Best Buy and Target Weekly Ads 8/19-8/25

mossfan563

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
Best Buy

Unfortunately, no Gaming Blowout 3.0 is in the ad so who knows if it'll happen.
Anyways, here's what's in the ad.

100% Trade-In Credit on Any Game

3DS Game MSRP Prices ($39.99) for:
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Mario Tennis Open
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land

Free DS Universal Hard Case with the purchase of a 3DS or 3DS XL.
3DS XL - $199.99
3DS - $169.99

Buy 1 Skylanders Character, Get one free!
All characters are $8.99 each.

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack :)ps3:,:360:,:wii:) - $69.99

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron :)ps3:,:360:) - $59.99
Buy the game and get a code to download five Transformers "More than Meets the Eye" episodes (comic books).

Target

MSRP for 3DS XL and 3DS.
3DS Game MSRP Prices ($39.99) for:
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Mario Tennis Open
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron :)ps3:,:360:) - $59.99

SALE
Mario and Sonic London Olympics 2012 (3DS) - $29.99
Need for Speed: The Run :)ps3:,:360:) - $14.99
Just Dance 3: (Target Edition?) :)ps3:,:360:,:wii:) - $19.99
Star Wars: The Old Republic :)pc:) - $7.49
Wipeout 2 :)360:) - $19.99
Cars 2 :)ds:) - $17.49
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier :)ps3:,:360:) - $41.99
Max Payne 3 :)ps3:,:360:,:pc:) - $41.99
NCAA Football 13 :)ps3:,:360:) - $41.99

[quote name='Velo214']dragon's dogma doesnt come with any online code or new incase dlc does it?[/QUOTE]
Nope, the only way to get some of the DLC was pre-order but it's on the store now for purchase otherwise. It was all just starter gear anyway. The only thing new copies ever came with is access to the RE6 demo, which starts in about two weeks.

[quote name='confoosious']

However, they're not losing 100% of the money on the coupons either. The publisher is footing most or all of the bill.[/QUOTE]

The publisher is footing most or all of the bill? So why not lower the price of these games at all the stores so that more copies are sold? (which I am assuming that's the publisher's intention).

[quote name='Althax']I'm not familiar with skylanders. If I had my pick what 2 characters would you guys reccomend for the buy 1 get 1?[/QUOTE]

Depends on what you're looking for. If you just have the starter pack, I'd recommend getting at least one Skylander from each element just so you can complete all the challenges in the game. The starter pack only comes with Magic, Water, and Tech. There really aren't many characters you can go wrong with; even if they seem useless at first nearly all the characters become quite awesome once leveled up. Drobot is an absolute beast when fully upgraded.

Personally I would go with ones that are harder to find if you can actually manage to get them. Wham Shell, Warnado, and Camo are the three hardest to track down right now IMO.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']If I ask BB to PM Fry's for a 3DS XL (take $20 off so it's $180), will they still give me that DS Universal Hard Case or will they tell me I can only pick one or the other (free case or $20 off for PM'ing Fry's)?

If they let me do both then I'm going to PM NSMB2 also ($30 vs $40) because I'm too lazy to drive to Fry's, LOL! After tax, that's still $13 cheaper than NewEgg ($227 vs $240) for both console & game.[/QUOTE]

I just went to my Best Buy and they match both the 3DS XL and NSMB2 with the Fry's ad I showed them on my phone. I scored the last red 3DS XL. Plus I got the free case, although it took forever for them to find them. I just made sure to ask at checkout to price match and it was all good. Transferring all my data to the new 3DS now.

[quote name='oasisboy']The publisher is footing most or all of the bill? So why not lower the price of these games at all the stores so that more copies are sold? (which I am assuming that's the publisher's intention).[/QUOTE]

It's the same reason there are sunday coupons instead of just lowering the price of the toothpaste or whatever. You keep the "retail" price high while allowing deal seekers to think they're getting a good deal. Meanwhile you're also segmenting your customers. Some people are perfectly willing to pay $60 for games.

Anyone have impressions of the hard case that comes free with the 3DSXL from Best Buy? I'm looking at the pictures online and it looks a bit better than I thought it would for a free case but does it actually hold the XL comfortably?

[quote name='Takeo Rey']I just went to my Best Buy and they match both the 3DS XL and NSMB2 with the Fry's ad I showed them on my phone. I scored the last red 3DS XL. Plus I got the free case, although it took forever for them to find them. I just made sure to ask at checkout to price match and it was all good. Transferring all my data to the new 3DS now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation. Yeah, they were able to do the same for me. Couldn't pass up the fact it was on sale for $20 off the console & $10 off a Nintendo-made game right at its launch in addition to the free case. Overall, we saved ~$50 ($20 + $10 + $16 + plus tax). This is my 1st Nintendo portable console in 5 - 6 years so I'm excited! I couldn't decide which color so he was nice enough to open both boxes next to each other so I can compare. Was a tough choice since they both looked great in that matte finish but in the end, I picked red.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Anyone have impressions of the hard case that comes free with the 3DSXL from Best Buy? I'm looking at the pictures online and it looks a bit better than I thought it would for a free case but does it actually hold the XL comfortably?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it holds it quite well! Width wise, it's perfect & there's a ~5mm gap on each side (length) without the foam insert for a regular DS (I think). The surrounding's comprised of soft plastic so it won't scratch it. The divider's made of a soft cotton fabic. Holds 6 games + 2 stylus. I've shaken it & I don't hear the 3DS moving, LOL! FWIW, it's on clearance at BB for $16 & available in at least 4 different colors (black, blue, violet & pink). Overall, I'm happy with it. My only complaint is that I wish it had room for the charger but no biggie especially for a free item.

