Best Buy Ad 11/5-11/11: Xbox One X Launch Promos

tyrok

CAGiversary!
New Releases Available Tuesday:

• :xb1: :ps4: Need for Speed Payback Deluxe Edition $79.99
    Free Steelbook with Purchase

[*]:xb1: :ps4: :switch: Sonic Forces Bonus Edition $39.99
[*]:xb1: Super Lucky's Tale $29.99
[*]:xb1: :pc: Cuphead $19.99 (Best Buy Exclusive includes digital code and Art Cel)
[*]:pc: The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs $39.99
New Releases Available Friday:

• :xb1: :ps4: Need For Speed Payback $59.99
  • :switch: Doom $59.99
  • :switch: Snipperclips Plus: Cut it out, Together! $29.99
  • :3ds: Mario Party: The Top 100 $39.99
  • :3ds: Minecraft New Nintendo 3DS Edition $29.99
Game Deals:

• :xb1: :ps4: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands $29.99 Save $30
  • :xb1: :ps4: FIFA 18 $49.99 Save $10
Xbox One X:

• Xbox One X 1TB Console $499.99 (Available Tuesday)
    Be among the first in line at midnight to receive an Xbox Launch Kit featuring Xbox One X branded lanyard, socks, wristband and chinch bag.

[*]Save $50 on an Xbox Elite Controller with purchase of an Xbox One X Console
[*]Save $10 on any Xbox One Controller with purchase of an Xbox One X Console
[*]Save $20 on Madden NFL 18 with purchase of an Xbox One X Console
[*]Save $10 on Asssassin's Creed Origins with purchase of an Xbox One X Console
[*]Bundle & Save: Save $30 with the purchase of any Xbox One Controller, Turtle Beach XO Three Headset and an Xbox One X Console (Not valid in combination of other offers)
Everything Else:

• Free Game $29.99-$59.99 when you buy any Xbox One Console (Excludes Xbox One X, Valid 11/3-11/18)
  • Save $30 on select Xbox One 500GB Consoles
  • Save $10 on an Xbox One Wireless Controller and Stereo Headset when you buy an Xbox One Console
  • Save $15 on 6-Months of Xbox Live with purchase of FIFA 18, Call of Duty: WWII or Forza Motorspot 7
  • Save $100 on the G29 Driving Force Racing wheel for PS4 and get a Free Shifter when you buy Need For Speed Payback
  • Free Spider-Man: Homecoming on Blu-ray with purchase of a PlayStation 4 1TB Console or PlayStation 4 Pro Console
  • Turtle Beach Elite Pro Tournament Wired Gaming Headset $169.99 Save $30
  • Afterglow AG 9 Wireless Stereo Sound Over-the-Ear Gaming Headset $69.99 Save $10
  • Trade-In Star Wars Battlefront for PS4 or XB1 and get a $10 coupon for Battlefront 2 plus the trade-in value.
    Offer Valid in store only. Trade-in any Xbox One or PS4 versions of Battlefront 1 and get a $10 coupon toward Battlefront 2 plus a gift card for the trade-in value. Trade-in values vary. Coupon valid in stores through 11/22/17. Coupons delivered on trade-ins from 10/29/17-11/13/17. Not available in all locations. Limited 1 coupon per transaction.

New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• Cars 3 $19.99 Save $5
  • Cars 3 Only @ BB Steelbook $22.99 Save $7
  • Cars 3 4K $27.99 Save $2
  • Westworld: Season One Only @ BB Steelbook $39.99 Save $10
  • Westworld: Season One 4K $44.99 Save $10
  • Harry Potter 8-Film Collection 4K $149.99 Save $75
  • A Few Good Men 4K Only @ BB $24.99
  • Ingrid Goes West $19.99 Save $3
  • Your Name. $19.99 Save $5

Last edited by a moderator:
No swag at my store. Pretty disappointing.
same story. I lined up just for swag, I wasn’t sure if it was only with console purchase or if I can buy a game but the guy said I had to get a console. I already got my Scorpio from GameStop so I just said forget and went home

I lined up just for swag, I wasn’t sure if it was only with console purchase or if I can buy a game but the guy said I had to get a console.
I've gone to this stuff before with friends and gotten the free giveaways even when I wasn't buying whatever was being released. I just stood in there with my friend (who was buying it) and acted like I was there to pick my copy up as well. They always hand out stuff before you get to the pick-up counter, in my experience.

Does anyone know if GCU works on the Cuphead “physical” edition?
I just picked it up. No GCU discount. I used their "mystery reward" email to save $5 on it.

It wasn't out and they were not sure what I was talking about, but they had them in the back. So you might have to ask someone for it.

I just picked it up. No GCU discount. I used their "mystery reward" email to save $5 on it.

It wasn't out and they were not sure what I was talking about, but they had them in the back. So you might have to ask someone for it.
How's the cel that came with it? I was tempted to get it with my cert but I found out there are five different ones and I didn't want to deal with trying to get them all like a cereal box prize.

Beat me to it. I had the same exact experience. It doesn't show up when they search for it, but they did have it. It rang up $19.99. No GCU. I also used my mystery certificate to save $5, but then I donated another to St. Jude.

Along with this, I received a digital code via e-mail, so.......is the only thing in the box the art cel, then (I didn't open it)?

Here's some pictures for you guys :

[attachment=28551:IMG_6373.JPG]

[attachment=28552:IMG_6374.JPG]

Shit; sorry they're sideways. They're not like that in my Camera Roll.

