Best Buy Black Friday 2017

The 4TB WD portable Hard drive for $79 is back in stock for delivery.

Still waiting to see if I can catch the 8tb but until then this works for me.

Was just about to post about the $80 drive too.  Best deal on portable 4TB and who knows how prices will end up in the near future after BF, so figured why not.

The colors are Western Digital categories of hard drive. Black tends to be the high performance gaming ones, Green is more eco friendly, Red is more friendly for servers, Blue is sort of middle of the road, etc.
And which one is the 129 one..keep on reading something about it being white..I guess I should hope its black since it will be good with the XBOX ONE X?

UPS is dropping the ball on all the items I bought from bestbuy. Couldn't get the trailer out for dispatch on my orders from monday. Same thing happened with my orders from Wednesday. Then two items couldn't be delivered yesterday because of holiday closures which makes no sense. Now today two items cant be delivered because the address doesn't match. Which continues to make no sense, since it matches my damn address. I just want my shit man. lol.

I got an email from best buy saying they were sorry for accidentally undercharging me for the games I bought. They forgot to charge tax and shipping so I got both Watch Dogs 2 and Bioshock The Collection for a straight $30.

UPS is dropping the ball on all the items I bought from bestbuy. Couldn't get the trailer out for dispatch on my orders from monday. Same thing happened with my orders from Wednesday. Then two items couldn't be delivered yesterday because of holiday closures which makes no sense. Now today two items cant be delivered because the address doesn't match. Which continues to make no sense, since it matches my damn address. I just want my shit man. lol.
I feel your pain. Mine marked it delivered for my Monday items (Wednesday Delivery). And then UPS has not come by one since then. I really think they all took off until Monday next week and marked it done. I had packages from Amazon that day also marked delivered, but he always comes into my garage and brings them to me, I know he never came. FedEx has came twice since then with Best Buy Orders placed after Monday.

They messin up.

They used sure post for my order, which means ups hands it to usps for delivery which sucks for me cause usps is the worst. They were suppose to deliver yesterday but there was "no secure location".  Haven't had an update since :headache:

Anyone waiting on a Thursday game order to ship? I ordered 3 PS4 games around noon Thursday and all were in stock then and for several hours after.

But the order hasn't shipped yet.

A single Blu-Ray ordered 5-6 hours AFTER I ordered the 3 PS4 games shipped this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone waiting on a Thursday game order to ship? I ordered 3 PS4 games around noon Thursday and all were in stock then and for several hours after.

But the order hasn't shipped yet.

A single Blu-Ray ordered 5-6 hours AFTER I ordered the 3 PS4 games shipped this morning.
I ordered 4 Video games and a macbook pro on Thursday(Figured they would all be delivered together), only Tekken 7 for the PS4 shipped, arriving USPS on Tuesday or so it says

On Friday I ordered the Western Digital 8TB hard drive for 129, also ordered Rayman Legends for the Switch and Lego Ninjago Movie for the Switch, only the two games shipped

Edit: the two nintendo switch games(Rayman and Lego) arrived by mail today wasn't expecting that since I just ordered them yesterday nice surprise

And which one is the 129 one..keep on reading something about it being white..I guess I should hope its black since it will be good with the XBOX ONE X?
You won't find Black drives in external drives. Partially because power consumption, mostly because they are more expensive. I had a Green in the last one I got.

You won't find Black drives in external drives. Partially because power consumption, mostly because they are more expensive. I had a Green in the last one I got.
Oh Ok so the 129 one that I will receive will be green? I really dont care what color it is as long as its reliable, quiet, and works with the XBOX ONE X..just thought maybe the red one was more reliable and lasts longer at least that is what I read..but depends what they are doing with the drive, most people are taking them apart to "Shuck" them, Im not

Oh Ok so the 129 one that I will receive will be green? I really dont care what color it is as long as its reliable, quiet, and works with the XBOX ONE X..just thought maybe the red one was more reliable and lasts longer at least that is what I read..but depends what they are doing with the drive, most people are taking them apart to "Shuck" them, Im not
It depends, but it will likely be whatever one is most economical for them at the time, especially for Black Friday items. They almost certainly made a deal with Best Buy for cheaper products for BF deals.

I received by mail two Nintendo Switch games today, but question, on the games there are two stickers that say "Ship to home notifications" and it shows the order number and the name of the games..never had that on my games before and Ive ordered numerous games from Best Buy the games are sealed just weird that they have these labels on them anyone else received any games that have these labels on their games

It depends, but it will likely be whatever one is most economical for them at the time, especially for Black Friday items. They almost certainly made a deal with Best Buy for cheaper products for BF deals.
129 for me isn't cheap LOL better than the 160 one but as long as its reliable and works well for my needs than its fine..still not sure about the difference between the two you can't find the 129 one anywhere luck of the draw yesterday I was online and the add to cart appeared and didnt have to do in store pick up(Not available within 250 miles of here)

I was in best buy this morning and saw about 35 SNES classics, 50 switches, 50 Xbox one X's, and tons of various ps4 and Xbox one s bundles. Wonder if that was an overnight restock or if black Friday wasn't as productive as they were planning.

I received by mail two Nintendo Switch games today, but question, on the games there are two stickers that say "Ship to home notifications" and it shows the order number and the name of the games..never had that on my games before and Ive ordered numerous games from Best Buy the games are sealed just weird that they have these labels on them anyone else received any games that have these labels on their games
That probably means it got shipped directly from a store, instead of a warehouse. Not really anything to worry about.