[quote name='Takeo Rey']I just went to my Best Buy and they match both the 3DS XL and NSMB2 with the Fry's ad I showed them on my phone. I scored the last red 3DS XL. Plus I got the free case, although it took forever for them to find them. I just made sure to ask at checkout to price match and it was all good. Transferring all my data to the new 3DS now.[/QUOTE]

So did I. The nearest Fry's is 4 hours away and luckily a former student of mine was working hooking me up with the same deal. Except I got the blue 3DS XL (which looks way better in person than it does online).

[quote name='Enuf']I'm hoping they'll have these packets in-store soon. I'd gladly pay $15 for the coupons during the right deal LOL & at the rate they have worthwhile deals I'd be unlocked till 2020.

If you pre-order thru the site or did in-store p/u you gotta call to get the pm. If you got the game in-store you can either call or goto the store. Remember though if you paid cash in-store you'd need to go to the store to get the cash back otherwise you gonna get a GC or RZ points back.

Super YMMV it's not a "GIFT CARD" it's a gaming coupon which BB most likely won't recognize. used to be policy but it changed. However, when it comes to big ticket items you have some flexability to get the exception. Offering to get the warranty is almost a sure fire way to get even the most YMMV pm.[/QUOTE]

Called today and got 19.11 back on my card, thanks again, will monitor price changes on upcoming games since I did a lot of preorders due to the $20 reward zone promo

[quote name='Jodou']Nope, the only way to get some of the DLC was pre-order but it's on the store now for purchase otherwise. It was all just starter gear anyway. The only thing new copies ever came with is access to the RE6 demo, which starts in about two weeks.[/QUOTE]

Actually the demo started last month.

I got the free case from Best Buy. After using it just one time my 3ds xl screen got scratched, guess it was too snug in there. I've heard screen scratching issues too.....i should have known better. :cry:

[quote name='MadB00tleg']Actually the demo started last month.[/QUOTE]
Not for PS3 owners; guess M$ paid for firsts again.

[quote name='Stimes']Best Buy had :360:Dead Rising 2 OTR on clearance for $10 today. YMMV I'm sure.[/QUOTE]All u need is the store # or phone # & any other BB can call to confirm the price & match it. Doesn't even have to be in stock either.

[quote name='oasisboy']I don't understand how $5 or $15 "additional revenue" balances the $10 or $20 coupons.

Also, the profit on new games is barely a few dollars so I don't know how Best Buy is making $$$ with those coupons. GameStop makes a majority of their profit from selling used games, they mostly break even on new games. Best Buy is in the crapper with profits dropping like flies based on their restructure costs... mobile is where the $$$ is coming from, not from games.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/abrambr...lide-nearly-40-nears-end-of-big-box-closures/[/QUOTE] Mobile is high profit b/c of the 2 yr contracts. When it comes to the GC you need to factor in all of the variables like BB does. There's a large portion of people who will buy more stuff just by coming in the store, BB can get add ons like the scratch insurance on the games(LOL), the $5/$15 is on top of what's being paid for the game, new games fuel the used game market, there's alot of people who are getting more than 1 $5 mag & subscribers also buy singles too. The ad revenue has to be accounted for as well.

[quote name='confoosious']the 5 and $15 "purchases" are nothing as far as revenue is concerned.

However, they're not losing 100% of the money on the coupons either. The publisher is footing most or all of the bill.[/QUOTE]far from nothing you gotta look deeper into the #'s. Say there's 5 million paid unlocked members that's $75 million or to better put it in perspective 1,250,000 games sold at full $60 MSRP. Now they've generated that amount of money w/o an item being sold just the mag.
And then there's the hardheaded people who foolishly pay $5 per mag & end up putting out $30+ a yr or more instead of just subscribing or they put out $30+ & then another $15 on sub in the same yr.
When you really break it down it's like a membership club so there's a true benefit in that. Not to mention the fact that with large #'s of mags being sold BB can then increase the cost for the advertisers which will lead to better deals going forward which increase mag/sub sales & the cycle continues in the customers favor.

[quote name='Big Skeet']I got the free case from Best Buy. After using it just one time my 3ds xl screen got scratched, guess it was too snug in there. I've heard screen scratching issues too.....i should have known better. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that. :cry: I've haven't heard of any screen issues but I guess I haven't browsed much lately. You've got me concerned about screen scratches now. I better get a screen protector then.