How's the cel that came with it? I was tempted to get it with my cert but I found out there are five different ones and I didn't want to deal with trying to get them all like a cereal box prize.
Yeah; it's a bummer they aren't all included. I like the main one with Cuphead and Mugman. I'm thinking each spot on the front of the box will display the one that's inside? For example, mine shows the Devil.

Got my glorious 4K machine early this morning. Was surprised how quick Fedex was. Unfortunately I tried calling BB to try and get in on the AC Origins promotion for the 10 bucks off but they said they couldn't do it because it has to be bought together with the console. Seems rather unfair to me, I met the prerequisite of the promotion, I bought a 1X from them.

I think the biggest wtf factor for me was the fact that I was literally on the phone trying to purchase a nearly full priced game after already spending 500 bucks with them and they didn't want the sale.  :wall:

Anybody got any other ideas?

Got my glorious 4K machine early this morning. Was surprised how quick Fedex was. Unfortunately I tried calling BB to try and get in on the AC Origins promotion for the 10 bucks off but they said they couldn't do it because it has to be bought together with the console. Seems rather unfair to me, I met the prerequisite of the promotion, I bought a 1X from them.

I think the biggest wtf factor for me was the fact that I was literally on the phone trying to purchase a nearly full priced game after already spending 500 bucks with them and they didn't want the sale. :wall:

Return and rebuy? It’s a hassle but I think it’s the only way it’ll work.

Return and rebuy? It’s a hassle but I think it’s the only way it’ll work.
Yeah I really would rather not repackage this beauty and drive out to the store in this rainy weather and go through that nonsense. I'm sure Origins will be on sale again soon enough from other vendors. Guess they lost a sale.

Everyone at the Best Buy had absolutely no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned a physical copy of Cuphead being only at Best Buy. They couldn't find it online and it wasn't on the store shelves so after quite some time the managers checked on the receiving end.

They finally found a copy. As he was walking back to where I was the guy dropped the case like twice. Finally bought it.

This release was really hush hush in a way. The employees said that they had received no word at all about this.

Everyone at the Best Buy had absolutely no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned a physical copy of Cuphead being only at Best Buy. They couldn't find it online and it wasn't on the store shelves so after quite some time the managers checked on the receiving end.
They finally found a copy. As he was walking back to where I was the guy dropped the case like twice. Finally bought it.
This release was really hush hush in a way. The employees said that they had received no word at all about this.
Good thing it doesn't include a disc!

That's super annoying, I would definitely hassle them with re buy if you are up for it.

I asked the manager (MoD?) to give me 20% off cup head and he did it
I was hoping they could just confirm my 1X order number and give me a code or something to use on the game and buy it online. Going there is definitely super annoying and I'm not gonna drag my new Xbox around for that. I'm not jumping through hoops to spend more money there. It's on them to convince me to buy from them, not the other way around.

I was hoping they could just confirm my 1X order number and give me a code or something to use on the game and buy it online. Going there is definitely super annoying and I'm not gonna drag my new Xbox around for that. I'm not jumping through hoops to spend more money there. It's on them to convince me to buy from them, not the other way around.
Ya I feel Ya. Try calling CS maybe? They should be able to give you $10 credit (might have to place order first) but you can make it store pick up, get the extra $1 off and if they can't credit you just let the pickup expire and they never charge you and you kinda stick it to them lol

I wouldn’t mind the Elite controller deal but my X1 was delivery only. So I’ll wait. Also, still waiting for FedEx to show up, I’m pretty sure I’m on the end of the route.

You only need the receipt that shows your serial number. No need for the box or console.

has anyone confirmed if GCU applies to the 'physical' cuphead? can't find the listing on bestbuy.com

I think the biggest wtf factor for me was the fact that I was literally on the phone trying to purchase a nearly full priced game after already spending 500 bucks with them and they didn't want the sale. :wall:
So they didn't want to lose practically all the margin on a game just because you bought a console with no margin outside of the offered promotion period. :whistle2:

Yeah, they could have just lopped $10 off the game to make it quick (that's what I would have done, just to make things quicker for everybody), but they're not obligated to.

Plus, if you're really looking to save some money, it'll be $35 in 2 weeks on Black Friday.

So they didn't want to lose practically all the margin on a game just because you bought a console with no margin outside of the offered promotion period. :whistle2:

Yeah, they could have just lopped $10 off the game to make it quick (that's what I would have done, just to make things quicker for everybody), but they're not obligated to.

Plus, if you're really looking to save some money, it'll be $35 in 2 weeks on Black Friday.
Are you sure they lose all the margin in the sale? You literally just said they'll be selling it for 35 in 2 weeks. Why would they do that if they're already losing everything at 50? Your math doesn't totally add up here.

Best Buy generally gets games for around $45 a piece. The Assassin's Creed deal is likely being backed by Microsoft or Ubisoft which means Best Buy won't get a break on that $45 game cost if it doesn't appear on the same receipt as the Xbox One X.

The Black Friday prices at all the retailers are in partnership with the game publishers. Best Buy isn't just blindly losing $20 on every copy of Wolfenstein II they sell that weekend because they've negotiated a break in the game cost with Bethesda.

I think the biggest wtf factor for me was the fact that I was literally on the phone trying to purchase a nearly full priced game after already spending 500 bucks with them and they didn't want the sale.

So it's unfair that you couldn't get in on a promotion that came out after you bought the item? :-({|=

bread's done
Back