Best Buy Ad 9/16 - 9/22

Mikerocosms

CAGiversary!
New Releases coming out Tuesday, September 18, 2012:

Katy Perry: Part of Me:

• DVD - $12.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD, Digital Copy and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $16.99
  • Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack (includes Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Copy and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $24.99
Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3:

Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures:

• Blu-ray - $64.99
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel:

• DVD - $17.99
  • Blu-ray - $24.99
The Cabin in the Woods:

• DVD (includes Digital Copy) - $16.99
  • Blu-ray (includes Digital Copy) - $19.99
The Victim:

• DVD - $13.99
  • Blu-ray - $14.99
Michael Jackson: Bad 25th Anniversary Edition:

• CD/DVD Deluxe Edition - $39.99
Free Best Buy gift card offer
In-store only offer: Free $10 Best Buy gift card when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Free $25 Best Buy gift card when you spend $100 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray.
Online-only offer: Receive a $10 Best Buy gift card when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up.
Products must be purchased on the same receipt to receive the gift card. Excludes children's TV titles.

Modern Family: The Complete Third Season:

• DVD - $24.99
  • Blu-ray - $29.99
Supernatural: The Complete Seventh Season:

• DVD - $29.99
  • Blu-ray (includes UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $39.99
Hawaii Five-0: The Second Season:

• DVD - $29.99
  • Blu-ray - $34.99
The Mentalist: The Complete Fourth Season:

• DVD - $29.99
Suburgatory: The Complete First Season:

• DVD - $24.99
Army Wives: Season Six - Part 1:

Body of Proof: The Complete Second Season:

NOTE: Reposting of any part of this article requires a link back to the original article.

Available Now:
The Hunger Games:

• DVD (includes Digital Copy) - $18.99
  • Blu-ray (includes Digital Copy) - $21.99
Titanic:

• DVD - $14.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $19.99
Safe:

• DVD - $14.99
  • Blu-ray (includes Digital Copy) - $19.99
$4.99 DVD:

• The Jackie Chan Collection
  • Total Recall
  • Caddyshack
  • The Green Mile
  • Dumb and Dumber / Dumb and Dumberer Double Feature
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
  • Seven
  • more titles in store and online
$9.99 DVD:

• Herbie 4-Movie Collection (Love Bug / Herbie Goes Bananas / Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo / Herbie Rides Again)
  • Thrills and Chills 4-Movie Collection (Haunted Mansion, Tower Of Terror, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Country Bears)
$9.99 Blu-ray:

• From Dusk Till Dawn 4 Film Collection (From Dusk Till Dawn / From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money / From Dusk Till Dawn 3: The Hangman's Daughter / Full-Tilt Boogie)
  • Gangs of New York
  • Ultimate Avengers Collection
  • Space Jam
  • The Departed
  • GoodFellas
TV on DVD and Blu-ray:
In-store only offer: Free $10 Best Buy gift card when you spend $50 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray. Free $25 Best Buy gift card when you spend $100 or more on TV titles on DVD or Blu-ray.
Online-only offer: Receive a $10 Best Buy gift card when you purchase 3 TV titles $14.99 and up.
Products must be purchased on the same receipt to receive the gift card. Excludes children's TV titles.

Supernatural:

• Seasons 1 - 6 on DVD - $16.99 each
  • Seasons 1 - 6 on Blu-ray - $21.99 each
Modern Family:

• Seasons 1 - 2 on DVD - $19.99 each
  • Seasons 1 - 2 on Blu-ray - $22.99 each
The Mentalist:

• Seasons 1 - 3 on DVD - $15.99 each
Hawaii Five-0:

• Season 1 DVD - $27.99
The Big Bang Theory:

• Season 5 DVD - $29.99
  • Season 5 Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $34.99
Spartacus: Vengeance - The Complete Second Season:

• DVD - $29.99
  • Blu-ray - $34.99
2 Broke Girls:

• Season 1 DVD - $29.99
  • Season 1 Blu-ray - $34.99
The Vampire Diaries:

• Season 3 DVD - $39.99
  • Season 3 Blu-ray - $44.99
Fringe:

• Season 4 DVD - $39.99
  • Season 4 Blu-ray - $44.99

Thanks to Annie Chu!

M

Last edited by a moderator:
Hold on a second. You mean that Titanic is going to be cheaper the week after it came out than the week it debuted? Good thing I didn't pick it up this week. I'll grab that and the Indiana Jones collection simultaneously.

