Best Buy Ad 9/2-9/8: Free Destiny 2 with any game $29.99 and Up | FIFA/NHL Trade-in Promo Returns

tyrok

CAGiversary!
New Releases Available Tuesday:

• :ps4: Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age Edition of Light $59.99
  • :ps4: 428: Shibuya Scramble $49.99
  • :ps4: Blade Strangers $39.99
  • :ps4: ZONE OF THE ENDERS: The 2nd RUNNER - M∀RS $29.99
  • :switch: GOD WARS The Complete Legend $39.99
New Releases Available Friday:

[*]:xb1: :ps4: NBA LIVE 19 The One Edition $59.99
[*]:xb1: :ps4: NASCAR Heat 3 $59.99
[*]:xb1: :ps4: Immortal: Unchained $49.99
[*]:switch: SNK HEROINES -Tag Team Frenzy- $49.99
[*]:3ds: Yo-Kai Watch Blasters: White Dog Squad $39.99
[*]:3ds: Yo-Kai Watch Blasters: Red Cat $39.99
Everything Else:

• PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB Limited Edition Marvel's Spider-Man Console Bundle $399.99 (Available Friday)
  • Save $10 on 12-Months of PlayStation Plus with purchase of a PlayStation 4 Console
  • DualShock 4 Wireless Controller for Sony PlayStation 4 - Magma Red $59.99 Save $5
  • HyperX Cloud Core Wired Gaming Headset for PlayStation 4 and PC $59.99 Save $10
  • Save $30 on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey or Splatoon 2 with purchase of a Nintendo Switch Console
  • Get Destiny 2 Free with any game $29.99 and up or Turtle Beach Headset
  • Get your Free Legendary Latias or Latios Pokemon in-stores (https://postimg.cc/image/vqghzjkxj/)
  • Save 25% on Pokemon Cards and Toys
  • Trade in FIFA 18 and get a $10 coupon toward FIFA 19 (Valid 9/2-9/30, coupon expires 10/7)
  • Trade in NHL 18 and get a $10 coupon toward NHL 19 (Valid 9/2-9/16, coupon expires 9/23)
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• Adrift $19.99 Save $3
  • Hereditary $19.99 Save $8
  • Hereditary 4K $24.99 Save $5
  • Bad Boys I & II 4K $29.99
  • Bad Boys I & II 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $34.99
  • Supernatural: Season Thirteen $36.99 Save $6

Last edited by a moderator:
hilarious. It even auto adds it to cart for you on most items. :lol:

What if this free destiny is all a part of a grand scheme Best Buy has to ban as many remaining GCU members as possible
I had to drop one of them because I ended up with 3 orders this week that would have put me over the limit in the rolling year [DOTD Crash for Switch; DQ11 because fuck yes, and Spiderman because fuck yes]

So, it's 3 of the same game on the same platform that gets you banned right? A person could hypothetically be okay with getting 2 PS4 versions and 2 X1 versions within a year? 

So, it's 3 of the same game on the same platform that gets you banned right? A person could hypothetically be okay with getting 2 PS4 versions and 2 X1 versions within a year?
You are limited to 3 per platform, per year - so you could go 3 PS4 and 3 X1. The 4th is the bad one.

You are limited to 3 per platform, per year - so you could go 3 PS4 and 3 X1. The 4th is the bad one.
Okay, whew, glad to know I'm safe in that case lol. Best Buy chat tells me that receiving the free item will not count, but since I saw the earlier post I'm conflicted. Either way, I haven't gone past 3 so I suppose it doesn't really matter. Thanks!

There's some additional nonsense surrounding price matches, returns, and special editions.

The common wisdom right now is: Price matches count against your 3 per system. All purchases, even if returned, count against your 3 per system. Some special editions count the same as some the non-special editions.

As for the special edition stuff, I believe it works like this: 2 Spider-Man and 1 CE Spider-Man will count as 3 total, whereas 1 Horizon Zero Dawn and 1 Horizon Zero Dawn "Complete Edition" are separate because they're effectively different releases.

Either way I don't trust Best Buy after they closed my GCU for buying Zelda 4x, even though I returned 1 and 1 was a price match (not GCU). I would advise to not push the limit if you need GCU.

Okay, whew, glad to know I'm safe in that case lol. Best Buy chat tells me that receiving the free item will not count, but since I saw the earlier post I'm conflicted. Either way, I haven't gone past 3 so I suppose it doesn't really matter. Thanks!
Online purchase just listed it as free, but the in store purchase showed

Destiny 20. 4$ off gcu bundle
16$ off gaming bundle for the actual purchase.

That tells me it absolutely counts towarsa GCU. As the guy below you said, not worth risking any reason for them to shutdown your GCU early.

