Best Buy B&M Clearance Sale - YMMV per store

massermind19

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
I just got back from Best Buy and they had a bin that had a bunch of games for 50% off. I picked up Midway Arcade Treasures 3 for $6.99! They had a bunch of GBA, XBOX, and PS2 games in the pile. I searched for other topics like this but I'm in a hurry...sorry if repost!

Can someone get a game list going....its a long drive to BB from my house. OP, did you see anything else good while you were there?

Best Buy is so YMMV, I'm not going to bother. The staff usually isn't very helpful when it comes to their sales, either.

[quote name='brianmoy']Best Buy is so YMMV, I'm not going to bother. The staff usually isn't very helpful when it comes to their sales, either.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, don't bother. I was at the Clackamas store for something else yesterday, so I can confirm there's nothing like this going on there.

[quote name='brianmoy']Best Buy is so YMMV, I'm not going to bother. The staff usually isn't very helpful when it comes to their sales, either.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, one of my BB has a table by the checkout area with clearance items every once in awhile while the other BB around me hardly ever has a clearance table. Both are about 20-25 miles from me so I need to know if there definitely is a deal before I drive to one.

I went to two Best Buy stores yesterday, no sale at either. One of them did have the penny guides and they were all actually marked at a penny, which was the first time I'd ever seen them do that. What was more surprising is that one person didn't come in and wipe them out. The other store had no penny guides...so either some one wiped them out or they tossed them.

aren't penny sales usually mean to take them off shelfs?? i used to work at macy's 34th in nyc and they would have items that were marked .01. that was a reference to the sales associate that it was not to be sold but to be donated for chairity.

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']aren't penny sales usually mean to take them off shelfs?? i used to work at macy's 34th in nyc and they would have items that were marked .01. that was a reference to the sales associate that it was not to be sold but to be donated for chairity.[/QUOTE]

At Best Buy it's different. They sometimes even print out 1 cent price tags and place them on the shelf for items that are marked down to a penny

Here's a good list of 50% off games that I saw while I was there today:

:xbox: XBOX

Karaoke Revolution
NBA LIVE 2005

:ps2: Playstation 2
Syphon Filter the Omega Strain
Midway Arcade Treasures 3
Rise of the Kasai

GBA

Fantastic 4

The bin was pretty picked over when I arrived today and I know there were a lot more titles that were good in the bin when I first posted I was just in a hurry. But that's some of the things they have left!

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']TRU has the Gamecube port for $10. :D[/QUOTE]

damn, Biaggi beat me by 2 whole days! j/k! yeah, what he said.

yup, BB clearances vary widely. AND because 'sometimes' the staff is either uninformed or not very helpful, you may or may not be able to get them to price-match with another BB. this can also vary due to 'special in-store bundles,' etc.

to be fair, BB also has well informed Game staff as well, but finding one is 50/50.

my best BB clearance scores were the GC zenith screens for $30 (got 2), thanks to CAG!.

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']aren't penny sales usually mean to take them off shelfs?? i used to work at macy's 34th in nyc and they would have items that were marked .01. that was a reference to the sales associate that it was not to be sold but to be donated for chairity.[/QUOTE]

Exactly... that is what EB and Best Buy are told to do with penny guides... it just doesn't happen at all stores... :) At the EB's I shop @ in Central Florida the guys that work at the stores pull them and dispose of them in their trunks... they make a few bucks off of Ebay on them.

( EB / Best buy are told to just dispose of them... Target gives to charity. )

My BB had a decent selection of clearanced games last week.

Pulled:
Ultimate Spider Man
Psychonauts
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath
Flatout
Jade Empire

All for about 65 dollars.

bread's done
Back