Thanks much OP!

Thanks will have to get the Hunger Games for the gf dont really get why she likes it tho!!
gf

I will echo the love for Cabin in the Woods. Anyone who considers themselves a horror fan should run out and buy this. Such a fresh/funny take on a genre that has been mostly stagnant for the past decade or so.

[quote name='mpaullin']I will echo the love for Cabin in the Woods. Anyone who considers themselves a horror fan should run out and buy this. Such a fresh/funny take on a genre that has been mostly stagnant for the past decade or so.[/QUOTE]

Oh hell I'll give it a shot then.

M

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FlamedLiquid']want supernatural., but would like to spend $50 to get the $10 giftcard. hmmm..

also wonder if any when Indy will drop in price.[/QUOTE]

Same boat. I'm hoping the anime will drop to $14.99. That's the only Supernatural thing I don't have

[quote name='Mikerocosms']Oh hell I'll give it a shot then.

M[/QUOTE]

Just don't take the movie seriously, then be ready to fall in love with the movie 3/4 of the way through. The last portion of the movie is the BEST!

[quote name='Royal High Knight']SO cabin in the woods, is it scary and a comedy? It seems kinda funny. The plot sounds great, and the movie also got some pretty good reviews.[/QUOTE]

Personally, no, I didn't find it "scary"

All I can say is WATCH IT with an open mind. It's SUCH a good movie. I was second guessing it halfway through the movie. But it all makes sense near the end, it's a comedy/thriller I think.

I'm getting this on Sunday, no doubt about it.

[quote name='TaylorM06']Personally, no, I didn't find it "scary"

All I can say is WATCH IT with an open mind. It's SUCH a good movie. I was second guessing it halfway through the movie. But it all makes sense near the end, it's a comedy/thriller I think.

I'm getting this on Sunday, no doubt about it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. When I first saw the trailer I was like, "ANother dumb cabin horror movie", but then once I read the reviews and saw longer and more indepth trailers I knew I had to see this. Picking this up along with borderlands on tuesday. Gonna be a good day hopefully. :D

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Thanks man. When I first saw the trailer I was like, "ANother dumb cabin horror movie", but then once I read the reviews and saw longer and more indepth trailers I knew I had to see this. Picking this up along with borderlands on tuesday. Gonna be a good day hopefully. :D[/QUOTE]

^THIS! Cabin in the Woods/Borderlands 2 are my two buys next week also. Can't WAIT!

I actually have no idea what Cabin in the Woods is about but it was written by Joss Whedon and he really hasn't let me down so far...so I guess I'm doing a blind buy on that.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']SO cabin in the woods, is it scary and a comedy? It seems kinda funny. The plot sounds great, and the movie also got some pretty good reviews.[/QUOTE]

It's about as scary as Zombieland (i.e. there's some gruesome makeup and effects but it's really a comedy at its heart).

[quote name='iduncurr']I actually have no idea what Cabin in the Woods is about but it was written by Joss Whedon and he really hasn't let me down so far...so I guess I'm doing a blind buy on that.[/QUOTE]

It wont be a blind buy its an amazing movie!!! One of a kind!

I would encourage people to go in to watching Cabin in the Woods knowing as little as you can. As said, it is more funny than scary, but it is still nice and gruesome.

I was really REALLY hoping Get A Life: The Complete Series would have been on sale. Looks like I'm going to be taking a bath on the price of this one....

[quote name='mpaullin']I would encourage people to go in to watching Cabin in the Woods knowing as little as you can. As said, it is more funny than scary, but it is still nice and gruesome.[/QUOTE]

It is not scary at all, but it is funny.

Not seeing much this week. Last week I hit Best Buy hard for Big Bang Season 5 and 30 Rock season 6.

But this coming week Cabin in the Woods is coming out! I'll stop by Best Buy at least once to pick up the Blu-Ray of this film. It has been one of my favorite movies all year.

For those who haven't seen it yet, your reaction to Cabin in the Woods will vary. If you are a fairly normal person, it will seem like a somewhat scary horror film with some nice twists and turns in the plot, and some very solid production values. (they don't skimp on the effects)

If you are a somewhat more jaded, cynical individual with, shall we say, a "darker" sense of humor, then Cabin in the Woods will be the funniest thing you have seen in years. I laughed all the way through the film, my wry sense of irony getting a healthy workout.