I'm good to Feb 2020 if they don't pull some Amazon type stuff and end it early. Hopeful that they honor it since the program is specifically for the discount compared to Prime it is just a perk, though I fully expect more and more restrictions.

I still can't fathom why a brick & mortar store with paper weekly adverts would advertise Destiny Forsaken Collection and yet not have ANY copies in-store for those who just, you know, go to the store to buy things...

I still can't fathom why a brick & mortar store with paper weekly adverts would advertise Destiny Forsaken Collection and yet not have ANY copies in-store for those who just, you know, go to the store to buy things...
The paper ad only mentions the free vanilla copy. Preorder cards in stores were only for the digital PS4 version.

The paper ad only mentions the free vanilla copy.
Didn't realize they change it for online. It shows forsaken on page 15 just above free vanilla version.

On the bright side, they're still accepting orders for shipping or store pickup despite not stocking any in-store.

Would it be so hard for them to send 2-3 copies to each store?

To rope you into going into the store so that you'd hopefully walk out with something you never intended to buy?

Didn't realize they change it for online. It shows forsaken on page 15 just above free vanilla version.

On the bright side, they're still accepting orders for shipping or store pickup despite not stocking any in-store.

Would it be so hard for them to send 2-3 copies to each store?
They are probably in no rush since it's just the same disc they are giving out for free plus a dlc code.

How much does it cost anyway to get a free copy to the current update?

To rope you into going into the store so that you'd hopefully walk out with something you never intended to buy?
Hah, super-ironically enough, I never intended to buy Forsaken this year but they roped me in with the bow. Worst of all, now i have to go in-store just to pick up my free bonus copy of D2.
How much does it cost anyway to get a free copy to the current update?
The Forsaken collection for $60/$48GCU is absolutely everything from Vanilla until now. Next year will be 3 smaller addons but this is the big change equivalent to The Taken King from D1.

The 20% discount on DLC codes hidden in a physical package is exactly why I'm biting now against my CAG sensibilities.

If you ordered 2K19 Anniversary Edition, check your email, Best Buy offering a $20 coupon for delays in shipment.
fuck I dropped the ball on pre-ordering earlier this week maybe because I was still on the fence.

But seeing this, it's got me kicking myself for not pre-ordering. Ugh. Now my plan is to stop by in store to see if they have any in stock but I assume that they aren't.

Might just have to take advantage of the get $15 back PSN promo instead.

In the store now. They seem to not have any destiny 2 games left but everyone is asking for it. Line is held up trying to figure out what to do.

Store only got 4 of the CE in stock and they are for preorders.

EDIT: No one got Destiny 2 for preordering the CE before this week. Said if it isn't on the order there is nothing they can do.

EDIT2: Was given a gift card via CS for them not being able to fulfill the advertised deal.

I ordered a physical copy of Spider-Man for my brother back in May and I just realized that I never got an e-mail with the code for the pre-order bonuses. Anyone else have this issue?

Pre-Ordered Psyvariar Delta and RDR2 on the website. For Psyvariar Delta when I added D2 it was $0.00. They shipped it to me iwth no issues.

RDR2 Pre-Order was D2 automatically added to my cart. Shipped it to my house.

Both pre-orders they shipped me for free D2.

Good luck everybody getting their copies!

In the store now. They seem to not have any destiny 2 games left but everyone is asking for it. Line is held up trying to figure out what to do.

EDIT: No one got Destiny 2 for preordering the CE before this week. Said if it isn't on the order there is nothing they can do.

EDIT2: Was given a gift card via CS for them not being able to fulfill the advertised deal.
Bought 3 games this week. Would have MUCH rather had giftcards than Destiby 2 repeatedly lol

Just a heads up on those that still have GCU. Went to pre-order a 2nd Spider-Man (birthday gift) yesterday. My GCU expires on the 6th, too bad no one told Best Buy. Som bitch rang up as $60, you are just the worst Best Buy. Even tried another game, no GCU discount.
Be wise my fellow CAGs.

Just a heads up on those that still have GCU. Went to pre-order a 2nd Spider-Man (birthday gift) yesterday. My GCU expires on the 6th, too bad no one told Best Buy. Som bitch rang up as $60, you are just the worst Best Buy. Even tried another game, no GCU discount.
Be wise my fellow CAGs.
So if you deposit $5 pre order instore when u still have gcu and pick it up after ur gcu expires then no more gcu discount? But if you pre order and fully pay it off before ur gcu expires, then you’re good? If so, looks like I’d have to save up and pre order games I want for next year before my gcu expires November lol

I ordered a physical copy of Spider-Man for my brother back in May and I just realized that I never got an e-mail with the code for the pre-order bonuses. Anyone else have this issue?
Yeah.

