Best Buy Black Friday 2017

Thank you for the info. Can only afford about $400 on a tv this year. May be use the $400 for next year.

No bundles for me. I'll keep looking for a laptop minus spyware.
Dude, get the TCL one, last I checked it was $400, no need for BF and it has great ratings on rtings I’ll Link when I have the chance but that’s the one I might be getting.

~I imagine the early access prices for regular My Best Buy Members will go live Monday night/Tuesday morning circa 12:30 AM (Central?) I recall years ago they didn't go live until 2am (Central Time) but last year it was shortly after midnight (Wednesday night/Thursday morning.)

Best buy tends to update at 10pm PST. So I'm gonna guess around then tonight for elite members.
As others have pointed out, the last few years, BB has stuck to a midnight West Coast time schedule for updating for early access and not the 10pm West Coast time like they do for weekly ads or daily deals. Not sure what they will do this year, but the has been the pattern at least the past three years.

I looked at my Emails from ordering last year and it shows at 11pm on sunday. (Sun 11/20/2016 11:14 PM). I live in AZ so should of been 10pm or so for PST people. I do remember only certain things were purchasable right away and some items slowly trickled in.

Why buy from Best Buy when :

1. GCU doesn't stack
2. Walmart has almost every $34.99 title for $29.99

Why buy from Best Buy when :

1. GCU doesn't stack
2. Walmart has almost every $34.99 title for $29.99
It's worth paying even an extra $10 to not have to go to walmart on black friday. I've been to best buy during black friday's peak hours and it's crowded, but people are fairly civil. I've been to walmart in the peak hours, and they have people crowded all around their cellophane wrapped items. One year, my buddy was so into it, everyone just dove into the movies and games, him being the very intense and very muscular person he is decided he'd try and pick one of those big cardboard bins up, and he did, it got about half a foot off the ground and it fell over. Good times.

Also if you want anything from walmart, life pro tip, just go in the morning when they open, for whatever reason, games and movies are BF pricing already if they're on the shelf.

It's worth paying even an extra $10 to not have to go to walmart on black friday. I've been to best buy during black friday's peak hours and it's crowded, but people are fairly civil. I've been to walmart in the peak hours, and they have people crowded all around their cellophane wrapped items. One year, my buddy was so into it, everyone just dove into the movies and games, him being the very intense and very muscular person he is decided he'd try and pick one of those big cardboard bins up, and he did, it got about half a foot off the ground and it fell over. Good times.

Also if you want anything from walmart, life pro tip, just go in the morning when they open, for whatever reason, games and movies are BF pricing already if they're on the shelf.
Who said anything about going to the store?

Everything is online.

1- because early access = not having to leave the house, deal with traffic/lines
2- lol Wal-Mart on Black Friday
Again, who said anything about going to the store? The deals are online. I'm not an idiot and wouldn't be caught dead going to a store on Black Friday. Early access was great when GCU stacked. I couldn't care less now. Whoever has the cheapest prices gets my money.

I thought this was CheapAssGamer. You guys are willing to pay $5 more for those titles and not have GCU stack? I'm not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, who said anything about going to the store? The deals are online. I'm not and idiot and wouldn't be caught dead going to a store on Black Friday. Early access was great when GCU stacked. I couldn't care less now. Whoever has the cheapest prices gets my money.

I thought this was CheapAssGamer. You guys are willing to pay $5 more for those titles and not have GCU stack? I'm not.
I have a ton of credit and rewards at BB. And if anything goes wrong with my order, BB has always taken care of me. Rather deal with them than Wal-Mart.

Really wish it was midnight EST. No way I can make midnight PST. Luckily there isn’t a whole lot left I want. I’ll check up to 1 am EST. Otherwise will just see what is still available in the morning.

Again, who said anything about going to the store? The deals are online. I'm not an idiot and wouldn't be caught dead going to a store on Black Friday. Early access was great when GCU stacked. I couldn't care less now. Whoever has the cheapest prices gets my money.

I am one of those that refuses to shop walmart store or online.........willing to pay more elsewhere.....still a cheapassgamer:)

I wouldn't have gotten a SNES Classic if it weren't for Walmart, so I'm pretty grateful.
man Walmart was the fastest to flop the SNES classic every other website lasted longer. Plus Walmart online is still a fucking shit show. Anyone that doesn't like shopping at Walmart is an experienced CAG. Sometimes its not worth missing a good deal to wait for a slightly better deal if you know from experience its slim margins to checkout.

man Walmart was the fastest to flop the SNES classic every other website lasted longer. Plus Walmart online is still a fucking shit show. Anyone that doesn't like shopping at Walmart is an experienced CAG. Sometimes its not worth missing a good deal to wait for a slightly better deal if you know from experience its slim margins to checkout.
Right now, Walmart's two day shipping is faster than Best Buy's. Believe me; Best Buy used to be my favorite.

