Best Buy Ad 9/2-9/8: Free Destiny 2 with any game $29.99 and Up | FIFA/NHL Trade-in Promo Returns

tyrok

CAGiversary!
New Releases Available Tuesday:

• :ps4: Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age Edition of Light $59.99
  • :ps4: 428: Shibuya Scramble $49.99
  • :ps4: Blade Strangers $39.99
  • :ps4: ZONE OF THE ENDERS: The 2nd RUNNER - M∀RS $29.99
  • :switch: GOD WARS The Complete Legend $39.99
New Releases Available Friday:

[*]:xb1: :ps4: NBA LIVE 19 The One Edition $59.99
[*]:xb1: :ps4: NASCAR Heat 3 $59.99
[*]:xb1: :ps4: Immortal: Unchained $49.99
[*]:switch: SNK HEROINES -Tag Team Frenzy- $49.99
[*]:3ds: Yo-Kai Watch Blasters: White Dog Squad $39.99
[*]:3ds: Yo-Kai Watch Blasters: Red Cat $39.99
Everything Else:

• PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB Limited Edition Marvel's Spider-Man Console Bundle $399.99 (Available Friday)
  • Save $10 on 12-Months of PlayStation Plus with purchase of a PlayStation 4 Console
  • DualShock 4 Wireless Controller for Sony PlayStation 4 - Magma Red $59.99 Save $5
  • HyperX Cloud Core Wired Gaming Headset for PlayStation 4 and PC $59.99 Save $10
  • Save $30 on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey or Splatoon 2 with purchase of a Nintendo Switch Console
  • Get Destiny 2 Free with any game $29.99 and up or Turtle Beach Headset
  • Get your Free Legendary Latias or Latios Pokemon in-stores (https://postimg.cc/image/vqghzjkxj/)
  • Save 25% on Pokemon Cards and Toys
  • Trade in FIFA 18 and get a $10 coupon toward FIFA 19 (Valid 9/2-9/30, coupon expires 10/7)
  • Trade in NHL 18 and get a $10 coupon toward NHL 19 (Valid 9/2-9/16, coupon expires 9/23)
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• Adrift $19.99 Save $3
  • Hereditary $19.99 Save $8
  • Hereditary 4K $24.99 Save $5
  • Bad Boys I & II 4K $29.99
  • Bad Boys I & II 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $34.99
  • Supernatural: Season Thirteen $36.99 Save $6

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like a idiot but i just went ahead and preordered the new Tomb Raider to get the $10 certificate and Destiny 2, but while i did it i seemed to have forgotten that i recently moved and had TR shipped to my old address.

Can i contact them tomorrow and get them to change the address or do i need to cancel (and possibly lose Destiny 2) and reorder?

At least online, the free copies of Destiny 2 apply to preorders, and they're tied to the platform of the $29.99+ game.  I don't seem to get the offer with Switch games.

So, I cancelled and re-ordered a couple of games, so now I have Destiny 2 coming on both the XB1 and PS4, one of which I'll give as a gift to someone who probably won't care, but whatever. And even though the XB1 game I preordered isn't coming out till late next month, its corresponding free copy of D2 is coming this week.  Yay?

The Crash Trilogy (Switch) is on sale for $29.99 ($23.99 if you still have GCU).  Lowest price the Switch version has been yet (PS4 version has been below $20 at least once).

Once stores open, I'm eager to hear if you can cross-platform the purchased game with the free Destiny.

The Destiny 2 promo seems really erratic online.  I was able to get a free XBox One copy of Destiny 2 just now with a preorder of Salt and Sanctuary for Switch, but I can't seem to get either version to pair with a Tomb Raider preorder, or even with an order of an in-stock game (Yoku's Island Express).  Lame.

Good morning fellow CAG members, I have a question about the free Destiny 2

As everybody knows Spider Man releases this coming Friday, but i placed the pre order in April, am I going to get Destiny 2 because Spider Man releases on the week of this "deal" or it doesn't count because of the date of the pre order

BTW, Destiny 2 is not for me, already got it free from PS Plus, going to be a birthday gift

that Destiny 2 could make a decent gift (i personally don't hate the game, but it's also not great).
how exactly does it work? i put kirby in my cart just to see if it adds automatically and it didnt

Edit: oh ok, you add destiny 2 manually and it'll say free. physical copy too

Edit 2: Unfortunately, nothing else i want for sale and this deal isn't good enough to make me buy a game at full msrp

The Destiny 2 promo seems really erratic online. I was able to get a free XBox One copy of Destiny 2 just now with a preorder of Salt and Sanctuary for Switch, but I can't seem to get either version to pair with a Tomb Raider preorder, or even with an order of an in-stock game (Yoku's Island Express). Lame.
Ah, I figured it out now. Destiny 2 is automatically added to your cart as long as you're ordering a PS4 or XBox One game, whereas it has to be added manually to your cart for the system of your choice if you order a Switch game.

