeks back. I pretty much lost the $5 for trading in a DVD but with the $5 manufacturer coupon I used, it's like I got it for $10.

bread's done
Back