Best Buy Black Friday 2017

Only the movie I ordered has shipped so far. The 4 games are still "preparing" with a delivery date of Friday. Not a huge deal but hopefully it doesn't get pushed back any further since I believe Friday is the latest I can return Evil Within 2 on my original receipt.

This was the worst early access ever. I can't believe I saved up money and turned down a chance to lose my virginity for this. I should have just taken her to arbys and then get frisky in the restroom.
The curly fries alone would've been better than this.

FYI. I'm chatting with Best Buy customer service about the Disgaea 5 price. The game is now in stock but not showing the black friday price. I am an elite member so it should be there. The rep had a hard time finding the game in the ad so here is a link for reference.  (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/black-friday/sale-ad/?category=video+games3)  It's the 3rd game from the end in the 19.99 row. The rep is putting the order through for me now (I hope).  

Now I just need to wait for Walmart to go live and I can pick up mario/rabbids!  Merry Switchmas!!!

Jesus put that in a spoiler!
It LITERALLY says it on the back of the box of the first game.

Granted I didn't see that when I started playing it, causing discussions between my roommate and I during the first game then within a couple hours it's revealed..

Then when I grabbed the box, it was literally on the back of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI. I'm chatting with Best Buy customer service about the Disgaea 5 price. The game is now in stock but not showing the black friday price. I am an elite member so it should be there. The rep had a hard time finding the game in the ad so here is a link for reference. (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/black-friday/sale-ad/?category=video+games3) It's the 3rd game from the end in the 19.99 row. The rep is putting the order through for me now (I hope).

Now I just need to wait for Walmart to go live and I can pick up mario/rabbids! Merry Switchmas!!!
You do realize that not all games advertised in the BF ad necessarily have to be at early access BF price, right? BBY owns words were "select" deals would be made available. For example, neither the 4TB or 8TB external HDs were available.

It LITERALLY says it on the back of the box of the first game.
Granted I didn't see that when I started playing it, causing discussions between my roommate and I during the first game then within a couple hours it's revealed..
Then when I grabbed the box, it was literally on the back of it.
Really? My backlog is so big I don’t have time to read boxes on games I’m never actually going to play.

You do realize that not all games advertised in the BF ad necessarily have to be at early access BF price, right? BBY owns words were "select" deals would be made available. For example, neither the 4TB or 8TB external HDs were availabe
That is true but the CS rep sold me the game for $19.99

Any reccmmendation on 128 GB memory card for the switch?  Read tests saying it doesn't matter too much as long as uhs1?

Is the $30 sandisk ultra good enough or is it worth it to go for the $50 sandisk extreme?

I spoke with a Best Buy chat person and they claimed that Disgaea 5 Complete is not a part of the early access deals.  I wish they were wrong but that's what they wrote to me.

Glad I waited to use these coupons.
attachicon.gif
Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 1.55.42 AM.png
How did you get the deal on KH? Is it from being an elite member or something?

I spoke with a Best Buy chat person and they claimed that Disgaea 5 Complete is not a part of the early access deals. I wish they were wrong but that's what they wrote to me.
I'm sorry to have gotten your hopes up. You can try another chat rep. I was just watching football and thought I would give it a shot

Rep on phone was no help for me. Of course his English sucked but he clearly stated that Disgea 5 is not part of early access.

Also had to call Best Buy about the Disgaea 5 Complete price. It took a lengthy conversation for the representative to have me just place the order for the full price ($48 w/ GCU) and call back to get the game adjusted to the BF price once it arrives.

If they say it's not showing up in the Black Friday sale in their system, walk them through where it is in the BF preview ad on Best Buys website. The rep I spoke to was only looking in his system until I repeatedly asked him to actually look in the ad for it.

I just got off the phone with CS rep (I believe his name was Gerald) who mentioned that they had a 32 page PDF file with a list of SKUs that should be included on the preview.  He wasn't able to find the SKU scanning the pages or by searching, which wouldn't surprise me if it is a scan turn PDF. 

I mentioned that clicking on all the games on that row from the black Friday ad show the $20 preview price.  He had me place the order with the GCU price, and set up a refund for the difference. Seems like calling in is very hit or miss. 

hmmmm Moana and SpiderMan Homecoming were oos a couple hours ago and now they are back in stock, so maybe theres a chance other items will restock.

nvm. oos again.

Nice to see Best  Buy customer service is as worthless as it's ever been ... Almost got a price match on Disgaea but got disconnected and every other rep I spoke with either wasn't willing or able to PM *cough*overseascallcenter*cough*

For anyone that feels like complaining about the bs they're pulling with Disgaea being out of stock and then not eligible for the sale, here's the Elite and Elite Plus line - 

1-866-797-7367.

Anyone?
Just want to grab the moview that didn't go on sale today.
No, according to the master thread, they don't start until 5pm that day. Doesn't say what time zone, though. Most likely Eastern, but it could be the same zone as the one these posts get stamped in, which is probably Antarctica or something, they way they're so far off from mine.

Got Shadow of War, Evil Within 2, and Wolfenstein 2 for $30 with $50 in certs. Awesome!

No, according to the master thread, they don't start until 5pm that day. Doesn't say what time zone, though. Most likely Eastern, but it could be the same zone as the one these posts get stamped in, which is probably Antarctica or something, they way they're so far off from mine.
Thank you, thought it started around 1am EST Thurday online.. or I thought it had in the past

pretty sure the prices show online all day thanksgiving. 5 pm is the time they go live in store isnt it?

just checked. yah master thread only lists the times in store. as walmart and target will be doing online sales all day as well. 

1 am est time is a safe bet for when the price will start to change.

I see that the Lego Ninjago Movie(Switch) and Monopoly(Switch) both say sold out..really didnt think games like that would be sold out but hope they will be back for BF for us regular best buy members

pretty sure the prices show online all day thanksgiving. 5 pm is the time they go live in store isnt it?

just checked. yah master thread only lists the times in store. as walmart and target will be doing online sales all day as well.

1 am est time is a safe bet for when the price will start to change.
Thank you

I'm not an Elite member but I am a myrewards member. Will we get our turn at 1am eastern? Looks to be about 35 mins away...

I think antarctica spans all time zones...

Spoke with a Bradley Porter via chat. He managed to give me Disgaea 5 at $19.99.
I'm guessing this is a generic name or something because I'm also talking to a Bradley Porter about Disgaea.

...or just may be a small world.

Edit: Bradley da real MVP. I was able to get best buy cs to put an order for me. Did this through chat btw.

But what if I didn't like the first one?
Evil Within 2 is a million times better. I played the first one all of 5 minutes before turning it off and never playing it again. EW2 has a semi open world with twists, turns, and surprises at every turn. It's silent hill meets last of us and it's amazing.

bread's done
Back