At least Walmart actually shipped their SNES Classic pre-orders instead of selling them on Treasure Trucks.

For me; it's about the cheapest price. Why buy at $35 when I can buy at $30? Simple.

You know, the actual cost of something involves more than just it's price. Be a smart CAG.

Yeah, I get free shipping from Best Buy. Also Walmart has a tendency to run out of stuff and then wait a week and never tell you it’s canceled, Best Buy handles online stuff way better IME.

At least Walmart actually shipped their SNES Classic pre-orders instead of selling them on Treasure Trucks.
For those of us that actually got preorders for the SNES Classic at Walmart on 8/25, I don't think many of them actually shipped out. Mine was held in backorder-hell until just a few days ago, when it was cancelled automatically (despite Walmart.com having put the item back to available when new shipments arrived). I have zero respect for Walmart online orders, especially for preorders.

For those of us that actually got preorders for the SNES Classic at Walmart on 8/25, I don't think many of them actually shipped out. Mine was held in backorder-hell until just a few days ago, when it was cancelled automatically (despite Walmart.com having put the item back to available when new shipments arrived). I have zero respect for Walmart online orders, especially for preorders.
The ones back in July were all cancelled. The ones from August went out, as long as it was for one. If they were two or more on the same order, or even if you did separate orders, they cancelled. I ordered mine on August 25th and it was delivered. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.

Really wish it was midnight EST. No way I can make midnight PST. Luckily there isn’t a whole lot left I want. I’ll check up to 1 am EST. Otherwise will just see what is still available in the morning.
Do you have to work midnight shift or just can’t stay up till 3? If not working go to bed and set an alarm for 2:55 est. I do it every year and I’m back in bed in 20 minutes.

The ones back in July were all cancelled. The ones from August went out, as long as it was for one. If they were two or more on the same order, or even if you did separate orders, they cancelled. I ordered mine on August 25th and it was delivered. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.
I ordered one (and only one) SNES Classic for store pickup (on 8/25) during the 30 second window it was first live, and it was most certainly cancelled. Had I selected shipping, I may have been luckier. Thankfully, Target didn't completely screw the pooch and I was able to have one delivered about a week after release.

Is it normal to see games that will go on sale, as sold out? I'm specifically looking at Disgaea 5 Complete.
I think so...possibly keeping people from adding everything to cart prior?

On the site I saw a FAQ that said midnight to 5am central would be the start time...man that sucks, 1am-6am eastern.

Early Access is not live and here's all the Items OOS

1. Disgaea 5 (S)

2. Sniper Elite 4

3. Inside/Limbo double pack

and few i wants is OOS.  That's pretty SUCK :(

1. Disgaea 5 (S)
2. Sniper Elite 4
and few i wants is OOS. That's pretty SUCK :(
Historically the items for pre Black Friday items will show OOS and then go back in stock when the sale is live

1. Disgaea 5 (S)

2. Sniper Elite 4

and few i wants is OOS. That's pretty SUCK :(
Two years ago, Until Dawn sold out quickly during Early Access. It came back in stock on Thanksgiving and was easy to get come Black Friday. They will have these games in stock even if they are hard to get tomorrow.

Buying at the cheapest price possible is being a smart CAG. That's literally the point of the website.
there's more to the lowest price than just the price - that's all i'm saying. when it's, let's say, $25 and $30, with the former meaning you may be dealing with higher risk of not getting it or having to deal with in-store, then, well, that $25 costs more.

well, i suppose this is yet one more reason why America is stupid -- ithat's good for business ppl like me :)

there's more to the lowest price than just the price - that's all i'm saying. when it's, let's say, $25 and $30, with the former meaning you may be dealing with higher risk of not getting it or having to deal with in-store, then, well, that $25 costs more.

well, i suppose this is yet one more reason why America is stupid -- ithat's good for business ppl like me :)
Shut the hell up already.

Any word if the xbox logitech steering wheel + shifter will be back for $199?
I'm not sure if it will include the shifter again. I'm hoping it does, but the shifter was included with it before the sale started last week. Then as soon as I noticed it the shifter went oos everywhere near me and not available for shipping. I hope it includes it, but I still might get it if it's $199.99 again just for the wheel.

so it's true many of the pre black friday sales then the actually black friday ones. Seems every year retailers are starting the sales earlier.

bread's done
Back