The Venture Brothers: Season 5 $21.99 DVD $16.99

The Grand Master $14.99 DVD $12.99

Gravity (3D Blu+Blu+DVD+UV) $27.99

Gravity (Blu+DVD+UV) $22.99

Purchase select titles, get $8 movie cash towards 300: Rise of an Empire

300 Blu-Ray $9.99 DVD $4.99

Clash of the Titans Blu-Ray $9.99 DVD $6.99

New Release available available Friday 3/7

Get both the Hunger Games & The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Steelbooks together for $27.99

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Best Buy exclusive steelbook (Blu+DVD+UV) $22.99 DVD+UV $17.99

The Hunger Games Best Buy exclusive steelbook (Blu+UV) $17.99

Receive $8 in fandango cash towards Divergent with purchase of either steelbook (movie in theaters 3/21/2014

Buy one Get one free on select $9.99 Blu-Rays, titles include

The Amazing Spider-Man

21 Jump Street

Looper 

Total Recall

Dead Man Down

Evil Dead

Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs

Monty Python & the Holy Grail

Credit to BainBridge's_Stache

Last edited by a moderator:
It probably won't have in store pick up available at all. If it did everyone would line up to get one of the few copies before they opened and they would be like "Sorry they were all sold online to people at home while you were waiting in the parking lot". They have to have some available. Same reason why if there is less than 3 copies of a item you can't do in store pick up; that and it is harder to track the items down for the employees.

I placed a preorder this evening and live chatted and they stated that store pickup would be available once it becomes available rather than preorder. They didn't tell me a time but everybody make sure they check friday morning.

Both are just blu-ray with uv codes, no extras listed on first one there are on the second though. Both come with movie cash.

I just used a $100 gift card I had to order these steelbooks and The Stick of Truth.

Yup, just submitted my order for instore pickup.
Same. Not sure how many CAGs are awake at 1:37 am central time, but this is the prime opportunity to order them so that there's no need to rush and knock over old ladies on your way to steelbook awesomeness tomorrow morning.

You still need to return the flashlight within the sales week. If I were you I would pickup the bundle order first then come back next week  or so to get $5 refund without the flashlight.

Interesting, the fine print says that if the steelbook ran out you should be able to substitute the offer with equal or lesser value, aka the store credit. So my suggestion is to have them gone or hid one or couple steel under your basket or between the AD then use the store credit towards them.

So anyone else have a problem offering for in store and the total not coming up right? I put an order in for hunger games and catching fire and total was $40.xx

hmmm thats weird. maybe the store hasn't update the bundle sku #? i guess the manager have to do multiple override manual througout the day. lol

Placed my in-store pickup order for the same store by work that the flipping asshole was picking up four of the Thor steelbooks when the sotre opened.  We'll see how that works out.

Just walked into the Best Buy where I live. The Steelbooks are pretty finite (the main display and the New Release shelf had maybe 10-15 of CF and less of the original). Definitely both Steelbooks for $28. However, the Steelbooks are Blu-Ray and UV; the standard release for CF has Blu/DVD/UV.

According to my receipt, they discount the first movie to $6.50 and the second to $21.49 (I live in DE, so no sales tax!  :D/ ). Overall, I do love the Steelbook design. Only drawback is now I need to stick with it when Mockingjay Parts 1 and 2 release for consistency.

You still can. Go back while its in stock and get it.
I opened it, they told me over the phone that they wouldn't do this for me.

I used the UV code on Best Buy's CinemaNow site and the movie won't show up. I did an online chat and was told that you have to give them credit card info to register movies there now. This pisses me off. I'll never use them again for this. I tried to regist a card and it won't even fucking take it.

This combination of bad experience makes me angry. I hope Best Buy goes out of business.

I used the UV code on Best Buy's CinemaNow site and the movie won't show up. I did an online chat and was told that you have to give them credit card info to register movies there now. This pisses me off. I'll never use them again for this. I tried to regist a card and it won't even fucking take it.

This combination of bad experience makes me angry. I hope Best Buy goes out of business.
I don't know what you can do about the UV code. But just go buy the bundle and return the seal one with the receipt of the first one you bought. No need to get angry.

I don't know what you can do about the UV code. But just go buy the bundle and return the seal one with the receipt of the first one you bought. No need to get angry.
I went there and bitched to the manager. He made it happen with the copy I already have. The UV customer service for the UV copy seems about as useless as driving an NBA team around in a clown car. I'm about to give up on that. At least I got the other steelbook. Both come with $8.00 codes for Divergent.

edit: My UV copy is gone but the iTunes copy worked. It's one of the movies (most in fact) that the code will work on iTunes after being redeemed on UV. I try it every time now.

Anyone else not get the email for pickup? Usually they email me about 45 min before they open but its almost 10 min before they open and nothing yet. Hoping I dont miss out like the Thor fiasco

Anyone else not get the email for pickup? Usually they email me about 45 min before they open but its almost 10 min before they open and nothing yet. Hoping I dont miss out like the Thor fiasco
Go to BestBuy.com and check on the status of the order. If it's been picked, it will show that on the order status, even if the email hasn't been sent. I've had the occasional email not show up for in-store pickup, though it's usually more an indicator that the order hasn't been picked yet.

