Best Buy Back to School Deals: 7/28/13-8/3/13 (God of War Ascension $20, Ni No Kuni $20, NFS: Most Wanted $15, NFL 13 $15)

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

Best Buy Back to School Deals - Main Page - 7/28/13-8/3/13
Add to cart to see sale price
:ps3: God of War: Ascension $19.99
:ps3: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch $19.99
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3- PlayStation 3 $19.99 ($9.99 after $10 off @gamer coupon)
:360: :ps3: Need for Speed Most Wanted $14.99
:360: :ps3: NFL 13 $14.99
:psp: :3ds: LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey $19.99
:3ds: Project X Zone $29.99
Video Game Deals - Best Buy Back to School Deals

Previous Week
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_&_dynSessConf=-8390886715918903930&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=GL_BTS_Video_Games_20130721&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&fs=&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Skylanders: Giants Portal Owners Pack - Nintendo 3DS $19.99
Nintendo Land $17.99
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 $19.99 *Wii U*
Tomb Raider $29.99
Battlefield 3 Premium $29.99
Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition - Nintendo Wii $7.99
LEGO Star Wars III — Play & Collect Limited Exclusive Edition - Nintendo DS $11.99
Crosswords Plus - Nintendo 3DS $4.99
Pokémon Conquest - Nintendo DS $14.99
Steel Diver - Nintendo 3DS $4.99
Family Party: 30 Great Games — Obstacle Arcade - Nintendo Wii U $7.99
$20 PlayStation Network Card and 3-Month PlayStation Plus Subscription Bundle $27.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, missed out on this thread when it was originally posted because I've been out all weekend. So mad I missed out on Kirby, have almost picked it up a bunch of times at GS but the price always seemed high. fucking $8 is like giving it away!
It was out of stock for hours and I felt similarly bummed until it came back. Since the sale is good all week, there is a small chance it will pop in and out of stock. There is also the chance that all of the recent orders will be canceled.

Price matched both Pokemon Conquest and Kirby at Target.. and got an extra 15% off for working there ;) Score!

Got Pokemon Conquest. Thought about getting Steel Diver, but it looks really boring.
I bought it for my little brother a while back and he's had a blast with the game. It's one of his most played 3DS games. I'd say it's worth it for $5.

Just got a back-ordered email for kirby stating August 2nd-13th. I feel like it might be canceled outright before then, since that is weeks away and I've had previous best buy orders canceled when given that kind of time frame.

Just got a back-ordered email stating August 2nd-13th. I feel like it might be canceled outright before then, since that is weeks away and I've had previous best buy orders canceled when given that kind of time frame.
Which game(s) are on back-order for you?

I would totally buy a spare copy Kirby for $10 + shipping off someone here.  None of my stores had any and my one store close by actually called me (first time a BB ever called me) and he was so upset that he couldn't find me a copy because I had ordered it for store pickup.  Happy to see some legit BB employees around.  

Well, damn. I got backordered also. I've only had a few orders backordered by BB, but all of them have gotten cancelled in the end. I hope for the best though.

Got a notice that my Kirby got backordered, too...but I'm holding out hope since the same thing happened with my Kingdom Hearts DDD deal of the day, and it really did ship around the date they "expected to have it in stock".

Has anyone's Kirby order even made it to the "Preparing Order" phase?
My Crosswords order that I placed after Kirby is way ahead of it in terms of being shipped.

crosswords for a few reasons
.will keep you busy much longer and you can play with your loved ones together
.if you dont want it anymore it trades in to gamestop for 4.80$ after bonuses. only 20 cent loss and you get nintendo coins !
.steel driver sucks monkey anus
Ehh, I might get them both.

When you say you can play with others together, how exactly do you mean? Like, I'm playing the game and just ask people the clues I assume?

Ehh, I might get them both.

When you say you can play with others together, how exactly do you mean? Like, I'm playing the game and just ask people the clues I assume?
yes just like that and take turns too. relax on the couch and solve puzzles together. its great for kids to play along so they can learn new words :D

Has anyone's Kirby order even made it to the "Preparing Order" phase?
My Crosswords order that I placed after Kirby is way ahead of it in terms of being shipped.
Mine says it's "Preparing Order". Ordered Pokémon Conquest and 2 Kirbys (1 to play, 1 to keep sealed). But I ordered them when this was first posted (within 10 mins of first posting), so I think I beat the mad rush into the thread.