Not much for me this upcoming week, but the week after that is the Blu-Ray release of American Horror Story!

Finally a decent price for the Season 2 Blu-ray of Modern Family. It only took the release of Season 3 for that to happen.

I am going to hold off on Cabin In The Woods. I loved the movie, but I think it might go cheaper during October somewhere because of Halloween.

I agree with all the love for Cabin (Best movie of the year), but I can't help thinking it'll be cheaper than $20 if I wait a couple weeks. Halloween sales will likely drive the price down.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I agree with all the love for Cabin (Best movie of the year), but I can't help thinking it'll be cheaper than $20 if I wait a couple weeks. Halloween sales will likely drive the price down.[/QUOTE]

Well if they drop the price in 30 days you can go to Best Buy and get it adjusted. This is one of those movies that I was tempted to see twice in theaters, so I have to have it day 1, even if it will be cheaper later.

I noticed in the physical ad (and, for some reason, not posted in here) that the first three seasons of The Mentalist are $15.99 this week, so I could conceivably buy all three online and get a $10 GC for free. Does anyone think this is a good deal? I've watched the first two discs of Season 1 so far, and I really like what I've seen.

[quote name='mpaullin']This is one of those movies that I was tempted to see twice in theaters, so I have to have it day 1[/QUOTE]

I DID see it twice in theaters. And I'm still going to buy it the day it comes out, and probably watch it twice this week. (I have at least two friends who haven't seen it yet but are looking forward to it)

To be fair, I've always had a soft spot for monster movies. In that respect, Cabin In the Woods was an easy sell for me. Throw in all the tongue-in-cheek meta humor, and Joss Whedon might as well have written the film just for me.

If you haven't seen Cabin, I'd suggest a rent at the very least. I absolutely loved it. A satirical horror comedy that basically points out who we are as viewers of horror movies. Saw it twice in theatres and I loved it.

Just picked up Cabin in the Woods. For those who haven't seen it and are blind buying, I wouldn't even read the summary on the back. It gives away more than I think it ought to (even if its vague). The best way to experience it is going in knowing nothing.

[quote name='v0yce']Does anyone know if Best Buy got The Game Criterion?[/QUOTE]

No, but you could go to their website and check to see if they did and see if it is available at your nearest store. It's weird how this internet thing works, huh? ;)

[quote name='mjc819']So I'm assuming that the $25 for spending $100 on movies will show up in my reward zone, right?[/QUOTE]Um...no, since it's a $25 gift card. You should get the GC automatically in-store or add it to your cart online with the eligible $100 worth of TV titles and it should show up as being $0.00.

[quote name='Vigilante']Um...no, since it's a $25 gift card. You should get the GC automatically in-store or add it to your cart online with the eligible $100 worth of TV titles and it should show up as being $0.00.[/QUOTE]

Does the Body of Proof coupon count towards the total? Picking up the Mentalist and Body of Proof, so I'm trying to figure out if I need a filler.

[quote name='outcastjon']No, but you could go to their website and check to see if they did and see if it is available at your nearest store. It's weird how this internet thing works, huh? ;)[/QUOTE]

I think he's referring to the fact that Amazon has it, but BB shows it won't release until 9/25.

[quote name='elessar123']Does the Body of Proof coupon count towards the total? Picking up the Mentalist and Body of Proof, so I'm trying to figure out if I need a filler.[/QUOTE]It doesn't, though this is how I'd recommend you do it:

1) Have them scan Mentalist.
2) Have them scan Body of Proof.
3) Let them get the gift card and activate it.
4) Hand them the coupon and let them enter in the amount (F7 on the register).
5) Pay for your purchase.

I've done this twice so far in the steps above with the Once Upon A Time coupon and the Castle coupon. Should be no different, though letting the register activate the gift card is key.

[quote name='shrike4242']It doesn't, though this is how I'd recommend you do it:

1) Have them scan Mentalist.
2) Have them scan Body of Proof.
3) Let them get the gift card and activate it.
4) Hand them the coupon and let them enter in the amount (F7 on the register).
5) Pay for your purchase.

I've done this twice so far in the steps above with the Once Upon A Time coupon and the Castle coupon. Should be no different, though letting the register activate the gift card is key.[/QUOTE]

That is soooo sneaky! I'll try it that way. Thanks.

bread's done
Back