I found my in-store pickup order was showing as picked, then I received the email a few minutes later.

Ok nm. It was either my phone or Yahoo but i just got the email but it says it was sent at 9:08 even though I received it just now

Picked up my Steelbook pair for my online in-store pickup order without any issues.

My only complaint is that the Steelbook does not include the DVD like the regular version.  They did something similar with The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Extended Edition 3D steelbook as well by excluding the 2D blu-ray, though unlike the Hobbit steelbook, there are no missing features in the Catching Fire steelbook as a result of the missing DVD.

So wait, is the UV code in these Steelbooks limited to Best Buy's CinemaNow or can you use the UV code universally like on Flixster? Try the code first on Flixster, if anyone has not yet.

Picked up my Steelbook pair for my online in-store pickup order without any issues.

My only complaint is that the Steelbook does not include the DVD like the regular version. They did something similar with The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Extended Edition 3D steelbook as well by excluding the 2D blu-ray, though unlike the Hobbit steelbook, there are no missing features in the Catching Fire steelbook as a result of the missing DVD.
The bluray steelbook thread had this best buy link talking about how bestbuy and Lionsgate are working together so you can get the missing dvd:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Movies-Music-TV-Shows/Hunger-Games-Catching-fire-steelbook-is-missing-dvd/td-p/788460?&ref=199&loc=f7sX52tQY3I&siteID=f7sX52tQY3I-NWYtC2FlKSoTEq4lHJO96w

For those CAGs who really wanted the DVD with their steelbook the advertisment tag under the product actually says "bluray + dvd" lionsgate films addressed this issue and you can contact them via phone or email and tell them providing a recipt or proof of purchase they will send you the DVD copy of the movie.

So wait, is the UV code in these Steelbooks limited to Best Buy's CinemaNow or can you use the UV code universally like on Flixster? Try the code first on Flixster, if anyone has not yet.
No, you can chose. I just chose Best Buy because that's where I bought it. I didn't think it mattered (it never has before). I normally go with VUDU for everything. I'll be doing that in the future.

For those CAGs who really wanted the DVD with their steelbook the advertisment tag under the product actually says "bluray + dvd" lionsgate films addressed this issue and you can contact them via phone or email and tell them providing a recipt or proof of purchase they will send you the DVD copy of the movie.
Could you give some link to info on this? Thanks.

No, you can chose. I just chose Best Buy because that's where I bought it. I didn't think it mattered (it never has before). I normally go with VUDU for everything. I'll be doing that in the future.

Could you give some link to info on this? Thanks.
Awesome. I'll put my copies on Flixster tonight. Thanks for the heads up.

Yes, please help me get my DVDs for both movies! =)

So, pre-ordered the SB bundle last night at 2 in the morning, and walked into BB today around noon thinking "whew, glad I locked these in when I did." Best Buy still had tons of copies of both steelbook versions.

And when I went to pick up my order, the "bundle" wasn't even a bundle - it was just the two steelbooks.

YMMV, but jeez, I thought these were gonna go instantly, but it makes me slightly miffed that I stayed up to pre-order, while I could have just walked in at any time today and bought them.

the best buy i went to literally had 50+ copies of the catching fire steelbook and 8+ of hunger games. they overproduced these a ton lol

So, pre-ordered the SB bundle last night at 2 in the morning, and walked into BB today around noon thinking "whew, glad I locked these in when I did." Best Buy still had tons of copies of both steelbook versions.

And when I went to pick up my order, the "bundle" wasn't even a bundle - it was just the two steelbooks.

YMMV, but jeez, I thought these were gonna go instantly, but it makes me slightly miffed that I stayed up to pre-order, while I could have just walked in at any time today and bought them.
It could also have gone like Thor and you were boned unless you lucked out with an in-store pickup order that was completed or you made it there by store open.

Better do the in-store pickup and make sure you had one versus the possible alternative.

Anyone who ordered the HG steelbook bundle for shipping only get one movie delivered? I got Catching Fire and I am still "pending" on the first movie. I am just afraid it is going to go backorder than cancel out.

Anyone who ordered the HG steelbook bundle for shipping only get one movie delivered? I got Catching Fire and I am still "pending" on the first movie. I am just afraid it is going to go backorder than cancel out.
Same here. The movies both came out on the same day. I don't understand why they weren't shipped together? They better not backorder it and cancel it!

*Edit: Well I just got an email from BBY that my order is backordered. It did however give me an estimate of when I will get it, but I could also call and have them check to see if a local store has it.

*Edit 2: I just got another email from BBY that my steel book has been shipped. However it does say it's Catching Fire, which they already shipped. We'll see if they send me two of the same steels.

Got to my local store after work at 4 and the Hunger Games display was basically picked clean. Only saw 2 Catching Fire SB's left and the Hunger Games SB was long gone. Went to go pickup my instore pickup and the girl there said that they sold out of the first one within 30 minutes of opening the store.

bread's done
Back