My order status changed from backordered to preparing order. Ordered it around 11am yesterday. Probably last batch of orders for the Kirby. If it ships I'm sure everyone will get it as well.

My dad was able to get my copy of Kirby for me yesterday am with no issues. Placed order around 8am online. Ready for pickup by 10. Picked up by noon.

I had honestly wanted the game for a while and almosy purchased it used at BBV a few weeks back for $20 so glad I held off.

Thinking I might get that Crosswords game for the girlfriend.

Mine says it's "Preparing Order". Ordered Pokémon Conquest and 2 Kirbys (1 to play, 1 to keep sealed). But I ordered them when this was first posted (within 10 mins of first posting), so I think I beat the mad rush into the thread.
Huh, I did the same (ordered within 10 minutes of this thread's creation), but my order of two Kirby's Dream Collections is "in process of being fulfilled. Usually ships in 3-5 days". :whistle2:|

Great Premier Silver treatment there, BBY. :wall:

So I ordered Kirby through Store Pickup yesterday but about 30 minutes later I got a voicemail from someone at Best Buy telling me they didn't actually have it in the store. I talked to a rep but she didn't know what to do. Do you think after a week I can go back into Best Buy and get something done so I could actually get it. It will stay on the "ready for pickup" screen for 8 days.

So I ordered Kirby through Store Pickup yesterday but about 30 minutes later I got a voicemail from someone at Best Buy telling me they didn't actually have it in the store. I talked to a rep but she didn't know what to do. Do you think after a week I can go back into Best Buy and get something done so I could actually get it. It will stay on the "ready for pickup" screen for 8 days.
Can always go in and cancel it yourself.

If you've already paid and it's gone to ready to pick up you should call the store and talk to the... oh it's early and I can't remember their exact position but the person who sits at the desk to do pickups and answer the phone. They have the greatest ability to get a product directly for a customer outside of a manager. They should either be able to place an OSS order to get it shipped to the store, from another store or regional warehouse, and held in your name or they have another option that's specific to them (again brain not working so good yet) that should be able to get it shipped either to store or directly to you.

Can always go in and cancel it yourself.
What do you mean "it will stay on the ready for pickup screen for 8 days?" I thought pick up orders are automatically cancelled and funds returned to you if you don't pick it up within a few days?

What do you mean "it will stay on the ready for pickup screen for 8 days?" I thought pick up orders are automatically cancelled and funds returned to you if you don't pick it up within a few days?
It's supposed to be 8 days though some areas seem to have a shorter window.

When I searched Kirby on the site it showed the nearest one in my area still had them for pickup, but when I clicked to change the store from the cart, it's showing unavailable for every location.

If you've already paid and it's gone to ready to pick up you should call the store and talk to the... oh it's early and I can't remember their exact position but the person who sits at the desk to do pickups and answer the phone. They have the greatest ability to get a product directly for a customer outside of a manager. They should either be able to place an OSS order to get it shipped to the store, from another store or regional warehouse, and held in your name or they have another option that's specific to them (again brain not working so good yet) that should be able to get it shipped either to store or directly to you.
According to the customer service desk guy at my local store they stopped doing OMS orders(aka store transfer orders) a while ago. Believe me, I used it frequently when it was an available route to get a deal that wasn't available locally. But apparently those days are over. Shame really. I got quite a few good deals that way.

When I searched Kirby on the site it showed the nearest one in my area still had them for pickup, but when I clicked to change the store from the cart, it's showing unavailable for every location. So I'm assuming that there's none left or very few.
I have the same thing when looking at the store locator and then adding it to the cart. They got swamped pretty hard on this one which is understandable.

By the by, my shipped order got back ordered to mid-August yesterday but I just checked it on the site and it says preparing shipment and leaves the warehouse in 0-1 days so that's positive at least.

It's supposed to be 8 days though some areas seem to have a shorter window.
Oh, wow. Mine is always 2-3 days (pickup ready on Monday, order cancelled Web/Thur of the same week).

When I searched Kirby on the site it showed the nearest one in my area still had them for pickup, but when I clicked to change the store from the cart, it's showing unavailable for every location.
If you're near the store, they might have them on the shelves. Mine said unavailable online, but I saw one in the store.

I ordered around 7:30PM yesterday and was back-ordered, but my Kirby collection is also in the preparing-order phase now. It looks like they have enough of them after all.

bread's done
Back