Best Buy Black Friday 2017

I received a Apple Macbook Pro 13 Display $1500 model instead of my Wolfenstein II CE. Bestbuy needs to keep screwing up. Need some more S8 glitch prices.

I went to pick up my XBL Gold 3 month cards I ordered over black Friday. Was told that they had a problem activating them and to come back another day to try again. Was told "Microsoft sold too many".... I highly doubt that's why BB can't get their act together.

Who is on the receiving end of JJ's lesson today?

The Necromonger in me warns you to stay away. But the CAG in me … hopes you won't listen.

Fortunately crash was $5 less on Monday, so I return rebought. Under $20 was my original buy price for the remade Crash Trilogy.

So it appears that all my game orders worked out but 1. My copies of Kingdom Hearts 1-2 and Persona 5 are currently on "delay" and are set to auto cancel if not in stock within the next month. Anybody else have anything like this?

Wasn’t sure where to post this. I’ll post in the Weekly Ad thread Also.

A lot of us shop a B.B, especially with gcu and the early Black Friday sales. I just wanted to remind everyone. Towards the end of the year, Best Buy shuts off the tracker towards Elite/Elite Plus. So when it comes close to the end of the year, you won’t know how much more you need to spend to reach a certain tier. I would imagine they do this to push more sales. If someone is close but not sure, they might spend more just to make sure they hit the tier. From my past experiences, it’s early December when the tracker disappears and it won’t return until after the first of the year.

Basically just check your spending there now so you won’t be unsure later. Does anyone know if tax is included towards Elite status? Personally my Black Friday purchases should be enough to put me over Elite Plus, but won’t know for sure until the points post. Hopefully this helps some of you guys out.

Mother Fuc............. My WD 8TB is failing. Was transferring data from my 5TB Seagate and the WD just shuts off, thing is hot as hell and missing 300gb of files. Won't read on my Xbox. Not redownloading/installing 3tb worth of games. UGH.

Wasn’t sure where to post this. I’ll post in the Weekly Ad thread Also.

A lot of us shop a B.B, especially with gcu and the early Black Friday sales. I just wanted to remind everyone. Towards the end of the year, Best Buy shuts off the tracker towards Elite/Elite Plus. So when it comes close to the end of the year, you won’t know how much more you need to spend to reach a certain tier. I would imagine they do this to push more sales. If someone is close but not sure, they might spend more just to make sure they hit the tier. From my past experiences, it’s early December when the tracker disappears and it won’t return until after the first of the year.

Basically just check your spending there now so you won’t be unsure later. Does anyone know if tax is included towards Elite status? Personally my Black Friday purchases should be enough to put me over Elite Plus, but won’t know for sure until the points post. Hopefully this helps some of you guys out.

From my experience, Best Buy does everything to screw with customers. Tax does not count towards elite, nor RZ points. It's aggravating to buy something at $19.99 and receive 19 RZ points. When you make countless purchases a year, have Elite, and a Best Buy credit card, those small points add up.

From my experience, Best Buy does everything to screw with customers. Tax does not count towards elite, nor RZ points. It's aggravating to buy something at $19.99 and receive 19 RZ points. When you make countless purchases a year, have Elite, and a Best Buy credit card, those small points add up.
I agree with the 19 points instead of 20 being crap, but I’ve often been made Elite without spending 1K, with no idea why.

So it appears that all my game orders worked out but 1. My copies of Kingdom Hearts 1-2 and Persona 5 are currently on "delay" and are set to auto cancel if not in stock within the next month. Anybody else have anything like this?
Yeah. Not with any games, but with the Prophets of Rage CD. Ordered it for $7 before Black Friday. It’s odd... I’m able to add it to my cart now (at double the price). Not sure what’s causing the delay.

I once got my best buy order(Video games and a hard drive) and they put in one of those wifi extenders(Linskys) that I can understand, but putting in a brand new macbook pro instead of a video game, how the heck does that happen
Idk. The invoice inside was for the macbook + had other person's name, address etc. guess the packer at a warehouse got it screwed up. I had to check the label on the box to make sure the UPS guy didn't deliver to the wrong house.

Idk. The invoice inside was for the macbook + had other person's name, address etc. guess the packer at a warehouse got it screwed up. I had to check the label on the box to make sure the UPS guy didn't deliver to the wrong house.
They are similar in shape and would probably ship in the same kind of box. The store that shipped it probably swapped the address stickers and will take the hit on the amount of money they lost the company by doing that. :whistle2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if tax is included towards Elite status? Personally my Black Friday purchases should be enough to put me over Elite Plus, but won’t know for sure until the points post.
Tax doesn't count towards elite.

For purchases made with gift cards / certs, the value of the gc/cert does not count towards elite. For example, if you buy a $25 item and use $20 worth of gc/cert, then only $5 counts towards elite.

On the other hand, buying gift cards does count towards elite. If you're a little short of elite at the end of the year, you can buy some gc to top you off. Confusingly though, I don't think you get reward points (used for earning reward certificates) from buying gift cards. -Edit- You do get reward points when purchasing gc.

Tax-free purchases (ie business purchases for resell) also do not count towards elite.

I ordered something once and got the correct order but the box had 2 different labels. One with my name and on the side someone else's. I typed in the tracking info and it said lost in transit for the other guy. They have so many orders there's bound to be mistakes.

For purchases made with gift cards / certs, the value of the gc/cert does not count towards elite. For example, if you buy a $25 item and use $20 worth of gc/cert, then only $5 counts towards elite.

On the other hand, buying gift cards does count towards elite. If you're a little short of elite at the end of the year, you can buy some gc to top you off. Confusingly though, I don't think you get reward points (used for earning reward certificates) from buying gift cards.

Tax-free purchases (ie business purchases for resell) also do not count towards elite.
You get rewards points from buying gift cards, they even get the bonus from your elite status.

On the other hand, buying gift cards does count towards elite. If you're a little short of elite at the end of the year, you can buy some gc to top you off. Confusingly though, I don't think you get reward points (used for earning reward certificates) from buying gift cards.

The GC isn't that confusing. Since buying gift card already counts toward your reward, you don't earn reward when spending the gift card (or the person who received the GC will not get reward because you've already earned it)

That's pretty much how all GC works with other retailers too, otherwise they're double paying you.

You get rewards points from buying gift cards, they even get the bonus from your elite status.
You're right, says so in the terms. Updated my earlier post.

The GC isn't that confusing. Since buying gift card already counts toward your reward, you don't earn reward when spending the gift card (or the person who received the GC will not get reward because you've already earned it)
Agreed, it makes sense. The part that confused me was when I thought you didn't earn reward points for purchasing gc, but I was wrong about that.

So I finally got my last 4K movie package that I bought from BF early access...and Logan has a LE 9 card reveal exclusive legacy poster "Only at Walmart" sticker on it. Is this normal?  :lol:

Couldn't you double dip by buying a prepaid visa from bb, then use that visa on another purchase? Might be an easy way to get extra points and you someone that doesn’t spend a lot to hit elite.

Couldn't you double dip by buying a prepaid visa from bb, then use that visa on another purchase? Might be an easy way to get extra points and you someone that doesn’t spend a lot to hit elite.
BB doesn't sell prepaid visa for a while now. Yes, before when they do sell those, you can double dip.

bread's done
Back