That probably means it got shipped directly from a store, instead of a warehouse. Not really anything to worry about.
Ok cool was so weird I ordered them yesterday and received them both today, said it shipped from Kentucky and Im in California and already received them was shocked that it arrived that quick

One game I got in yesterday had it too. Although the 2nd package of 3 games didn’t have it.

One game I got in yesterday had it too. Although the 2nd package of 3 games didn’t have it.
Yeah it was two switch games in one package since they shipped together..haven't received my other games yet that I ordered on Thursday..what does it mean That it shipped from some store to us? Mine shipped from Kentucky I guess it was 1 day shipping USPS

129 for me isn't cheap LOL better than the 160 one but as long as its reliable and works well for my needs than its fine..still not sure about the difference between the two you can't find the 129 one anywhere luck of the draw yesterday I was online and the add to cart appeared and didnt have to do in store pick up(Not available within 250 miles of here)
But 8TB for $129 is pretty damn cheap, price wise. Like many TV manufacturers, they probably make "Black Friday" models that use cheaper parts, less connectors (like less HDMI ports on TVs, etc.) that are sold to retailers with the intent to sell on heavy discounts so they still turn decent profits. You almost certainly won't find a Black in any external drive, it's their premium consumer model - those are the sorts of things you put in gaming PCs, not as external backups. Red, Purple and Gold are business models. If that is what you want, you can get one of those and put it in an enclosure - but it is sort of wasted over a USB connection.

It is likely a Blue but might be a Green. I found a Green one in a drive that had the interface go bad and just installed it in my PC, the main difference in that is it would essentially power down after a while and the initial access would take a short bit to rev up. Blue is their "standard" model. In my PC I have an SSD for the OS, Black for installs and normal use and the Green for storage of pictures/etc (since I had it anyways).

https://hddmag.com/western-digital-hdd-colors-explained/

But 8TB for $129 is pretty damn cheap, price wise. Like many TV manufacturers, they probably make "Black Friday" models that use cheaper parts, less connectors (like less HDMI ports on TVs, etc.) that are sold to retailers with the intent to sell on heavy discounts so they still turn decent profits. You almost certainly won't find a Black in any external drive, it's their premium consumer model - those are the sorts of things you put in gaming PCs, not as external backups. Red, Purple and Gold are business models. If that is what you want, you can get one of those and put it in an enclosure - but it is sort of wasted over a USB connection.

It is likely a Blue but might be a Green. I found a Green one in a drive that had the interface go bad and just installed it in my PC, the main difference in that is it would essentially power down after a while and the initial access would take a short bit to rev up. Blue is their "standard" model. In my PC I have an SSD for the OS, Black for installs and normal use and the Green for storage of pictures/etc (since I had it anyways).

https://hddmag.com/western-digital-hdd-colors-explained/
I guess for what Im using it for(The XBOX ONE X) I guess it doesn't make a difference which one it is..or does it make a difference? I wont be taking it apart, just plugging it into the xbox one and thats it..never really bothered looking before when I had seagate drives which drive was inside the packaging but since these western digital drives are easystore and Im not familiar with them and I wont be touching seagate anymore(Ive had 2 die on me) just want something reliable and dependable(And quiet) I wonder if best buy will even send me the drive since you can't find it anywhere, who knows, maybe they will send me the 159 one instead..I read yesterday that people went to best buy and got the 159 one price matched to 129

I guess for what Im using it for(The XBOX ONE X) I guess it doesn't make a difference which one it is..or does it make a difference? I wont be taking it apart, just plugging it into the xbox one and thats it..never really bothered looking before when I had seagate drives which drive was inside the packaging but since these western digital drives are easystore and Im not familiar with them and I wont be touching seagate anymore(Ive had 2 die on me) just want something reliable and dependable(And quiet) I wonder if best buy will even send me the drive since you can't find it anywhere, who knows, maybe they will send me the 159 one instead..I read yesterday that people went to best buy and got the 159 one price matched to 129
It shouldn't matter, even if it is Green. You are operating over the USB anyways, and it is highly unlikely you will stop accessing the hard drive long enough while playing for it to go into sleep mode.

It shouldn't matter, even if it is Green. You are operating over the USB anyways, and it is highly unlikely you will stop accessing the hard drive long enough while playing for it to go into sleep mode.
I never thought about sleep mode..if I pause a game and leave for I dont know, 10 min or so what happens, the hard drive goes to sleep? Doesn't that happen with all hard drives if you dont use it for a period of time you need to wake it up

Does anyone know if it's possible to get rewards points from a purchase made on ebay from the Best Buy storefront?  I just spent $320 and I'm very close to Elite plus..

i got my Yakuza Kiwami SB damaged. luckily i didnt open it yet. i felt the bump. gotta find one in stores
My Uncharted Lost Legacy PS4 arrived and I notice the front of the box has a lump on it, the paper..but the back of it is totally fine..should I just exchange the game in store? Never received a game that is bumpy before..it is sealed but bumpy

So now all my orders are back to the original "ups label created" status. I im just going to quit looking at the status of all my packages till next year. I es so sads. No monitor, no COD, No 8TB HD.  :wall:  :headache:

Only thing I absolutely wanted from BB was Wonder Woman 4k for $10 and I slept on it. Wife went last night and they were totally sold out. They had like literally every other advertised movie but that one. Damn.

I saw on a few sites that FE: Shadows of Valentia was supposed to be $20 at Best Buy or Walmart. Just seeing everywhere at $30 which isn't much of a discount from GCU. Was this just an error?

FYI GCU is working for a lot of games right now with the same deals. 28 bucks ACO, 20 bucks evil within 2, 16 bucks KH 1.5/2.5, 16 bucks Horizon among others.

bread's done
Back