The Target in Monroe Michigan at the mall has Max Payne 3 for 39.99. And it comes with a free copy of GTA IV. They are bundled together, Max Payne 3 in its original case, GTA IV in a platinum hits case and then wrapped up together. Says they were a Target exclusive.

Question for the OP, Midnight Metal, htz, or whoever else this may apply to. Any chance you have the ad for next week up either today or morning/afternoon tomorrow? I need a new PS3 ASAP and if I know there is a deal next week, I'll wait till Sunday. But I'd like to know quickly cause if not I want to buy one tomorrow. No rush, whenever you post it is appreciated by everyone, just wondering what the chances are of it being up soon.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']Sorry to hear that. :cry: I've haven't heard of any screen issues but I guess I haven't browsed much lately. You've got me concerned about screen scratches now. I better get a screen protector then.[/QUOTE] It's actually super small and you really have to look for it but i know it could prolly get worse. I probably would have never noticed if i wasnt looking for a scratch haha. I ordered a screen protector for the top screen to help me sleep better at night.

[quote name='JP73']Question for the OP, Midnight Metal, htz, or whoever else this may apply to. Any chance you have the ad for next week up either today or morning/afternoon tomorrow? I need a new PS3 ASAP and if I know there is a deal next week, I'll wait till Sunday. But I'd like to know quickly cause if not I want to buy one tomorrow. No rush, whenever you post it is appreciated by everyone, just wondering what the chances are of it being up soon.[/QUOTE]

I second this. Im in no need for a ps3 (well at the current moment, im not), but I know to expect it late wednesday-early thursday. Thanks

[quote name='Carbonite']The Target in Monroe Michigan at the mall has Max Payne 3 for 39.99. And it comes with a free copy of GTA IV. They are bundled together, Max Payne 3 in its original case, GTA IV in a platinum hits case and then wrapped up together. Says they were a Target exclusive.[/QUOTE]
GTA IV Complete or vanilla?

[quote name='Big Skeet']It's actually super small and you really have to look for it but i know it could prolly get worse. I probably would have never noticed if i wasnt looking for a scratch haha. I ordered a screen protector for the top screen to help me sleep better at night.[/QUOTE]

OIC! Yeah, I need to order one too but not sure if I want one for the bottom screen as well.

[quote name='Big Skeet']I got the free case from Best Buy. After using it just one time my 3ds xl screen got scratched, guess it was too snug in there. I've heard screen scratching issues too.....i should have known better. :cry:[/QUOTE]

That sucks

I have been keeping mine in my case since I got it. there seems to be plenty of room. I never need to force it close and have had no problems so far. (I only use the case, because I have small children who think that they can use my 3DS as well).

[quote name='WingsDJY']GTA IV Complete or vanilla?[/QUOTE]

Its the Platinum Hits version so I don't think it has any of the extra stuff.

[quote name='WingsDJY']GTA IV Complete or vanilla?[/QUOTE]

It's the regular PH edition, the same one that was advertised when Max Payne 3 came out. They're leftover copies from the game's launch this past May.

So I finally got my free case for my 3DS XL (I pre-ordered online). I had to nag them in the best buy forums to get one. You would think they would automatically give it to you, but of course not...

So, grand total for my 3DS XL with tax was $165.06, which I'm pretty damn proud of.

$199.99 3DS XL
-$20 price match to Fry's Sunday promo
-$20 AMEX/Twitter Promo
-$10 credit for previous in-store pickup promo from B2G2 free promo
+$15.07 tax

[quote name='JP73']Question for the OP, Midnight Metal, htz, or whoever else this may apply to. Any chance you have the ad for next week up either today or morning/afternoon tomorrow? I need a new PS3 ASAP and if I know there is a deal next week, I'll wait till Sunday. But I'd like to know quickly cause if not I want to buy one tomorrow. No rush, whenever you post it is appreciated by everyone, just wondering what the chances are of it being up soon.[/QUOTE]

Saw the ad, and you can get MLB the Show for free with the purchase of the ps3 Madden bundle for $299.99. Not sure if thats the kinda deal you're looking for. Also, there's a PS Vita Madden bundle deal, you get a $50 Gift card with that purchase.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Saw the ad, and you can get MLB the Show for free with the purchase of the ps3 Madden bundle for $299.99. Not sure if thats the kinda deal you're looking for. Also, there's a PS Vita Madden bundle deal, you get a $50 Gift card with that purchase.[/QUOTE]

any ps3 games deal?

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Nope, no games on sale this week.[/QUOTE]

thanks for your quick reply, hope there is some unadvertise sales, or price drop.

Just a reminder I got best buy to pm nsmb2 no problem for $29.99. I just showed the cashier the page on my phone when I checked out from fry's even though the nearest one is 4 hours away and I never heard of the the store before I read about the deal on this site it was on their list of stores to pm from.

bread's done
Back