FYI, the free Destiny 2 deal works even if GCU brings the price down from $29.99. Just added Crash Trilogy to my cart, says $23.99 for that, and free D2 below it.

Anyone figure out how to get it work for the PC version of Destiny 2?  It does say the PC sku applies for the deal on the  weekly ad.

Decent deal to get a digital copy with Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom steelbook. Then you can sell the digital copy that comes with it as well.

Can someone confirm if you preorder the D2 Legendary is the cayde stash a preorder code or a code that comes in the case?

FYI, the free Destiny 2 deal works even if GCU brings the price down from $29.99. Just added Crash Trilogy to my cart, says $23.99 for that, and free D2 below it.
Would just liek to say.... not in store.

Just went through 20 min of BS to get my free destiny 2 copy (to trade back in lol)

As soon as gcu is added, the “thresh hold of 29.99” is no longer met.
First they tried to say it was a digital copy ill get the code in the email after pickup..
I pointed out that in the pickup shelf there was a copy of destiny 2 with another game.. the manager was confused.

Then he said that since GCU is one offer.. it cancels out the other. I mentioned that it shouldnt except on a price match. He was even more confused.

In the end i walked out with crash on switch and destiny 2 for xbox 1 ( ps4 trades for $2 xbox 1 $3 btw)

Little frustrating, at least the normal clerk was understanding, his personal gcu ran out last month.

Would just liek to say.... not in store.

Just went through 20 min of BS to get my free destiny 2 copy (to trade back in lol)

As soon as gcu is added, the “thresh hold of 29.99” is no longer met.
First they tried to say it was a digital copy ill get the code in the email after pickup..
I pointed out that in the pickup shelf there was a copy of destiny 2 with another game.. the manager was confused.

Then he said that since GCU is one offer.. it cancels out the other. I mentioned that it shouldnt except on a price match. He was even more confused.

In the end i walked out with crash on switch and destiny 2 for xbox 1 ( ps4 trades for $2 xbox 1 $3 btw)

Little frustrating, at least the normal clerk was understanding, his personal gcu ran out last month.
Is 20 minutes of frustration really worth $3 store credit though?

More of the point, F best buy.
Almost just opened the game right there and started the turn in.

Besides i said it was BS... wasn't frustrated. Probably half that time was just waiting anyway. 

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask but these weekly BBY threads appear to be the most active.

I have a preorder for Battlefield 5 with some gift card credit applied.  Would I have to re-apply the gift card if I changed the credit card as the source paymentI used to place it originally, or would it carry over automatically?  I've probably tossed out the GC since I placed the preorder back in June, but I might still have it somewhere.

TIA

If anyone can help. I just moved but have a pre-order for Spider Man under a different address / card information. Will I be able to update that information closer to launch? Currently it only allows me to change the pick up person and nothing else.

If anyone can help. I just moved but have a pre-order for Spider Man under a different address / card information. Will I be able to update that information closer to launch? Currently it only allows me to change the pick up person and nothing else.
Once it tries to charge you and fails, I believe you'll have a 24 hour window to update the payment information using the website. They should be automatically sending you an email about this when it happens.

Activision are scrambling hard to get Destiny 2 relevant again, giving copies away for free, but it will be futile going up against the deluge of games coming out this week and the weeks after.

They should have got this done sometime during the drought.

Gonna have to pay me money to forget about Spider-Man, Dragon Quest 11, Tomb Raider, and the rest.

Removed Destiny 2: Forsaken Legendary Collection and Tropico 6 from the OP. It doesn't appear that stores will have copies of either tomorrow.

Any gamestop employees know if you will have Spider-Man ps4 bundles on hand Friday? They have the best trade in value for OG ps4s that I've seen.

From having asked several stores, appears their allotment is limited to pre-orders. That's either legit info or corporate speak. Best to just keep checking in.

Do MyBestBuy Rewards still offer at least $5 certificate on your birthday month?
Not in my case. I am currently being offered 10% off any regular priced item on the website (there are some restrictions, like no video game systems). It will work out to more or less than the $5 certificate depending on the item I use it on. Looks like they are giving me about 45 days to use it.

Confirmed Legendary collection is just a vanilla D2 disc+a code for DLC, and the preorder DLC is inside of the case.

