Best Buy Black Friday 2017

I have about 8 games in my cart, but I can't seem to pull the trigger. Last year most of the games on BF were also on sale at BF prices for CM, but with the GCU discount in effect.  Maybe I'll just hold off on games and just concentrate on movies and hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I am Elite Plus

Half my cart has updated to the new price, the other half hasn't...

Anyone have a clue what's going on?

Some stragglers include John Wick 2, Guardians 2, etc.

So, I am Elite Plus

As mentioned before the system doesn't update all at once. It comes in waves it seems. Last year irrc everything wasn't added till around 0200 CST. :(

So, I am Elite Plus

UHD? I was able to get both those movies without any trouble. Only thing I want that won't show the BF price is Forza 7.

UHD? I was able to get both those movies without any trouble. Only thing I want that won't show the BF price is Forza 7.
Just Blu-Ray
I have nothing 4k, and while I do have an XB1S, I don't use it for movies...

Also Transformers 5, and a half a dozen DC animated movies, the ones I've not bought yet.

So, I am Elite Plus

The early Black Friday sales is on some items and not all. The rest will be available Wednesday night.

Slightly disappointed that Best Buy didn't include the shifter this time around with the Logitech G29 Racing Wheel like they did two weeks ago during their Black Friday preview sale.

Really lame that the new seasons for flash and arrow are only on sale for DVD.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Ditto this for Ash vs Evil Dead S1. :whistle2:(

Ark Survival Evolved was on sale, I grabbed that even though I didn't even see it listed in the sales. Got a steelbook with it too
That steelbook almost got me to bite on that too, but from what I've seen on that game I think $20 is my top price on it. Gonna be strong & resist the lure of the sb. ;)

So, I am Elite Plus

Not all items are going to be on sale right now, i recommend you put in that sale half in right now before its sells out.

They say that (to provide disclaimer), but past years have been pretty representative of the full BF ad. Hell, even the formal 'doorbusters' are now showing up at BF prices (e.g. Moana).
I remember last year and the year before that. There were some games and item not available for the early access.

They say that (to provide disclaimer), but past years have been pretty representative of the full BF ad. Hell, even the formal 'doorbusters' are now showing up at BF prices (e.g. Moana).
Yep, that's been pretty much my experience every year!
3 of the 4 "Doorbuster" are showing up..

Just waiting on Guardians.

Just usually it feels like everything was updated by now.

Ordered South Park with a cert, Uncharted 4, and 2  2 in 1 chromebooks for the kids.  I want to buy a PSVR but I watched every game play video of almost every VR game and it doesn't get me hyped.....but I still want it.  

Multiples. I grabbed all the movies I wanted first. Then I picked up a game. Now I'm just waiting for everything else.
Just be careful BB has in the past made it to where if you make to many orders they will put a hold on your order and you have to call to get the order approved.

Anyone else getting charged for 2 day shipping? WTF, I'm elite plus yo. It says get it by Friday with free shipping. Why am I bothering with early access then? The whole point is to get your stuff before Black Friday.

No GCU is a dealbreaker for me too.

I have an insane backlog and none of these games will make it to the top of the list.

Only game I got was Bioshock collection, since thats a pretty good price even without GCU
Thought about Bioshock Collection, but the DF review was poor:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-bioshock-collection-face-off

Anyone know if things have gotten better since then via patches?

All 3 games are backwards compatible; for those that own them, that may be the better way to go.

Anyone else getting charged for 2 day shipping? WTF, I'm elite plus yo. It says get it by Friday with free shipping. Why am I bothering with early access then? The whole point is to get your stuff before Black Friday.
Nope, free two day shipping for my one order. Correction, it is free by Friday which I originally thought was two business days as I lost track of the date. In any case they usually ship really fast with early access so I wouldn't be surprised getting it Wednesday.

Hmmm, was really hoping South Park FBW Gold Edition would be $65 or under...must resist the $75 price (gosh that especially sucks that GCU doesn’t stack on something like that lol).

I member when Best Buy was great. You could make a hundred orders with no cancellations. You can still abuse GCU with no repercussions (just don't contact support if you have an issue), but I truly miss being able to easily make a shit ton of orders.

These days they cap you at 5 orders and start auto-cancelling after that.

#MakeBestBuyGreatAgain

I member when Best Buy was great. You could make a hundred orders with no cancellations. You can still abuse GCU with no repercussions (just don't contact support if you have an issue), but I truly miss being able to easily make a shit ton of orders.

#MakeBestBuyGreatAgain
I remember the first year I really abused GCU in 2013.

I went to Best Buy on Black Friday, they had everything I had been looking for out of all the stores, the worker there not only price matched the stores that were lower base, but even added the GCU discount ontop of it.

To this day, if I need a price match, I go to that employee if he's working.

(Recently I had him price match the clearance price of Xenoblade Chronicles X due to the fact Gamestop was sold out online, BB.COM wouldn't match it and told me to go to the store, the store was supposed to only match it if a GS had it instock within 20miles, but the employee did it anyways)

#MakeBestBuyGreatAgain
Is that what exiles you to cancellation-land? More than 5 orders in some (presumably short) time period?

I can see them having issues with violating the terms of GCU, of course, but why would they effectively ban you for making multiple orders consisting of different items? They really have so much revenue they don't want more?

Seems idiotic, no to mention the total lack of transparency (which isn't surprising given they way they've instituted return bans in the past - or rather, outsourced return bans).

Nope, free two day shipping for my one order. Correction, it is free by Friday which I originally thought was two business days as I lost track of the date. In any case they usually ship really fast with early access so I wouldn't be surprised getting it Wednesday.
Yeah I definitely just got charged like $13 for the same shipping. I'll contact their customer support when I am actually awake. Still sour I couldn't order Disgaea 5, but I guess I'll try my luck Friday.

Eh.. Disgaea never went up, dunno why people lying..  :shame:​ 

bread's done
Back