I pre-ordered a copy for myself in May, and I didn't get a code, nor did I get the usual "hey, we've updated your order with this code!" notification.

I pre-ordered a copy last month for my kid brother's birthday next week, and I did get a code for that one.

Since these were separate orders, I should've gotten a code for both. Plenty of other people are complaining about this on Best Buy's forums, so I guess there's just a really widespread issue.

More annoyingly, both copies "shipped", but they haven't actually been picked up from the distribution center. So, I'm guessing I'm not going to be playing Spider-Man anytime soon.

Yeah.

I pre-ordered a copy for myself in May, and I didn't get a code, nor did I get the usual "hey, we've updated your order with this code!" notification.

I pre-ordered a copy last month for my kid brother's birthday next week, and I did get a code for that one.

Since these were separate orders, I should've gotten a code for both. Plenty of other people are complaining about this on Best Buy's forums, so I guess there's just a really widespread issue.

More annoyingly, both copies "shipped", but they haven't actually been picked up from the distribution center. So, I'm guessing I'm not going to be playing Spider-Man anytime soon.
Good to know I'm not the only one. I know someone who said they got their code yesterday but didn't get the game yet, meanwhile, I got the game early yesterday and still haven't heard anything.

My pre-orders finally left the fulfillment center about a half hour ago. I won't get 'em until Monday, which is a drag.

Be wise my fellow CAGs.
In-store pre-orders don't reflect the GCU price until the game is actually released and paid in full.

Online pre-orders reflect the discount immediately.

I'm gonna go ahead and call CC, I mean I didn't get either thing that was advertised so if it is possible for me to get a GC then I am all for it.

I am a GCU member THROUGH September 8th. Tried to order a few games on the 7th, and now on the 8th. No discount applied. WTF Best Buy?!

Sounds like GCU doesn't apply to preorders after it expires even with it being ordered before the expiration date. Don't even blame BB, trying to get all the money they can. Not with me though, GCU ends and I'll probably stop shopping there regularly for games.

It wouldn't even apply my GCU discount for in stock orders, even though it says I am a member THROUGH 9/8/2018 on my account page.

Be wise my fellow CAGs.
GCU should have applied if you bought it online before the 6th. Pre-ordering it in-store doesn't guarantee GCU unless it will still be active when you pick up the game - that's when the purchase is finalized in the system.

If your GCU isn't applying to anything, then call 1-888-Best Buy and they should be able to get it applied to an order. In-store, all that can be done is a manual discount of the 20% if the GCU is still active when you buy a game.

But in store, on the 6th, the full price was there. No down payment. The full $60, NO discount.
I tried Crash N Sane Trilogy on Switch, NO GCU there either, even though I had it thru the 6th.
The point is BB is discontinuing GCU BEFORE your end date.
Just like Folnevar is referring to, their GCU got nuked early too.

So if you deposit $5 pre order instore when u still have gcu and pick it up after ur gcu expires then no more gcu discount? But if you pre order and fully pay it off before ur gcu expires, then you’re good? If so, looks like I’d have to save up and pre order games I want for next year before my gcu expires November lol
On the 6th, while I was trying to pre-order Spider-Man
a 2nd time, there was no option for XX.xx down, it was the entire amount. Having GCU would still take 20% off. But Best Buy nuked the end date by at least a day early. As far as actually pre-ordering with GCU & picking up after if expires, can't tell you. Though there was a thread saying they were allowing it but that seems iffy.

Spiderman came with a 1 month free code for Marvel.com/unlimited

Play0618tc74c106mymusnaw

If anyone wants. I won't use it

Online preorders don't have k-mart ghetto layaway nonsense. You purchase it for the price it costs (with or without GCU). If you want GCU discounts for a game that will release after yours expires, then preorder it online, not in-store. That's the long and short of it. If you don't have the money/credit to preorder, then don't buy brand new $60 games.

The last day you can use GCU is the day before the date listed. It expires ON the date listed.
Except per Best Buy's actual wording, "Your Gamers Club Unlocked membership is valid through Sep. 6, 2018"
"Continuing in time toward the completion of (a process or period)". Pretty clear it should've been active Thursday.

Except per Best Buy's actual wording, "Your Gamers Club Unlocked membership is valid through Sep. 6, 2018"
"Continuing in time toward the completion of (a process or period)". Pretty clear it should've been active Thursday.
I picked Madden Hall of Fame edition with GCU on release day 8/7, my GCU unlocked expired 8/8. Tried to pre-order BFV using the $10 reward on the 8th and my GCU was gone.

bread's done
Back