Confirmed Legendary collection is just a vanilla D2 disc+a code for DLC, and the preorder DLC is inside of the case.
I don't expect DLC to be on the physical disc at this point, so it's nothing out of the ordinary.

But this just got me thinking of the scummy tactics Activision had partaken in and the road they are going down.

First was the rumors that the new COD would be the first to not have a traditional campaign. It turned out to be true.

Next, was that the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, a purely single-player game, would only have one out of the three games on disc. The other two would have to be downloaded. This would make reselling, or second-hand market value nearly worthless.

And of course the skinner box, crap game that is Destiny 2. The game that is so worthless it's given out for free like AOL discs. They basically re-released the game again but as a full digital only title, and use the original Destiny 2 as a gateway. Sneaky fucks.

I fully expect that the new Call of Duty Black Ops 4 price to plummet the same way as Destiny 2, now since it's more purely multi-player focused. Don't be a fool and buy it Day 1. Just don't buy it at all, actually.

I want Shibuya but kinda want to wait for price drop. Just hope it riesnt become a rarity later on.
I doubt it has a large print-run. Isn't it being published by Spike Chunsoft? They didn't do a very large print run on Fire Pro Wrestling World, which I'd say is a lot more popular of a game. I'm not all that interested in Shibuya, but I'd expect most stores to get a couple of copies each at best. My local Best Buys and Gamestops all seemed to get 2 copies of Fire Pro last week outside pre-orders.

I doubt it has a large print-run. Isn't it being published by Spike Chunsoft? They didn't do a very large print run on Fire Pro Wrestling World, which I'd say is a lot more popular of a game. I'm not all that interested in Shibuya, but I'd expect most stores to get a couple of copies each at best. My local Best Buys and Gamestops all seemed to get 2 copies of Fire Pro last week outside pre-orders.
I'm sure some actual BBY employees like Tyrok will be able to provide more accurate per-store numbers, but, anecdotally, I just picked up 428: Shibuya and ZoE 2nd Runner from my local store and saw no other copies of either out on the floor. It's one of the larger stores in the area too, so they usually have more inventory of limited items (like the Black Panther/Infinity War steelbooks).

Not in my case. I am currently being offered 10% off any regular priced item on the website (there are some restrictions, like no video game systems). It will work out to more or less than the $5 certificate depending on the item I use it on. Looks like they are giving me about 45 days to use it.
Nice, I'll keep an eye on that email if I get one.

Random but just realized that I can still get day one games at Sam's Club or Costco for $52 when GCU ends. Not the best deal but works for now if I truly want to pick up a game as soon as it releases.

Random but just realized that I can still get day one games at Sam's Club or Costco for $52 when GCU ends. Not the best deal but works for now if I truly want to pick up a game as soon as it releases.
My Costco and Sam's Club have very few games typically and it's only ever bigger mainstream releases like first-party Nintendo games or stuff like Madden 19. Still not a bad deal with all of these discount programs going away. I have GCU until November and outside the games, I have pre-ordered I'll mostly buy my new games at Gamestop while I still have the Elite Pro membership, I also live very close to Gamestop so the convenience is also nice.

Had a disappointing experience in-store last night. Picked up my copy of DQXI and wanted to grab my Destiny 2 to just give it to a friend. For some odd reason the customer service rep refused to scan the game and said marketing messed up and I have to buy a headset to get the game. I know he was full of crap but I didn’t fight him, just went home called BB Customer Service and am having a copy shipped to me for free.

Just a little disappointing is all, not a huge deal.

That's bullshit. It barely happens but something needs to happen to stores that try to swindle you into making their numbers go up.

Had that happen at GS a few years ago with the NES Classic. All customers were told at this one store to buy a controller with the classic. I refused b/c I don't want it and I know the rules. They refused to sell it to me unless I bought it though and it was the last one. I end up buying it but went to another GS and returned the controller. Called CS, they were astounded to hear a store would do that. Gave them my information and was told I would get a call back.

Few days later I got a call back from the RM saying how thipat isn't how GS operates and that store will be punished. I thought it was fluff but she invited me to her store to talk in person / come up with a solution.

I went to her store and she tried to offer me a few things that I didn't want. I just wanted hat store to never do that again. That's when she offered me to get 50% off any game (no consoles) at that store if I wanted. I agreed, went back to that store, got some CE with the same employee that rang me up the first time. Told him to never lie to customers in order to get numbers. He ignored me (which I figured he would) and I left with my cheap CE.

It is hilarious that even after all these months of more or less giving Destiny 2 away BB still has an insane amount of copies. It's like an STD...no matter how hard they try, they just can't seem to get rid of that damn game.

bread's done
Back